|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Fitch attend the Saturday morning testimony?
2. Which of the following is an appropriate synonym for the word acclamation as used in the following sentence: Easter is elected foreman by acclamation.
3. Where do Cleve and Derrick meet to exchange the money?
4. Why does Easter send another note to the judge before the verdict is read?
5. What does Fitch do when he hears about the incident with Napier and Nitchmann?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dr. McQuade testify about advertising and the tobacco companies?
2. What does Marlee tell Fitch to do when she makes the next call and why does she make the call from where she does?
3. How does Fitch feel once he has sent the fax confirming the money was been successfully sent?
4. What is Cleve's final decision about Derrick's demands for Angel's vote?
5. What judgment does the jury present to the court?
6. What does Beverly Monk wake up thinking about and what does it lead her to do?
7. What does FBI Agent Alan Madden do with Napier and Nitchmann?
8. What happens back in the jury room and what does Mr. O'Reilly suggest?
9. What information does Beverly remember about Claire after she talks with Phoebe?
10. What doesn't surprise Fitch that he learns about Marlee?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why was it so difficult to bring the jurors around to one verdict for Easter? Which jurors do you believe were justified in their opinions as to the verdict? Which jurors do you believe were not justified in their opinions as to the verdict? Why do you think this way?
Essay Topic 2
Do you believe the author did a good job at describing and defining the relationship between Marlee and Easter? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Why do you think Marlee will continue to watch Fitch's trials? Do you think this is fair of her? Why or why not?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)