|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not an adjective used by Slocum to describe his people?
2. What was the name of the man who led the pirates?
(b) Black Pedro.
(d) Captain Bligh.
3. What was the name of the captain who went on the trip with Slocum?
4. What color are the hills of the next island approached by the Spray?
5. Slocum referred to which famous Pilgrim?
Short Answer Questions
1. What group of Indians chased the Spray in the Bay?
2. What caused Slocum to vary his course?
3. Which is not listed as being one of the authors read by Slocum?
4. Slocum says his father could make anything as long as he had which of the following:
5. Slocum recalls receiving a warm welcome when he arrived at which location?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain at least one meeting with members of the British Navy.
2. Loneliness and boredom became issues for Slocum. Detail at least one or two things Slocum did in order to relieve these things.
3. After leaving Port Tamar, Slocum encountered more issues with the weather. Explain the issues and Slocum's decision on how to move forward.
4. How did Slocum's fortune change as the Spray approached Cape Horn?
5. What is Joshua Slocum's relationship with his father? How is John Slocum described?
6. Name at least one of the options being considered by Slocum while he was in Boston.
7. Discuss the events encountered by Slocum immediately after departing from Brazil.
8. Examine Slocum's next encounter with savages.
9. Discuss Slocum's trip to Juan Fernandez.
10. Describe Slocum's meeting with Capt. Howard and the subsequent trip to Buenos Aires.
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)