|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not something Fitch was able to retrieve from the items stolen from Easter's apartment?
(a) Letter to his mother, signed by Jeff.
(b) A summary of news items about the tobacco industry.
(c) Bad poetry.
(d) A summary of information about Fitch.
2. What is the note about that Harkin gives to the judge once the trial resumes?
(a) The jury was talking about jury tampering during the recess.
(b) The man who broke into his apartment is in the courtroom.
(c) The jury wants their walks to happen also during delays.
(d) They should be allowed to arrive late if court is delayed.
3. What prediction is in the article in Mogul?
(a) Plaintiffs are very satisfied with their case.
(b) Tobacco companies are worried.
(c) Plaintiffs are scrambling at the last minute.
(d) Tobacco companies could lose everything.
4. How many tobacco companies have come together to create the fund?
5. Where did Easter clerk after his first year of law school?
(a) A judge presiding over a tobacco case.
(b) For Marlee's father who owns a tobacco company.
(c) A law firm working to defend a tobacco company.
(d) A law firm working to prosecute a tobacco company.
6. How does Fitch confirm that David Lancaster, Perry Hirsch and Easter are all the same man?
(a) Handwriting expert.
(b) Marlee shares the information.
(c) Medical records.
(d) DNA expert.
7. Why do you think the CEOs have decided to work with Fitch?
(a) He knows all of the jurors personally.
(b) He used to be one of the CEOs.
(c) He is a smoker.
(d) He won 8 trials without a loss.
8. What does Marlee tell Rohr's secretary to do?
(a) That she should make sure that Rohr takes her next call.
(b) Tell Rohr to keep an eye on Fitch.
(c) Watch for an important fax with important information.
(d) That Easter is having private conversations.
9. What does Christiano tell Hoppy is the reason for the deal?
(a) Looking for a bigger target.
(b) Sense of justice.
10. What does Durr Cable offer in his own opening remarks?
(a) Reassurance that the defense's case is solid.
(b) That although cancer can come from smoking, it is not addictive.
(c) That smoking is in no way addictive.
(d) Confession that the CEOs know smoking is addictive.
11. Which of the following is not true about the character Carl Nussman?
(a) Works for the plaintiffs.
(c) Presents dossier's on jurors.
(d) Jury selection consultant.
12. What did Marlee do as a joke when she was meeting Easter?
(a) Let Fitch's goons believe she was with Fitch.
(b) Showed Easter how she tricked Fitch's goons.
(c) Led Fitch's goons on a wild drive around the city.
(d) Parked close to Rohr's office.
13. What profession does Millie Dupree's husband do?
(a) Owns a cigarette outlet.
(b) Owns a tobacco farm.
(c) Owns his own grocery store.
(d) Owns a real estate agency.
14. What does the woman who runs into Nicholas Easter at Burger King do?
(a) Buys him lunch.
(b) Asks him to start dating her.
(c) Records their conversation.
(d) Escorts him back to the courthouse.
15. What is the pretense the judge has for having a private meeting with Easter?
(a) To ask him about the upcoming lunches.
(b) To ask about the other jurors.
(c) To see if things are okay after the fire.
(d) To talk about his meeting with Marlee.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Herman Grimes refuse to be forced off of his panel?
2. What does Wendall Rohr promise to prove in his opening statement?
3. What kinds of questions does Nicholas Easter answer when he is talking to the woman in Burger King?
4. What happens when Hoppy opens the door Saturday morning after he visits with his wife?
5. What does Easter tell the other jurors in the jury room?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)