|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to a quote on page 221, Slocum refers to the islanders as being as _______ as possible.
2. What treat did Slocum share with the island children?
(b) Blackberry jam.
3. Slocum came across a shipwreck which he believed to be caused by which of the following:
(a) Torn hull.
(d) Changing currents.
4. While Slocum was in the port, he had the opportunity to meet Mr. A. _____, father of the late princess of Manua.
5. Who was Slocum's special guest?
(a) Mrs. Stevenson.
(b) Captain Howard.
(c) John Slocum.
(d) King of the islands.
6. What was the first name of the late princess?
7. What group of islands was next on Slocum's route?
8. The king was often referred to as the King of ______.
(c) The Great Spirit.
9. What was the name of the king Slocum met while in Apia?
(a) Hoa Lu.
10. Slocum had a difficult time adapting to the customs of which island?
11. Which of the following is the religious figure mentioned in the text?
12. Slocum managed to make money off of which sea creature?
13. Slocum discusses his trip to which island named after a day of the week?
14. What was the fattest animal on the island?
15. What was the name of the nearby town?
Short Answer Questions
1. While on Keeling Cocos, Slocum took the time to do what to the Spray?
2. Which ocean was Slocum prepared to traverse at this point?
3. Which of the following occupations does not apply to Slocum's new admirer?
4. What item was named after Slocum?
5. What common item was the real cause of the rain?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)