|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What promise does Lonnie make to Teaton?
2. What were the investigators able to track down in regards to the past of Marlee and Easter?
3. What does Kringler's testimony affect besides the jury?
4. What prediction is in the article in Mogul?
5. What is Nicholas Easter working on as Chapter 4 opens?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who has the jury selected to be the leader and how does the defense react to the decision?
2. What is the problem that Hoppy is told exists with the land deal that Ringwald proposes?
3. What happens on Wednesday morning that causes the trial to hit a snag?
4. What do Pang and Doyle do when FItch sends them to Easter's apartment?
5. What does Marlee tell Fitch when she calls him this time and then what is the next step she takes?
6. How and when did Easter and Marlee meet?
7. Why have the CEOs of the tobacco companies come together and what is it they created?
8. What information do the lawyers at Whitney, Cable and White have on Easter?
9. What three things does Easter bring to the Judges attention when he meets with him?
10. What story does the Wall Street Journal run after Krigler's testimony?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why was it so difficult to bring the jurors around to one verdict for Easter? Which jurors do you believe were justified in their opinions as to the verdict? Which jurors do you believe were not justified in their opinions as to the verdict? Why do you think this way?
Essay Topic 2
Do you think this novel has a basis in truth? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Make an evaluation as to how the author revealed the details about Easter and Marlee's relationship. Do you believe the information was revealed well? Why or why not? Do you feel the information was revealed at appropriate times? Why or why not?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)