|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Stella leave the hotel room for most of her trip when she and her husband go to Miami?
2. What does Easter do while Dr. Kilvan is giving his testimony?
3. How many tobacco companies have come together to create the fund?
4. What does Easter's note to the judge request?
5. What prediction is in the article in Mogul?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why have the CEOs of the tobacco companies come together and what is it they created?
2. What happens on Wednesday morning that causes the trial to hit a snag?
3. Who does Small track down in regards to Marlee and what information does this person share?
4. What does the conversation between Easter and Coleman consist of and what information does he tell her about?
5. What are the jurors allowed to do during their lunch break that is different thanks to Easter and how does the jury feel about this change?
6. What happened to Leon Robilio as a result of smoking and how did he testify at the trial?
7. What did all of the lawyers agree about in regards to Marlee after they received her fax?
8. How does Nicholas Easter go about completing the questionnaire he was given to complete?
9. What information do the lawyers at Whitney, Cable and White have on Easter?
10. What is the problem that Hoppy is told exists with the land deal that Ringwald proposes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways was the judge on this case influenced? Do you think the typical judge could be influenced in the same way(s)? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
How do you think the jury would have felt knowing that Fitch was recording them every day and watching them all of the time? How would you feel if put in this position? Do you agree with the actions Fitch took? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Make an evaluation as to how the author revealed the details about Easter and Marlee's relationship. Do you believe the information was revealed well? Why or why not? Do you feel the information was revealed at appropriate times? Why or why not?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)