|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the jury refuse to come out of the jury room when Dell calls them?
2. Where did Easter clerk after his first year of law school?
3. Why did Herman Grimes refuse to be forced off of his panel?
4. What kinds of questions does Nicholas Easter answer when he is talking to the woman in Burger King?
5. What overwhelms Shaver as he meets with Teaker, the CEO of Superhouse?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Small track down in regards to Marlee and what information does this person share?
2. What happens on Wednesday morning that causes the trial to hit a snag?
3. What information do the lawyers at Whitney, Cable and White have on Easter?
4. What does the conversation between Easter and Coleman consist of and what information does he tell her about?
5. What three things does Easter bring to the Judges attention when he meets with him?
6. What is the problem that Hoppy is told exists with the land deal that Ringwald proposes?
7. What does Cleve finally agree to as his terms for Derrick?
8. What happens when the FBI agents take Hoppy down to Dupree's office?
9. What does Easter tell the other members of the jury about lunch and how did he say he knew this information?
10. What are the jurors allowed to do during their lunch break that is different thanks to Easter and how does the jury feel about this change?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do you think the jury would have felt knowing that Fitch was recording them every day and watching them all of the time? How would you feel if put in this position? Do you agree with the actions Fitch took? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the book, both sides believed they were winning the case. What events led them to feel this way? Do you think they were each justified in their beliefs? Do you think Rohr was as aggressive as he should have been? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways was the judge on this case influenced? Do you think the typical judge could be influenced in the same way(s)? Why or why not?
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)