|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Asian Rumours.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did a Dutch governor's daughter throw herself down a well?
2. What color were the walls in the old governor's home in Jaffna?
(b) Sunshine yellow.
3. What did Michael have to eat for lunch when he was at the old governor's home?
(b) Crab curry.
(c) Fried Rice.
(d) Egg plant curry.
4. What color were the cement floors where Michael used to live?
5. In what book did Michael read these words: "she had been forced into prudence in her youth--she learned romance as she grew older. . ."?
(a) Sense & Sensibility.
(c) Love and Friendship.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what region of Ceylon was Jaffna located?
2. How long after Michael awoke from a dream in a house near Lake Ontario, did he have a farewell party for his trip to Ceylon?
3. How many sentries guarded the entrance to the old governor's home?
4. How old was the fort, where the old governor's home was located?
5. How many yards did the porch run along the front of the old governor's home?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)