|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kringler's testimony affect besides the jury?
(a) Fitch's meeting with the CEOs.
(b) Marlee's plan for what to do next.
(c) Pynex's stock price.
(d) Rohr's plan for who will testify next.
2. Why is Small sent to Lawrence by Fitch?
(a) To investigate Easter.
(b) To check on Rohr's next witness.
(c) To find information on another juror.
(d) To investigate Marlee.
3. What causes the jury to have a particularly strong reaction during the testimony?
(a) Video of Wood's testimony.
(b) The lunch cutlery provided by the deli.
(c) Fitch's cross examination.
(d) Pictures of Wood's lungs.
4. What does Vandemeer ask Fitch if he has?
(a) The information about all of the jurors.
(b) Control over Jankle.
(c) Enough influence over the jury.
(d) The background information on Marlee.
5. Why does Marlee request an immediate interview with Fitch?
(a) To tell him that she is dealing with Rohr.
(b) To ask him for more money.
(c) To tell him to stay out of her past.
(d) To threaten him if he continues to follow her.
6. What is clear after the cross examination of Jankley by Rohr?
(a) That he knew his product killed people.
(b) That the memos were made up.
(c) That he was breaking under the exessive pressure.
(d) That he was truly sorry for what he was doing.
7. What kinds of questions does Nicholas Easter answer when he is talking to the woman in Burger King?
(a) Questions about his morals and values.
(b) Questions about his financial status.
(c) Questions about his attitude about smoking and smokers.
(d) Questions about his willingness to accept bribes.
8. How much had it cost Fitch to hire the agents and Ringwald?
9. What does Rohr argue with the other lawyers who chipped in money for the trial about?
(a) Course of action to take next.
(b) What to do about Marlee.
(c) Whether to tell the judge about Marlee.
(d) What information to share with Fitch.
10. What does Fitch make sure that Jankle does not have access to?
11. Why does Fitch get excited when he sees Fernandez holding a copy of Sports Illustrated?
(a) He knows that Marlee is a liar.
(b) It was a special signal just between Fernandez and Fitch.
(c) He knows the jury is distracted and not focused on the case.
(d) He realizes the jury can be bought.
12. What does Easter tell the other jurors in the jury room?
(a) That a woman is tape recording them.
(b) He has been followed.
(c) In other trials jurors had been tampered with.
(d) That he was personally offered a bribe.
13. How many tobacco companies have come together to create the fund?
14. Where did Easter clerk after his first year of law school?
(a) A judge presiding over a tobacco case.
(b) A law firm working to prosecute a tobacco company.
(c) A law firm working to defend a tobacco company.
(d) For Marlee's father who owns a tobacco company.
15. What does Marlee tell Rohr's secretary to do?
(a) Watch for an important fax with important information.
(b) That Easter is having private conversations.
(c) That she should make sure that Rohr takes her next call.
(d) Tell Rohr to keep an eye on Fitch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why aren't the men hired by FItch able to continue pursuing Marlee as she gets on the plane?
2. What prediction is in the article in Mogul?
3. What is Nicholas Easter working on as Chapter 4 opens?
4. What is the pretense the judge has for having a private meeting with Easter?
5. Who is Celeste?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)