|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Asian Rumours.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was governor's house built?
(a) Around 1600.
(b) Around 1700.
2. In what region of Ceylon was Jaffna located?
3. How long after Michael awoke from a dream in a house near Lake Ontario, did he have a farewell party for his trip to Ceylon?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 1 month.
(c) 4 months.
(d) 3 months.
4. How old was Michael when he realized he had slipped past a childhood he had ignored and not understood?
(a) Mid 30s.
(b) Mid 20s.
5. What type of birds did Michael hear and see on a tree outside the old governor's house?
(a) Common Hill Myna.
(b) Indian Peafowl.
(c) Black-hooded orioles and junglefowls.
(d) Crows and white cranes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What covered the windows in homes in Ceylon?
2. In what book did Michael read these words: "she had been forced into prudence in her youth--she learned romance as she grew older. . ."?
3. What color dress did the Dutch governor's daughter wear when she appeared as a ghost?
4. How long after dawn would the garden be a blaze of heat, frantic with noise and butterflies?
5. What commission did Uncle Ned oversee while he was in Jaffna?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)