|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many names are on a piece of paper that John Trent gives Reacher before he and Harper leave Fort Dix?
2. What is Alan Deerfield's title?
3. How much land did the Marines give the FBI for Quantico?
4. Where was Cooke stationed when she complained about sexual harassment?
5. What does Reacher buy at an office supply store?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Reacher think they should do about the information that possibly only eleven women are targets?
2. How did Lamarr catch a killer without even being there?
3. What is Reacher's real reason for wanting to go see Lamarr's stepsister?
4. Why does Reacher believe that only eleven women have been targeted for murder by the serial killer?
5. What is criminal profiling?
6. Describe the setting of Alison Lamarr's house.
7. Why didn't the three women who were killed drown?
8. How did Reacher catch up with the Naval Reserve officer who was to drive him back to the helicopter?
9. Why did the murderer choose a three-week interval between the murders?
10. Is profiling an exact science, according to Blake?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from "Running Blind," discuss why at the beginning of the novel Reacher decides to help the FBI find the killer.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Jodie and Harper using examples from the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how the author used red herrings in the novel to make it difficult for characters and the reader to identify the killer.
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)