|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not true about the character Carl Nussman?
2. Why does Fitch want to find the girl who wrote the note?
3. What does Durr Cable offer in his own opening remarks?
4. Who is Celeste?
5. What profession does Millie Dupree's husband do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Beverly tell Swanson about Claire?
2. What happens when Hoppy arrives at the motel to visit with his wife, Millie and how does Millie respond?
3. What does Marcus report to Marlee has happened to the stocks he was watching for her?
4. What does Marlee order Fitch to do with the money?
5. What information does Beverly remember about Claire after she talks with Phoebe?
6. How long did Marlee and Easter work together to achieve this verdict?
7. What information do the lawyers at Whitney, Cable and White have on Easter?
8. What are Marlee's demands when she meets with Fitch?
9. What does Marlee tell Fitch will happen if the money is not in the bank account before the verdict is read?
10. What opinions on the verdict do Lonnie, Gladys and Angel have?
Essay Topic 1
Do you think the typical juror could be influenced in the same manner that the jurors in the novel were influenced? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay taking three of the main characters of the novel and describe their personalities. How do their personalities affect the outcome of the novel? Do you believe they are well described by the author? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Do you think this novel has a basis in truth? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,300 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)