|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Slocum says that he had _____ to keep him company.
(a) Coral reefs.
2. What was the name of the nearby town?
3. What type of bird greeted Slocum as he approached Keeling Cocos?
4. The celebration was planned in whose honor?
5. Slocum was surprised to receive a ____ pound note from a woman who felt sympathy for the sailor.
6. The king was often referred to as the King of ______.
(d) The Great Spirit.
7. Slocum was bound to stay on the island as the only _____ representative.
8. Which of the following is the religious figure mentioned in the text?
9. Who interviewed Slocum when he reached South Africa?
10. How many head teachers were greeted by Slocum?
11. What is the name of the king's daughter?
12. Slocum managed to make money off of which sea creature?
13. What type of crew member did Slocum get just before sailing onward?
(d) First Mate.
14. Slocum had a difficult time adapting to the customs of which island?
15. Slocum was thrilled to know that he was in the same area that had been inhabited by which of the following?
(a) Dr. Livingston.
(b) The Howells.
(c) Swiss Family Robinson.
(d) Robinson Crusoe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the college the teachers represented?
2. While on Keeling Cocos, Slocum took the time to do what to the Spray?
3. What is the "Pilot of Keeling Cocos?"
4. Slocum talks about the unusual "rain of ____."
5. All visitors to _____ are required to be examined by a doctor.
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)