|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Marlee request an immediate interview with Fitch?
2. What does Marlee tell Rohr's secretary to do?
3. Why doesn't Stella leave the hotel room for most of her trip when she and her husband go to Miami?
4. How does the author describe the replacement of Stella with Phillip?
5. What offer does Shaver receive when he calls in to talk to the CEO of SuperHouse?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Derrick's brother bails him out of jail on his way to go and see Angel?
2. What information does Beverly remember about Claire after she talks with Phoebe?
3. What does Marlee order Fitch to do with the money?
4. What does Jankle testify to when he is called as a witness?
5. What happens after Herman drinks the coffee that Easter spiked?
6. What does Beverly tell Swanson about Claire?
7. What are the jurors allowed to do during their lunch break that is different thanks to Easter and how does the jury feel about this change?
8. What happens before the jury returns to the courtroom to deliver the verdict?
9. What happens when Hoppy arrives at the motel to visit with his wife, Millie and how does Millie respond?
10. What does Cleve finally agree to as his terms for Derrick?
Essay Topic 1
In what way was Judge Harkin self-important? Do you believe he was a fair judge? Why or why not? Do you believe he made mistakes? If so, what mistakes? If not, why not?
Essay Topic 2
Do you believe the author did a good job at describing and defining the relationship between Marlee and Easter? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Do you think this novel has a basis in truth? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,437 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)