|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The item built by the islanders was placed in which location?
(a) Snug Bay.
(b) Governor's mansion.
(c) Main cove.
(d) Opera House.
2. What common item was the real cause of the rain?
(c) Coral reefs.
3. What is the "Pilot of Keeling Cocos?"
4. Many times visitors were required to be ______ for a time.
(a) Slave labor.
5. What type of crew member did Slocum get just before sailing onward?
(c) First Mate.
6. What was the title of Foy?
7. What was the name of the residence of that particular guest?
8. Slocum was bound to stay on the island as the only _____ representative.
9. The celebration was planned in whose honor?
10. How did Slocum feel when he was introduced by the admirer?
11. At which port did Slocum receive a warm welcome and special visit?
12. How many wise men approached Slocum hoping to learn that the world was really flat?
13. What was the name of the king Slocum met while in Apia?
(d) Hoa Lu.
14. While Slocum was in the port, he had the opportunity to meet Mr. A. _____, father of the late princess of Manua.
15. What item was named after Slocum?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accompanied Slocum on this part of the voyage?
2. How many head teachers were greeted by Slocum?
3. Who was Slocum's special guest?
4. What was the first name of the late princess?
5. Which of the following is the religious figure mentioned in the text?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)