|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Slocum had a difficult time adapting to the customs of which island?
2. What item was named after Slocum?
3. Who was the man who waxed poetic about Slocum's journey?
4. At first the children thought the treat was:
(a) Building material.
(b) A strange rock.
(c) Coal tar.
(d) Whale blubber.
5. The celebration was planned in whose honor?
6. Which of the following is the religious figure mentioned in the text?
7. On what date did the Spray reach Port Denison?
(a) May 26.
(b) October 3.
(c) July 27.
(d) March 16.
8. What gift did Slocum receive from Foy?
(c) Food supplies.
9. Slocum was pleased to introduce the islanders to which of the following:
10. What was the title of Foy?
11. The item built by the islanders was placed in which location?
(a) Snug Bay.
(b) Governor's mansion.
(c) Main cove.
(d) Opera House.
12. What group of islands was next on Slocum's route?
13. While on Keeling Cocos, Slocum took the time to do what to the Spray?
14. What common item was the real cause of the rain?
(a) Coral reefs.
15. In which part of Australia is Port Denison located?
Short Answer Questions
1. Slocum left the island and prepared to sail to which country?
2. Slocum was bound to stay on the island as the only _____ representative.
3. What was the name of the king Slocum met while in Apia?
4. What was the name of the residence of that particular guest?
5. How many wise men approached Slocum hoping to learn that the world was really flat?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)