|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was the bouncer NP knew not working the door at the concert?
2. What do the Sag Harbor neighbors do to celebrate the end of summer?
3. What is the name of the person who acts wild at the bonfire?
4. Why does Benji identify with the Cosbys so much?
5. What does Benji do to the radio before leaving the house in Chapter 7?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast 2 female characters from "Sag Harbor." Make sure to use specific evidence and quotations from the novel to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss at least 3 literary devices Whitehead uses within the first 2 chapters to help the reader better understand Benji as both a character and the protagonist. Make sure to use examples and/or quotations from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
Choose at least one female character from "Sag Harbor" and discuss at least 3 ways she goes against traditional gender stereotypes.
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)