|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps get Motorcycle Boy and Rusty-James back to the apartment?
(c) The police.
2. What does Rusty-James have running down his side?
(a) A scar from a knife fight.
(d) Tan line.
3. What does Motorcycle Boy not like?
4. When Patty breaks up with Rusty-James, what happens to his chest?
(a) His chest is fine.
(b) There is a tightening there.
(c) His chest hurts.
(d) His chest burns.
5. After going to the guidance office, where does Rusty-James go when he leaves school?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one thing Rusty-James thinks he needs if he goes to Cleveland High?
2. In Chapter 6, who does Rusty-James visit when he arrives at school?
3. According to Rusty-James, in what kind of classes is he enrolled?
4. Which character's face is beaten into a bloody pulp by Rusty-James in the fight in the lot?
5. Who reminds the boys that they had stopped all this "cowboys and Indians crap"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is important about the river?
2. Why is Rusty-James expelled from school?
3. Why does Motorcycle Boy's comment, "it looks like Rusty-James is always messed up, one way or the other," surprise Rusty-James?
4. What is the importance of Rusty-James losing his taste for alcohol?
5. What is the importance of delaying the appearance of Motorcycle Boy until the third chapter?
6. What is the significance of Motorcycle Boy's comparing the gang violence to playing "Cowboys and Indians?"
7. In Chapter 9, how has Rusty-James' vision of Motorcycle Boy changed since the prior night?
8. What does Rusty-James do to make sure he is taken to the hospital by the police?
9. Why does Rusty-James say that Coach Ryan likes him as he would a vicious dog?
10. What does Steve's confession that he is going to college to be a teacher reveal about his character?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)