|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the residence of that particular guest?
2. What type of bird greeted Slocum as he approached Keeling Cocos?
3. Slocum came across a shipwreck which he believed to be caused by which of the following:
(b) Changing currents.
(d) Torn hull.
4. Who was the man who waxed poetic about Slocum's journey?
5. What was the fattest animal on the island?
6. In which part of Australia is Port Denison located?
7. Which of the following is the religious figure mentioned in the text?
8. How long did Slocum stay at St. Kilda?
(a) 5 weeks.
(b) 1 month.
(c) 2 months.
(d) 3 weeks.
9. What group of islands was next on Slocum's route?
10. The trip would take Slocum to which famous island?
11. Slocum says that he had _____ to keep him company.
(d) Coral reefs.
12. Slocum discusses his trip to which island named after a day of the week?
13. The town would eventually become known as the site of a ______.
(b) Mining town.
(c) Tourist trap.
(d) Health resort.
14. How many wise men approached Slocum hoping to learn that the world was really flat?
15. Which legendary captain is the topic of a lecture delivered by Slocum?
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift did Slocum receive from Foy?
2. Who was Slocum's special guest?
3. Who interviewed Slocum when he reached South Africa?
4. The man routinely preached about ______.
5. Which of the following is not one of the islands described by Slocum at this part in the journey?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)