|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does Rusty-James' father call him?
(b) Motorcycle Junior.
2. What does Rusty-James say about his brain?
(a) It is lazy.
(b) It is smart.
(c) It is buzzing.
(d) It is messed up.
3. Where does Motorcycle Boy say he has been for the last two weeks?
4. What does Patty's mother do for a living?
(a) She is a cop.
(b) She is a waitress.
(c) She is a nurse.
(d) She is a teacher.
5. What does Rusty-James do to help himself feel better?
(a) He drinks.
(b) He thinks about people he likes.
(c) He goes back to sleep.
(d) He smokes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rusty-James say his friends should come with him to meet Biff?
2. Whose gang is waiting at the end of the vacant lot?
3. What do Rusty-James' father and Motorcycle Boy sometimes do that Rusty-James wishes they would not do?
4. Who is in the reformatory with Rusty-James?
5. What promise does Rusty-James make to Patty?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Motorcycle Boy's comment, "it looks like Rusty-James is always messed up, one way or the other," surprise Rusty-James?
2. What is Rusty-James' driving motivation?
3. Why is Patterson watching Rusty-James and Motorcycle Boy when they leave the drugstore?
4. Why does Rusty-James dislike Cassandra?
5. What is the significance of Motorcycle Boy's comparing the gang violence to playing "Cowboys and Indians?"
6. What is important about Steve's behavior in the city in Chapter 7?
7. What does Rusty-James recognize about Motorcycle Boy when he sees some of Motorcycle Boy's old gang members?
8. Why is Motorcycle Boy hard of hearing and color blind?
9. What is the importance of delaying the appearance of Motorcycle Boy until the third chapter?
10. Why does Rusty-James not understand that Patty is mad that he fooed around with another girl at the lake?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)