|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Michael say it would take for the tea estate to turn to jungle if it was left alone?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 6 years.
(d) 4 years.
2. What did Willie first attempt to raise when he lived at Palm Lodge?
3. What game did Michael play with Susan and her husband during a thunderstorm on the tea estate?
4. What was the name of the last estate that Michael and his siblings lived on as children?
5. What year was the car that was in Aunt Dolly's garden?
6. What animal appeared out of the trees while Michael and his family were showering in the rain?
(a) Sloth bear.
(c) Black boar.
7. During the rainy season, how many hours a day would it rain at the tea estate?
8. How far was it to drive from Colombo to the tea estate?
(a) 80 miles.
(b) 75 miles.
(c) 100 miles.
(d) 105 miles.
9. In one of the stories about Mervyn's train escapade, what color were the dogs he was leading?
10. How many feet did Michael and his companions climb in thirty miles when they drove to the tea estate?
11. What was the name of the school nurse who was in charge of Michael and the other boys his age?
12. How far did Michael say one could drive in Ceylon and be in a different landscape?
(a) 25 miles.
(b) 20 miles.
(c) 10 miles.
(d) 15 miles.
13. What poets did Doris enjoy?
(a) Cather and Joyce.
(b) Arnold and Aiken.
(c) Browning and Crane.
(d) Tennyson and Yeats.
14. What was the name of Lalla's head milkman?
15. What costume did Doris wear to the Galle Face Dance?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was David Grenier's wife?
2. Where did Lalla claim she was born?
3. Where did Doris run a small dance and theater school?
4. What disease did one of Rene's cows catch?
5. Where did Doris and Mervyn go in Nuwara Eliya to try to repair their marriage?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)