|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often does Benji listen to the local radio station?
2. What is Reggie's schedule during the weekends most of the time?
3. How do NP and the others get home after they can't get into the concert?
4. What does Benji remember about Melanie when he first meets her again in Chapter 7.
5. What year is it in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Melanie return to Sag Harbor in Chapter 7?
2. According to Benji in Chapter 5, why was The Cosby Show so groundbreaking?
3. How do Benji's neighbors act when they learn his father is BBQing?
4. What do Benji and his friends think of the bonfire?
5. Why is Benji's make-out session with Melanie so awkward afterward?
6. What did Benji's parents do for a living?
7. What does NP get one of the members of Lisa Lisa to promise in Jonni Waffle?
8. Why does Melanie leave Sag Harbor when she's younger?
9. What does Benji only realize in retrospect about his father's haircuts?
10. Why are people under the age of 19 not allowed at the Lisa Lisa concert?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the tone of the novel and discuss 3 literary devices that Whitehead uses to create that tone.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how Whitehead portrays authority figures in "Sag Harbor," making sure to use at least 3 specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze at least 3 different literary techniques Whitehead uses to create humor in "Sag Harbor."
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)