|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After going to the guidance office, where does Rusty-James go when he leaves school?
2. Who does Rusty-James love for certain?
(b) His father.
(d) The Motorcycle Boy.
3. What does Rusty-James do to help himself feel better?
(a) He drinks.
(b) He goes back to sleep.
(c) He thinks about people he likes.
(d) He smokes.
4. What promise does Rusty-James make to Patty?
(a) That he will not come over anymore.
(b) That he will marry her.
(c) That he will love her forever.
(d) That he will not fight anymore.
5. Where is Rusty-James at the onset of the novel?
(a) The city.
(b) The beach.
(c) The reformatory.
(d) The hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rusty-James do at lunch with Smokey and B.J.?
2. Where does Motorcycle Boy say he has been for the last two weeks?
3. What does Patty do when she see Rusty-James at Benny's?
4. In Chapter 5, when Rusty-James arrives home the next morning, whom does his father say has gone looking for him?
5. Why is Benny upset when the junior high school kids hang out at his place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the importance of delaying the appearance of Motorcycle Boy until the third chapter?
2. What does Rusty-James' father mean when he says, "Our marriage was a classic example of a preacher marrying an atheist, thinking to make a convert?"
3. Why is it important for Rusty-James' friends to go to the vacant lot to watch him fight Biff?
4. What does Rusty-James mean when he says that Motorcycle Boy is living in a glass bubble?
5. What does Rusty-James' bad grammar and slang tell the reader about his character?
6. What sets Motorcycle Boy apart from the others?
7. In Chapter 3, what does the apartment reveal about Rusty-James' family?
8. What does ordering chocolate milk from the counter at Benny's say about Rusty-James?
9. What is implied by the fact that Motorcycle Boy has not always been color blind?
10. What does Motorcycle Boy mean when he tells Steve, "loyalty is his only vice?"
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)