|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Benji see the headlights pull into the driveway of his old house?
2. What does Benji remember about Melanie when he first meets her again in Chapter 7.
3. Who suggests sneaking into Benji's old house?
4. How do NP and the others get home after they can't get into the concert?
5. How does Benji feel once he is able to sneak into the concert?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Benji try to avoid making his father angry?
2. What makes Benji's old house so familiar when he breaks in?
3. According to Benji in Chapter 5, why was The Cosby Show so groundbreaking?
4. Who is Barry?
5. How does the older Benji look back at the Lisa Lisa concert?
6. What do Benji and Melanie talk about during their walk in Chapter 7?
7. What is Benji most concerned with when it comes to the beer in the forest?
8. What do Benji and his friends think of the bonfire?
9. What causes Benji to realize his father's BBQ isn't all that he remembered it to be?
10. Why are people under the age of 19 not allowed at the Lisa Lisa concert?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss at least 3 challenges an author, like Whitehead, faces when having a novel take place during a specific decade from the past (e.g., the 1980s). Make sure to use at least 3 examples from "Sag Harbor" to support your position.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze at least 3 different literary techniques Whitehead uses to create humor in "Sag Harbor."
Essay Topic 3
Write a well-reasoned argument discussing whether or not Benji is a good role model for young readers.
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)