|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rusty-James do at lunch with Smokey and B.J.?
(a) He leaves school.
(b) He eats.
(c) He sits with Steve.
(d) He loses fifty cents in a poker game.
2. Where has Rusty-James spent five years?
(a) The reformatory.
(b) The beach.
(c) The city.
(d) The jail.
3. What does Rusty-James say about his brain?
(a) It is buzzing.
(b) It is messed up.
(c) It is lazy.
(d) It is smart.
4. Where does Motorcycle Boy say he has been for the last two weeks?
5. After leaving Cassandra on the stairs, Rusty-James goes into his apartment and finds Motorcycle Boy doing what?
(d) Staring at the wall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What one thing so worries Rusty-James that he cannot think about his future?
2. What bothers Rusty-James about the situation with Biff?
3. What kind of story is "Rumble Fish?"
4. In Chapter 5, what worries Rusty-James when he arrives home after being out all night?
5. Where does Biff want to meet Rusty-James?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it important for Rusty-James to be with crowds of people?
2. Why does Rusty-James dislike Cassandra?
3. What is the importance of delaying the appearance of Motorcycle Boy until the third chapter?
4. Why is Rusty-James upset that Steve has been beaten up?
5. What is the significance of Rusty-James' paying back money he has borrowed?
6. In Chapter 3, what does the apartment reveal about Rusty-James' family?
7. In Chapter 2, with what does Steve try to get Rusty-James to confront and deal?
8. What does Rusty-James recognize about Motorcycle Boy when he sees some of Motorcycle Boy's old gang members?
9. What does Rusty-James' bad grammar and slang tell the reader about his character?
10. Why does Rusty-James say that Coach Ryan likes him as he would a vicious dog?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)