|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift did the islanders give to Slocum?
(a) Rain coat.
(b) Potbellied pig.
(c) Antique coins.
2. What treat did Slocum share with the island children?
(a) Blackberry jam.
3. Which of the following is the religious figure mentioned in the text?
4. The celebration was planned in whose honor?
5. How did Slocum feel when he was introduced by the admirer?
6. Slocum had a difficult time adapting to the customs of which island?
7. The trip would take Slocum to which famous island?
8. Who interviewed Slocum when he reached South Africa?
9. Slocum talks about the unusual "rain of ____."
10. What was the name of the nearby town?
11. What type of celebration did Slocum attend?
(a) Christmas party.
12. According to a quote on page 221, Slocum refers to the islanders as being as _______ as possible.
13. Slocum was pleased to introduce the islanders to which of the following:
14. The item built by the islanders was placed in which location?
(a) Opera House.
(b) Governor's mansion.
(c) Snug Bay.
(d) Main cove.
15. Who attempted to calm the people about Slocum's presence?
(c) Harbor Master.
Short Answer Questions
1. Many times visitors were required to be ______ for a time.
2. How many head teachers were greeted by Slocum?
3. What item was named after Slocum?
4. On what date did the Spray reach Port Denison?
5. The king was often referred to as the King of ______.
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)