|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the present, what does Steve invite Rusty-James to do as he stands on the beach?
(a) Go shopping.
(b) Go to class.
(c) Go to dinner.
(d) Go to the beach.
2. After six years, how does Steve feel about seeing Rusty-James again?
(a) It is like seeing Motorcycle Boy again.
(b) It is like seeing his best friend again.
(c) It is like seeing his dad again.
(d) It is like seeing his life again.
3. What does Rusty-James like about being out in the city?
(a) He enjoys the freedom.
(b) He enjoys the booze.
(c) He enjoys the scents.
(d) He enjoys the crowds and the lights.
4. What happens to Rusty-James when he discovers Motorcycle Boy is dead?
(a) He faints.
(b) He screams.
(c) The world loses color and sound.
(d) He fights.
5. According to Steve, what "set off" his dad after he comes home at six in the morning?
(a) Steve's denial.
(b) Steve's hangover.
(c) The orange makeup on his shirt from the girl he met the previous night.
(d) Steve's attitude.
6. Who is whacked in the head with a tire iron?
(a) One of the two guys.
(d) Motorcycle Boy.
7. What does Steve say Rusty-James would do to the people in the neighborhood if he went back?
(a) Give them a heart attack.
(b) Shoot them.
(c) Beat them.
(d) Sue them.
8. What does Rusty-James do when Smokey tells him he would not be president of the gangs?
(a) Rusty-James agrees.
(b) Rusty-James punches him.
(c) Rusty-James stabs him.
(d) Rusty-James does not believe it.
9. What kind of temper does Rusty-James usually have?
(a) A slow to build one.
(b) A calm one.
(c) A quick one.
(d) A mean one.
10. While at Benny's, who does Rusty-James believe still loves him?
(c) His mother.
11. While on the beach, to what does Rusty-James listen as Steve talks?
(a) Boats zipping by.
(b) The birds.
(c) People talking.
(d) The ocean waves.
12. What does Rusty-James' father say about Motorcycle Boy when Rusty-James asks if they are crazy?
(a) That Motorcycle Boy is like him.
(b) That Motorcycle Boy is crazy.
(c) That Motorcycle Boy is happy most of the time.
(d) That Motorcycle Boy is not crazy.
13. Who is with Motorcycle Boy when he leaves his apartment and breaks in?
14. To what is Motorcycle Boy referring when he says, "...is like a beautiful wild kid on heroin, high as a kite and thinking she's on top of the world, not knowing she's dying, not believing it even if you show her the marks."
(c) His mother.
15. What happens to Rusty-James during the last rumble?
(a) Rusty-James beats up someone.
(b) Rusty-James is cut with a knife.
(c) Rusty-James goes to jail.
(d) Rusty-James is shot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Steve's father do when Steve comes home after 10 o'clock?
2. While at the beach, what does Steve offer to buy Rusty-James?
3. Who does Steve say is "just like someone out of a book?"
4. Who drinks alcohol with Rusty-James when on the other side of the river?
5. When Rusty-James and Steve wake up after passing out at the bar, who has left them?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)