|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. About how old is the woman who guards Reacher while the FBI searches his house?
2. What was Reacher's rank when he was in the Army?
3. Where did the third murder victim live?
4. What color are Lisa Harper's eyes?
5. What type of a restaurant is Reacher in at the beginning of the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the guys want who were talking to the owner of the restaurant where Reacher was eating?
2. What does the FBI threaten to do if Reacher won't help them with the serial killings?
3. What is the profile of a serial killer?
4. How did Lamarr catch a killer without even being there?
5. How did Reacher catch up with the Naval Reserve officer who was to drive him back to the helicopter?
6. What is Reacher's real reason for wanting to go see Lamarr's stepsister?
7. Why was inheriting the house both a good and bad thing for Reacher?
8. Why does Lamarr say that she is not close to her stepsister?
9. On Monday morning, why does Reacher walk out of FBI headquarters?
10. Where do Reacher and Harper go after studying the files of the murdered women on Sunday?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the novel, discuss how Reacher eliminated the chance that Petrosian would take revenge on Jodie.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the murderer's true motive for the killings.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the murder victims using examples from the book.
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)