|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What information does Fitch keep from the CEOs?
2. How much money does Cleve give to Derrick?
3. What does Easter do that is expressly forbidden during the personal visit time?
4. What does Dr. Myra Sprawling-Goode say about advertising?
5. What does Easter say to convince Millie that she should still be on the jury?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Beverly remember about Claire after she talks with Phoebe?
2. What happens back in the jury room and what does Mr. O'Reilly suggest?
3. What does Marlee convince Fitch about in regards to Millie and the verdict?
4. What doesn't surprise Fitch that he learns about Marlee?
5. What does Dr. McQuade testify about advertising and the tobacco companies?
6. What does Marcus report to Marlee has happened to the stocks he was watching for her?
7. What does Marlee tell Fitch to do when she makes the next call and why does she make the call from where she does?
8. What does Marlee tell Fitch will happen if the money is not in the bank account before the verdict is read?
9. What did Judge Harkin's instructions require the jurors to do?
10. What happens after Derrick's brother bails him out of jail on his way to go and see Angel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the main intention of Marlee and Easter? Why do you think they had this intention? Do you think their reasons were justified? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways was the judge on this case influenced? Do you think the typical judge could be influenced in the same way(s)? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Why do you think the CEOs were so quick to trust Fitch? Do you think they were justified to trust him? Why or why not?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)