|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Fernanadez and Easter head when they sneak out of the motel?
2. What does Wendall Rohr promise to prove in his opening statement?
3. What does Marlee ask one of the deputies to do?
4. How many tobacco companies have come together to create the fund?
5. Why does the jury refuse to come out of the jury room when Dell calls them?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dr. Ueuker testimony reveal and why is it cut short?
2. What information do the lawyers at Whitney, Cable and White have on Easter?
3. Who is pardoned by then challenges his dismissal and on what basis does he make this challenge?
4. What information about the trial do Ken and Ben share with Lonnie Shaver as before their meeting ends?
5. What happened to Leon Robilio as a result of smoking and how did he testify at the trial?
6. Who has the jury selected to be the leader and how does the defense react to the decision?
7. Why did Fitch hire Jumper to go with him when he is going to meet Marlee?
8. What did all of the lawyers agree about in regards to Marlee after they received her fax?
9. What does the conversation between Easter and Coleman consist of and what information does he tell her about?
10. What do Pang and Doyle do when FItch sends them to Easter's apartment?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what way was Judge Harkin self-important? Do you believe he was a fair judge? Why or why not? Do you believe he made mistakes? If so, what mistakes? If not, why not?
Essay Topic 2
How does the author use the narrator to help the reader gain insight into characters? Do you believe this was an effective process? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Do you think the typical juror could be influenced in the same manner that the jurors in the novel were influenced? Why or why not?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)