|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What profession did Lalla's brother Vere try to pursue?
2. How long were Mervyn and Doris married before they divorced?
(a) 12 years.
(b) 16 years.
(c) 17 years.
(d) 14 years.
3. When did Doris leave for England?
4. How many deer did Michael and his family see on the other side of the lake when they were showering in the jungle rain?
5. Near where did David Grenier drown?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long was the tunnel where Mervyn threatened to commit suicide?
2. Where did Doris hold her breath and faint so that Mervyn would have to stop drinking?
3. What year was the car that was in Aunt Dolly's garden?
4. As a teen, what song did Michael dance disgracefully to with girls?
5. How many feet did Michael and his companions climb in thirty miles when they drove to the tea estate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Rene de Saram do when one of her cows caught Rinderpest fever?
2. What did Lalla do when Shelton de Saram broke their engagement?
3. How did Lalla's father throw caution to the wind when he married a Dickman?
4. What did Doris love about Mervyn, even after the divorce?
5. Why was Mervyn banned from the Ceylon Railroads after 1943?
6. How did Mervyn nearly kill his three older children?
7. When Mervyn was in his twenties, why did he stop a train ten miles out of Colombo?
8. How did Mervyn deter Lalla from ravaging the garden at Kuttapitiya?
9. What was Michael's Aunt Dolly like?
10. Michael recorded sounds of the night in the jungle when he was in Ceylon. What did he hear when he played the tape back in Canada?
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)