|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of the jurors (not counting Easter) say no when Easter asks who is willing to hold Pynex liable for the death of Wood?
2. What information did Swanson find out about the people he believes to be Marlee's parents?
3. What is Dr. Myra Sprawling-Goode 's specialty?
4. What does Fitch do before he organizes the wire transfer?
5. What are the jurors allowed to do that they previously had not been allowed to do previously?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Fitch and Marlee talk about when they meet an hour after their first meeting?
2. What opinions on the verdict do Lonnie, Gladys and Angel have?
3. What doesn't surprise Fitch that he learns about Marlee?
4. What does Marcus report to Marlee has happened to the stocks he was watching for her?
5. What is Dr. Myra Sprawling-Goode's specialty that she testifies about and where did she get her funding for this research?
6. What does Lonnie ask Easter and how does Easter respond?
7. How long did Marlee and Easter work together to achieve this verdict?
8. What judgment does the jury present to the court?
9. What happens when Marlee meets with Marcus for the second time?
10. How do many of the jurors spend Sunday night, which they believe will be their last night being sequestered?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you think this novel has a basis in truth? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Why do you think it was so important for Marlee to hide her past from Fitch? Do you agree with her that it was critical to keep that information secret? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What was the main intention of Marlee and Easter? Why do you think they had this intention? Do you think their reasons were justified? Why or why not?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)