|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After leaving the island, Slocum directed the Spray to which area?
(a) East Asia.
(b) Northern Star.
(c) Southern Cross.
(d) West Indies.
2. Slocum was thrilled to know that he was in the same area that had been inhabited by which of the following?
(a) The Howells.
(b) Robinson Crusoe.
(c) Swiss Family Robinson.
(d) Dr. Livingston.
3. Slocum managed to make money off of which sea creature?
4. How many wise men approached Slocum hoping to learn that the world was really flat?
5. Which of the following occupations does not apply to Slocum's new admirer?
(a) Harbor master.
6. What was the name of the residence of that particular guest?
7. The item built by the islanders was placed in which location?
(a) Snug Bay.
(b) Governor's mansion.
(c) Main cove.
(d) Opera House.
8. The celebration was planned in whose honor?
9. On what date did the Spray reach Port Denison?
(a) July 27.
(b) May 26.
(c) March 16.
(d) October 3.
10. Slocum left the island and prepared to sail to which country?
(a) New Zealand.
(d) South Africa.
11. Slocum was bound to stay on the island as the only _____ representative.
12. What was the title of Foy?
13. Slocum was pleased to introduce the islanders to which of the following:
14. Slocum had a difficult time adapting to the customs of which island?
15. How long had it been since the king had lived up to his title?
(a) 25 years.
(b) 100 years.
(c) 50 years.
(d) 75 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. The man routinely preached about ______.
2. At which port did Slocum receive a warm welcome and special visit?
3. What is the "Pilot of Keeling Cocos?"
4. Who interviewed Slocum when he reached South Africa?
5. The Queen on Thursday Island was celebrating her 22nd ____ Jubilee.
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)