|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of tea is scoot?
2. Who took Billy?
(d) Reverend Greener.
3. What was the effect of Alice's marriage to Mike?
(a) Alice stopped drinking.
(b) The town was angry.
(c) Mike's mother died.
(d) Alice had a baby.
4. Who is Alice?
(a) Ike's girlfriend.
(b) Ike's mother.
(c) Ike's imaginary friend.
(d) Ike's boss.
5. The stranger is really a ______.
(d) Sea monster.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the benefit of Steubins' advice he gives at the party, if followed?
2. Ike's friend in prison was named ______.
3. What surrounds the town?
4. What is the first unfortunate thing that happens to Paul's icehouse?
5. What about the stranger fascinates the women in the clan?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do we better understand Ike by the end of Chapter 8?
2. What is the purpose of Chapter 5?
3. How has Ike let the people of Kuinak down?
4. Why does Shoola want to go home?
5. What is Alice's opinion of her husband's fidelity?
6. In Chapter 3, why is this small town about to change?
7. Why is <i>Shoola and the Sea Lion</i> an appropriate or inappropriate children's book?
8. Does Alice's character make more sense after Chapter 19?
9. How is Foxcorp contrary to the Underdog Club?
10. Why does Alice feel she shouldn't have reacted as she did to Mike's infidelity?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)