|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the jury debate whether it is just as addictive as cigarettes?
2. What happens when Derrick is driving to meet Angel?
3. Who does Marlee tell Fitch will be the next juror to go?
4. What information does Swanson get about Marlee from Beverly Monk?
5. Why does Beverly plan on going to visit a girl named Phoebe?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Marlee meets with Marcus for the second time?
2. How long did Marlee and Easter work together to achieve this verdict?
3. What did Judge Harkin's instructions require the jurors to do?
4. What is Cleve's final decision about Derrick's demands for Angel's vote?
5. What happens after Herman drinks the coffee that Easter spiked?
6. What opinions on the verdict do Lonnie, Gladys and Angel have?
7. What does Marcus report to Marlee has happened to the stocks he was watching for her?
8. What does Lonnie ask Easter and how does Easter respond?
9. What is Dr. Gunther's testimony about?
10. What does Beverly tell Swanson about Claire?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Marlee contacted both sides. Do you believe this was a good strategy? Why or why not? Do you think the lawyers for both sides reacted appropriate to her? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
In what way was Judge Harkin self-important? Do you believe he was a fair judge? Why or why not? Do you believe he made mistakes? If so, what mistakes? If not, why not?
Essay Topic 3
Why do you think Marlee plans on giving the money back? Do you think she will give back all money she made or just the money that Fitch originally wired to her? Why do you think this way?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)