|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the last estate that Michael and his siblings lived on as children?
2. How many cows did Lalla and Rene have?
3. In one of the stories about Mervyn's train escapade, what color were the dogs he was leading?
4. How many deer did Michael and his family see on the other side of the lake when they were showering in the jungle rain?
5. What did Willie first attempt to raise when he lived at Palm Lodge?
6. What gear was the car in when the transmission broke?
7. How long did Michael say it would take for the tea estate to turn to jungle if it was left alone?
(a) 6 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 4 years.
(d) 3 years.
8. To how many hospitals did Lalla dedicate her body after her death?
9. What type of animal droppings surrounded the house on stilts in the jungle, where Michael and his family stayed?
10. According to Aunt Dolly, where would wives meet their beaus?
(a) Gordon Gardens.
(b) Royal Palace Park.
(c) Cinnamon Gardens.
(d) Spice Gardens.
11. Where did Doris work after her divorce from Mervyn?
(a) Ceylon Continental.
(b) Grand Oriental Hotel.
(c) Palm Village Hotel.
(d) Galadari Hotel.
12. How much cooler was it at the tea estate than it was in Colombo?
(a) 25 degrees.
(b) 30 degrees.
(c) 15 degrees.
(d) 20 degrees.
13. Where did Doris and Mervyn go in Nuwara Eliya to try to repair their marriage?
(d) Grand Hotel.
14. When did Doris leave for England?
15. What year was the car that was in Aunt Dolly's garden?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did Michael's Aunt Dolly weigh?
2. Where was the school located that Michael first attended as a child?
3. What would wake Michael and his siblings on the last estate where they lived as children?
4. What was Susan's husband's name?
5. Why was Doris put in Spittel's Nursing Home?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)