|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Judge release the jury early for the day?
(a) Easter requested that it end early today.
(b) He has an appointment for the day.
(c) The plaintiff lawyers asked for this to happen.
(d) He needs to hear some motions.
2. What progress pleased Fitch from over the weekend?
(a) Shaver's meeting in Charlotte.
(b) Hulic's reaction to being followed.
(c) Easter's part in the trial.
(d) The information shared by Marlee.
3. How many of the jurors' medical records was Fitch able to secure?
(a) 7 out of 12.
(b) 3 out of 12.
(c) 11 out of 12.
(d) 5 out of 12.
4. Why do you think the CEOs have decided to work with Fitch?
(a) He knows all of the jurors personally.
(b) He used to be one of the CEOs.
(c) He is a smoker.
(d) He won 8 trials without a loss.
5. Where does a bus take the jurors?
(d) New Orleans.
6. What does Easter ask of the judge when he tells them that they will not be needed the next day?
(a) That they be allowed to have family visit.
(b) That they be allowed to visit their homes.
(c) That they be allowed to go on an outing.
(d) That they be allowed to watch television.
7. Why is Small sent to Lawrence by Fitch?
(a) To investigate Easter.
(b) To investigate Marlee.
(c) To check on Rohr's next witness.
(d) To find information on another juror.
8. What does the woman who runs into Nicholas Easter at Burger King do?
(a) Escorts him back to the courthouse.
(b) Records their conversation.
(c) Buys him lunch.
(d) Asks him to start dating her.
9. What is the note about that Harkin gives to the judge once the trial resumes?
(a) The man who broke into his apartment is in the courtroom.
(b) They should be allowed to arrive late if court is delayed.
(c) The jury wants their walks to happen also during delays.
(d) The jury was talking about jury tampering during the recess.
10. What does Marlee tell Rohr's secretary to do?
(a) That Easter is having private conversations.
(b) That she should make sure that Rohr takes her next call.
(c) Tell Rohr to keep an eye on Fitch.
(d) Watch for an important fax with important information.
11. What does Easter convince the jury to do before they sit down?
(a) Take in their own personal reading material.
(b) Color coordinate their shirts the next day.
(c) Say the Pledge of Allegiance.
(d) Stare at the woman sitting in the second row.
12. What did Krigler's research discover?
(a) A way to make nicotine not addictive.
(b) A way to grow tobacco with less nicotine.
(c) A way to make cigarettes more expensive.
(d) A way to make smoking healthier.
13. What is Nicholas Easter working on as Chapter 4 opens?
(a) His medical history questionaire.
(b) Research on the lawyers on the case.
(c) Plan for making sure he will be picked for the jury.
(d) Jury selection questionaire.
14. Who leaves a message at Hoppy's office for Hoppy to contact him as soon as possible?
15. Where does Fitch go to meet with Marlee?
(c) New Orleans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Marlee request an immediate interview with Fitch?
2. Where did Easter clerk after his first year of law school?
3. Why aren't the men hired by FItch able to continue pursuing Marlee as she gets on the plane?
4. Which of the following is not something Fitch was able to retrieve from the items stolen from Easter's apartment?
5. Why did Herman Grimes refuse to be forced off of his panel?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)