|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who took care of Alice's son?
(a) A nanny.
(b) Alice's parents.
(c) Foster parents.
2. Who first explored the town?
(c) The British.
3. What's Alice's job for the film?
(a) Art director.
(d) Leading lady.
4. The purpose of Chapter 4 is to show the _______ of the town.
5. Why is Rev. Greener looking for Archie, Greer, Ike, and Billy?
(a) All of these.
(b) Ike knocked him out.
(c) They took Billy.
(d) They escaped.
Short Answer Questions
1. In California, Ike worked as a ________.
2. When the town was discovered, it was generally _________.
3. What does Steubins want with Ike?
4. What did Alice become famous around town for?
5. What does Ike have planned to do with Alice the morning after the scene at the dump?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Shoola and the Sea Lion, how are appearances not as they seem?
2. What's the relevance of albinism in Chapter 3?
3. What is the Underdog Club, and how is it formed?
4. Who is Reverend Greener?
5. What does Kuinak offer to the tone of the book?
6. In Chapter 3, why is this small town about to change?
7. Is Ike a hero? Why or why not?
8. Why is Shoola and the Sea Lion an appropriate or inappropriate children's book?
9. How has Kuinak changed since the beginning of the book?
10. Why is Alice drinking again?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)