|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shape is the door knocker at Alison Lamarr's house?
2. How many years ago did Reacher do a favor for Colonel John Trent?
3. How much does Reacher weigh?
4. What was Lamarr's major in college?
5. What type of vehicles has the FBI noticed that serial killers use?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jodie become a lawyer?
2. When was Reacher afraid in cities and why did he change his mind?
3. What is the profile of a serial killer?
4. What does the FBI threaten to do if Reacher won't help them with the serial killings?
5. What happened after Amy Callan accused an officer of sexual harassment?
6. What is Reacher's real reason for wanting to go see Lamarr's stepsister?
7. Is profiling an exact science, according to Blake?
8. Why does Reacher believe that only eleven women have been targeted for murder by the serial killer?
9. Why did the murderer choose a three-week interval between the murders?
10. What did the guys want who were talking to the owner of the restaurant where Reacher was eating?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the views that Reacher and Lamarr hold regarding criminal profiling. Use examples from the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Argue whether there are two protagonists in the novel. Use examples from the book to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Argue whether the inciting force in the novel is the murders or is the incident at the restaurant. Use examples from the novel to support your position.
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)