|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Easter tell the other jurors in the jury room?
(a) That a woman is tape recording them.
(b) He has been followed.
(c) That he was personally offered a bribe.
(d) In other trials jurors had been tampered with.
2. What does Easter convince the jury to do before they sit down?
(a) Color coordinate their shirts the next day.
(b) Stare at the woman sitting in the second row.
(c) Say the Pledge of Allegiance.
(d) Take in their own personal reading material.
3. What does Marlee ask one of the deputies to do?
(a) Give an envelope to the judge.
(b) Give an envelope to Durr.
(c) Give an envelope to Easter.
(d) Give an envelope to Fitch.
4. What is Nicholas Easter working on as Chapter 4 opens?
(a) Research on the lawyers on the case.
(b) Plan for making sure he will be picked for the jury.
(c) His medical history questionaire.
(d) Jury selection questionaire.
5. Why does it seem that SuperHouse is interested in the case Shaver is on the jury for?
(a) They realize that Shaver can be bribed.
(b) They want Shaver to tell them how this type of litagation works.
(c) Their company makes a lot of money from tobacco sales.
(d) They are partially owned by one of the CEOs of the tobacco companies.
6. What is the note about that Harkin gives to the judge once the trial resumes?
(a) The jury was talking about jury tampering during the recess.
(b) The jury wants their walks to happen also during delays.
(c) The man who broke into his apartment is in the courtroom.
(d) They should be allowed to arrive late if court is delayed.
7. What promise does Lonnie make to Teaton?
(a) To give the company his all his efforts when the trial is over.
(b) To do what he can in regards to the verdict.
(c) To keep Teaton updated about the jury's voting.
(d) To continue to work at night.
8. While the jurors are waiting for court to start, how do they mostly divide up into groups?
9. Why does the judge continue to dismiss people from the courtroom as the scene shifts to the courtroom?
(a) Medical reasons.
(b) Lawyer complaints.
(c) Inability to complete the questionaires.
(d) Arguments among each other.
10. Who leaves a message at Hoppy's office for Hoppy to contact him as soon as possible?
11. What kinds of questions does Nicholas Easter answer when he is talking to the woman in Burger King?
(a) Questions about his willingness to accept bribes.
(b) Questions about his attitude about smoking and smokers.
(c) Questions about his financial status.
(d) Questions about his morals and values.
12. What does Vandemeer ask Fitch if he has?
(a) The information about all of the jurors.
(b) Enough influence over the jury.
(c) The background information on Marlee.
(d) Control over Jankle.
13. What opinion does the Colonel have about smoking?
(a) He has already made up his mind about the case.
(b) He thinks giving it up just takes willpower.
(c) He believes it is very addictive.
(d) He thinks that it cannot kill you.
14. What does Dr. Kilvan spend his testimony sharing with the jury?
(a) Mortality rates of smokers versus non-smokers.
(b) The amount of cigarettes it takes to become addicted.
(c) The effects of nicotine on the lungs.
(d) The addictive nature of smoking.
15. What is on the video that the jury watches after lunch?
(a) How cigarettes are made.
(b) Jacob Wood before he passed away.
(c) What lungs look like from long-time smokers.
(d) How cigarettes are addictive and what it does to the body.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Fitch confirm that David Lancaster, Perry Hirsch and Easter are all the same man?
2. What men does Fitch call off?
3. How much had it cost Fitch to hire the agents and Ringwald?
4. Where does Fitch go to meet with Marlee?
5. What is clear after the cross examination of Jankley by Rohr?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)