|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of car does Lamarr use to drive Reacher to Virginia to work on the serial killer case?
2. What time is Jack allowed to leave the FBI facilities in New York?
3. What one thing does the killer leave behind?
4. How much money total are the guys carrying who are demanding protection money?
5. How long has it been since Reacher left the Army?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Reacher think they should do about the information that possibly only eleven women are targets?
2. How did the local FBI agent save Reacher and Harper two hours' flying time on the way back to D.C.?
3. What did the guys want who were talking to the owner of the restaurant where Reacher was eating?
4. Is profiling an exact science, according to Blake?
5. What did Reacher see when he came home in Chapter 2?
6. Why does Reacher believe that only eleven women have been targeted for murder by the serial killer?
7. Why was inheriting the house both a good and bad thing for Reacher?
8. What is the profile of a serial killer?
9. Why does Lamarr always correct Reacher or anyone else who refers to her stepsister as her sister?
10. Why does Reacher say that Lamarr is dumb to be scared of flying?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the book, discuss the reasons why Reacher left the Army.
Essay Topic 2
Argue whether there are two protagonists in the novel. Use examples from the book to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the murderer's true motive for the killings.
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)