Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Chapter 1 Abstract
* Ike dreams about his ex-wife.
* Ike hears a noise: it's a cat with his head stuck in a mayonnaise jar.
* Ike rescues the cat and it scratches him.
Chapter 2 Abstract
* Ike hears a woman screaming from the dump and goes to rescue her.
* A man is strangling Louise Loop and Ike helps her.
This section contains 1,248 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)