|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift did Slocum receive from Foy?
(c) Food supplies.
2. The people of the island were pleased to see the Spray and in her honor built a ____.
3. Slocum managed to make money off of which sea creature?
4. What common item was the real cause of the rain?
(b) Coral reefs.
5. After leaving the island, Slocum directed the Spray to which area?
(a) Southern Cross.
(b) Northern Star.
(c) East Asia.
(d) West Indies.
6. Who attempted to calm the people about Slocum's presence?
(a) Harbor Master.
7. What type of bird greeted Slocum as he approached Keeling Cocos?
8. Which legendary captain is the topic of a lecture delivered by Slocum?
9. The trip would take Slocum to which famous island?
10. What type of crew member did Slocum get just before sailing onward?
(c) First Mate.
11. The Queen on Thursday Island was celebrating her 22nd ____ Jubilee.
12. Slocum was asked to pay respects from the king to which publication?
(a) Atlantic Monthly.
(c) Missionary Review.
(d) Island Traveler.
13. The man routinely preached about ______.
(c) The Antichrist.
14. While on Keeling Cocos, Slocum took the time to do what to the Spray?
15. While Slocum was in the port, he had the opportunity to meet Mr. A. _____, father of the late princess of Manua.
Short Answer Questions
1. The king was often referred to as the King of ______.
2. What was the title of Foy?
3. How many wise men approached Slocum hoping to learn that the world was really flat?
4. Which of the following is not one of the islands described by Slocum at this part in the journey?
5. How long did Slocum stay in that particular port?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)