• Reader is introduced to Nova Scotia.
• Slocum's childhood is discussed.
• Slocum has the sea in his blood.
• John Slocum is discussed.
• Joshua Slocum bought co-ownership of the Northern Light.
• All of Slocum's voyages were foreign.
• Slocum always wanted to be a master shipbuilder.
• In 1892 Slocum went to Boston.
• Slocum was unsure about his future.
• Slocum met Eben Pierce, a whaling captain.
• Pierce had an old sloop for sale.
• Slocum bought the boat.
• Townspeople ridiculed Slocum for his purchase.
• Slocum repaired and refitted the boat known as the Spray.
• In 1894, Slocum decided to use the boat for fishing; the plan failed.
• In 1895, Slocum departed on his first voyage.
• After seeing a shipwreck, Slocum knew he could do better.
• Slocum began to prepare for his trip around the world.
• Slocum took trips to Cape Ann and Gloucester to prepare for the voyage.
• On July 2 Slocum began the...
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)