|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who drinks alcohol with Rusty-James when on the other side of the river?
2. What does Steve do when he notices what is playing on the screen at the movie?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He throws up.
(c) He runs out.
(d) He grins.
3. What does Smokey say Rusty-James' position in the gang would be?
(a) A lieutenant.
(b) A runner.
(c) A sergeant.
4. What happens to Rusty-James when he discovers Motorcycle Boy is dead?
(a) The world loses color and sound.
(b) He screams.
(c) He faints.
(d) He fights.
5. When he comes in after he and Motorcycle Boy get home from the pet store, what does Rusty-James ask his father?
(a) If he is crazy.
(b) If his mother is crazy.
(c) Why does he leave Rusty-James?
(d) If he is adopted.
6. What does Motorcycle Boy tell Rusty-James the strip's colors look like to him?
(a) A rainbow.
(b) A movie.
(c) A magazine article.
(d) A black and white TV.
7. Back in the present on the beach, what does Steve tell Rusty-James he has learned?
(a) Make life easy by giving in.
(b) Give up and quit trying.
(c) Make up your mind and work hard to get there.
(d) Make up your mind and use people until you get what you want.
8. Where do Motorcycle Boy and Rusty-James go after they cross the bridge?
(a) Into the school.
(b) Into the river's waters.
(c) Into the country.
(d) Into the city.
9. What does Steve's father do when Steve comes home after 10 o'clock?
(a) He leeaves.
(b) He beats Steve.
(c) He yells at Steve.
(d) He grounds Steve.
10. What does Rusty-James hope will happen if he does not see Steve again?
(a) He will remember more.
(b) He will sleep better.
(c) He will miss him.
(d) He will forget.
11. What does Rusty-James do for the first time when Motorcycle Boy opens all the cages?
(c) Lose a fight.
12. Who sits down and talks to Rusty-James before going into Benny's?
(d) Motorcycle Boy.
13. At what age does Motorcycle Boy stop being a little kid?
14. Who does Steve say is "just like a ball in a pinball machine?"
(a) Motorcycle Boy.
15. Who does Steve say is "just like someone out of a book?"
(a) His father.
(d) Motorcycle Boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Steve fear while watching the movie?
2. When Rusty-James and Steve wake up after passing out at the bar, who has left them?
3. Who is referred to as "royalty in exile?"
4. Who subs at Rusty-James ' school?
5. In Chapter 7, whom does Steve worry Rusty-James will become?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)