|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Easter do with the information that Millie shares with him?
2. What does Easter say to convince Millie that she should still be on the jury?
3. How does Rohr practice his closing statements?
4. What is Fitch carrying when he meets Marlee?
5. What is the jury vote on whether or not nicotine is addictive?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marlee convince Fitch about in regards to Millie and the verdict?
2. What does Marcus report to Marlee has happened to the stocks he was watching for her?
3. What did Judge Harkin's instructions require the jurors to do?
4. How do many of the jurors spend Sunday night, which they believe will be their last night being sequestered?
5. What does Marlee order Fitch to do with the money?
6. What happens after Derrick's brother bails him out of jail on his way to go and see Angel?
7. What happens after Herman drinks the coffee that Easter spiked?
8. What happens when Hoppy arrives at the motel to visit with his wife, Millie and how does Millie respond?
9. What does Lonnie ask Easter and how does Easter respond?
10. What happens back in the jury room and what does Mr. O'Reilly suggest?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you think the typical juror could be influenced in the same manner that the jurors in the novel were influenced? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Which side of the case do you think is more successful at sabotaging the jury? Why do you feel this way? What is your opinion on jury sabotage?
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the book, both sides believed they were winning the case. What events led them to feel this way? Do you think they were each justified in their beliefs? Do you think Rohr was as aggressive as he should have been? Why or why not?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)