|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What demographic group does Robilio say the tobacco industry targeted?
(c) Middle-aged people.
2. What is Nicholas Easter working on as Chapter 4 opens?
(a) Research on the lawyers on the case.
(b) Plan for making sure he will be picked for the jury.
(c) Jury selection questionaire.
(d) His medical history questionaire.
3. What offer does Shaver receive when he calls in to talk to the CEO of SuperHouse?
(a) A bribe to ensure they tobacco companies win.
(b) A job in Charlotte with a corner office.
(c) A huge pay raise in his salary.
(d) An offer for a bonus upon retirement.
4. In what city will this court case be taking place?
5. What information does Fitch uncover on Rikki Coleman?
(a) She does not get along with the other jurors.
(b) She previously accepted a bribe.
(c) She had an abortion before meeting her husband.
(d) She regularly cheats on her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Fitch waiting for nervously in his office?
2. What is the pretense the judge has for having a private meeting with Easter?
3. Why does the judge continue to dismiss people from the courtroom as the scene shifts to the courtroom?
4. Why doesn't Stella leave the hotel room for most of her trip when she and her husband go to Miami?
5. What does Easter convince the jury to do before they sit down?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Fitch hire Jumper to go with him when he is going to meet Marlee?
2. Why have the CEOs of the tobacco companies come together and what is it they created?
3. What does Easter tell the other members of the jury about lunch and how did he say he knew this information?
4. Who is pardoned by then challenges his dismissal and on what basis does he make this challenge?
5. What does the document claim about Robilio that the agents give to Hoppy to show his wife in hopes of swaying her vote?
6. What did all of the lawyers agree about in regards to Marlee after they received her fax?
7. What does Fitch learn when he requests the jury records from two of his previous cases?
8. What does Cleve finally agree to as his terms for Derrick?
9. What does Marlee tell Fitch when she calls him this time and then what is the next step she takes?
10. What happens on Wednesday morning that causes the trial to hit a snag?
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)