|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Herrera excused from the jury?
2. What does Marlee do when Fitch arrives at the apartment?
3. How many of the jurors (not counting Easter) say no when Easter asks who is willing to hold Pynex liable for the death of Wood?
4. How much money does Marlee ask Fitch for?
5. What do Napier and Nitchmann deny?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marlee convince Fitch about in regards to Millie and the verdict?
2. What happens back in the jury room and what does Mr. O'Reilly suggest?
3. What opinions on the verdict do Lonnie, Gladys and Angel have?
4. What does Beverly tell Swanson about Claire?
5. What doesn't surprise Fitch that he learns about Marlee?
6. What happens when Hoppy arrives at the motel to visit with his wife, Millie and how does Millie respond?
7. What does Easter do when he goes into Millie's room to meet with her and Hoppy?
8. How long did Marlee and Easter work together to achieve this verdict?
9. What happens after Herman drinks the coffee that Easter spiked?
10. What does Marlee order Fitch to do with the money?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what way was Judge Harkin self-important? Do you believe he was a fair judge? Why or why not? Do you believe he made mistakes? If so, what mistakes? If not, why not?
Essay Topic 2
How does the author use the narrator to help the reader gain insight into characters? Do you believe this was an effective process? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Do you believe the author did a good job at describing and defining the relationship between Marlee and Easter? Why or why not?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)