|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Benji's mother resolve the argument between herself and Benji's father during the BBQ?
2. How often do people stay at Benji's old Sag Harbor house?
3. How does Benji's father act when he is drinking?
4. Whom does Benji have a crush on in Chapter 6?
5. What is the title of Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Benji thinking about one Saturday morning in Chapter 5?
2. What makes Benji's old house so familiar when he breaks in?
3. Why do Benji and his friends stop watching the races in Chapter 8?
4. What do Benji and his friends think of the bonfire?
5. According to Benji in Chapter 5, why was The Cosby Show so groundbreaking?
6. How is Benji feeling when he hears his parents pull into the driveway in Chapter 7?
7. Why is Benji's make-out session with Melanie so awkward afterward?
8. How does Benji feel about his future as the novel concludes?
9. How does the older Benji look back at the Lisa Lisa concert?
10. How does Benji try to avoid making his father angry?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose at least one female character from "Sag Harbor" and discuss at least 3 ways she goes against traditional gender stereotypes.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how Whitehead portrays authority figures in "Sag Harbor," making sure to use at least 3 specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast 2 female characters from "Sag Harbor." Make sure to use specific evidence and quotations from the novel to support your thesis.
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)