|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, What We Think of Married Life.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much were bets on horse races if someone sat in the grandstand?
(a) 7 rupees.
(b) 2 rupees.
(c) 10 rupees.
(d) 5 rupees.
2. During what month would Doris and Lalla spend their time at the races?
3. Where did Francis de Saram work?
(a) Rubber estate.
(b) A bank.
(c) Tea plantation.
(d) Government offices.
4. What type of vehicle did Mervyn drive when he nearly killed the three older children and himself?
5. At the beginning of the section "The Passions of Lalla," where did Michael say his grandmother died?
(a) On a boat.
(b) In an automobile accident.
(c) At a jacaranda tree.
(d) In her bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Lalla's head milkman?
2. What was the name of the house where the Daniels lived?
3. Near where did David Grenier drown?
4. When was Mervyn sent to England to go to college?
5. What disease did one of Rene's cows catch?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)