|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Easter ask of the judge when he tells them that they will not be needed the next day?
(a) That they be allowed to visit their homes.
(b) That they be allowed to have family visit.
(c) That they be allowed to watch television.
(d) That they be allowed to go on an outing.
2. What causes the jury to have a particularly strong reaction during the testimony?
(a) The lunch cutlery provided by the deli.
(b) Fitch's cross examination.
(c) Video of Wood's testimony.
(d) Pictures of Wood's lungs.
3. Where does a bus take the jurors?
(b) New Orleans.
4. What does Easter do that has Stella share what happened to her while she was in Miami?
(a) He asks her why she seems so very upset.
(b) He tells her that he thinks he saw someone following her.
(c) He tells her that he was followed over the weekend.
(d) He asks her why she continues to keep smoking.
5. What do the four jury members who do not have loved ones who can share their conjugal visits with them do?
(a) Get on the internet and play games.
(b) Go out to the casino.
(c) Watch John Wayne movies.
(d) Stay alone in their rooms.
6. What does Vandemeer ask Fitch if he has?
(a) The information about all of the jurors.
(b) The background information on Marlee.
(c) Enough influence over the jury.
(d) Control over Jankle.
7. Why did the lunch never show up?
(a) Because Judge Harkin canceled it.
(b) Because someone gave the deli the wrong time.
(c) Because Easter had it delayed.
(d) Because the deli got the date wrong.
8. What does Rankin Fitch demand to know?
(a) Why they still don't know about all of the jurors.
(b) Why they are meeting in such a public place.
(c) Why they are talking about the jurors.
(d) Why they are still working through the weekend.
9. What does Christiano tell Hoppy is the reason for the deal?
(c) Looking for a bigger target.
(d) Sense of justice.
10. Why does Marlee tell Fitch that Rohr is worried about the damage he can do?
(a) Because Rohr believes in his cause and wants to win.
(b) Because Fitch doesn't want to lose.
(c) Because Rohr knows that Fitch is dishonest.
(d) Because Fitch has more money to do damage.
11. Who does Easter tell the jury Ginger is?
(a) Jury consultant.
(c) Woman recording them.
(d) Tobacco CEO.
12. What does Fitch steal from Easter that he wants his team to look through?
(a) Written records.
(b) His medical records.
(d) A personal diary.
13. Where does the beginning of Chapter 2 take place?
(a) Beach house.
(b) Lawyers office.
(d) Jury room.
14. While the jurors are waiting for court to start, how do they mostly divide up into groups?
15. What is clear after the cross examination of Jankley by Rohr?
(a) That the memos were made up.
(b) That he was truly sorry for what he was doing.
(c) That he was breaking under the exessive pressure.
(d) That he knew his product killed people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What promise does Lonnie make to Teaton?
2. Which of the following characters is a closet smoker?
3. What did Marlee do as a joke when she was meeting Easter?
4. Why does the judge continue to dismiss people from the courtroom as the scene shifts to the courtroom?
5. What stance does Durwood Cable take as he begins to talk to the potential jurors?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)