|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Henry and Easter agree about when they discuss the trial?
2. What does Christiano tell Hoppy he has to do the next time he visits Millie?
3. What does Fitch offer to Marlee to help Easter convince the juror he is worried about?
4. Why does Beverly plan on going to visit a girl named Phoebe?
5. Why doesn't Fitch attend the Saturday morning testimony?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Marlee meets with Marcus for the second time?
2. What information does Beverly remember about Claire after she talks with Phoebe?
3. What is Cleve's final decision about Derrick's demands for Angel's vote?
4. What did James Local (the private investigator) find out about Claire and what does he find out about Kerr?
5. How does Fitch feel once he has sent the fax confirming the money was been successfully sent?
6. What happens after Derrick's brother bails him out of jail on his way to go and see Angel?
7. What is Dr. Gunther's testimony about?
8. How do many of the jurors spend Sunday night, which they believe will be their last night being sequestered?
9. What do Fitch and Marlee talk about when they meet an hour after their first meeting?
10. What happens when Hoppy arrives at the motel to visit with his wife, Millie and how does Millie respond?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay taking three of the main characters of the novel and describe their personalities. How do their personalities affect the outcome of the novel? Do you believe they are well described by the author? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Which side of the case do you think is more successful at sabotaging the jury? Why do you feel this way? What is your opinion on jury sabotage?
Essay Topic 3
Do you think this novel has a basis in truth? Why or why not?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)