|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which legendary captain is the topic of a lecture delivered by Slocum?
2. What gift did the islanders give to Slocum?
(a) Antique coins.
(b) Potbellied pig.
(d) Rain coat.
3. Which ocean was Slocum prepared to traverse at this point?
4. Many times visitors were required to be ______ for a time.
(b) Slave labor.
5. How long did Slocum stay in that particular port?
(a) 8 days.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 3 days.
6. The man routinely preached about ______.
(c) The Antichrist.
7. While on Keeling Cocos, Slocum took the time to do what to the Spray?
8. Which of the following is not one of the islands described by Slocum at this part in the journey?
9. Slocum was surprised to receive a ____ pound note from a woman who felt sympathy for the sailor.
10. The author states that the Pacific is more ______ than any other ocean.
11. The people of the island were pleased to see the Spray and in her honor built a ____.
12. Slocum talks about the unusual "rain of ____."
13. After leaving the island, Slocum directed the Spray to which area?
(a) East Asia.
(b) Northern Star.
(c) Southern Cross.
(d) West Indies.
14. What type of crew member did Slocum get just before sailing onward?
(b) First Mate.
15. What type of boats were mentioned by Slocum at this point?
(a) Aircraft carriers.
(c) Cruise ships.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the "Pilot of Keeling Cocos?"
2. What type of bird greeted Slocum as he approached Keeling Cocos?
3. At first the children thought the treat was:
4. The celebration was planned in whose honor?
5. Who interviewed Slocum when he reached South Africa?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)