|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What opinion does the Colonel have about smoking?
2. When did most of the jurors begin smoking?
3. What profession does Millie Dupree's husband do?
4. What agency did Swanson previously work for?
5. What does Easter convince the jury to do before they sit down?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Fitch learn when he requests the jury records from two of his previous cases?
2. What three things does Easter bring to the Judges attention when he meets with him?
3. Who is pardoned by then challenges his dismissal and on what basis does he make this challenge?
4. What does Jankle testify to when he is called as a witness?
5. What information do the lawyers at Whitney, Cable and White have on Easter?
6. What does Cleve finally agree to as his terms for Derrick?
7. What does the document claim about Robilio that the agents give to Hoppy to show his wife in hopes of swaying her vote?
8. What are the jurors allowed to do during their lunch break that is different thanks to Easter and how does the jury feel about this change?
9. What happened to Leon Robilio as a result of smoking and how did he testify at the trial?
10. Why did Fitch hire Jumper to go with him when he is going to meet Marlee?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Make an evaluation as to how the author revealed the details about Easter and Marlee's relationship. Do you believe the information was revealed well? Why or why not? Do you feel the information was revealed at appropriate times? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Fitch and Marlee's relationship is unique. Do you believe Fitch was a passive player in this relationship? Why or why not? Why do you think he withholds information from Marlee? How would you handle the same situation?
Essay Topic 3
Marlee contacted both sides. Do you believe this was a good strategy? Why or why not? Do you think the lawyers for both sides reacted appropriate to her? Why or why not?
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)