|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At which port did Slocum receive a warm welcome and special visit?
2. What word did Slocum use to describe Keeling Cocos?
3. Which of the following occupations does not apply to Slocum's new admirer?
(b) Harbor master.
4. What item was named after Slocum?
5. Which of the following is not one of the islands described by Slocum at this part in the journey?
6. Slocum managed to make money off of which sea creature?
7. The Queen on Thursday Island was celebrating her 22nd ____ Jubilee.
8. The man routinely preached about ______.
(a) The Antichrist.
9. Slocum was thrilled to know that he was in the same area that had been inhabited by which of the following?
(a) Swiss Family Robinson.
(b) Robinson Crusoe.
(c) The Howells.
(d) Dr. Livingston.
10. Who accompanied Slocum on this part of the voyage?
11. Who interviewed Slocum when he reached South Africa?
12. How many wise men approached Slocum hoping to learn that the world was really flat?
13. On what date did the Spray reach Port Denison?
(a) October 3.
(b) May 26.
(c) July 27.
(d) March 16.
14. Slocum docked in which port?
15. How long had it been since the king had lived up to his title?
(a) 25 years.
(b) 100 years.
(c) 50 years.
(d) 75 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Slocum was surprised to receive a ____ pound note from a woman who felt sympathy for the sailor.
2. The celebration was planned in whose honor?
3. How many head teachers were greeted by Slocum?
4. What was the name of the king Slocum met while in Apia?
5. Which ocean was Slocum prepared to traverse at this point?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)