|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is an appropriate synonym for the word acclamation as used in the following sentence: Easter is elected foreman by acclamation.
2. What is Dr. Myra Sprawling-Goode 's specialty?
3. After figuring out the average about how much money does the jury believe should be awarded to Mrs. Wood?
4. What does Easter do that is expressly forbidden during the personal visit time?
5. What does Marlee do when Fitch arrives at the apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Herman drinks the coffee that Easter spiked?
2. What did Judge Harkin's instructions require the jurors to do?
3. What doesn't surprise Fitch that he learns about Marlee?
4. What does Marcus report to Marlee has happened to the stocks he was watching for her?
5. What does Beverly Monk wake up thinking about and what does it lead her to do?
6. What happens before the jury returns to the courtroom to deliver the verdict?
7. What does Marlee tell Fitch to do when she makes the next call and why does she make the call from where she does?
8. What does FBI Agent Alan Madden do with Napier and Nitchmann?
9. How do many of the jurors spend Sunday night, which they believe will be their last night being sequestered?
10. What opinions on the verdict do Lonnie, Gladys and Angel have?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the author use the narrator to help the reader gain insight into characters? Do you believe this was an effective process? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Which side of the case do you think is more successful at sabotaging the jury? Why do you feel this way? What is your opinion on jury sabotage?
Essay Topic 3
Marlee contacted both sides. Do you believe this was a good strategy? Why or why not? Do you think the lawyers for both sides reacted appropriate to her? Why or why not?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)