|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kringler's testimony affect besides the jury?
(a) Pynex's stock price.
(b) Marlee's plan for what to do next.
(c) Fitch's meeting with the CEOs.
(d) Rohr's plan for who will testify next.
2. What does Fitch steal from Easter that he wants his team to look through?
(b) Written records.
(c) His medical records.
(d) A personal diary.
3. What profession does Millie Dupree's husband do?
(a) Owns a tobacco farm.
(b) Owns a cigarette outlet.
(c) Owns a real estate agency.
(d) Owns his own grocery store.
4. How does the author describe the replacement of Stella with Phillip?
(a) A nightmare for both sides.
(b) A person who needs to be watched.
(c) A vote for the defense.
(d) A new person who can easily be swayed.
5. Why aren't the men hired by FItch able to continue pursuing Marlee as she gets on the plane?
(a) She changes into a disguise.
(b) She loses them in the airport.
(c) They get held up at security.
(d) She calls the police on them.
6. What men does Fitch call off?
(a) Those looking into Easter's past.
(b) Those working with Hoppy.
(c) Those looking into Marlee's past.
(d) Those watching the jurors.
7. Where did Easter clerk after his first year of law school?
(a) A law firm working to prosecute a tobacco company.
(b) For Marlee's father who owns a tobacco company.
(c) A judge presiding over a tobacco case.
(d) A law firm working to defend a tobacco company.
8. How much of the winnings does Derrick ask for?
9. What stance does Durwood Cable take as he begins to talk to the potential jurors?
(a) That people choose to smoke.
(b) That smoking is addictive.
(c) That jurors must believe the defense more than the plaintiff.
(d) That they must be willing to settle for large payouts.
10. What information does Fitch uncover on Rikki Coleman?
(a) She had an abortion before meeting her husband.
(b) She regularly cheats on her husband.
(c) She does not get along with the other jurors.
(d) She previously accepted a bribe.
11. What did Marlee do as a joke when she was meeting Easter?
(a) Let Fitch's goons believe she was with Fitch.
(b) Led Fitch's goons on a wild drive around the city.
(c) Showed Easter how she tricked Fitch's goons.
(d) Parked close to Rohr's office.
12. While the jurors are waiting for court to start, how do they mostly divide up into groups?
13. What does Vandemeer ask Fitch if he has?
(a) The background information on Marlee.
(b) Enough influence over the jury.
(c) Control over Jankle.
(d) The information about all of the jurors.
14. What prediction is in the article in Mogul?
(a) Plaintiffs are very satisfied with their case.
(b) Tobacco companies are worried.
(c) Tobacco companies could lose everything.
(d) Plaintiffs are scrambling at the last minute.
15. What does Easter ask of the judge when he tells them that they will not be needed the next day?
(a) That they be allowed to have family visit.
(b) That they be allowed to visit their homes.
(c) That they be allowed to go on an outing.
(d) That they be allowed to watch television.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hull tell Hoppy that the money he requested is for?
2. What does Fitch make sure that Jankle does not have access to?
3. When did most of the jurors begin smoking?
4. Why did the lunch never show up?
5. Who does Hoppy agree to attempt to bribe?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)