|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rusty-James like about being out in the city?
(a) He enjoys the freedom.
(b) He enjoys the scents.
(c) He enjoys the booze.
(d) He enjoys the crowds and the lights.
2. Who shows up and meets Smokey at Benny's?
3. After six years, how does Steve feel about seeing Rusty-James again?
(a) It is like seeing Motorcycle Boy again.
(b) It is like seeing his life again.
(c) It is like seeing his dad again.
(d) It is like seeing his best friend again.
4. What does Motorcycle Boy do right in the middle of the last rumble?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He stabs someone.
(c) He screams.
(d) He bites someone.
5. Why does Rusty-James say Steve is his best friend?
(a) He does not have to pretend to be the toughest cat in town with Steve.
(b) Steve is rich.
(c) Steve needs him.
(d) Steve is smart.
6. Who dies in the last gang rumble?
(a) Patty's sister.
(b) Coach Ryan's son.
(c) Rusty-James' brother.
(d) Bill Braden.
7. What kind of movie does Motorcycle Boy buy for Steve and Rusty-James to see?
(a) A skin flick.
(b) An action movie.
(c) A science fiction movie.
(d) A drama.
8. Rusty-James says seeing Steve again was like seeing what?
(a) Seeing a relative.
(b) Seeing a ghost.
(c) Seeing his brother.
(d) Seeing a friend.
9. What does Motorcycle Boy tell Rusty-James scares him about their mother?
(a) That Rusty-James' mother is alive in California.
(b) That she will hurt him.
(c) That she loves him.
(d) That she will go away again.
10. What reason does Motorcycle Boy give to Rusty-James for not drinking?
(a) He does not like to lose control.
(b) It makes him sick.
(c) He does not like the flavors.
(d) He does not like the way it tastes.
11. Back in the present on the beach, what does Steve tell Rusty-James he has learned?
(a) Make life easy by giving in.
(b) Give up and quit trying.
(c) Make up your mind and use people until you get what you want.
(d) Make up your mind and work hard to get there.
12. In what does Steve believe?
(a) Letting Fate decide.
(b) Working hard and playing hard.
(c) Working hard to overcome your environment.
(d) Stay quiet and doing nothing.
13. After leaving the skin flick, to what kind of bar do Rusty-James, Steve, and Motorcycle Boy go?
(a) A bar for college students.
(b) An expensive bar.
(c) A bar for bikers.
(d) A mostly black bar.
14. Who does Rusty-James say he will look like when he gets older?
(a) James Dean.
(b) His father.
(c) Motorcycle Boy.
(d) His mother.
15. Later that night, Motorcycle Boy breaks into what building?
(b) The school.
(c) The pet store.
(d) The drugstore.
Short Answer Questions
1. While at Benny's, who does Rusty-James believe still loves him?
2. What happens when Steve tells Rusty-James that Motorcycle Boy is nuts?
3. What does Rusty-James like about the ocean?
4. Who does Steve say is "just like a ball in a pinball machine?"
5. What does Steve say Rusty-James would do to the people in the neighborhood if he went back?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)