|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of story is "Rumble Fish?"
(a) A short story.
(b) A novella.
(c) A frame story.
(d) A horror story.
2. What has Cassandra done previously at Rusty-James' school?
(a) Student teach.
(b) Clean classrooms.
(c) Serve food.
(d) Drive school buses.
3. How old does Rusty-James say Steve behaves?
4. What does Rusty-James think he is going to do when Patty breaks up with him?
5. When Rusty-James wakes up after passing out, who does he find at home reading a book?
(b) The Motorcycle Boy.
(d) His mom.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Rusty-James go to the lake?
2. What is one thing Rusty-James thinks he needs if he goes to Cleveland High?
3. In Chapter 6, who does Rusty-James visit when he arrives at school?
4. In Chapter 2, where does Rusty-James go after storming out of Benny's?
5. Why does Rusty-James go to school the day after he is cut with a knife?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the importance of Rusty-James losing his taste for alcohol?
2. Why does Rusty-James leave at midnight to go out with Smokey and his cousin?
3. What is the importance of delaying the appearance of Motorcycle Boy until the third chapter?
4. What does Rusty-James recognize about Motorcycle Boy when he sees some of Motorcycle Boy's old gang members?
5. What does Rusty-James' father mean when he says, "Our marriage was a classic example of a preacher marrying an atheist, thinking to make a convert?"
6. How does Rusty-James settle his problems?
7. Why does Smokey believe he would be president of a gang and Rusty-James would be a lieutenant?
8. Why does Rusty-James like the ocean?
9. Why is Rusty-James upset that Steve has been beaten up?
10. Why does Rusty-James steal hubcaps?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)