|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the jury refuse to come out of the jury room when Dell calls them?
(a) They don't want to be sequestered.
(b) They are tired of being watched and followed.
(c) They don't want their bags being searched.
(d) They want the judge to listen to them.
2. What prediction is in the article in Mogul?
(a) Tobacco companies could lose everything.
(b) Tobacco companies are worried.
(c) Plaintiffs are scrambling at the last minute.
(d) Plaintiffs are very satisfied with their case.
3. What profession does Millie Dupree's husband do?
(a) Owns his own grocery store.
(b) Owns a tobacco farm.
(c) Owns a real estate agency.
(d) Owns a cigarette outlet.
4. Which of the following is not true about the character Carl Nussman?
(b) Presents dossier's on jurors.
(c) Works for the plaintiffs.
(d) Jury selection consultant.
5. What product does Jankle compare his company's advertising budget with?
6. Where do Fernanadez and Easter head when they sneak out of the motel?
(b) Individual homes.
7. What does Kringler's testimony affect besides the jury?
(a) Marlee's plan for what to do next.
(b) Rohr's plan for who will testify next.
(c) Fitch's meeting with the CEOs.
(d) Pynex's stock price.
8. When did most of the jurors begin smoking?
(b) As children.
9. What overwhelms Shaver as he meets with Teaker, the CEO of Superhouse?
(a) The need to get out of the room.
(b) His need to secure a job for himself.
(c) Their desire to please Shaver.
(d) The strength and power of the organization.
10. What does Easter do while Dr. Kilvan is giving his testimony?
(a) Sends looks to Stella trying to keep her calm.
(b) Stares at Fitch within the courtroom.
(c) Takes notes about the facts that Dr. Kilvan is sharing.
(d) Sends a note to the judge requesting another conference.
11. What do Ken and Ben make clear to Lonnie?
(a) They think jury duty is a waste of time.
(b) They are planning of firing him.
(c) He cannot afford to be on the jury.
(d) His job is in their hands.
12. What did Marlee do as a joke when she was meeting Easter?
(a) Let Fitch's goons believe she was with Fitch.
(b) Parked close to Rohr's office.
(c) Showed Easter how she tricked Fitch's goons.
(d) Led Fitch's goons on a wild drive around the city.
13. Where does the beginning of Chapter 2 take place?
(a) Jury room.
(b) Lawyers office.
(d) Beach house.
14. What were the investigators able to track down in regards to the past of Marlee and Easter?
(a) One of the Marlee's waitress friends.
(b) One of the Easter's relatives.
(c) One of Marlee's relatives.
(d) One of Easter's law school buddies.
15. What promise does Lonnie make to Teaton?
(a) To do what he can in regards to the verdict.
(b) To give the company his all his efforts when the trial is over.
(c) To continue to work at night.
(d) To keep Teaton updated about the jury's voting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters is a closet smoker?
2. Where does Fitch go to meet with Marlee?
3. What does Rankin Fitch demand to know?
4. What does Marlee ask one of the deputies to do?
5. What stance does Durwood Cable take as he begins to talk to the potential jurors?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)