|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Fitch want to find the girl who wrote the note?
(a) Because she lied to him.
(b) Because they want to hire her.
(c) Because the information in the note was accurate.
(d) Because she is ruining their case.
2. What do Ken and Ben make clear to Lonnie?
(a) He cannot afford to be on the jury.
(b) They are planning of firing him.
(c) They think jury duty is a waste of time.
(d) His job is in their hands.
3. Where did Easter clerk after his first year of law school?
(a) For Marlee's father who owns a tobacco company.
(b) A judge presiding over a tobacco case.
(c) A law firm working to prosecute a tobacco company.
(d) A law firm working to defend a tobacco company.
4. What prediction is in the article in Mogul?
(a) Plaintiffs are scrambling at the last minute.
(b) Plaintiffs are very satisfied with their case.
(c) Tobacco companies are worried.
(d) Tobacco companies could lose everything.
5. Why did the lunch never show up?
(a) Because someone gave the deli the wrong time.
(b) Because Judge Harkin canceled it.
(c) Because Easter had it delayed.
(d) Because the deli got the date wrong.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Nicholas Easter working on as Chapter 4 opens?
2. Where does the beginning of Chapter 2 take place?
3. What progress pleased Fitch from over the weekend?
4. What does Easter tell the other jurors in the jury room?
5. What does Easter convince the jury to do before they sit down?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the document claim about Robilio that the agents give to Hoppy to show his wife in hopes of swaying her vote?
2. What happened to Leon Robilio as a result of smoking and how did he testify at the trial?
3. What does Easter tell the other members of the jury about lunch and how did he say he knew this information?
4. Why have the CEOs of the tobacco companies come together and what is it they created?
5. What happens when the FBI agents take Hoppy down to Dupree's office?
6. What does Cleve finally agree to as his terms for Derrick?
7. What information about the trial do Ken and Ben share with Lonnie Shaver as before their meeting ends?
8. What are the jurors allowed to do during their lunch break that is different thanks to Easter and how does the jury feel about this change?
9. What story does the Wall Street Journal run after Krigler's testimony?
10. Who does Small track down in regards to Marlee and what information does this person share?
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)