|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has the FBI been following Reacher?
2. How long does it take Reacher and Harper to fly to Seattle?
3. How much money total are the guys carrying who are demanding protection money?
4. How much time will Reacher have in New York before he has to return to Fort Dix?
5. What was the name of the colonel who sexually harassed Alison?
Short Essay Questions
1. How were the bodies of the three women found?
2. What is the profile of a serial killer?
3. What does Reacher think they should do about the information that possibly only eleven women are targets?
4. What did Reacher see when he came home in Chapter 2?
5. Why are Lamarr and her stepsister going to be rich soon?
6. Why does Reacher tell Blake that it is not possible to tail the 30 guys on the list he brought from Fort Dix?
7. How did Lamarr catch a killer without even being there?
8. Why does Lamarr say that she is not close to her stepsister?
9. Why did the murderer choose a three-week interval between the murders?
10. What is criminal profiling?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Jodie and Reacher's relationship and why they will not be able to resolve their differences. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from "Running Blind," discuss why at the beginning of the novel Reacher decides to help the FBI find the killer.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how the author used red herrings in the novel to make it difficult for characters and the reader to identify the killer.
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)