|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The item built by the islanders was placed in which location?
(a) Opera House.
(b) Governor's mansion.
(c) Snug Bay.
(d) Main cove.
2. According to a quote on page 221, Slocum refers to the islanders as being as _______ as possible.
3. Slocum was surprised to receive a ____ pound note from a woman who felt sympathy for the sailor.
4. How long did it take to reach the next port?
(a) 43 days.
(b) 21 days.
(c) 36 hours.
(d) 5 weeks.
5. How long did Slocum stay in that particular port?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 8 days.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 2 weeks.
6. At first the children thought the treat was:
(a) Coal tar.
(b) A strange rock.
(c) Whale blubber.
(d) Building material.
7. How many female students accompanied the teachers?
8. At which port did Slocum receive a warm welcome and special visit?
9. Slocum managed to make money off of which sea creature?
10. What treat did Slocum share with the island children?
(c) Blackberry jam.
11. Slocum was pleased to introduce the islanders to which of the following:
12. Which of the following is not one of the islands described by Slocum at this part in the journey?
13. In which part of Australia is Port Denison located?
14. What common item was the real cause of the rain?
(c) Coral reefs.
15. What is the name of the king's daughter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of boats were mentioned by Slocum at this point?
2. Which ocean was Slocum prepared to traverse at this point?
3. Slocum discusses his trip to which island named after a day of the week?
4. Many times visitors were required to be ______ for a time.
5. What type of crew member did Slocum get just before sailing onward?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)