|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what does the cat get his head stuck?
(a) A fence.
(b) The cat door.
(c) A jar of mayonnaise.
(d) A mouse trap.
2. The Underdog Club was created after town residents attended a _____ game.
3. Why do Ike and Greer go to Skagway?
(a) Try the new boat.
(b) Pick up a friend.
(c) Kill time.
(d) Go shopping.
4. What does Ike have planned to do with Alice the morning after the scene at the dump?
(b) Watch the Northern Lights.
(d) Watch TV.
5. What is the purpose of the first half of Chapter 2?
(a) To scare the reader.
(b) To create sympathy for Paul.
(c) To hint at what's to come.
(d) To give some background on the Loops.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Steubins want with Ike?
2. What is Nick's wife's name?
3. As Ike, Billy, Greer, Archie, and Mike head back to Alaska, they crash a _______ party.
4. In what religion was Alice raised?
5. In Chapter 3, where does Alice meet Greer and Ike when they return from their excursion?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Reverend Greener?
2. How has Kuinak changed since the beginning of the book?
3. Does Ike try to isolate himself?
4. How has Foxcorp changed Kuinak?
5. How is Eemook an unlikely hero?
6. Why is Alice back in Kuinak?
7. What is the overall theme of Chapter 2?
8. Does Ike live a charmed life?
9. How do you know Ike is being honest about his life? Is he being honest?
10. How does Chapter 5 tie back to Chapter 3?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)