|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Cleve and Derrick meet to exchange the money?
2. How much money does Marlee ask Fitch for?
3. What does Easter do to Herman's coffee?
4. Which of the following is an appropriate synonym for the word acclamation as used in the following sentence: Easter is elected foreman by acclamation.
5. What do Cable and Rohr agree on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What judgment does the jury present to the court?
2. What doesn't surprise Fitch that he learns about Marlee?
3. What is Cleve's final decision about Derrick's demands for Angel's vote?
4. What does Marlee convince Fitch about in regards to Millie and the verdict?
5. What does FBI Agent Alan Madden do with Napier and Nitchmann?
6. What information does Beverly remember about Claire after she talks with Phoebe?
7. What happens back in the jury room and what does Mr. O'Reilly suggest?
8. What happens before the jury returns to the courtroom to deliver the verdict?
9. What does Lonnie ask Easter and how does Easter respond?
10. What is Dr. Myra Sprawling-Goode's specialty that she testifies about and where did she get her funding for this research?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways was the judge on this case influenced? Do you think the typical judge could be influenced in the same way(s)? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Why was it so difficult to bring the jurors around to one verdict for Easter? Which jurors do you believe were justified in their opinions as to the verdict? Which jurors do you believe were not justified in their opinions as to the verdict? Why do you think this way?
Essay Topic 3
Which jurors do you think would be/are the most difficult to persuade to vote a specific way? Why do you think they are more difficult? Do you think there are people who cannot be bought? Why or why not?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)