|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Marlee request an immediate interview with Fitch?
(a) To tell him that she is dealing with Rohr.
(b) To tell him to stay out of her past.
(c) To ask him for more money.
(d) To threaten him if he continues to follow her.
2. What does Easter tell the other jurors in the jury room?
(a) He has been followed.
(b) That he was personally offered a bribe.
(c) In other trials jurors had been tampered with.
(d) That a woman is tape recording them.
3. Which of the following is not something Fitch was able to retrieve from the items stolen from Easter's apartment?
(a) A summary of information about Fitch.
(b) A summary of news items about the tobacco industry.
(c) Letter to his mother, signed by Jeff.
(d) Bad poetry.
4. Why does the Judge release the jury early for the day?
(a) He needs to hear some motions.
(b) The plaintiff lawyers asked for this to happen.
(c) Easter requested that it end early today.
(d) He has an appointment for the day.
5. How much had it cost Fitch to hire the agents and Ringwald?
6. What does Marlee tell Rohr's secretary to do?
(a) Watch for an important fax with important information.
(b) Tell Rohr to keep an eye on Fitch.
(c) That she should make sure that Rohr takes her next call.
(d) That Easter is having private conversations.
7. What does Dr. Kilvan spend his testimony sharing with the jury?
(a) The amount of cigarettes it takes to become addicted.
(b) Mortality rates of smokers versus non-smokers.
(c) The addictive nature of smoking.
(d) The effects of nicotine on the lungs.
8. Who does Easter tell the jury Ginger is?
(a) Tobacco CEO.
(b) Jury consultant.
(c) Woman recording them.
9. What does Fitch make sure that Jankle does not have access to?
10. What does Fitch steal from Easter that he wants his team to look through?
(a) Written records.
(c) His medical records.
(d) A personal diary.
11. Why does the jury refuse to come out of the jury room when Dell calls them?
(a) They are tired of being watched and followed.
(b) They don't want their bags being searched.
(c) They don't want to be sequestered.
(d) They want the judge to listen to them.
12. Why does the judge continue to dismiss people from the courtroom as the scene shifts to the courtroom?
(a) Arguments among each other.
(b) Lawyer complaints.
(c) Medical reasons.
(d) Inability to complete the questionaires.
13. How many tobacco companies have come together to create the fund?
14. Why doesn't Stella leave the hotel room for most of her trip when she and her husband go to Miami?
(a) She needs to sleep after spending so much time on the jury.
(b) She is very ill and probably has food poisoning.
(c) She wants to have private time with her husband.
(d) She is scared about someone following her.
15. What does Durr Cable offer in his own opening remarks?
(a) That although cancer can come from smoking, it is not addictive.
(b) That smoking is in no way addictive.
(c) Confession that the CEOs know smoking is addictive.
(d) Reassurance that the defense's case is solid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Nicholas Easter working on as Chapter 4 opens?
2. Where did Easter clerk after his first year of law school?
3. What men does Fitch call off?
4. What does the woman who runs into Nicholas Easter at Burger King do?
5. Who leaves a message at Hoppy's office for Hoppy to contact him as soon as possible?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)