|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take for Lamarr and Reacher to drive from Garrison to Quantico?
2. What time is Jack allowed to leave the FBI facilities in New York?
3. Where was Cooke stationed when she complained about sexual harassment?
4. Where was Caroline Cooke stationed?
5. Who was the third woman who was murdered?
Short Essay Questions
1. When was Reacher afraid in cities and why did he change his mind?
2. What is criminal profiling?
3. What is Reacher's real reason for wanting to go see Lamarr's stepsister?
4. Describe the setting of Alison Lamarr's house.
5. How were the bodies of the three women found?
6. Why did the murderer choose a three-week interval between the murders?
7. Why didn't the three women who were killed drown?
8. Where do Reacher and Harper go after studying the files of the murdered women on Sunday?
9. What does Reacher think they should do about the information that possibly only eleven women are targets?
10. What does the FBI threaten to do if Reacher won't help them with the serial killings?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the novel, discuss why the murderer said that knowledge is power.
Essay Topic 2
Argue whether the inciting force in the novel is the murders or is the incident at the restaurant. Use examples from the novel to support your position.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss why Reacher said that the strong terrorize the weak, use examples from the book.
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)