Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Chapters 1-5 Abstract
* Reader is introduced to Nova Scotia.
* Slocum's childhood is discussed.
* Slocum has the sea in his blood.
* John Slocum is discussed.
* Joshua Slocum bought co-ownership of the Northern Light.
* All of Slocum's voyages were foreign.
Chapters 6-10 Abstract
* Slocum always...
This section contains 989 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)