|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Fitch hoping will happen while he sits in his office?
2. What does Derrick do before he heads out to meet Angel?
3. What does Dr. McQuade testify is true?
4. What do six of the jurors do to pass the time on Saturday night?
5. What does Judge Harkin arrange before he reconvenes court?
Short Essay Questions
1. How long did Marlee and Easter work together to achieve this verdict?
2. What do Fitch and Marlee talk about when they meet an hour after their first meeting?
3. What does Marcus report to Marlee has happened to the stocks he was watching for her?
4. What happens when Hoppy arrives at the motel to visit with his wife, Millie and how does Millie respond?
5. What judgment does the jury present to the court?
6. What information does Beverly remember about Claire after she talks with Phoebe?
7. What does Marlee convince Fitch about in regards to Millie and the verdict?
8. What does Dr. McQuade testify about advertising and the tobacco companies?
9. What is Dr. Myra Sprawling-Goode's specialty that she testifies about and where did she get her funding for this research?
10. How do many of the jurors spend Sunday night, which they believe will be their last night being sequestered?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do you think Marlee will continue to watch Fitch's trials? Do you think this is fair of her? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Why was it so difficult to bring the jurors around to one verdict for Easter? Which jurors do you believe were justified in their opinions as to the verdict? Which jurors do you believe were not justified in their opinions as to the verdict? Why do you think this way?
Essay Topic 3
Why do you think it was so important for Marlee to hide her past from Fitch? Do you agree with her that it was critical to keep that information secret? Why or why not?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)