|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Durr Cable offer in his own opening remarks?
2. Where did Easter clerk after his first year of law school?
3. What promise does Lonnie make to Teaton?
4. What does Marlee ask one of the deputies to do?
5. Why did Herman Grimes refuse to be forced off of his panel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Leon Robilio as a result of smoking and how did he testify at the trial?
2. Who has the jury selected to be the leader and how does the defense react to the decision?
3. What information do the lawyers at Whitney, Cable and White have on Easter?
4. What did all of the lawyers agree about in regards to Marlee after they received her fax?
5. What is the problem that Hoppy is told exists with the land deal that Ringwald proposes?
6. What are Marlee's demands when she meets with Fitch?
7. Who does Small track down in regards to Marlee and what information does this person share?
8. What does Fitch learn when he requests the jury records from two of his previous cases?
9. What does Easter tell the other members of the jury about lunch and how did he say he knew this information?
10. What does Marlee tell Fitch when she calls him this time and then what is the next step she takes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do you think Marlee plans on giving the money back? Do you think she will give back all money she made or just the money that Fitch originally wired to her? Why do you think this way?
Essay Topic 2
Make an evaluation as to how the author revealed the details about Easter and Marlee's relationship. Do you believe the information was revealed well? Why or why not? Do you feel the information was revealed at appropriate times? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Do you think this novel has a basis in truth? Why or why not?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)