|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Rusty-James after he tells the doctor he is not going to the hospital?
(a) He passes out.
(b) He goes anyway.
(c) He starts to bleed.
(d) Everything turns gray and a ringing starts in his ears.
2. After six years, how does Steve feel about seeing Rusty-James again?
(a) It is like seeing his dad again.
(b) It is like seeing Motorcycle Boy again.
(c) It is like seeing his best friend again.
(d) It is like seeing his life again.
3. What does Steve's father do when Steve comes home after 10 o'clock?
(a) He leeaves.
(b) He yells at Steve.
(c) He beats Steve.
(d) He grounds Steve.
4. What does Rusty-James' father say about Motorcycle Boy when Rusty-James asks if they are crazy?
(a) That Motorcycle Boy is crazy.
(b) That Motorcycle Boy is happy most of the time.
(c) That Motorcycle Boy is not crazy.
(d) That Motorcycle Boy is like him.
5. Where does Rusty-James go after he wakes up with a bad headache?
(b) A clinic.
6. How does Rusty-James think of Steve now?
(a) He is boring.
(b) He is a stranger.
(c) He is crazy.
(d) He is still the same.
7. After leaving the pet store, what does Motorcycle Boy do when he and Rusty-James get home?
(a) He eats dinner.
(b) He yells at Rusty-James.
(c) He goes to sleep.
(d) He reads.
8. What does Motorcycle Boy tell Rusty-James scares him about their mother?
(a) That Rusty-James' mother is alive in California.
(b) That she will hurt him.
(c) That she loves him.
(d) That she will go away again.
9. To what is Motorcycle Boy referring when he says, "...is like a beautiful wild kid on heroin, high as a kite and thinking she's on top of the world, not knowing she's dying, not believing it even if you show her the marks."
(d) His mother.
10. Who does Rusty-James say he will look like when he gets older?
(a) His father.
(b) Motorcycle Boy.
(c) His mother.
(d) James Dean.
11. What happens when Steve tells Rusty-James that Motorcycle Boy is nuts?
(a) Rusty-James storms out.
(b) Rusty-James slams Steve against the wall.
(c) Rusty-James cries.
(d) Rusty-James agrees.
12. What happens to Rusty-James when he discovers Motorcycle Boy is dead?
(a) He fights.
(b) He screams.
(c) He faints.
(d) The world loses color and sound.
13. What does Steve say Rusty-James would do to the people in the neighborhood if he went back?
(a) Beat them.
(b) Shoot them.
(c) Sue them.
(d) Give them a heart attack.
14. While on the beach, to what does Rusty-James listen as Steve talks?
(a) Boats zipping by.
(b) The ocean waves.
(c) People talking.
(d) The birds.
15. At Benny's, who does Rusty-James ask to step outside to talk?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Rusty-James punch on the street in Chapter 8?
2. What place does Rusty-James hate?
3. If there were still gangs, why does Smokey believe he would be president of a gang?
4. About what does Rusty-James think when someone steps out of the darkness in the ally?
5. What does Rusty-James take with him when he walks across the bridge?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)