|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fitch do when he hears about the incident with Napier and Nitchmann?
2. What does Judge Harkin do before he releases the jury?
3. Why is Herrera excused from the jury?
4. How much money does Marlee ask Fitch for?
5. How much money does Cleve give to Derrick?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marlee tell Fitch will happen if the money is not in the bank account before the verdict is read?
2. How does Fitch feel once he has sent the fax confirming the money was been successfully sent?
3. What happens when Hoppy arrives at the motel to visit with his wife, Millie and how does Millie respond?
4. What happens before the jury returns to the courtroom to deliver the verdict?
5. What do Fitch and Marlee talk about when they meet an hour after their first meeting?
6. What does Marlee tell Fitch to do when she makes the next call and why does she make the call from where she does?
7. What happens back in the jury room and what does Mr. O'Reilly suggest?
8. What does Marlee order Fitch to do with the money?
9. What happens after Herman drinks the coffee that Easter spiked?
10. How long did Marlee and Easter work together to achieve this verdict?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which jurors do you think would be/are the most difficult to persuade to vote a specific way? Why do you think they are more difficult? Do you think there are people who cannot be bought? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
In what way was Judge Harkin self-important? Do you believe he was a fair judge? Why or why not? Do you believe he made mistakes? If so, what mistakes? If not, why not?
Essay Topic 3
How do you think the jury would have felt knowing that Fitch was recording them every day and watching them all of the time? How would you feel if put in this position? Do you agree with the actions Fitch took? Why or why not?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)