|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the jury refuse to come out of the jury room when Dell calls them?
2. What kinds of questions does Nicholas Easter answer when he is talking to the woman in Burger King?
3. What demographic group does Robilio say the tobacco industry targeted?
4. What profession does Millie Dupree's husband do?
5. Who leaves a message at Hoppy's office for Hoppy to contact him as soon as possible?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Easter tell the other members of the jury about lunch and how did he say he knew this information?
2. What is the problem that Hoppy is told exists with the land deal that Ringwald proposes?
3. What does the document claim about Robilio that the agents give to Hoppy to show his wife in hopes of swaying her vote?
4. What are the jurors allowed to do during their lunch break that is different thanks to Easter and how does the jury feel about this change?
5. What did all of the lawyers agree about in regards to Marlee after they received her fax?
6. Who has the jury selected to be the leader and how does the defense react to the decision?
7. Why did Fitch hire Jumper to go with him when he is going to meet Marlee?
8. Why have the CEOs of the tobacco companies come together and what is it they created?
9. What does Fitch learn when he requests the jury records from two of his previous cases?
10. What does the conversation between Easter and Coleman consist of and what information does he tell her about?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the main intention of Marlee and Easter? Why do you think they had this intention? Do you think their reasons were justified? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Why do you think Marlee plans on giving the money back? Do you think she will give back all money she made or just the money that Fitch originally wired to her? Why do you think this way?
Essay Topic 3
Do you think this novel has a basis in truth? Why or why not?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)