|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Steve not show up for math class?
(a) Steve's father is sick.
(b) Steve goes on vacation.
(c) Steve is sick.
(d) Steve's mother has a stroke.
2. What does Rusty-James think the picture of Motorcycle Boy resembles?
(a) A drawing.
(b) A photograph.
(c) A painting.
(d) A rebel.
3. What is Motorcycle Boy doing when Rusty-James finds him at the drugstore?
(a) Looking at a magazine.
(c) Stealing candy bars.
(d) Eating candy bars.
4. Where is Rusty-James' apartment?
(a) Above a restaurant.
(b) In the ghetto.
(c) Over a dry cleaner.
(d) Next to a grocery store.
5. Where does Motorcycle Boy say he has been for the last two weeks?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Steve want Rusty-James to meet?
2. Why is Benny upset when the junior high school kids hang out at his place?
3. What other character attends Cleveland High School?
4. What does Motorcycle Boy not like?
5. How does Motorcycle Boy get a motorcycle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rusty-James do to make sure he is taken to the hospital by the police?
2. Why does Smokey believe that no one will follow Rusty-James into a knife fight?
3. Why is Motorcycle Boy hard of hearing and color blind?
4. Why is it important for Rusty-James' friends to go to the vacant lot to watch him fight Biff?
5. Why does Motorcycle Boy tell Rusty-James not to tell anyone that a famous photographer took his picture?
6. Why does Steve worry about everyone coming to witness the fight between Rusty-James and Biff?
7. Why does Rusty-James dislike Cassandra?
8. What does ordering chocolate milk from the counter at Benny's say about Rusty-James?
9. What is the significance of Motorcycle Boy's comparing the gang violence to playing "Cowboys and Indians?"
10. What is the significance of Rusty-James' paying back money he has borrowed?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)