|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one thing Rusty-James thinks he needs if he goes to Cleveland High?
(a) New clothes.
(b) Good grades.
(d) A machine gun.
2. After leaving Cassandra on the stairs, Rusty-James goes into his apartment and finds Motorcycle Boy doing what?
(a) Staring at the wall.
3. How does Rusty-James' father get money?
(a) He writes books.
(b) He gets a check from the government.
(c) He works at a bar.
(d) He steals it.
4. What subject does Rusty-James say is not his strong point?
5. When Rusty-James goes home from school, who does he meet on the staircase?
(b) His father.
(d) Motorcycle Boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Rusty-James wakes up after passing out, who does he find at home reading a book?
2. What does Rusty-James say he has been doing for the last few years?
3. Where is Rusty-James at the beginning of chapter two?
4. Why does Rusty-James say his friends should come with him to meet Biff?
5. What kind of story is "Rumble Fish?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rusty-James think about Biff's declaration that he is going to kill him?
2. What does Rusty-James recognize about Motorcycle Boy when he sees some of Motorcycle Boy's old gang members?
3. Why is Motorcycle Boy's explanation about why Rusty-James does not like to be alone an eye opening experience for Rusty-James?
4. In Chapter 10, why does Rusty-James believe that everything has changed?
5. Why does Rusty-James like the ocean?
6. What does Rusty-James mean when he says that Motorcycle Boy is living in a glass bubble?
7. Why is Rusty-James expelled from school?
8. In Chapter 2, with what does Steve try to get Rusty-James to confront and deal?
9. What is Rusty-James' driving motivation?
10. What does Rusty-James do to make sure he is taken to the hospital by the police?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)