|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did a handyman use to murder a woman in Colorado?
2. How often do Harper and other agents have to re-qualify on hand guns?
3. How long does it take Reacher and Harper to fly to Seattle?
4. How much protection money is being demanded of the restaurant owner to start?
5. How long has it been since Reacher left the Army?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is criminal profiling?
2. What did the guys want who were talking to the owner of the restaurant where Reacher was eating?
3. What did Reacher see when he came home in Chapter 2?
4. Why does Reacher say that Lamarr is dumb to be scared of flying?
5. Describe the setting of Alison Lamarr's house.
6. Why does Lamarr always correct Reacher or anyone else who refers to her stepsister as her sister?
7. Why does Reacher tell Blake that it is not possible to tail the 30 guys on the list he brought from Fort Dix?
8. Is profiling an exact science, according to Blake?
9. How long had Reacher been in love with Jodie?
10. How did Reacher catch up with the Naval Reserve officer who was to drive him back to the helicopter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Jodie and Harper using examples from the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from "Running Blind," discuss why at the beginning of the novel Reacher decides to help the FBI find the killer.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the novel, discuss why the murderer said that knowledge is power.
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)