|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does NP plan to bribe one of the bouncers at the concert?
2. Who is dating Erica?
3. What does Barry throw into the bonfire?
4. Where did Benji first meet Melanie?
5. On what holiday do the Sag Harbor neighbors celebrate the end of summer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does NP get one of the members of Lisa Lisa to promise in Jonni Waffle?
2. How does the older Benji look back at the Lisa Lisa concert?
3. According to Benji in Chapter 5, why was The Cosby Show so groundbreaking?
4. What goes wrong with NP's plan to get into the Lisa Lisa concert?
5. How does Reggie try to avoid making his father angry?
6. How is Benji feeling when he hears his parents pull into the driveway in Chapter 7?
7. How do Benji's neighbors act when they learn his father is BBQing?
8. What happens when Melanie jumps off the roof as she and Benji are escaping from Benji's old house in Chapter 7?
9. How does Benji try to avoid making his father angry?
10. Who is Barry?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast 2 characters of your choosing from the "Sag Harbor," making sure to use direct evidence and examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss at least 4 ways "Sag Harbor" would be different if the protagonist were female.
Essay Topic 3
Write a well-reasoned argument discussing whether or not Benji is a good role model for young readers.
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)