|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the woman who runs into Nicholas Easter at Burger King do?
2. When did most of the jurors begin smoking?
3. What is the note about that Harkin gives to the judge once the trial resumes?
4. What profession does Millie Dupree's husband do?
5. What is Nicholas Easter working on as Chapter 4 opens?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who has the jury selected to be the leader and how does the defense react to the decision?
2. What are Marlee's demands when she meets with Fitch?
3. What is the problem that Hoppy is told exists with the land deal that Ringwald proposes?
4. What does Easter tell the other members of the jury about lunch and how did he say he knew this information?
5. What happened to Leon Robilio as a result of smoking and how did he testify at the trial?
6. How and when did Easter and Marlee meet?
7. What information do the lawyers at Whitney, Cable and White have on Easter?
8. Why did Fitch hire Jumper to go with him when he is going to meet Marlee?
9. How does Nicholas Easter go about completing the questionnaire he was given to complete?
10. What message does Marlee provide to Fitch when she calls him on Monday morning?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which jurors do you think would be/are the most difficult to persuade to vote a specific way? Why do you think they are more difficult? Do you think there are people who cannot be bought? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay taking three of the main characters of the novel and describe their personalities. How do their personalities affect the outcome of the novel? Do you believe they are well described by the author? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
How do you think the jury would have felt knowing that Fitch was recording them every day and watching them all of the time? How would you feel if put in this position? Do you agree with the actions Fitch took? Why or why not?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)