|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Nicholas Easter working on as Chapter 4 opens?
(a) Jury selection questionaire.
(b) Research on the lawyers on the case.
(c) His medical history questionaire.
(d) Plan for making sure he will be picked for the jury.
2. What does Easter do while Dr. Kilvan is giving his testimony?
(a) Stares at Fitch within the courtroom.
(b) Sends a note to the judge requesting another conference.
(c) Takes notes about the facts that Dr. Kilvan is sharing.
(d) Sends looks to Stella trying to keep her calm.
3. What kinds of questions does Nicholas Easter answer when he is talking to the woman in Burger King?
(a) Questions about his willingness to accept bribes.
(b) Questions about his attitude about smoking and smokers.
(c) Questions about his morals and values.
(d) Questions about his financial status.
4. What does Vandemeer ask Fitch if he has?
(a) Control over Jankle.
(b) The background information on Marlee.
(c) Enough influence over the jury.
(d) The information about all of the jurors.
5. What is the pretense the judge has for having a private meeting with Easter?
(a) To ask about the other jurors.
(b) To ask him about the upcoming lunches.
(c) To see if things are okay after the fire.
(d) To talk about his meeting with Marlee.
6. What does Rankin Fitch demand to know?
(a) Why they still don't know about all of the jurors.
(b) Why they are still working through the weekend.
(c) Why they are meeting in such a public place.
(d) Why they are talking about the jurors.
7. Why does Marlee tell Fitch that Rohr is worried about the damage he can do?
(a) Because Fitch doesn't want to lose.
(b) Because Fitch has more money to do damage.
(c) Because Rohr believes in his cause and wants to win.
(d) Because Rohr knows that Fitch is dishonest.
8. Why does it seem that SuperHouse is interested in the case Shaver is on the jury for?
(a) They want Shaver to tell them how this type of litagation works.
(b) They are partially owned by one of the CEOs of the tobacco companies.
(c) They realize that Shaver can be bribed.
(d) Their company makes a lot of money from tobacco sales.
9. Which of the following is not something Fitch was able to retrieve from the items stolen from Easter's apartment?
(a) A summary of news items about the tobacco industry.
(b) Letter to his mother, signed by Jeff.
(c) A summary of information about Fitch.
(d) Bad poetry.
10. What does Rohr argue with the other lawyers who chipped in money for the trial about?
(a) Whether to tell the judge about Marlee.
(b) What information to share with Fitch.
(c) What to do about Marlee.
(d) Course of action to take next.
11. Why does Fitch get excited when he sees Fernandez holding a copy of Sports Illustrated?
(a) He knows that Marlee is a liar.
(b) It was a special signal just between Fernandez and Fitch.
(c) He realizes the jury can be bought.
(d) He knows the jury is distracted and not focused on the case.
12. What overwhelms Shaver as he meets with Teaker, the CEO of Superhouse?
(a) His need to secure a job for himself.
(b) The need to get out of the room.
(c) The strength and power of the organization.
(d) Their desire to please Shaver.
13. What happens when Hoppy opens the door Saturday morning after he visits with his wife?
(a) His wife is there crying.
(b) Hull is there to back out of the plans.
(c) The FBI is there to ask him questions.
(d) Ringwald is there with the money.
14. Why aren't the men hired by FItch able to continue pursuing Marlee as she gets on the plane?
(a) They get held up at security.
(b) She changes into a disguise.
(c) She calls the police on them.
(d) She loses them in the airport.
15. What progress pleased Fitch from over the weekend?
(a) Shaver's meeting in Charlotte.
(b) Easter's part in the trial.
(c) The information shared by Marlee.
(d) Hulic's reaction to being followed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Judge release the jury early for the day?
2. What is on the video that the jury watches after lunch?
3. Why did Herman Grimes refuse to be forced off of his panel?
4. What men does Fitch call off?
5. What did Krigler's research discover?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)