|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the investigators able to track down in regards to the past of Marlee and Easter?
(a) One of the Marlee's waitress friends.
(b) One of Easter's law school buddies.
(c) One of the Easter's relatives.
(d) One of Marlee's relatives.
2. What product does Jankle compare his company's advertising budget with?
3. What stance does Durwood Cable take as he begins to talk to the potential jurors?
(a) That they must be willing to settle for large payouts.
(b) That jurors must believe the defense more than the plaintiff.
(c) That smoking is addictive.
(d) That people choose to smoke.
4. Why does it seem that SuperHouse is interested in the case Shaver is on the jury for?
(a) Their company makes a lot of money from tobacco sales.
(b) They are partially owned by one of the CEOs of the tobacco companies.
(c) They realize that Shaver can be bribed.
(d) They want Shaver to tell them how this type of litagation works.
5. How much had it cost Fitch to hire the agents and Ringwald?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marlee ask one of the deputies to do?
2. Where does the beginning of Chapter 2 take place?
3. What is Nicholas Easter working on as Chapter 4 opens?
4. Why does the judge continue to dismiss people from the courtroom as the scene shifts to the courtroom?
5. What opinion does the Colonel have about smoking?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marlee tell Fitch when she calls him this time and then what is the next step she takes?
2. Who is pardoned by then challenges his dismissal and on what basis does he make this challenge?
3. What does the document claim about Robilio that the agents give to Hoppy to show his wife in hopes of swaying her vote?
4. What happened to Leon Robilio as a result of smoking and how did he testify at the trial?
5. What did all of the lawyers agree about in regards to Marlee after they received her fax?
6. Who has the jury selected to be the leader and how does the defense react to the decision?
7. What are Marlee's demands when she meets with Fitch?
8. What information do the lawyers at Whitney, Cable and White have on Easter?
9. What happens on Wednesday morning that causes the trial to hit a snag?
10. What happens when the FBI agents take Hoppy down to Dupree's office?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)