|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Marlee tell Fitch that Rohr is worried about the damage he can do?
(a) Because Rohr knows that Fitch is dishonest.
(b) Because Rohr believes in his cause and wants to win.
(c) Because Fitch has more money to do damage.
(d) Because Fitch doesn't want to lose.
2. What is Fitch waiting for nervously in his office?
(a) Court to start for the day.
(b) Easter to send him a note.
(c) Marlee to call him.
(d) His briefcase to be moved.
3. Which of the following is not true about the character Carl Nussman?
(b) Works for the plaintiffs.
(c) Jury selection consultant.
(d) Presents dossier's on jurors.
4. What does Vandemeer ask Fitch if he has?
(a) Enough influence over the jury.
(b) The background information on Marlee.
(c) Control over Jankle.
(d) The information about all of the jurors.
5. Why does Fitch get excited when he sees Fernandez holding a copy of Sports Illustrated?
(a) He realizes the jury can be bought.
(b) He knows the jury is distracted and not focused on the case.
(c) It was a special signal just between Fernandez and Fitch.
(d) He knows that Marlee is a liar.
6. Which of the following characters is a closet smoker?
(a) Nicholas Easter.
(b) Rankin Fitch.
(c) Traci Wilkes.
(d) Carl Nussman.
7. What promise does Lonnie make to Teaton?
(a) To give the company his all his efforts when the trial is over.
(b) To continue to work at night.
(c) To do what he can in regards to the verdict.
(d) To keep Teaton updated about the jury's voting.
8. What is the pretense the judge has for having a private meeting with Easter?
(a) To see if things are okay after the fire.
(b) To talk about his meeting with Marlee.
(c) To ask him about the upcoming lunches.
(d) To ask about the other jurors.
9. What happens when Hoppy opens the door Saturday morning after he visits with his wife?
(a) Ringwald is there with the money.
(b) Hull is there to back out of the plans.
(c) His wife is there crying.
(d) The FBI is there to ask him questions.
10. What does Hull tell Hoppy that the money he requested is for?
(a) His son's consulting fee.
(b) The necessary startup costs.
(c) The license fees.
(d) His required bribe.
11. Where do Fernanadez and Easter head when they sneak out of the motel?
(a) Individual homes.
12. Where did Easter clerk after his first year of law school?
(a) A law firm working to prosecute a tobacco company.
(b) A judge presiding over a tobacco case.
(c) A law firm working to defend a tobacco company.
(d) For Marlee's father who owns a tobacco company.
13. What does Wendall Rohr promise to prove in his opening statement?
(a) That smoking is not addictive.
(b) That smoking is addictive.
(c) That smoking causes cancer.
(d) That smoking does not cause cancer.
14. How many of the jurors' medical records was Fitch able to secure?
(a) 11 out of 12.
(b) 5 out of 12.
(c) 7 out of 12.
(d) 3 out of 12.
15. What were the investigators able to track down in regards to the past of Marlee and Easter?
(a) One of the Marlee's waitress friends.
(b) One of Easter's law school buddies.
(c) One of the Easter's relatives.
(d) One of Marlee's relatives.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city will this court case be taking place?
2. How much of the winnings does Derrick ask for?
3. Which of the following is not something Fitch was able to retrieve from the items stolen from Easter's apartment?
4. Where does the beginning of Chapter 2 take place?
5. Why does Marlee request an immediate interview with Fitch?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)