|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Motorcycle Boy get his name?
(a) He races motorcycles.
(b) He owns motorcycles.
(c) He likes motorcycles.
(d) He builds motorcycles.
2. Who is the coolest person in the world to Rusty-James?
(a) His father.
(d) The Motorcycle Boy.
3. How old is Motorcycle Boy?
4. What is Rusty-James doing at the onset of the novel?
(a) Sitting on the beach.
5. According to Rusty-James, in what kind of classes is he enrolled?
(a) Algebra classes.
(b) The dumb classes.
(c) College prep classes.
(d) Advanced classes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of story is "Rumble Fish?"
2. What does Rusty-James' father give him?
3. What has Cassandra done previously at Rusty-James' school?
4. Who is quiet as they wait for Biff in Chapter 3?
5. What does Rusty-James think he is going to do when Patty breaks up with him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Rusty-James not tell people that his father used to be a lawyer?
2. What does Rusty-James' father mean when he says, "Our marriage was a classic example of a preacher marrying an atheist, thinking to make a convert?"
3. Why does Rusty-James like the ocean?
4. Why does Steve worry about everyone coming to witness the fight between Rusty-James and Biff?
5. Why does Motorcycle Boy tell Rusty-James not to tell anyone that a famous photographer took his picture?
6. Why does Rusty-James steal hubcaps?
7. What is implied by the fact that Motorcycle Boy has not always been color blind?
8. What does Rusty-James' father do when he gets home in Chapter 5?
9. How do the type of classes Rusty-James has in school impact his character?
10. What does Rusty-James mean when he says that Motorcycle Boy is living in a glass bubble?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)