|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Easter clerk after his first year of law school?
(a) A law firm working to prosecute a tobacco company.
(b) For Marlee's father who owns a tobacco company.
(c) A judge presiding over a tobacco case.
(d) A law firm working to defend a tobacco company.
2. What were the investigators able to track down in regards to the past of Marlee and Easter?
(a) One of Marlee's relatives.
(b) One of the Easter's relatives.
(c) One of the Marlee's waitress friends.
(d) One of Easter's law school buddies.
3. Who does Easter tell the jury Ginger is?
(b) Woman recording them.
(c) Tobacco CEO.
(d) Jury consultant.
4. What stance does Durwood Cable take as he begins to talk to the potential jurors?
(a) That they must be willing to settle for large payouts.
(b) That smoking is addictive.
(c) That people choose to smoke.
(d) That jurors must believe the defense more than the plaintiff.
5. What does Vandemeer ask Fitch if he has?
(a) Enough influence over the jury.
(b) The background information on Marlee.
(c) The information about all of the jurors.
(d) Control over Jankle.
6. How does Fitch confirm that David Lancaster, Perry Hirsch and Easter are all the same man?
(a) DNA expert.
(b) Handwriting expert.
(c) Marlee shares the information.
(d) Medical records.
7. What opinion does the Colonel have about smoking?
(a) He thinks that it cannot kill you.
(b) He believes it is very addictive.
(c) He thinks giving it up just takes willpower.
(d) He has already made up his mind about the case.
8. On what is the figure that is given to the jury about Jacob Wood's life based?
(a) Life insurance.
(b) Lost wages.
(c) On-going profits.
(d) Standardized tables.
9. Where does Fitch go to meet with Marlee?
(b) New Orleans.
10. What does Christiano tell Hoppy is the reason for the deal?
(a) Sense of justice.
(c) Looking for a bigger target.
11. What does Kringler's testimony affect besides the jury?
(a) Rohr's plan for who will testify next.
(b) Fitch's meeting with the CEOs.
(c) Pynex's stock price.
(d) Marlee's plan for what to do next.
12. Why does it seem that SuperHouse is interested in the case Shaver is on the jury for?
(a) They realize that Shaver can be bribed.
(b) They are partially owned by one of the CEOs of the tobacco companies.
(c) They want Shaver to tell them how this type of litagation works.
(d) Their company makes a lot of money from tobacco sales.
13. Why doesn't Stella leave the hotel room for most of her trip when she and her husband go to Miami?
(a) She is scared about someone following her.
(b) She is very ill and probably has food poisoning.
(c) She wants to have private time with her husband.
(d) She needs to sleep after spending so much time on the jury.
14. Why does the jury refuse to come out of the jury room when Dell calls them?
(a) They don't want to be sequestered.
(b) They don't want their bags being searched.
(c) They want the judge to listen to them.
(d) They are tired of being watched and followed.
15. What demographic group does Robilio say the tobacco industry targeted?
(b) Middle-aged people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Ken and Ben make clear to Lonnie?
2. What prediction is in the article in Mogul?
3. What agency did Swanson previously work for?
4. While the jurors are waiting for court to start, how do they mostly divide up into groups?
5. Where does a bus take the jurors?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)