|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What floor is Jodie's office on?
2. How long does it take for Lamarr and Reacher to drive from Garrison to Quantico?
3. How long does it take Reacher and Harper to fly to McGuire/Fort Dix?
4. How much time will Reacher have in New York before he has to return to Fort Dix?
5. Where was Caroline Cooke stationed?
Short Essay Questions
1. How were the bodies of the three women found?
2. When was Reacher afraid in cities and why did he change his mind?
3. What does Reacher think they should do about the information that possibly only eleven women are targets?
4. Why did the murderer choose a three-week interval between the murders?
5. Where do Reacher and Harper go after studying the files of the murdered women on Sunday?
6. What is the profile of a serial killer?
7. How did the local FBI agent save Reacher and Harper two hours' flying time on the way back to D.C.?
8. Describe Quantico.
9. Why does Reacher tell Blake that it is not possible to tail the 30 guys on the list he brought from Fort Dix?
10. Why are Lamarr and her stepsister going to be rich soon?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Argue whether the inciting force in the novel is the murders or is the incident at the restaurant. Use examples from the novel to support your position.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Jodie and Reacher's relationship and why they will not be able to resolve their differences. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the book, discuss the reasons why Reacher left the Army.
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)