|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, What We Think of Married Life.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many yards did the porch run along the front of the old governor's home?
2. Why was Doris put in Spittel's Nursing Home?
(a) She had bronchitis.
(b) She had pneumonia.
(c) She had malaria.
(d) She had para-typhoid.
3. What was Mervyn's favorite resthouse?
4. How long had Mervyn and Doris been married when she took him clothes after he stripped, jumped off a train, and rushed into the Kadugannawa tunnel?
(a) 6 years.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 7 years.
(d) 5 years.
5. How many deer did Michael and his family see on the other side of the lake when they were showering in the jungle rain?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Michael's mother when David Grenier died?
2. How long did it take Michael, Susan, and her husband to drive from Colombo to the tea estate?
3. How far was it from Galle to Colombo?
4. How long after Michael awoke from a dream in a house near Lake Ontario, did he have a farewell party for his trip to Ceylon?
5. How much of a dowry did the woman have that Lalla tried to get her brother to marry?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)