|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Slocum leave for his trip around the world?
2. What word does Slocum use to describe the boat's pace at this point?
3. What was the name of the man who led the pirates?
(a) Black Pedro.
(b) Captain Bligh.
4. On what date did Slocum leave Port Tamar?
(a) July 4.
(b) March 3.
(c) April 16.
(d) February 23.
5. What was the name of the capital?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following began to become an issue for Slocum?
2. After the encounter, Slocum docks at which location?
3. What gift did the captain present to Slocum?
4. Where did Slocum's grandfather work?
5. Which was not one of Slocum's boats?
Short Essay Questions
1. Name at least one of the options being considered by Slocum while he was in Boston.
2. Slocum talks about an omen that confirmed his ambitions for the Spray. What was the omen?
3. Discuss Slocum's trip to Juan Fernandez.
4. Examine Slocum's next encounter with savages.
5. How did Slocum's fortune change as the Spray approached Cape Horn?
6. Discuss the events encountered by Slocum immediately after departing from Brazil.
7. Discuss the Slocum's ongoing relationship with the British.
8. What is Joshua Slocum's relationship with his father? How is John Slocum described?
9. Describe some of Slocum's earlier voyages. Which boat was used for this new pastime?
10. Discuss some of the issues encountered by Slocum after leaving Buenos Aires.
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)