|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the third woman who was murdered?
2. How many women fit the pattern of female harassment complainants who subsequently quit the service?
3. How much money does Reacher take from the guys who are collecting protection money in Chinatown?
4. Where did the third murder victim live?
5. Who picks Reacher up after he walks away from Quantico?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lamarr believe that the killer took the clothes of the three woman who were killed?
2. Why was inheriting the house both a good and bad thing for Reacher?
3. Where do Reacher and Harper go after studying the files of the murdered women on Sunday?
4. Why did the murderer choose a three-week interval between the murders?
5. When was Reacher afraid in cities and why did he change his mind?
6. Describe the setting of Alison Lamarr's house.
7. Why does Lamarr say that she is not close to her stepsister?
8. On Monday morning, why does Reacher walk out of FBI headquarters?
9. What does the FBI threaten to do if Reacher won't help them with the serial killings?
10. Why does Reacher believe that only eleven women have been targeted for murder by the serial killer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Jodie and Harper using examples from the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the murderer's true motive for the killings.
Essay Topic 3
Argue whether the inciting force in the novel is the murders or is the incident at the restaurant. Use examples from the novel to support your position.
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)