|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of shoes does Benji imagine getting for the school year?
2. Who is able to get into the concert when they try a second time?
3. How do Melanie and Benji sneak out of Benji's old house?
4. With what does NP plan to bribe one of the bouncers at the concert?
5. What does Benji's father get annoyed about with Benji's mother during the BBQ?
Short Essay Questions
1. What goes wrong with NP's plan to get into the Lisa Lisa concert?
2. Why is Benji embarrassed about his music choices?
3. What does NP get one of the members of Lisa Lisa to promise in Jonni Waffle?
4. What do Benji and Melanie talk about during their walk in Chapter 7?
5. Why is Benji's make-out session with Melanie so awkward afterward?
6. How does Benji feel about his future as the novel concludes?
7. What did Benji's parents do for a living?
8. What makes Benji's old house so familiar when he breaks in?
9. What kinds of things does Benji imagine needing for the school year as he lies in bed in Chapter 8?
10. How does Reggie try to avoid making his father angry?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe at least 4 features of Benji and how those features fulfill the traditional, literary requirements of a teenager/young adult.
Essay Topic 2
Describe at least 3 things that Whitehead is able to do with the character of Benji because he is a teenager AND at least 3 things he is not able to do with him because he is a teenager.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast 2 characters of your choosing from the "Sag Harbor," making sure to use direct evidence and examples from the text to support your thesis.
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)