|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not something Fitch was able to retrieve from the items stolen from Easter's apartment?
(a) Bad poetry.
(b) Letter to his mother, signed by Jeff.
(c) A summary of news items about the tobacco industry.
(d) A summary of information about Fitch.
2. What does Fitch make sure that Jankle does not have access to?
3. In what city will this court case be taking place?
4. Which of the following characters is a closet smoker?
(a) Nicholas Easter.
(b) Traci Wilkes.
(c) Carl Nussman.
(d) Rankin Fitch.
5. What prediction is in the article in Mogul?
(a) Tobacco companies are worried.
(b) Plaintiffs are scrambling at the last minute.
(c) Tobacco companies could lose everything.
(d) Plaintiffs are very satisfied with their case.
6. What does Easter convince the jury to do before they sit down?
(a) Color coordinate their shirts the next day.
(b) Take in their own personal reading material.
(c) Say the Pledge of Allegiance.
(d) Stare at the woman sitting in the second row.
7. What opinion does the Colonel have about smoking?
(a) He thinks giving it up just takes willpower.
(b) He thinks that it cannot kill you.
(c) He believes it is very addictive.
(d) He has already made up his mind about the case.
8. What is the note about that Harkin gives to the judge once the trial resumes?
(a) The man who broke into his apartment is in the courtroom.
(b) The jury wants their walks to happen also during delays.
(c) They should be allowed to arrive late if court is delayed.
(d) The jury was talking about jury tampering during the recess.
9. What does the woman who runs into Nicholas Easter at Burger King do?
(a) Buys him lunch.
(b) Asks him to start dating her.
(c) Escorts him back to the courthouse.
(d) Records their conversation.
10. What does Durr Cable offer in his own opening remarks?
(a) That smoking is in no way addictive.
(b) That although cancer can come from smoking, it is not addictive.
(c) Reassurance that the defense's case is solid.
(d) Confession that the CEOs know smoking is addictive.
11. What does Fitch steal from Easter that he wants his team to look through?
(a) His medical records.
(b) A personal diary.
(c) Written records.
12. What progress pleased Fitch from over the weekend?
(a) The information shared by Marlee.
(b) Shaver's meeting in Charlotte.
(c) Hulic's reaction to being followed.
(d) Easter's part in the trial.
13. Why doesn't Stella leave the hotel room for most of her trip when she and her husband go to Miami?
(a) She is scared about someone following her.
(b) She is very ill and probably has food poisoning.
(c) She needs to sleep after spending so much time on the jury.
(d) She wants to have private time with her husband.
14. How many tobacco companies have come together to create the fund?
15. What does Rohr argue with the other lawyers who chipped in money for the trial about?
(a) Course of action to take next.
(b) Whether to tell the judge about Marlee.
(c) What information to share with Fitch.
(d) What to do about Marlee.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not true about the character Carl Nussman?
2. Why does Fitch want to find the girl who wrote the note?
3. What men does Fitch call off?
4. What product does Jankle compare his company's advertising budget with?
5. What agency did Swanson previously work for?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)