|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far did Michael say one could drive in Ceylon and be in a different landscape?
(a) 15 miles.
(b) 20 miles.
(c) 25 miles.
(d) 10 miles.
2. What game did Michael play with Susan and her husband during a thunderstorm on the tea estate?
3. Where was the school located that Michael first attended as a child?
4. What disease did one of Rene's cows catch?
(a) Rinderpest fever.
(b) Mad cow disease.
(d) Milk fever.
5. How long were Mervyn and Doris married before they divorced?
(a) 14 years.
(b) 16 years.
(c) 12 years.
(d) 17 years.
6. How many feet did Michael and his companions climb in thirty miles when they drove to the tea estate?
7. To how many hospitals did Lalla dedicate her body after her death?
8. What flowers did Michael remember seeing on the last estate where he lived with his siblings?
9. What was Susan's husband's name?
10. What was the name of the last estate that Michael and his siblings lived on as children?
11. What type of bushes were outside the dining room doors at the tea estate?
12. What would wake Michael and his siblings on the last estate where they lived as children?
(a) A gong.
(b) A drum.
(c) A trumpet.
(d) A bell.
13. Where did lightning strike the house on the tea estate?
(a) The attic.
(b) Near the fuse box.
(c) Porch roof.
(d) A back bedroom.
14. How many bombs did Mervyn find on a train he hijacked?
15. What did Willie first attempt to raise when he lived at Palm Lodge?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long was the tunnel where Mervyn threatened to commit suicide?
2. Who was David Grenier's wife?
3. In one of the stories about Mervyn's train escapade, what color were the dogs he was leading?
4. Where did Doris and Mervyn go in Nuwara Eliya to try to repair their marriage?
5. When Michael went back to Ceylon and the tea estate, how many years had it been since his mother had been to the tea estate?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)