|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take Reacher and Harper to fly to McGuire/Fort Dix?
2. From which FBI office are Poulton, Lamarr and Blake from?
3. How long does it take Reacher to dry off when he returns to Fort Dix?
4. What time does Reacher wake after his first night at Quantico?
5. What type of car does Lamarr use to drive Reacher to Virginia to work on the serial killer case?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the murderer choose a three-week interval between the murders?
2. What did the guys want who were talking to the owner of the restaurant where Reacher was eating?
3. Why does Lamarr always correct Reacher or anyone else who refers to her stepsister as her sister?
4. How did the local FBI agent save Reacher and Harper two hours' flying time on the way back to D.C.?
5. Why does Lamarr believe that the killer took the clothes of the three woman who were killed?
6. Describe Quantico.
7. What happened after Amy Callan accused an officer of sexual harassment?
8. Why does Reacher tell Blake that it is not possible to tail the 30 guys on the list he brought from Fort Dix?
9. What did Reacher see when he came home in Chapter 2?
10. Where do Reacher and Harper go after studying the files of the murdered women on Sunday?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the book, discuss the reasons why Reacher left the Army.
Essay Topic 2
Argue whether the inciting force in the novel is the murders or is the incident at the restaurant. Use examples from the novel to support your position.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the murderer's true motive for the killings.
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)