|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Steve, what "set off" his dad after he comes home at six in the morning?
(a) Steve's hangover.
(b) Steve's denial.
(c) Steve's attitude.
(d) The orange makeup on his shirt from the girl he met the previous night.
2. Who does Rusty-James want to see from the front booth?
(b) Motorcycle Boy.
(c) Coach Ryan.
3. What does Rusty-James take with him when he walks across the bridge?
(c) Cherry vodka.
4. Who steps out of the darkness with a tire iron?
(c) One black and one white guy.
(d) Motorcycle Boy.
5. What does Rusty-James like about being out in the city?
(a) He enjoys the scents.
(b) He enjoys the booze.
(c) He enjoys the crowds and the lights.
(d) He enjoys the freedom.
6. What reason does Motorcycle Boy give to Rusty-James for not drinking?
(a) He does not like the flavors.
(b) He does not like the way it tastes.
(c) It makes him sick.
(d) He does not like to lose control.
7. About what does Rusty-James tell everyone at Benny's?
(a) His expulsion from school.
(b) His wild night across the river.
(c) His father's old profession.
(d) His head injury.
8. After six years, how does Steve feel about seeing Rusty-James again?
(a) It is like seeing his best friend again.
(b) It is like seeing Motorcycle Boy again.
(c) It is like seeing his life again.
(d) It is like seeing his dad again.
9. What does Motorcycle Boy take to the river?
(b) The fish.
(c) A raft.
(d) The trash.
10. Later that night, Motorcycle Boy breaks into what building?
(a) The school.
(c) The pet store.
(d) The drugstore.
11. What happens when Steve tells Rusty-James that Motorcycle Boy is nuts?
(a) Rusty-James slams Steve against the wall.
(b) Rusty-James storms out.
(c) Rusty-James cries.
(d) Rusty-James agrees.
12. Who does Steve say is "just like someone out of a book?"
(a) Motorcycle Boy.
(c) His father.
13. In what does Steve believe?
(a) Stay quiet and doing nothing.
(b) Working hard and playing hard.
(c) Letting Fate decide.
(d) Working hard to overcome your environment.
14. What does Motorcycle Boy tell Rusty-James scares him about their mother?
(a) That she loves him.
(b) That she will hurt him.
(c) That she will go away again.
(d) That Rusty-James' mother is alive in California.
15. What does Steve do when he notices what is playing on the screen at the movie?
(a) He runs out.
(b) He grins.
(c) He throws up.
(d) He laughs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rusty-James' father say about Motorcycle Boy when Rusty-James asks if they are crazy?
2. What does Rusty-James do when Smokey tells him he would not be president of the gangs?
3. Back in the present on the beach, what does Steve tell Rusty-James he has learned?
4. Who sits down and talks to Rusty-James before going into Benny's?
5. What does Rusty-James like about the ocean?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)