|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take for Lamarr and Reacher to drive from Garrison to Quantico?
2. How many gallons does it take to fill a bathtub?
3. What do Harper and Reacher do the Sunday after they return from Spokane?
4. Where did Callan move after her time in the Army?
5. What is the cycle that the serial killer is working on at first?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jodie become a lawyer?
2. How were the bodies of the three women found?
3. Describe Quantico.
4. Why does Lamarr always correct Reacher or anyone else who refers to her stepsister as her sister?
5. Why does Reacher believe that only eleven women have been targeted for murder by the serial killer?
6. What is the profile of a serial killer?
7. What happened after Amy Callan accused an officer of sexual harassment?
8. What does Reacher think they should do about the information that possibly only eleven women are targets?
9. Is profiling an exact science, according to Blake?
10. Why did the murderer choose a three-week interval between the murders?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the novel, discuss how Reacher eliminated the chance that Petrosian would take revenge on Jodie.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how the author used red herrings in the novel to make it difficult for characters and the reader to identify the killer.
Essay Topic 3
Argue whether the inciting force in the novel is the murders or is the incident at the restaurant. Use examples from the novel to support your position.
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)