|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, What We Think of Married Life.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Lalla when she received a small inheritance?
2. During what months did Michael's grandparents move to Nuwara Eliya?
(a) September and October.
(b) March and April.
(c) April and May.
(d) June and July.
3. What covered the windows in homes in Ceylon?
(b) Mosquito netting.
(d) Delicate bars.
4. Where did Mervyn and Doris marry?
5. In the introduction to Chapter 1, how long had there been a drought?
(a) Since December.
(b) Since November.
(c) Since March.
(d) Since April.
Short Answer Questions
1. On page 24, what time was it when Michael sat in the old governor's home in Jaffna?
2. How long after Michael awoke from a dream in a house near Lake Ontario, did he have a farewell party for his trip to Ceylon?
3. Where did lightning strike the house on the tea estate?
4. What was the name of the last estate that Michael and his siblings lived on as children?
5. What color was a church painted that Michael saw on Reclamation Street in Colombo?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)