|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How has Foxcorp's presence in Kuinak affected the town?
(a) They've become rich.
(b) They fixed all the streets.
(c) It's become busy.
(d) They've torn it down.
2. What is the purpose of the first half of Chapter 2?
(a) To give some background on the Loops.
(b) To scare the reader.
(c) To create sympathy for Paul.
(d) To hint at what's to come.
3. What does Kuinak see this movie as an opportunity for?
4. Why are there pigs at Paul's icehouse property?
(a) They have a sentimental attachment to the icehouse.
(b) They will be safe there.
(c) They're brought there to breed.
(d) They flock there for the winter.
5. Where did Alice go to college?
(d) San Francisco.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the Underdog Club angry?
2. What is the benefit of Steubins' advice he gives at the party, if followed?
3. Who is Reverend Greener?
4. Where does Alice find a copy of Shoola and the Sea Lion?
5. Who took Billy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Foxcorp changed Kuinak?
2. How does Chapter 5 tie back to Chapter 3?
3. How do we better understand Ike by the end of Chapter 8?
4. Why is Alice drinking again?
5. In Chapter 3, why is this small town about to change?
6. What is the overall theme of Chapter 2?
7. What does "Bakatcha Bandit" imply about Ike?
8. In Shoola and the Sea Lion, how are appearances not as they seem?
9. Why is Steubins' advice appealing to the town leaders?
10. Does Ike live a charmed life?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)