|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the beginning of Chapter 2 take place?
2. What promise does Lonnie make to Teaton?
3. What does Easter tell the other jurors in the jury room?
4. Why aren't the men hired by FItch able to continue pursuing Marlee as she gets on the plane?
5. Why did the lunch never show up?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Judge Harkin's instructions require the jurors to do?
2. What information about the trial do Ken and Ben share with Lonnie Shaver as before their meeting ends?
3. What does Beverly Monk wake up thinking about and what does it lead her to do?
4. What happens when the FBI agents take Hoppy down to Dupree's office?
5. What are Marlee's demands when she meets with Fitch?
6. What opinions on the verdict do Lonnie, Gladys and Angel have?
7. Who does Small track down in regards to Marlee and what information does this person share?
8. What do Fitch and Marlee talk about when they meet an hour after their first meeting?
9. How does Nicholas Easter go about completing the questionnaire he was given to complete?
10. What story does the Wall Street Journal run after Krigler's testimony?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways was the judge on this case influenced? Do you think the typical judge could be influenced in the same way(s)? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Do you think the typical juror could be influenced in the same manner that the jurors in the novel were influenced? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Why was it so difficult to bring the jurors around to one verdict for Easter? Which jurors do you believe were justified in their opinions as to the verdict? Which jurors do you believe were not justified in their opinions as to the verdict? Why do you think this way?
This section contains 1,368 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)