|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the colonel who sexually harassed Alison?
2. From where do Reacher and Harper fly to McGuire/Fort Dix?
3. What does Reacher eat for dinner at Quantico his first night?
4. Where did the killer of the three women leave the bodies?
5. How many miles do Lamarr and Reacher have to drive in Maryland on the way to Virginia?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the local FBI agent save Reacher and Harper two hours' flying time on the way back to D.C.?
2. Why was inheriting the house both a good and bad thing for Reacher?
3. Why does Lamarr say that she is not close to her stepsister?
4. Where do Reacher and Harper go after studying the files of the murdered women on Sunday?
5. On Monday morning, why does Reacher walk out of FBI headquarters?
6. Why does Reacher tell Blake that it is not possible to tail the 30 guys on the list he brought from Fort Dix?
7. Why does Lamarr believe that the killer took the clothes of the three woman who were killed?
8. What does the FBI threaten to do if Reacher won't help them with the serial killings?
9. What is the profile of a serial killer?
10. How did Reacher catch up with the Naval Reserve officer who was to drive him back to the helicopter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from "Running Blind," discuss why at the beginning of the novel Reacher decides to help the FBI find the killer.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Jodie and Reacher's relationship and why they will not be able to resolve their differences. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the book, discuss how owning property made Reacher feel and why he felt he had to sell everything.
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)