|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of temper does Rusty-James usually have?
(a) A calm one.
(b) A quick one.
(c) A slow to build one.
(d) A mean one.
2. What does Rusty-James do for the first time when Motorcycle Boy opens all the cages?
(b) Lose a fight.
3. Once he leaves the bar, what does Rusty-James do to get home faster?
(a) He steals a car.
(b) He takes short cuts through alleys.
(c) He hails a cab.
(d) He jogs home.
4. What does Motorcycle Boy tell Rusty-James the strip's colors look like to him?
(a) A magazine article.
(b) A movie.
(c) A black and white TV.
(d) A rainbow.
5. After six years, how does Steve feel about seeing Rusty-James again?
(a) It is like seeing his best friend again.
(b) It is like seeing his life again.
(c) It is like seeing his dad again.
(d) It is like seeing Motorcycle Boy again.
6. What does Motorcycle Boy take to the river?
(a) The trash.
(b) The fish.
(d) A raft.
7. While at Benny's, who does Rusty-James believe still loves him?
(b) His mother.
8. At Benny's, who does Rusty-James ask to step outside to talk?
9. In the present, what does Steve invite Rusty-James to do as he stands on the beach?
(a) Go to class.
(b) Go shopping.
(c) Go to dinner.
(d) Go to the beach.
10. Who does Steve say is "just like a ball in a pinball machine?"
(b) Motorcycle Boy.
11. To what is Motorcycle Boy referring when he says, "...is like a beautiful wild kid on heroin, high as a kite and thinking she's on top of the world, not knowing she's dying, not believing it even if you show her the marks."
(d) His mother.
12. What does Steve's father do when Steve comes home after 10 o'clock?
(a) He yells at Steve.
(b) He leeaves.
(c) He beats Steve.
(d) He grounds Steve.
13. What does Motorcycle Boy classify as dope?
14. Where do Motorcycle Boy and Rusty-James go after they cross the bridge?
(a) Into the city.
(b) Into the river's waters.
(c) Into the school.
(d) Into the country.
15. What happens to Rusty-James after he tells the doctor he is not going to the hospital?
(a) He passes out.
(b) Everything turns gray and a ringing starts in his ears.
(c) He goes anyway.
(d) He starts to bleed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Rusty-James spend the rest of the day after he leaves Steve's?
2. How does Rusty-James think of Steve now?
3. What place does Rusty-James hate?
4. What does Rusty-James steal from the drugstore?
5. Who does Rusty-James punch on the street in Chapter 8?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)