|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Slocum was pleased to introduce the islanders to which of the following:
2. Many times visitors were required to be ______ for a time.
(d) Slave labor.
3. Which ocean was Slocum prepared to traverse at this point?
4. What group of islands was next on Slocum's route?
5. Slocum was bound to stay on the island as the only _____ representative.
6. On what date did the Spray reach Port Denison?
(a) March 16.
(b) July 27.
(c) October 3.
(d) May 26.
7. At first the children thought the treat was:
(a) Building material.
(b) A strange rock.
(c) Coal tar.
(d) Whale blubber.
8. What was the fattest animal on the island?
9. How many head teachers were greeted by Slocum?
10. While Slocum was in the port, he had the opportunity to meet Mr. A. _____, father of the late princess of Manua.
11. What was the name of the king Slocum met while in Apia?
(d) Hoa Lu.
12. Slocum had a difficult time adapting to the customs of which island?
13. How did Slocum feel when he was introduced by the admirer?
14. Which legendary captain is the topic of a lecture delivered by Slocum?
15. The celebration was planned in whose honor?
Short Answer Questions
1. Slocum talks about the unusual "rain of ____."
2. Slocum was happy to meet another American who worked as a ______.
3. What was the first name of the late princess?
4. Who attempted to calm the people about Slocum's presence?
5. After leaving the island, Slocum directed the Spray to which area?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)