* Reader is introduced to Nova Scotia.
* Slocum's childhood is discussed.
* Slocum has the sea in his blood.
* John Slocum is discussed.
* Joshua Slocum bought co-ownership of the Northern Light.
* All of Slocum's voyages were foreign.
* Slocum always wanted to be a master shipbuilder.
* In 1892 Slocum went to Boston.
* Slocum was unsure about his future.
* Slocum met Eben Pierce, a whaling captain.
* Pierce had an old sloop for sale.
* Slocum bought the boat.
* Townspeople ridiculed Slocum for his purchase.
* Slocum repaired and refitted the boat known as the Spray.
* In 1894, Slocum decided to use the boat for fishing; the plan failed.
* In 1895, Slocum departed on his first voyage.
* After seeing a shipwreck, Slocum knew he could do better.
* Slocum began to prepare for his trip around the world.
* Slocum took trips to Cape Ann and Gloucester to prepare for the voyage.
* On July 2 Slocum began the voyage...
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)