|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes the jury to have a particularly strong reaction during the testimony?
(a) Pictures of Wood's lungs.
(b) Fitch's cross examination.
(c) Video of Wood's testimony.
(d) The lunch cutlery provided by the deli.
2. Who does Hoppy agree to attempt to bribe?
3. What promise does Lonnie make to Teaton?
(a) To continue to work at night.
(b) To keep Teaton updated about the jury's voting.
(c) To do what he can in regards to the verdict.
(d) To give the company his all his efforts when the trial is over.
4. Why does it seem that SuperHouse is interested in the case Shaver is on the jury for?
(a) They realize that Shaver can be bribed.
(b) They are partially owned by one of the CEOs of the tobacco companies.
(c) Their company makes a lot of money from tobacco sales.
(d) They want Shaver to tell them how this type of litagation works.
5. Who is Celeste?
(a) Tobacco CEO.
(b) Former smoker.
(d) Jacob's widow.
6. What does Easter ask of the judge when he tells them that they will not be needed the next day?
(a) That they be allowed to visit their homes.
(b) That they be allowed to have family visit.
(c) That they be allowed to watch television.
(d) That they be allowed to go on an outing.
7. What men does Fitch call off?
(a) Those looking into Easter's past.
(b) Those looking into Marlee's past.
(c) Those working with Hoppy.
(d) Those watching the jurors.
8. What is Fitch waiting for nervously in his office?
(a) His briefcase to be moved.
(b) Marlee to call him.
(c) Easter to send him a note.
(d) Court to start for the day.
9. Why does the judge continue to dismiss people from the courtroom as the scene shifts to the courtroom?
(a) Inability to complete the questionaires.
(b) Arguments among each other.
(c) Medical reasons.
(d) Lawyer complaints.
10. How does Millie react when Hoppy shows her the document discounting Robilio?
(a) She reads it and questions him about it.
(b) She throws it on the bed and cries.
(c) She puts it in the trash and tells him they can't talk about it.
(d) She lays it aside and promises to tell the others.
11. What does Marlee tell Rohr's secretary to do?
(a) That she should make sure that Rohr takes her next call.
(b) That Easter is having private conversations.
(c) Tell Rohr to keep an eye on Fitch.
(d) Watch for an important fax with important information.
12. What does Dr. Kilvan spend his testimony sharing with the jury?
(a) The amount of cigarettes it takes to become addicted.
(b) The effects of nicotine on the lungs.
(c) Mortality rates of smokers versus non-smokers.
(d) The addictive nature of smoking.
13. Where do Fernanadez and Easter head when they sneak out of the motel?
(b) Individual homes.
14. Why does the jury refuse to come out of the jury room when Dell calls them?
(a) They don't want their bags being searched.
(b) They don't want to be sequestered.
(c) They want the judge to listen to them.
(d) They are tired of being watched and followed.
15. What offer does Shaver receive when he calls in to talk to the CEO of SuperHouse?
(a) A bribe to ensure they tobacco companies win.
(b) A job in Charlotte with a corner office.
(c) An offer for a bonus upon retirement.
(d) A huge pay raise in his salary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Fitch want to find the girl who wrote the note?
2. What is the pretense the judge has for having a private meeting with Easter?
3. How much of the winnings does Derrick ask for?
4. What kinds of questions does Nicholas Easter answer when he is talking to the woman in Burger King?
5. What prediction is in the article in Mogul?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)