|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Slocum docked in which port?
2. Slocum also taught the islanders about which of the following:
3. What is the "Pilot of Keeling Cocos?"
4. How long had it been since the king had lived up to his title?
(a) 75 years.
(b) 100 years.
(c) 25 years.
(d) 50 years.
5. How many head teachers were greeted by Slocum?
6. The author states that the Pacific is more ______ than any other ocean.
7. The celebration was planned in whose honor?
8. In which part of Australia is Port Denison located?
9. Slocum left the island and prepared to sail to which country?
(c) New Zealand.
(d) South Africa.
10. What type of celebration did Slocum attend?
(c) Christmas party.
11. The Queen on Thursday Island was celebrating her 22nd ____ Jubilee.
12. Slocum discusses his trip to which island named after a day of the week?
13. What type of bird greeted Slocum as he approached Keeling Cocos?
14. Slocum came across a shipwreck which he believed to be caused by which of the following:
(a) Torn hull.
(b) Changing currents.
15. How many female students accompanied the teachers?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did it take to reach the next port?
2. Which of the following occupations does not apply to Slocum's new admirer?
3. Who was the man who waxed poetic about Slocum's journey?
4. Which ocean was Slocum prepared to traverse at this point?
5. Slocum was asked to pay respects from the king to which publication?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)