|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many women fit the pattern of female harassment complainants who subsequently quit the service?
2. How many more women does the killer say have to die?
3. How many names are on a piece of paper that John Trent gives Reacher before he and Harper leave Fort Dix?
4. What type of a restaurant is Reacher in at the beginning of the novel?
5. How many miles from Quantico is someone studying the list of the women who may be targeted for murder?
Short Essay Questions
1. How long had Reacher been in love with Jodie?
2. How were the bodies of the three women found?
3. Why are Lamarr and her stepsister going to be rich soon?
4. Why didn't the three women who were killed drown?
5. Why does Jodie become a lawyer?
6. Where do Reacher and Harper go after studying the files of the murdered women on Sunday?
7. Why did the murderer choose a three-week interval between the murders?
8. What is the profile of a serial killer?
9. What is Reacher's real reason for wanting to go see Lamarr's stepsister?
10. Why does Reacher believe that only eleven women have been targeted for murder by the serial killer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the views that Reacher and Lamarr hold regarding criminal profiling. Use examples from the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the novel, discuss why the murderer said that knowledge is power.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the murder victims using examples from the book.
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)