|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of bird greeted Slocum as he approached Keeling Cocos?
2. How long did Slocum stay at St. Kilda?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 5 weeks.
(c) 1 month.
(d) 2 months.
3. The author states that the Pacific is more ______ than any other ocean.
4. Which ocean was Slocum prepared to traverse at this point?
5. Slocum left the island and prepared to sail to which country?
(a) South Africa.
(c) New Zealand.
6. The Queen on Thursday Island was celebrating her 22nd ____ Jubilee.
7. How long did Slocum stay in that particular port?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 8 days.
(d) 2 weeks.
8. Slocum was thrilled to know that he was in the same area that had been inhabited by which of the following?
(a) Dr. Livingston.
(b) The Howells.
(c) Swiss Family Robinson.
(d) Robinson Crusoe.
9. How long did it take to reach the next port?
(a) 43 days.
(b) 5 weeks.
(c) 36 hours.
(d) 21 days.
10. At which port did Slocum receive a warm welcome and special visit?
11. Slocum was pleased to introduce the islanders to which of the following:
12. How many female students accompanied the teachers?
13. The man routinely preached about ______.
(b) The Antichrist.
14. What was the first name of the late princess?
15. What was the name of the college the teachers represented?
(d) New Guinea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What common item was the real cause of the rain?
2. What gift did the islanders give to Slocum?
3. Slocum was bound to stay on the island as the only _____ representative.
4. Slocum came across a shipwreck which he believed to be caused by which of the following:
5. Many times visitors were required to be ______ for a time.
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)