|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Rusty-James' apartment?
(a) In the ghetto.
(b) Above a restaurant.
(c) Over a dry cleaner.
(d) Next to a grocery store.
2. Why does Steve not show up for math class?
(a) Steve is sick.
(b) Steve's father is sick.
(c) Steve's mother has a stroke.
(d) Steve goes on vacation.
3. What does Cassandra show Rusty-James on her arms?
(c) Track marks.
(d) A tattoo.
4. What promise does Rusty-James make to Patty?
(a) That he will love her forever.
(b) That he will not fight anymore.
(c) That he will marry her.
(d) That he will not come over anymore.
5. Why does Rusty-James allow Steve to say the things he does?
(a) Steve is his brother.
(b) Steve is his cousin.
(c) Steve is always right.
(d) Steve is his best friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who thinks he is tougher than Rusty-James?
2. Who is Anita?
3. What is the name of the skinny, tall kid who tells Rusty-James that Biff is going to kill him?
4. How old does Rusty-James say Steve behaves?
5. What does Rusty-James find to eat in the apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rusty-James' father do when he gets home in Chapter 5?
2. Why is Patterson watching Rusty-James and Motorcycle Boy when they leave the drugstore?
3. What does Rusty-James' bad grammar and slang tell the reader about his character?
4. In Chapter 10, why does Rusty-James believe that everything has changed?
5. What does Rusty-James think about Biff's declaration that he is going to kill him?
6. What is Rusty-James' driving motivation?
7. What is important about Steve's behavior in the city in Chapter 7?
8. Why does Steve think people in the neighborhood will have a heart attack if Rusty-James goes home?
9. Why does Rusty-James believe all the people he cares about "talk about weird things?"
10. What does Steve's confession that he is going to college to be a teacher reveal about his character?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)