|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Don't Talk to Me about Matisse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As he awaited his approaching marriage, how long after Mervyn had returned to Ceylon did he announce another engagement?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 4 days.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) 9 days.
2. In the poem "Sweet Like a Crow," stepping on what bird was compared to the sound of someone's voice?
3. How often would Philip Ondaatje travel to England?
(a) Every other year.
(b) Once a year.
(c) Every two years.
(d) Every three years.
4. How many ways were there to describe the smell of a durian fruit?
5. How much did Michael pay for a pair of sandals his first week in Ceylon?
(a) 25 cents.
(b) 35 cents.
(c) 10 cents.
(d) 15 cents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What covered the windows in homes in Ceylon?
2. When was D. H. Lawrence in Ceylon?
3. What dance was perfected on a rock at Gasanawa?
4. What type of birds did Michael hear and see on a tree outside the old governor's house?
5. What did Francis de Saram hold in his hand as he died?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)