|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Marcus ask Marlee to stop at 22 million when they are buying and trading stocks?
(a) Because they are asking for trouble if they continue.
(b) Because the prices seem to be dropping and he wants to stay safe.
(c) Because any ore would need approval from upper management.
(d) Because he knows that the market is closing and they will not be able to trade any longer.
2. What do Cable and Rohr agree on?
(a) They both think their closing arguments will decide the case.
(b) They both think the other one will win.
(c) They both think they can buy the jury votes.
(d) They both think they've won the case.
3. Why does Rohr write the amount $800,000,000 on the whiteboard?
(a) This is how much cash Pynex has.
(b) This is how much Wood's life was deemed worth.
(c) This is how much he thinks is fair.
(d) This is how much he is allowed to ask for by law.
4. What does Marlee do after she lets Easter know she has the money?
(a) Drives to the courthouse.
(b) Rents a car and drives cross country.
(c) Heads to the airport.
(d) Checks into a new motel.
5. Who does Fitch tell Marlee may already be on their side?
6. What does Fitch do to confirm that the transfer was completed per Marlee's instructions?
(a) Call Marlee and leaves a message on her phone.
(b) Place confirmation in a special secret location.
(c) Faxes confirmation to Easter at the motel.
(d) Drop off confirmation with Marlee.
7. Which of the following is an appropriate synonym for the word acclamation as used in the following sentence: Easter is elected foreman by acclamation.
8. What does the letter ask for that Easter sends to the judge?
(a) That the judge meet with each juror individually.
(b) That the trial end today.
(c) That the trial continue on Saturday.
(d) That the jury get more free time.
9. What information did Swanson find out about the people he believes to be Marlee's parents?
(a) They died of lung cancer.
(b) They were researches on smoking issues.
(c) They were doctors specializing in lung disease.
(d) They had tobacco farms.
10. Why does Millie go to the Party Room in the middle of the night?
(a) She wants to talk to Easter alone.
(b) She needs to work out to relieve her stress.
(c) She can't sleep because of what her husband says.
(d) She wants to watch some television.
11. What are the jurors allowed to do that they previously had not been allowed to do previously?
(a) Attend their church services unsupervised.
(b) Listen to the case long past midnight.
(c) Watch a movie together.
(d) Have personal visits.
12. How much money does Cleve give to Derrick?
13. What does Christiano tell Hoppy he has to do the next time he visits Millie?
(a) Tell her that his life relies on the vote she makes.
(b) Convince her to change her vote and come clean.
(c) Show her the document again and talk about the case.
(d) Get her to show the document to other jurors.
14. What does Judge Harkin do before he releases the jury?
(a) Gives a lengthy thank you.
(b) Talks to the attorneys.
(c) Asks each juror to confirm the vote.
(d) Asks them to return to the box and reconsider.
15. What does Easter promise when the Judge asks if they will come up with a verdict?
(a) They will need more time.
(b) There will be one that evening.
(c) They have one ready for the judge.
(d) They will never be able to agree.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fitch consider doing when he gets the call from Swanson about Marlee's past, but then disregards doing?
2. How long does Swanson have to wait for Beverly to show up for their meeting?
3. What does Judge Harkin arrange before he reconvenes court?
4. What is the jury vote on whether or not nicotine is addictive?
5. What does Dr. Myra Sprawling-Goode say about advertising?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)