|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift did the islanders give to Slocum?
(a) Antique coins.
(b) Potbellied pig.
(d) Rain coat.
2. What is the name of the province where Slocum was born?
(a) British Columbia.
(c) Nova Scotia.
3. What type of bird greeted Slocum as he approached Keeling Cocos?
4. How long did Slocum stay at St. Kilda?
(a) 1 month.
(b) 5 weeks.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) 2 months.
5. Who accompanied Slocum on this part of the voyage?
Short Answer Questions
1. The people of the island were pleased to see the Spray and in her honor built a ____.
2. What word does Slocum use to describe Fuego?
3. What was the name of the captain who went on the trip with Slocum?
4. What previous trick had Slocum used to confuse Black Pedro?
5. Who attempted to calm the people about Slocum's presence?
This section contains 158 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)