|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What scares Rusty-James about Motorcycle Boy?
(a) His presence.
(b) His smile.
(c) His language
(d) His attitude.
2. What does Rusty-James do the morning after he has gone to the lake with Smokey?
(a) Drinks a cup of coffee.
(b) Eats breakfast.
(c) Changes clothes.
(d) Sleeps until noon.
3. What happens when Rusty-James arrives at the guidance office?
(a) He cries.
(b) He gets a warning.
(c) He is counseled.
(d) He is expelled.
4. What bothers Rusty-James about the situation with Biff?
(a) Biff is happy.
(b) Biff is mad for a stupid reason.
(c) Biff is sleeping in class.
(d) Biff is stealing things.
5. How does Rusty-James get Patty to cool off when she finds out he is going to fight Biff?
(a) He stays at her house.
(b) He lies to her.
(c) He tells her he loves her.
(d) He leaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rusty-James doing when Chapter 2 opens?
2. What animal does Rusty-James say Steve looks like?
3. What does Rusty-James think he is going to do when Patty breaks up with him?
4. Why does Rusty-James allow Steve to say the things he does?
5. To what is Rusty-James referring when he says they "are there, but not hard to find if you look hard enough."
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Rusty-James frightened when Motorcycle Boy smiles after he tells him the picture was a good one?
2. Why does Motorcycle Boy tell Rusty-James not to tell anyone that a famous photographer took his picture?
3. What does Rusty-James' father mean when he says, "Our marriage was a classic example of a preacher marrying an atheist, thinking to make a convert?"
4. Why is it important for Rusty-James' friends to go to the vacant lot to watch him fight Biff?
5. What is implied by the fact that Motorcycle Boy has not always been color blind?
6. Why does Rusty-James leave at midnight to go out with Smokey and his cousin?
7. Why does Rusty-James feel that gangs are good despite what Steve and Motorcycle Boy tell him?
8. Why does Rusty-James not tell people that his father used to be a lawyer?
9. What is the importance of Rusty-James losing his taste for alcohol?
10. In Chapter 7, why is Rusty-James afraid of Motorcycle Boy?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)