|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Rusty-James arrives at the guidance office?
(a) He cries.
(b) He is expelled.
(c) He is counseled.
(d) He gets a warning.
2. Where does Biff want to meet Rusty-James?
(a) At his house.
(b) A vacant lot behinid the pet store.
(c) At school.
(d) An alley behind the pet store.
3. What does Rusty-James buy at Benny's in Chapter 2?
(a) A beer.
(b) Apple juice.
(c) Orange juice.
(d) Chocolate milk.
4. What does the lot in Chapter 3 smell like?
(a) The river.
(b) The pet store.
(d) Burning rubber.
5. What is Motorcycle Boy doing when Rusty-James finds him at the drugstore?
(a) Looking at a magazine.
(b) Stealing candy bars.
(c) Eating candy bars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the coolest person in the world to Rusty-James?
2. Who is in the reformatory with Rusty-James?
3. How does Rusty-James' father get money?
4. What does Rusty-James do at lunch with Smokey and B.J.?
5. What does Coach Ryan offer Rusty-James?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Rusty-James leave at midnight to go out with Smokey and his cousin?
2. Why does Rusty-James say that Coach Ryan likes him as he would a vicious dog?
3. In Chapter 2, with what does Steve try to get Rusty-James to confront and deal?
4. What is the significance of Rusty-James' paying back money he has borrowed?
5. What does Rusty-James do to make sure he is taken to the hospital by the police?
6. Why does Rusty-James steal hubcaps?
7. What is the importance of delaying the appearance of Motorcycle Boy until the third chapter?
8. Why does Rusty-James resent Steve's presence on the beach?
9. What is implied by the fact that Motorcycle Boy has not always been color blind?
10. In Chapter 3, what does the apartment reveal about Rusty-James' family?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)