|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of boats were mentioned by Slocum at this point?
(a) Cruise ships.
(c) Aircraft carriers.
2. Who was the man who waxed poetic about Slocum's journey?
3. Who attempted to calm the people about Slocum's presence?
(b) Harbor Master.
4. What was the first name of the late princess?
5. While Slocum was in the port, he had the opportunity to meet Mr. A. _____, father of the late princess of Manua.
6. At which port did Slocum receive a warm welcome and special visit?
7. Slocum docked in which port?
8. The author states that the Pacific is more ______ than any other ocean.
9. Which legendary captain is the topic of a lecture delivered by Slocum?
10. The town would eventually become known as the site of a ______.
(a) Health resort.
(b) Mining town.
(d) Tourist trap.
11. What item was named after Slocum?
12. What was the name of the college the teachers represented?
(c) New Guinea.
13. What group of islands was next on Slocum's route?
14. How many female students accompanied the teachers?
15. Slocum says that he had _____ to keep him company.
(c) Coral reefs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the nearby town?
2. The king was often referred to as the King of ______.
3. Which of the following occupations does not apply to Slocum's new admirer?
4. What is the name of the king's daughter?
5. Slocum came across a shipwreck which he believed to be caused by which of the following:
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)