|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ike's only wish?
(a) To fall in love.
(b) To make money.
(c) To leave town.
(d) To be left alone.
2. What sea creatures are caught in Mike's fishing net?
(a) Slime eels.
(c) Gold fish.
3. Who comes to the docks in Chapter 7?
(a) People without invitations.
(b) The natives.
(c) No one.
(d) The crew.
4. What is the first unfortunate thing that happens to Paul's icehouse?
(a) It's ransacked.
(b) It falls down.
(c) It melts.
(d) It goes out of business.
5. What did Alice become famous around town for?
(b) Her secret husband.
(c) Being nice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the effect of Alice's marriage to Mike?
2. In Chapter 5, who does Alice fight with at the bar?
3. Why does Mike take a longer route to get home?
4. Where did Alice go to college?
5. When Alice meets up with Ike and Greer, she introduces them to her ______ son.
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Foxcorp contrary to the Underdog Club?
2. What's the purpose of Chapter 2?
3. What is the overall theme of Chapter 2?
4. In Shoola and the Sea Lion, how are appearances not as they seem?
5. Who is Reverend Greener?
6. What was so exciting about Ike's life before Kuinak?
7. How does Chapter 5 tie back to Chapter 3?
8. What does "Bakatcha Bandit" imply about Ike?
9. Why is Shoola and the Sea Lion an appropriate or inappropriate children's book?
10. How do you know Ike is being honest about his life? Is he being honest?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)