|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Slocum was thrilled to know that he was in the same area that had been inhabited by which of the following?
(a) Swiss Family Robinson.
(b) Dr. Livingston.
(c) The Howells.
(d) Robinson Crusoe.
2. Which ocean was Slocum prepared to traverse at this point?
3. The author states that the Pacific is more ______ than any other ocean.
4. What type of crew member did Slocum get just before sailing onward?
(c) First Mate.
5. Who attempted to calm the people about Slocum's presence?
(b) Harbor Master.
6. Which of the following is the religious figure mentioned in the text?
7. The town would eventually become known as the site of a ______.
(a) Health resort.
(c) Tourist trap.
(d) Mining town.
8. Slocum managed to make money off of which sea creature?
9. Slocum also taught the islanders about which of the following:
10. Who interviewed Slocum when he reached South Africa?
11. What is the name of the king's daughter?
12. Slocum had a difficult time adapting to the customs of which island?
13. Slocum came across a shipwreck which he believed to be caused by which of the following:
(b) Torn hull.
(d) Changing currents.
14. The man routinely preached about ______.
(a) The Antichrist.
15. How many wise men approached Slocum hoping to learn that the world was really flat?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many female students accompanied the teachers?
2. The celebration was planned in whose honor?
3. What type of bird greeted Slocum as he approached Keeling Cocos?
4. How did Slocum feel when he was introduced by the admirer?
5. What type of boats were mentioned by Slocum at this point?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)