|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is an appropriate synonym for the word acclamation as used in the following sentence: Easter is elected foreman by acclamation.
2. Where do Easter and Marlee fly when they leave Grand Cayman?
3. What does Easter do to Herman's coffee?
4. What did the last defense witness, Dr. Olney, testify about?
5. What do the jurors celebrate before they head off to church?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Herman drinks the coffee that Easter spiked?
2. How long did Marlee and Easter work together to achieve this verdict?
3. What does Marlee order Fitch to do with the money?
4. What does Dr. McQuade testify about advertising and the tobacco companies?
5. What judgment does the jury present to the court?
6. How do many of the jurors spend Sunday night, which they believe will be their last night being sequestered?
7. What did Judge Harkin's instructions require the jurors to do?
8. What is Dr. Gunther's testimony about?
9. What does Marlee tell Fitch will happen if the money is not in the bank account before the verdict is read?
10. What does Marlee convince Fitch about in regards to Millie and the verdict?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you think the typical juror could be influenced in the same manner that the jurors in the novel were influenced? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Which jurors do you think would be/are the most difficult to persuade to vote a specific way? Why do you think they are more difficult? Do you think there are people who cannot be bought? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Fitch and Marlee's relationship is unique. Do you believe Fitch was a passive player in this relationship? Why or why not? Why do you think he withholds information from Marlee? How would you handle the same situation?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)