|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Easter do that is expressly forbidden during the personal visit time?
2. What does Dr. Myra Sprawling-Goode say about advertising?
3. What does Easter do with the information that Millie shares with him?
4. How much money does Easter think they should give to Mrs. Wood?
5. How does Rohr practice his closing statements?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lonnie ask Easter and how does Easter respond?
2. What doesn't surprise Fitch that he learns about Marlee?
3. What happens when Hoppy arrives at the motel to visit with his wife, Millie and how does Millie respond?
4. What does Beverly tell Swanson about Claire?
5. What is Cleve's final decision about Derrick's demands for Angel's vote?
6. How do many of the jurors spend Sunday night, which they believe will be their last night being sequestered?
7. What does FBI Agent Alan Madden do with Napier and Nitchmann?
8. What happens after Derrick's brother bails him out of jail on his way to go and see Angel?
9. What does Beverly Monk wake up thinking about and what does it lead her to do?
10. What opinions on the verdict do Lonnie, Gladys and Angel have?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which jurors do you think would be/are the most difficult to persuade to vote a specific way? Why do you think they are more difficult? Do you think there are people who cannot be bought? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Do you think this novel has a basis in truth? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Fitch and Marlee's relationship is unique. Do you believe Fitch was a passive player in this relationship? Why or why not? Why do you think he withholds information from Marlee? How would you handle the same situation?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)