|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which ocean was Slocum prepared to traverse at this point?
2. What was the fattest animal on the island?
3. Slocum was bound to stay on the island as the only _____ representative.
4. What is the "Pilot of Keeling Cocos?"
5. The author states that the Pacific is more ______ than any other ocean.
6. What gift did Slocum receive from Foy?
(b) Food supplies.
7. At first the children thought the treat was:
(a) Whale blubber.
(b) Building material.
(c) Coal tar.
(d) A strange rock.
8. What was the first name of the late princess?
9. Slocum was surprised to receive a ____ pound note from a woman who felt sympathy for the sailor.
10. Slocum was asked to pay respects from the king to which publication?
(a) Island Traveler.
(b) Atlantic Monthly.
(d) Missionary Review.
11. Slocum had a difficult time adapting to the customs of which island?
12. Slocum managed to make money off of which sea creature?
13. In which part of Australia is Port Denison located?
14. What common item was the real cause of the rain?
(c) Coral reefs.
15. Who was Slocum's special guest?
(a) Mrs. Stevenson.
(b) Captain Howard.
(c) King of the islands.
(d) John Slocum.
Short Answer Questions
1. Slocum docked in which port?
2. Slocum left the island and prepared to sail to which country?
3. How long did it take to reach the next port?
4. Who accompanied Slocum on this part of the voyage?
5. What is the name of the king's daughter?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)