|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the effect of Alice's marriage to Mike?
(a) Alice stopped drinking.
(b) The town was angry.
(c) Mike's mother died.
(d) Alice had a baby.
2. In California, Ike worked as a ________.
(c) Crop duster.
3. In the time Sailor Song is set, the population of the town is primarily made up of _______.
4. Ike knew ___________ in prison.
(a) An albino.
(b) An idiot.
(c) An old friend.
(d) A criminal.
5. Who first explored the town?
(d) The British.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to the docks in Chapter 7?
2. Why does Ike spray sewage?
3. The stranger is really a ______.
4. The town was briefly thought to be an outlet from _______.
5. Why does Alice clear out hotel rooms?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do we better understand Ike by the end of Chapter 8?
2. Is Ike a hero? Why or why not?
3. Does Ike live a charmed life?
4. Why is Steubins' advice appealing to the town leaders?
5. What is the Underdog Club, and how is it formed?
6. Does Ike try to isolate himself?
7. What's the purpose of Chapter 2?
8. How does Chapter 4 present Kuinak as a character?
9. How has Foxcorp changed Kuinak?
10. What is the overall theme of Chapter 2?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)