|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of tree was prevalent around the Slocum house?
2. Slocum had always longed to be a:
(a) Master shipbuilder.
3. Where is Slocum at the beginning of chapter 6?
4. In what city did the captain live?
5. What was the name of the first boat co-owned by Slocum?
(c) Northern Light.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Slocum buy the boat from the captain?
2. Where did Slocum's grandfather work?
3. What group of islands did Slocum reach in July?
4. After leaving the Channel, Slocum was on course as he traveled through which Strait?
5. What previous trick had Slocum used to confuse Black Pedro?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe some of Slocum's earlier voyages. Which boat was used for this new pastime?
2. Discuss the events encountered by Slocum immediately after departing from Brazil.
3. Name at least one of the options being considered by Slocum while he was in Boston.
4. Examine Slocum's next encounter with savages.
5. Discuss Slocum's interaction with the crew of the Colombia.
6. Many people were concerned about Slocum's inexperience on the open sea. Explain the point of view of the people and Slocum's attitude.
7. After leaving Port Tamar, Slocum encountered more issues with the weather. Explain the issues and Slocum's decision on how to move forward.
8. Slocum talks about an omen that confirmed his ambitions for the Spray. What was the omen?
9. Who greeted Slocum at Snug Bay? What happened?
10. Explain at least one meeting with members of the British Navy.
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)