|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rusty-James doing at the onset of the novel?
(d) Sitting on the beach.
2. What bothers Rusty-James about the situation with Biff?
(a) Biff is mad for a stupid reason.
(b) Biff is stealing things.
(c) Biff is sleeping in class.
(d) Biff is happy.
3. What does Rusty-James do the morning after he has gone to the lake with Smokey?
(a) Sleeps until noon.
(b) Eats breakfast.
(c) Drinks a cup of coffee.
(d) Changes clothes.
4. Why does Rusty-James say his friends should come with him to meet Biff?
(a) He does not want to be lonely.
(b) Biff is bringing his friends.
(c) They will help him fight Biff.
(d) He needs them to watch the show.
5. What does Rusty-James' father give him?
(d) A bottle of wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. After going to the guidance office, where does Rusty-James go when he leaves school?
2. How old does Rusty-James say Steve behaves?
3. What does Rusty-James find to eat in the apartment?
4. Who is Anita?
5. According to Rusty-James, in what kind of classes is he enrolled?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 10, why does Rusty-James believe that everything has changed?
2. Why does Rusty-James feel that gangs are good despite what Steve and Motorcycle Boy tell him?
3. What is important about Steve's behavior in the city in Chapter 7?
4. What does Rusty-James' bad grammar and slang tell the reader about his character?
5. What does Rusty-James' father mean when he says, "Our marriage was a classic example of a preacher marrying an atheist, thinking to make a convert?"
6. Why is Rusty-James upset that Steve has been beaten up?
7. Why is Rusty-James expelled from school?
8. What is the significance of Rusty-James' paying back money he has borrowed?
9. Why does Rusty-James like the ocean?
10. Why does Rusty-James believe all the people he cares about "talk about weird things?"
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)