|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Fitch hoping will happen while he sits in his office?
2. What does Judge Harkin arrange before he reconvenes court?
3. What are the legal professors being interviewed predicting the future of?
4. Who accompanies Easter back to his apartment complex?
5. What does the letter ask for that Easter sends to the judge?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Beverly tell Swanson about Claire?
2. What does Marcus report to Marlee has happened to the stocks he was watching for her?
3. What did James Local (the private investigator) find out about Claire and what does he find out about Kerr?
4. How long did Marlee and Easter work together to achieve this verdict?
5. What do Fitch and Marlee talk about when they meet an hour after their first meeting?
6. What information does Beverly remember about Claire after she talks with Phoebe?
7. What does FBI Agent Alan Madden do with Napier and Nitchmann?
8. What does Lonnie ask Easter and how does Easter respond?
9. What happens after Herman drinks the coffee that Easter spiked?
10. What judgment does the jury present to the court?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do you think it was so important for Marlee to hide her past from Fitch? Do you agree with her that it was critical to keep that information secret? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the book, both sides believed they were winning the case. What events led them to feel this way? Do you think they were each justified in their beliefs? Do you think Rohr was as aggressive as he should have been? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways was the judge on this case influenced? Do you think the typical judge could be influenced in the same way(s)? Why or why not?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)