|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What suggestion does Easter make to get through the thousands of pages of reports that were entered into evidence?
2. What does Fitch try to get out of Marlee?
3. Who does Fitch tell Marlee may already be on their side?
4. Why does Easter send another note to the judge before the verdict is read?
5. What does Fitch think will happen once he hears Napier and Nitchmann's story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Hoppy arrives at the motel to visit with his wife, Millie and how does Millie respond?
2. What does Marlee tell Fitch to do when she makes the next call and why does she make the call from where she does?
3. What did James Local (the private investigator) find out about Claire and what does he find out about Kerr?
4. What opinions on the verdict do Lonnie, Gladys and Angel have?
5. What does Marlee tell Fitch will happen if the money is not in the bank account before the verdict is read?
6. What does Beverly Monk wake up thinking about and what does it lead her to do?
7. How does Fitch feel once he has sent the fax confirming the money was been successfully sent?
8. What does Lonnie ask Easter and how does Easter respond?
9. What is Dr. Gunther's testimony about?
10. What happens when Marlee meets with Marcus for the second time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which side of the case do you think is more successful at sabotaging the jury? Why do you feel this way? What is your opinion on jury sabotage?
Essay Topic 2
Do you believe the author did a good job at describing and defining the relationship between Marlee and Easter? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
How does the author use the narrator to help the reader gain insight into characters? Do you believe this was an effective process? Why or why not?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)