|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The celebration was planned in whose honor?
2. Which of the following occupations does not apply to Slocum's new admirer?
(a) Harbor master.
3. The man routinely preached about ______.
(a) The Antichrist.
4. Slocum was thrilled to know that he was in the same area that had been inhabited by which of the following?
(a) Robinson Crusoe.
(b) Dr. Livingston.
(c) The Howells.
(d) Swiss Family Robinson.
5. Which of the following is not one of the islands described by Slocum at this part in the journey?
6. While on Keeling Cocos, Slocum took the time to do what to the Spray?
7. While Slocum was in the port, he had the opportunity to meet Mr. A. _____, father of the late princess of Manua.
8. What type of crew member did Slocum get just before sailing onward?
(a) First Mate.
9. What was the name of the residence of that particular guest?
10. The people of the island were pleased to see the Spray and in her honor built a ____.
11. How did Slocum feel when he was introduced by the admirer?
12. What word did Slocum use to describe Keeling Cocos?
13. Slocum was happy to meet another American who worked as a ______.
(a) Pearl diver.
(b) Fishing boat guide.
(c) Salvage wrecker.
(d) Harbor master.
14. Slocum also taught the islanders about which of the following:
15. The item built by the islanders was placed in which location?
(a) Main cove.
(b) Snug Bay.
(c) Opera House.
(d) Governor's mansion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Slocum docked in which port?
2. The king was often referred to as the King of ______.
3. What treat did Slocum share with the island children?
4. How long did Slocum stay at St. Kilda?
5. What was the first name of the late princess?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)