|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is an appropriate synonym for the word acclamation as used in the following sentence: Easter is elected foreman by acclamation.
2. Which juror worries Easter?
3. How many of the jurors (not counting Easter) say no when Easter asks who is willing to hold Pynex liable for the death of Wood?
4. After figuring out the average about how much money does the jury believe should be awarded to Mrs. Wood?
5. Which juror claims loudly that he did not vote for this verdict?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you think the typical juror could be influenced in the same manner that the jurors in the novel were influenced? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay taking three of the main characters of the novel and describe their personalities. How do their personalities affect the outcome of the novel? Do you believe they are well described by the author? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Why do you think it was so important for Marlee to hide her past from Fitch? Do you agree with her that it was critical to keep that information secret? Why or why not?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)