|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Reacher eat for dinner at Quantico his first night?
2. What type of a restaurant is Reacher in at the beginning of the novel?
3. As an adult, how many years had Reacher gone without owning anything except a pair of shoes?
4. What does Reacher have for dessert his first night at Quantico?
5. How long does it take the FBI agent to drive Reacher back to his house from New York after he is released?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the murderer choose a three-week interval between the murders?
2. How did Reacher catch up with the Naval Reserve officer who was to drive him back to the helicopter?
3. Describe Quantico.
4. Why was inheriting the house both a good and bad thing for Reacher?
5. Where do Reacher and Harper go after studying the files of the murdered women on Sunday?
6. On Monday morning, why does Reacher walk out of FBI headquarters?
7. What did the guys want who were talking to the owner of the restaurant where Reacher was eating?
8. Why does Lamarr always correct Reacher or anyone else who refers to her stepsister as her sister?
9. Why does Reacher say that Lamarr is dumb to be scared of flying?
10. Is profiling an exact science, according to Blake?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss why Reacher said that the strong terrorize the weak, use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the book, discuss how owning property made Reacher feel and why he felt he had to sell everything.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the views that Reacher and Lamarr hold regarding criminal profiling. Use examples from the novel.
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)