|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to a quote on page 221, Slocum refers to the islanders as being as _______ as possible.
2. Slocum also taught the islanders about which of the following:
3. Who attempted to calm the people about Slocum's presence?
(b) Harbor Master.
4. The author states that the Pacific is more ______ than any other ocean.
5. What is the name of the king's daughter?
6. Which legendary captain is the topic of a lecture delivered by Slocum?
7. What treat did Slocum share with the island children?
(a) Blackberry jam.
8. What was the name of the king Slocum met while in Apia?
(b) Hoa Lu.
9. How many head teachers were greeted by Slocum?
10. What type of bird greeted Slocum as he approached Keeling Cocos?
11. How long did it take to reach the next port?
(a) 36 hours.
(b) 43 days.
(c) 21 days.
(d) 5 weeks.
12. What type of crew member did Slocum get just before sailing onward?
(a) First Mate.
13. How many wise men approached Slocum hoping to learn that the world was really flat?
14. What item was named after Slocum?
15. The man routinely preached about ______.
(d) The Antichrist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of boats were mentioned by Slocum at this point?
2. The trip would take Slocum to which famous island?
3. What common item was the real cause of the rain?
4. At which port did Slocum receive a warm welcome and special visit?
5. How many female students accompanied the teachers?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)