|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Slocum was happy to meet another American who worked as a ______.
(a) Pearl diver.
(b) Salvage wrecker.
(c) Harbor master.
(d) Fishing boat guide.
2. Who interviewed Slocum when he reached South Africa?
3. What is the name of the king's daughter?
4. How long did Slocum stay in that particular port?
(a) 8 days.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 2 weeks.
5. At which port did Slocum receive a warm welcome and special visit?
6. What type of boats were mentioned by Slocum at this point?
(a) Aircraft carriers.
(c) Cruise ships.
7. What type of bird greeted Slocum as he approached Keeling Cocos?
8. Slocum also taught the islanders about which of the following:
9. Slocum docked in which port?
10. Which legendary captain is the topic of a lecture delivered by Slocum?
11. What common item was the real cause of the rain?
(a) Coral reefs.
12. Slocum came across a shipwreck which he believed to be caused by which of the following:
(a) Torn hull.
(c) Changing currents.
13. How long did it take to reach the next port?
(a) 5 weeks.
(b) 36 hours.
(c) 43 days.
(d) 21 days.
14. Which of the following occupations does not apply to Slocum's new admirer?
(b) Harbor master.
15. What group of islands was next on Slocum's route?
Short Answer Questions
1. Slocum left the island and prepared to sail to which country?
2. Slocum was bound to stay on the island as the only _____ representative.
3. After leaving the island, Slocum directed the Spray to which area?
4. What was the first name of the late princess?
5. Who was the man who waxed poetic about Slocum's journey?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)