|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Benji looks at the Sag Harbor adults, what does he imagine is the reason he can't figure out which one he will become?
2. Where are Benji's parents during the bonfire?
3. What does Benji's family spend a great deal of time trying *not* to do?
4. What is Reggie's schedule during the weekends most of the time?
5. What does Benji think of the concert in retrospect?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Benji's old house so familiar when he breaks in?
2. What makes Benji feel extra proud about being able to sneak into the Lisa Lisa concert in Chapter 6?
3. Why is Benji's make-out session with Melanie so awkward afterward?
4. How is Benji feeling when he hears his parents pull into the driveway in Chapter 7?
5. What is Benji most concerned with when it comes to the beer in the forest?
6. How does Benji try to avoid making his father angry?
7. What is Benji thinking about one Saturday morning in Chapter 5?
8. What happens when Melanie jumps off the roof as she and Benji are escaping from Benji's old house in Chapter 7?
9. According to Benji in Chapter 5, why was The Cosby Show so groundbreaking?
10. How does the older Benji look back at the Lisa Lisa concert?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast 2 characters of your choosing from the "Sag Harbor," making sure to use direct evidence and examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze at least 3 different literary techniques Whitehead uses to create humor in "Sag Harbor."
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Whitehead portrays authority figures in "Sag Harbor," making sure to use at least 3 specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)