|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Asian Rumours.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what region of Ceylon was Jaffna located?
2. What would Michael balance when he was drunk?
(b) Wine glass.
3. How tall were the doorways of the old governor's home?
(a) 20 ft.
(b) 7 ft.
(c) 6 ft.
(d) 14. ft.
4. What color were the walls in the old governor's home when the Dutch first built the house?
(a) Sky blue.
(c) Egg white.
5. In what book did Michael read these words: "she had been forced into prudence in her youth--she learned romance as she grew older. . ."?
(a) Sense & Sensibility.
(c) Love and Friendship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did men roll across the city?
2. When was governor's house built?
3. On page 24, what time was it when Michael sat in the old governor's home in Jaffna?
4. In the introduction to Chapter 1, how long had there been a drought?
5. When did a Dutch governor's daughter throw herself down a well?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)