|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What common item was the real cause of the rain?
(c) Coral reefs.
2. How did Slocum feel when he was introduced by the admirer?
3. At which port did Slocum receive a warm welcome and special visit?
4. How many wise men approached Slocum hoping to learn that the world was really flat?
5. What gift did Slocum receive from Foy?
(d) Food supplies.
6. What is the "Pilot of Keeling Cocos?"
7. The celebration was planned in whose honor?
8. What was the name of the college the teachers represented?
(b) New Guinea.
9. At first the children thought the treat was:
(a) Whale blubber.
(b) Building material.
(c) Coal tar.
(d) A strange rock.
10. How many head teachers were greeted by Slocum?
11. The town would eventually become known as the site of a ______.
(a) Tourist trap.
(b) Mining town.
(c) Health resort.
12. What item was named after Slocum?
13. Which ocean was Slocum prepared to traverse at this point?
14. Many times visitors were required to be ______ for a time.
(d) Slave labor.
15. Which legendary captain is the topic of a lecture delivered by Slocum?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Slocum stay at St. Kilda?
2. Slocum left the island and prepared to sail to which country?
3. Slocum talks about the unusual "rain of ____."
4. Slocum also taught the islanders about which of the following:
5. What type of celebration did Slocum attend?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)