|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Asian Rumours.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Michael's dream that caused him to return to Ceylon, what would he see his father surrounded by?
(c) Men with guns.
(d) Friends drinking.
2. What type of birds did Michael hear and see on a tree outside the old governor's house?
(a) Common Hill Myna.
(b) Crows and white cranes.
(c) Black-hooded orioles and junglefowls.
(d) Indian Peafowl.
3. What type of pet was in the room of the friend's house where Michael awoke from a dream?
4. When was governor's house built?
(b) Around 1600.
(c) Around 1700.
5. What commission did Uncle Ned oversee while he was in Jaffna?
(a) Food distribution.
(d) Human rights.
Short Answer Questions
1. What covered the windows in homes in Ceylon?
2. How long after dawn would the garden be a blaze of heat, frantic with noise and butterflies?
3. What color were the walls in the old governor's home in Jaffna?
4. How old was Michael when he realized he had slipped past a childhood he had ignored and not understood?
5. How long was the train ride from Colombo to Jaffna?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)