|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is with Motorcycle Boy when he leaves his apartment and breaks in?
2. Where does Rusty-James spend the rest of the day after he leaves Steve's?
(a) At Benny's.
(b) At a bar.
(c) At home.
(d) At school.
3. Who sits down and talks to Rusty-James before going into Benny's?
(c) Motorcycle Boy.
4. If there were still gangs, why does Smokey believe he would be president of a gang?
(a) He is smarter than Rusty-James.
(b) He is a better fighter.
(c) He is a bigger boy.
(d) He is wealthier.
5. Back in the present on the beach, what does Steve tell Rusty-James he has learned?
(a) Make life easy by giving in.
(b) Give up and quit trying.
(c) Make up your mind and use people until you get what you want.
(d) Make up your mind and work hard to get there.
6. What does Rusty-James' father say about Motorcycle Boy when Rusty-James asks if they are crazy?
(a) That Motorcycle Boy is crazy.
(b) That Motorcycle Boy is like him.
(c) That Motorcycle Boy is happy most of the time.
(d) That Motorcycle Boy is not crazy.
7. What does Rusty-James take with him when he walks across the bridge?
(a) Cherry vodka.
8. What happens to Rusty-James after he tells the doctor he is not going to the hospital?
(a) He goes anyway.
(b) He passes out.
(c) He starts to bleed.
(d) Everything turns gray and a ringing starts in his ears.
9. In Chapter 7, whom does Steve worry Rusty-James will become?
(a) Motorcycle Boy.
(b) A bum.
(c) A criminal.
(d) Rusty-James' father.
10. Rusty-James says seeing Steve again was like seeing what?
(a) Seeing a ghost.
(b) Seeing a relative.
(c) Seeing his brother.
(d) Seeing a friend.
11. Who does Rusty-James often says forgets about him?
(a) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) Motorcycle Boy.
12. How does Rusty-James think of Steve now?
(a) He is crazy.
(b) He is still the same.
(c) He is a stranger.
(d) He is boring.
13. What happens to Rusty-James when he discovers Motorcycle Boy is dead?
(a) He faints.
(b) The world loses color and sound.
(c) He fights.
(d) He screams.
14. To whose house does Rusty-James go after leaving the drugstore?
(b) His own home.
15. After leaving the pet store, what does Motorcycle Boy do when he and Rusty-James get home?
(a) He yells at Rusty-James.
(b) He goes to sleep.
(c) He eats dinner.
(d) He reads.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Motorcycle Boy tell Rusty-James scares him about their mother?
2. What does Motorcycle Boy do right in the middle of the last rumble?
3. In the present, what does Steve invite Rusty-James to do as he stands on the beach?
4. What happens when Steve tells Rusty-James that Motorcycle Boy is nuts?
5. Who subs at Rusty-James ' school?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)