|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the last estate that Michael and his siblings lived on as children?
2. What disease did one of Rene's cows catch?
(a) Milk fever.
(b) Mad cow disease.
(d) Rinderpest fever.
3. Why was Doris put in Spittel's Nursing Home?
(a) She had para-typhoid.
(b) She had pneumonia.
(c) She had malaria.
(d) She had bronchitis.
4. What was the name of Lalla's head milkman?
5. How many bombs did Mervyn find on a train he hijacked?
6. What was Susan's husband's name?
7. How old was the English officer who was ordered to build a road from Colombo to Kandy when the road was finished?
8. At the time that Michael traveled to Ceylon, how old was his Aunt Dolly?
9. Where did Doris hold her breath and faint so that Mervyn would have to stop drinking?
(a) Kitulgala resthouse.
(b) Dambulla resthouse.
(c) Tissamaharama resthouse.
(d) Ambepussa resthouse.
10. How old was Lalla when she became a widow?
(a) Not yet 30.
(c) Almost 25.
11. Where was the school located that Michael first attended as a child?
12. What type of vehicle did Mervyn drive when he nearly killed the three older children and himself?
13. When Michael went back to Ceylon and the tea estate, how many years had it been since his mother had been to the tea estate?
(a) 35 years.
(b) 30 years.
(c) 50 years.
(d) 40 years.
14. Where was the first place that Doris lived when she moved to England?
(a) Potters Crouch.
(b) Leverstock Green.
(c) North Finchley.
(d) Lancaster Gate.
15. How far did Michael say one could drive in Ceylon and be in a different landscape?
(a) 10 miles.
(b) 15 miles.
(c) 20 miles.
(d) 25 miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Lalla claim she was born?
2. How much cooler was it at the tea estate than it was in Colombo?
3. At the beginning of the section "The Passions of Lalla," where did Michael say his grandmother died?
4. How many cows did Lalla and Rene have?
5. How tall was Michael's Aunt Dolly?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)