|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Steve say is "just like someone out of a book?"
(b) Motorcycle Boy.
(c) His father.
2. What kind of temper does Rusty-James usually have?
(a) A slow to build one.
(b) A quick one.
(c) A mean one.
(d) A calm one.
3. What does Smokey say Rusty-James' position in the gang would be?
(a) A sergeant.
(b) A lieutenant.
(d) A runner.
4. Who steps out of the darkness with a tire iron?
(b) One black and one white guy.
(c) Motorcycle Boy.
5. What does Rusty-James like about being out in the city?
(a) He enjoys the scents.
(b) He enjoys the freedom.
(c) He enjoys the booze.
(d) He enjoys the crowds and the lights.
6. What does Rusty-James do for the first time when Motorcycle Boy opens all the cages?
(d) Lose a fight.
7. Where do Motorcycle Boy and Rusty-James go after they cross the bridge?
(a) Into the river's waters.
(b) Into the country.
(c) Into the city.
(d) Into the school.
8. The night after Rusty-James is dumped by Patty, who does he get to go out with him?
9. Who shows up and meets Smokey at Benny's?
10. While at the beach, what does Steve offer to buy Rusty-James?
(a) A burger.
(b) A soda.
(c) A beer.
(d) A bottle of brandy.
11. At what age does Motorcycle Boy stop being a little kid?
12. What reason does Motorcycle Boy give to Rusty-James for not drinking?
(a) He does not like the way it tastes.
(b) It makes him sick.
(c) He does not like to lose control.
(d) He does not like the flavors.
13. Back in the present on the beach, what does Steve tell Rusty-James he has learned?
(a) Make up your mind and use people until you get what you want.
(b) Make life easy by giving in.
(c) Give up and quit trying.
(d) Make up your mind and work hard to get there.
14. Who is referred to as "royalty in exile?"
(c) Motorcycle Boy.
15. What place does Rusty-James hate?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Motorcycle Boy tell Rusty-James scares him about their mother?
2. Who drinks alcohol with Rusty-James when on the other side of the river?
3. What happens to Rusty-James during the last rumble?
4. What happens to Rusty-James after he tells the doctor he is not going to the hospital?
5. Who is with Motorcycle Boy when he leaves his apartment and breaks in?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)