|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Fernanadez and Easter head when they sneak out of the motel?
(d) Individual homes.
2. When did most of the jurors begin smoking?
(d) As children.
3. What kinds of questions does Nicholas Easter answer when he is talking to the woman in Burger King?
(a) Questions about his morals and values.
(b) Questions about his attitude about smoking and smokers.
(c) Questions about his financial status.
(d) Questions about his willingness to accept bribes.
4. What information does Fitch uncover on Rikki Coleman?
(a) She regularly cheats on her husband.
(b) She had an abortion before meeting her husband.
(c) She does not get along with the other jurors.
(d) She previously accepted a bribe.
5. Why does the Judge release the jury early for the day?
(a) He needs to hear some motions.
(b) He has an appointment for the day.
(c) Easter requested that it end early today.
(d) The plaintiff lawyers asked for this to happen.
6. What demographic group does Robilio say the tobacco industry targeted?
(c) Middle-aged people.
7. What does Marlee ask one of the deputies to do?
(a) Give an envelope to Durr.
(b) Give an envelope to Easter.
(c) Give an envelope to Fitch.
(d) Give an envelope to the judge.
8. What do the four jury members who do not have loved ones who can share their conjugal visits with them do?
(a) Go out to the casino.
(b) Get on the internet and play games.
(c) Stay alone in their rooms.
(d) Watch John Wayne movies.
9. What is Nicholas Easter working on as Chapter 4 opens?
(a) His medical history questionaire.
(b) Research on the lawyers on the case.
(c) Plan for making sure he will be picked for the jury.
(d) Jury selection questionaire.
10. Why do you think the CEOs have decided to work with Fitch?
(a) He won 8 trials without a loss.
(b) He used to be one of the CEOs.
(c) He knows all of the jurors personally.
(d) He is a smoker.
11. What does Kringler's testimony affect besides the jury?
(a) Pynex's stock price.
(b) Fitch's meeting with the CEOs.
(c) Rohr's plan for who will testify next.
(d) Marlee's plan for what to do next.
12. What do Ken and Ben make clear to Lonnie?
(a) They think jury duty is a waste of time.
(b) He cannot afford to be on the jury.
(c) They are planning of firing him.
(d) His job is in their hands.
13. On what is the figure that is given to the jury about Jacob Wood's life based?
(a) Life insurance.
(b) Lost wages.
(c) On-going profits.
(d) Standardized tables.
14. Who is Celeste?
(b) Former smoker.
(c) Tobacco CEO.
(d) Jacob's widow.
15. What does Rankin Fitch demand to know?
(a) Why they are still working through the weekend.
(b) Why they are meeting in such a public place.
(c) Why they are talking about the jurors.
(d) Why they still don't know about all of the jurors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Fitch get excited when he sees Fernandez holding a copy of Sports Illustrated?
2. Why doesn't Stella leave the hotel room for most of her trip when she and her husband go to Miami?
3. What is on the video that the jury watches after lunch?
4. Which of the following is not something Fitch was able to retrieve from the items stolen from Easter's apartment?
5. What does Marlee tell Rohr's secretary to do?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)