|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What new demand does Maple make as he meets with Cleve?
(a) An increase of the amount per vote he wants.
(b) Money up front for one vote and deposits for the others.
(c) A lump sum of money regardless of how many votes he can get.
(d) All of the money up front for five votes.
2. After figuring out the average about how much money does the jury believe should be awarded to Mrs. Wood?
(a) Four hundred million dollars.
(b) Four million dollars.
(c) Four hundred and two million dollars.
(d) Two million dollars.
3. What does the jury debate whether it is just as addictive as cigarettes?
4. Why does Beverly plan on going to visit a girl named Phoebe?
(a) To find out more about Claire's background.
(b) To learn about Jeff Kerr.
(c) To take her to meet with Fitch.
(d) To try to find out if Swanson is there.
5. What do Henry and Easter agree about when they discuss the trial?
(a) That the testimony is boring.
(b) That they have already reached a decision.
(c) That the tobacco side seems to be winning.
(d) That a mistrial would be disastrous.
6. What does Judge Harkin do before he releases the jury?
(a) Asks them to return to the box and reconsider.
(b) Asks each juror to confirm the vote.
(c) Talks to the attorneys.
(d) Gives a lengthy thank you.
7. How much money does Swanson offer to pay Beverly for the new information about Claire?
8. What does Dr. McQuade testify is true?
(a) Smokers have no control over their choices.
(b) Smokers do not believe in the company advertising.
(c) Smokers are an uneducated and uninformed population.
(d) Smokers make informed choices about buying cigarettes.
9. Why does Easter send another note to the judge before the verdict is read?
(a) He needs to talk to the judge privately again.
(b) He wants protection after the verdict.
(c) He wants to thank the judge for his help.
(d) He asks the judge to clear the courtroom.
10. How long does Swanson have to wait for Beverly to show up for their meeting?
(a) 8 hours.
(b) 1 hour.
(c) 6 hours.
(d) 4 hours.
11. Why does Marcus ask Marlee to stop at 22 million when they are buying and trading stocks?
(a) Because the prices seem to be dropping and he wants to stay safe.
(b) Because any ore would need approval from upper management.
(c) Because he knows that the market is closing and they will not be able to trade any longer.
(d) Because they are asking for trouble if they continue.
12. Who accompanies Easter back to his apartment complex?
(d) No one.
13. What does Christiano tell Hoppy he has to do the next time he visits Millie?
(a) Show her the document again and talk about the case.
(b) Get her to show the document to other jurors.
(c) Convince her to change her vote and come clean.
(d) Tell her that his life relies on the vote she makes.
14. What does the letter ask for that Easter sends to the judge?
(a) That the judge meet with each juror individually.
(b) That the trial continue on Saturday.
(c) That the trial end today.
(d) That the jury get more free time.
15. What do Napier and Nitchmann deny?
(a) That they claimed to be FBI agents.
(b) That they are there to talk about the trial.
(c) That they know Hoppy.
(d) That they were doing anything wrong.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of the jurors (not counting Easter) say no when Easter asks who is willing to hold Pynex liable for the death of Wood?
2. What is Dr. Myra Sprawling-Goode 's specialty?
3. What does Easter tell Marlee when he calls her?
4. What does Marlee do after she lets Easter know she has the money?
5. What does Fitch come clean about during his last meeting with Marlee?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)