|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Patty do when her mother is at work?
(b) Washes clothes.
(c) Babysits her three little brothers.
(d) Watches movies.
2. What does Patty do when a girl flirts with Rusty-James?
(a) She gets mad at him.
(b) She beats up the girl.
(c) She goes after the girl with a broken bottle.
(d) She cries.
3. What one thing so worries Rusty-James that he cannot think about his future?
4. What profession is Steve pursuing?
5. What information does Patty tell Rusty-James she knows?
(a) She knows about the lake party and the girls.
(b) She knows about his fight with Biff.
(c) She knows about Motorcycle Boy.
(d) She knows he slept late.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rusty-James find to eat in the apartment?
2. Who is Rusty-James' girlfriend?
3. What does Rusty-James think the picture of Motorcycle Boy resembles?
4. How does Motorcycle Boy get his name?
5. What happens when Rusty-James arrives at the guidance office?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rusty-James' bad grammar and slang tell the reader about his character?
2. Why does Smokey believe that no one will follow Rusty-James into a knife fight?
3. Why does it take Rusty-James longer than he thought to forget about Motorcycle Boy's death?
4. How does Rusty-James settle his problems?
5. Why does Steve think people in the neighborhood will have a heart attack if Rusty-James goes home?
6. What is important about the river?
7. Why does Rusty-James not understand that Patty is mad that he fooed around with another girl at the lake?
8. What does Steve's confession that he is going to college to be a teacher reveal about his character?
9. In Chapter 10, why does Rusty-James think that Patty still loves him?
10. Why is Patterson watching Rusty-James and Motorcycle Boy when they leave the drugstore?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)