|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the jurors celebrate before they head off to church?
2. What does the jury debate whether it is just as addictive as cigarettes?
3. Why doesn't Fitch attend the Saturday morning testimony?
4. Which juror has chosen to often stay alone?
5. What does Lonnie say has always been Easter's?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Cleve's final decision about Derrick's demands for Angel's vote?
2. What happens back in the jury room and what does Mr. O'Reilly suggest?
3. What does Marcus report to Marlee has happened to the stocks he was watching for her?
4. What happens after Herman drinks the coffee that Easter spiked?
5. What do Fitch and Marlee talk about when they meet an hour after their first meeting?
6. What does FBI Agent Alan Madden do with Napier and Nitchmann?
7. What doesn't surprise Fitch that he learns about Marlee?
8. What information does Beverly remember about Claire after she talks with Phoebe?
9. How does Fitch feel once he has sent the fax confirming the money was been successfully sent?
10. What happens when Marlee meets with Marcus for the second time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay taking three of the main characters of the novel and describe their personalities. How do their personalities affect the outcome of the novel? Do you believe they are well described by the author? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Fitch and Marlee's relationship is unique. Do you believe Fitch was a passive player in this relationship? Why or why not? Why do you think he withholds information from Marlee? How would you handle the same situation?
Essay Topic 3
In what way was Judge Harkin self-important? Do you believe he was a fair judge? Why or why not? Do you believe he made mistakes? If so, what mistakes? If not, why not?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)