|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Slocum had a difficult time adapting to the customs of which island?
2. What common item was the real cause of the rain?
(c) Coral reefs.
3. How many wise men approached Slocum hoping to learn that the world was really flat?
4. What type of crew member did Slocum get just before sailing onward?
(c) First Mate.
5. On what date did the Spray reach Port Denison?
(a) May 26.
(b) March 16.
(c) July 27.
(d) October 3.
6. Slocum was bound to stay on the island as the only _____ representative.
7. What gift did Slocum receive from Foy?
(d) Food supplies.
8. Who accompanied Slocum on this part of the voyage?
9. Slocum was thrilled to know that he was in the same area that had been inhabited by which of the following?
(a) Robinson Crusoe.
(b) Swiss Family Robinson.
(c) The Howells.
(d) Dr. Livingston.
10. Slocum managed to make money off of which sea creature?
11. At which port did Slocum receive a warm welcome and special visit?
12. Which ocean was Slocum prepared to traverse at this point?
13. What item was named after Slocum?
14. What was the name of the college the teachers represented?
(d) New Guinea.
15. All visitors to _____ are required to be examined by a doctor.
(c) St. Thomas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the "Pilot of Keeling Cocos?"
2. What is the name of the king's daughter?
3. Which legendary captain is the topic of a lecture delivered by Slocum?
4. Slocum discusses his trip to which island named after a day of the week?
5. What was the first name of the late princess?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)