|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Beverly plan on going to visit a girl named Phoebe?
(a) To learn about Jeff Kerr.
(b) To take her to meet with Fitch.
(c) To find out more about Claire's background.
(d) To try to find out if Swanson is there.
2. What does Judge Harkin do before he releases the jury?
(a) Gives a lengthy thank you.
(b) Asks them to return to the box and reconsider.
(c) Talks to the attorneys.
(d) Asks each juror to confirm the vote.
3. Who called Phoebe looking for information about Claire?
(d) Jeff Kerr.
4. What profession does Dr. McQuade practice?
(a) Behavioral psychologist.
(b) Advertising agent.
(d) Cancer specialist.
5. What does Dr. McQuade testify is true?
(a) Smokers do not believe in the company advertising.
(b) Smokers have no control over their choices.
(c) Smokers make informed choices about buying cigarettes.
(d) Smokers are an uneducated and uninformed population.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marlee do after she lets Easter know she has the money?
2. Where is Fitch when the verdict is read?
3. What does Dr. Myra Sprawling-Goode say about advertising?
4. What suggestion does Easter make to get through the thousands of pages of reports that were entered into evidence?
5. What do Marlee and Easter do while they are on the plane?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens before the jury returns to the courtroom to deliver the verdict?
2. What is Dr. Myra Sprawling-Goode's specialty that she testifies about and where did she get her funding for this research?
3. What does Marlee order Fitch to do with the money?
4. What does Marlee tell Fitch will happen if the money is not in the bank account before the verdict is read?
5. What is Cleve's final decision about Derrick's demands for Angel's vote?
6. What does Marlee convince Fitch about in regards to Millie and the verdict?
7. What judgment does the jury present to the court?
8. What did James Local (the private investigator) find out about Claire and what does he find out about Kerr?
9. What do Fitch and Marlee talk about when they meet an hour after their first meeting?
10. What happens when Hoppy arrives at the motel to visit with his wife, Millie and how does Millie respond?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)