|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arranges the wood in the bonfire?
2. What year is it in Chapter 5?
3. Where are Benji's parents during the bonfire?
4. What is Benji's opinion of Melanie in the first few minutes after they meet again in Chapter 7?
5. Which word best describes Benji's father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kinds of things does Benji imagine needing for the school year as he lies in bed in Chapter 8?
2. What do Benji and his friends think of the bonfire?
3. Why does Melanie return to Sag Harbor in Chapter 7?
4. Why is Benji embarrassed about his music choices?
5. Why do Benji and his friends stop watching the races in Chapter 8?
6. What do Benji and Melanie talk about during their walk in Chapter 7?
7. What makes Benji feel extra proud about being able to sneak into the Lisa Lisa concert in Chapter 6?
8. What did Benji's parents do for a living?
9. Why are people under the age of 19 not allowed at the Lisa Lisa concert?
10. What does NP get one of the members of Lisa Lisa to promise in Jonni Waffle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze at least 3 different literary techniques Whitehead uses to create humor in "Sag Harbor."
Essay Topic 2
Write a well-reasoned argument discussing whether or not Benji is a good role model for young readers.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze at least 3 literary techniques Whitehead uses to make one character of your choosing from the "Sag Harbor" very likable OR very unlikable to the reader.
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)