|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What one thing so worries Rusty-James that he cannot think about his future?
2. How old does Rusty-James say Steve behaves?
3. What information does Patty tell Rusty-James she knows?
(a) She knows about the lake party and the girls.
(b) She knows about his fight with Biff.
(c) She knows about Motorcycle Boy.
(d) She knows he slept late.
4. How old is Rusty-James at the onset of chapter two?
5. What does Rusty-James do to help himself feel better?
(a) He thinks about people he likes.
(b) He goes back to sleep.
(c) He drinks.
(d) He smokes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Rusty-James when his attention is diverted from Biff?
2. How does Rusty-James' father get money?
3. After going to the guidance office, where does Rusty-James go when he leaves school?
4. What does Rusty-James say about his brain?
5. What is one thing Rusty-James thinks he needs if he goes to Cleveland High?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Smokey believe that no one will follow Rusty-James into a knife fight?
2. What does Motorcycle Boy mean when he tells Steve, "loyalty is his only vice?"
3. What is the significance of Motorcycle Boy's comparing the gang violence to playing "Cowboys and Indians?"
4. Why does Motorcycle Boy's comment, "it looks like Rusty-James is always messed up, one way or the other," surprise Rusty-James?
5. What does Rusty-James do to make sure he is taken to the hospital by the police?
6. Why is Rusty-James expelled from school?
7. Why is Rusty-James frightened when Motorcycle Boy smiles after he tells him the picture was a good one?
8. What does Rusty-James' bad grammar and slang tell the reader about his character?
9. Why does Motorcycle Boy tell Rusty-James not to tell anyone that a famous photographer took his picture?
10. What is the significance of Rusty-James' paying back money he has borrowed?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)