|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 6?
2. Who arranges the wood in the bonfire?
3. Where are Benji's parents during the bonfire?
4. How does Melanie act the day after she and Benji make out?
5. What do Benji and NP realize about Barry?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss at least 3 literary devices that Whitehead uses to help the reader better understand at least one character of your choosing. Use direct quotations and/or examples from the text to support your position.
Essay Topic 2
Identify the tone of the novel and discuss 3 literary devices that Whitehead uses to create that tone.
Essay Topic 3
Describe at least 4 features of Benji and how those features fulfill the traditional, literary requirements of a teenager/young adult.
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)