|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What threat does Marlee make if anything goes wrong with the deal between her and Fitch?
2. Why does Millie go to the Party Room in the middle of the night?
3. What is Fitch hoping will happen while he sits in his office?
4. What does Easter promise when the Judge asks if they will come up with a verdict?
5. Where do Cleve and Derrick meet to exchange the money?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marcus report to Marlee has happened to the stocks he was watching for her?
2. What is Cleve's final decision about Derrick's demands for Angel's vote?
3. What does Beverly tell Swanson about Claire?
4. What did James Local (the private investigator) find out about Claire and what does he find out about Kerr?
5. What happens after Derrick's brother bails him out of jail on his way to go and see Angel?
6. What does Lonnie ask Easter and how does Easter respond?
7. What information does Beverly remember about Claire after she talks with Phoebe?
8. What does Easter do when he goes into Millie's room to meet with her and Hoppy?
9. What does FBI Agent Alan Madden do with Napier and Nitchmann?
10. How does Fitch feel once he has sent the fax confirming the money was been successfully sent?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways was the judge on this case influenced? Do you think the typical judge could be influenced in the same way(s)? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
How does the author use the narrator to help the reader gain insight into characters? Do you believe this was an effective process? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Marlee contacted both sides. Do you believe this was a good strategy? Why or why not? Do you think the lawyers for both sides reacted appropriate to her? Why or why not?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)