|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rusty-James do at lunch with Smokey and B.J.?
(a) He sits with Steve.
(b) He leaves school.
(c) He loses fifty cents in a poker game.
(d) He eats.
2. After leaving Cassandra on the stairs, Rusty-James goes into his apartment and finds Motorcycle Boy doing what?
(b) Staring at the wall.
3. What does Rusty-James think he is going to do when Patty breaks up with him?
4. Where is Rusty-James at the beginning of chapter two?
(a) At a restaurant.
(b) At school.
(c) At home.
(d) At Benny's.
5. In Chapter 6, who does Rusty-James visit when he arrives at school?
(b) Mr. Harrigan.
(c) The nurse.
(d) The principal.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what is Rusty-James referring when he says, "...Just one...I like to keep things simple, and God knows even one can be complicated enough."
2. Who thinks he is tougher than Rusty-James?
3. What information does Patty tell Rusty-James she knows?
4. Why does Rusty-James slam his fist onto the table?
5. What other character attends Cleveland High School?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the importance of delaying the appearance of Motorcycle Boy until the third chapter?
2. Why does Motorcycle Boy tell Rusty-James not to tell anyone that a famous photographer took his picture?
3. After locating a former gang member, what important fact does Rusty-James learn about Motorcycle Boy?
4. What dose Steve mean when he says that he cannot keep on thinking for Rusty-James?
5. Why is Rusty-James upset that Steve has been beaten up?
6. Why does Motorcycle Boy's comment, "it looks like Rusty-James is always messed up, one way or the other," surprise Rusty-James?
7. In Chapter 7, why is Rusty-James afraid of Motorcycle Boy?
8. What happens to Rusty-James when he is frisked by the police?
9. What does Steve's confession that he is going to college to be a teacher reveal about his character?
10. What is the significance of Motorcycle Boy's comparing the gang violence to playing "Cowboys and Indians?"
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)