|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What information did Swanson find out about the people he believes to be Marlee's parents?
(a) They were doctors specializing in lung disease.
(b) They were researches on smoking issues.
(c) They died of lung cancer.
(d) They had tobacco farms.
2. Why does the jury refuse to come out of the jury room when Dell calls them?
(a) They don't want their bags being searched.
(b) They don't want to be sequestered.
(c) They are tired of being watched and followed.
(d) They want the judge to listen to them.
3. What does Easter do while Dr. Kilvan is giving his testimony?
(a) Takes notes about the facts that Dr. Kilvan is sharing.
(b) Stares at Fitch within the courtroom.
(c) Sends a note to the judge requesting another conference.
(d) Sends looks to Stella trying to keep her calm.
4. What does Dr. McQuade testify is true?
(a) Smokers have no control over their choices.
(b) Smokers do not believe in the company advertising.
(c) Smokers make informed choices about buying cigarettes.
(d) Smokers are an uneducated and uninformed population.
5. What do the jurors celebrate before they head off to church?
(a) The end of the trial.
(b) Loreen's birthday.
(c) Millie and Hoppy's anniversary.
(d) Their last day being sequestered.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leaves a message at Hoppy's office for Hoppy to contact him as soon as possible?
2. What does Easter tell Marlee when he calls her?
3. What does Marlee do when Fitch arrives at the apartment?
4. How much money does Cleve give to Derrick?
5. What happens when Hoppy opens the door Saturday morning after he visits with his wife?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)