|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kringler's testimony affect besides the jury?
(a) Fitch's meeting with the CEOs.
(b) Marlee's plan for what to do next.
(c) Rohr's plan for who will testify next.
(d) Pynex's stock price.
2. How does the author describe the replacement of Stella with Phillip?
(a) A person who needs to be watched.
(b) A new person who can easily be swayed.
(c) A nightmare for both sides.
(d) A vote for the defense.
3. What is on the video that the jury watches after lunch?
(a) How cigarettes are made.
(b) What lungs look like from long-time smokers.
(c) Jacob Wood before he passed away.
(d) How cigarettes are addictive and what it does to the body.
4. What kinds of questions does Nicholas Easter answer when he is talking to the woman in Burger King?
(a) Questions about his willingness to accept bribes.
(b) Questions about his financial status.
(c) Questions about his attitude about smoking and smokers.
(d) Questions about his morals and values.
5. How does Fitch confirm that David Lancaster, Perry Hirsch and Easter are all the same man?
(a) DNA expert.
(b) Marlee shares the information.
(c) Medical records.
(d) Handwriting expert.
6. In what city will this court case be taking place?
7. Who does Easter tell the jury Ginger is?
(a) Jury consultant.
(b) Woman recording them.
(d) Tobacco CEO.
8. Why did the lunch never show up?
(a) Because the deli got the date wrong.
(b) Because Judge Harkin canceled it.
(c) Because Easter had it delayed.
(d) Because someone gave the deli the wrong time.
9. Which of the following is not something Fitch was able to retrieve from the items stolen from Easter's apartment?
(a) A summary of news items about the tobacco industry.
(b) Letter to his mother, signed by Jeff.
(c) A summary of information about Fitch.
(d) Bad poetry.
10. Why does Marlee request an immediate interview with Fitch?
(a) To threaten him if he continues to follow her.
(b) To tell him to stay out of her past.
(c) To ask him for more money.
(d) To tell him that she is dealing with Rohr.
11. What is Nicholas Easter working on as Chapter 4 opens?
(a) Jury selection questionaire.
(b) Plan for making sure he will be picked for the jury.
(c) His medical history questionaire.
(d) Research on the lawyers on the case.
12. Who leaves a message at Hoppy's office for Hoppy to contact him as soon as possible?
13. Where does Fitch go to meet with Marlee?
(c) New Orleans.
14. How many tobacco companies have come together to create the fund?
15. How many of the jurors' medical records was Fitch able to secure?
(a) 5 out of 12.
(b) 11 out of 12.
(c) 7 out of 12.
(d) 3 out of 12.
Short Answer Questions
1. What offer does Shaver receive when he calls in to talk to the CEO of SuperHouse?
2. When did most of the jurors begin smoking?
3. What does Easter ask of the judge when he tells them that they will not be needed the next day?
4. What agency did Swanson previously work for?
5. What happens when Hoppy opens the door Saturday morning after he visits with his wife?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)