Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After leaving the island, Slocum directed the Spray to which area?
(a) Northern Star.
(b) East Asia.
(c) West Indies.
(d) Southern Cross.
2. How many wise men approached Slocum hoping to learn that the world was really flat?
3. How many head teachers were greeted by Slocum?
4. While on Keeling Cocos, Slocum took the time to do what to the Spray?
5. How long had it been since the king had lived up to his title?
(a) 50 years.
(b) 100 years.
(c) 75 years.
(d) 25 years.
6. Slocum had a difficult time adapting to the customs of which island?
7. Which of the following occupations does not apply to Slocum's new admirer?
(c) Harbor master.
8. Many times visitors were required to be ______ for a time.
(b) Slave labor.
9. Who was Slocum's special guest?
(a) Mrs. Stevenson.
(b) John Slocum.
(c) Captain Howard.
(d) King of the islands.
10. What group of islands was next on Slocum's route?
11. All visitors to _____ are required to be examined by a doctor.
(d) St. Thomas.
12. What common item was the real cause of the rain?
(a) Coral reefs.
13. The trip would take Slocum to which famous island?
14. The author states that the Pacific is more ______ than any other ocean.
15. How long did Slocum stay at St. Kilda?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 1 month.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) 5 weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did it take to reach the next port?
2. The item built by the islanders was placed in which location?
3. In which part of Australia is Port Denison located?
4. Who accompanied Slocum on this part of the voyage?
5. The Queen on Thursday Island was celebrating her 22nd ____ Jubilee.
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)