|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fitch try to get out of Marlee?
2. Why does Beverly plan on going to visit a girl named Phoebe?
3. How much money does Fitch ask all of the CEOs to transfer?
4. How does Rohr practice his closing statements?
5. Which juror has chosen to often stay alone?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Herman drinks the coffee that Easter spiked?
2. What happens when Hoppy arrives at the motel to visit with his wife, Millie and how does Millie respond?
3. What does Beverly tell Swanson about Claire?
4. What judgment does the jury present to the court?
5. What happens back in the jury room and what does Mr. O'Reilly suggest?
6. What does Marlee tell Fitch will happen if the money is not in the bank account before the verdict is read?
7. What is Dr. Myra Sprawling-Goode's specialty that she testifies about and where did she get her funding for this research?
8. What does Easter do when he goes into Millie's room to meet with her and Hoppy?
9. How long did Marlee and Easter work together to achieve this verdict?
10. What does Marlee order Fitch to do with the money?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which side of the case do you think is more successful at sabotaging the jury? Why do you feel this way? What is your opinion on jury sabotage?
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the book, both sides believed they were winning the case. What events led them to feel this way? Do you think they were each justified in their beliefs? Do you think Rohr was as aggressive as he should have been? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Why do you think the CEOs were so quick to trust Fitch? Do you think they were justified to trust him? Why or why not?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)