|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Ceylon Cactus and Succulent Society.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Francis de Saram die?
2. What color was the uniform insurgents wore?
3. In the section titled "Tongue," what hotel on the beach did Michael and several of the children walk to?
(a) Pegasus Reef Hotel.
(b) Galle Face Hotel.
(c) Casa Colombo Hotel.
(d) Bentota Beach Hotel.
4. How old was Michael's mother when David Grenier died?
5. What color were the walls in the old governor's home when the Dutch first built the house?
(b) Sky blue.
(d) Egg white.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Michael say it would take for the tea estate to turn to jungle if it was left alone?
2. How many children did Michael's ancestor who first came to Ceylon have with his Sinhalese wife?
3. What did Mervyn drive in 1947?
4. Where did Francis de Saram work?
5. As a teen, what song did Michael dance disgracefully to with girls?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)