Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps get Motorcycle Boy and Rusty-James back to the apartment?
2. What does Rusty-James have running down his side?
3. What does Motorcycle Boy not like?
4. When Patty breaks up with Rusty-James, what happens to his chest?
5. After going to the guidance office, where does Rusty-James go when he leaves school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is important about the river?
2. Why is Rusty-James expelled from school?
3. Why does Motorcycle Boy's comment, "it looks like Rusty-James is always messed up, one way or the other," surprise Rusty-James?
4. What is the importance of Rusty-James losing his taste for alcohol?
5. What is the importance of delaying the appearance of Motorcycle Boy until the third chapter?
6. What is the significance of Motorcycle Boy's comparing the gang violence to playing "Cowboys and Indians?"
7. In Chapter 9, how has Rusty-James' vision of Motorcycle Boy changed since the prior night?
8. What does Rusty-James do to make sure he is taken to the hospital by the police?
9. Why does Rusty-James say that Coach Ryan likes him as he would a vicious dog?
10. What does Steve's confession that he is going to college to be a teacher reveal about his character?
What is the symbolism of Motorcycle Boy's color blindness? Explain how the author uses this handicap to reveal aspects of his character. Find descriptions from the text to support your answer and to provide evidence for your opinion.
What is the importance of Rusty-James' knife scar? Why is this an important detail about his character? Find descriptions from the text to support your answer and to provide evidence for your opinion.
Is Rusty-James' hero worship of his brother, Motorcycle Boy, valid? Does Motorcycle Boy warrant such devout worship from Rusty-James? Why or why not? Find descriptions from the text to support your answer and to provide evidence for your opinion.
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)