|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rusty-James' mother marry his father?
(a) Because she is sad.
(b) Because she is pregnant.
(c) Because she is in love.
(d) Because it is fun.
2. Who does Steve say is "just like someone out of a book?"
(b) His father.
(c) Motorcycle Boy.
3. Where do Motorcycle Boy and Rusty-James go after they cross the bridge?
(a) Into the river's waters.
(b) Into the city.
(c) Into the country.
(d) Into the school.
4. What place does Rusty-James hate?
5. What does Rusty-James hope will happen if he does not see Steve again?
(a) He will forget.
(b) He will miss him.
(c) He will remember more.
(d) He will sleep better.
6. What reason does Motorcycle Boy give to Rusty-James for not drinking?
(a) He does not like the flavors.
(b) It makes him sick.
(c) He does not like to lose control.
(d) He does not like the way it tastes.
7. Who sits down and talks to Rusty-James before going into Benny's?
(d) Motorcycle Boy.
8. Who is referred to as "royalty in exile?"
(b) Motorcycle Boy.
9. What does Motorcycle Boy take to the river?
(a) The trash.
(b) The fish.
(c) A raft.
10. What happens to Rusty-James during the last rumble?
(a) Rusty-James is shot.
(b) Rusty-James is cut with a knife.
(c) Rusty-James goes to jail.
(d) Rusty-James beats up someone.
11. Who is with Motorcycle Boy when he leaves his apartment and breaks in?
12. Who shows up and meets Smokey at Benny's?
13. The night after Rusty-James is dumped by Patty, who does he get to go out with him?
14. To whose house does Rusty-James go after leaving the drugstore?
(c) His own home.
15. What does Rusty-James' father say about Motorcycle Boy when Rusty-James asks if they are crazy?
(a) That Motorcycle Boy is crazy.
(b) That Motorcycle Boy is happy most of the time.
(c) That Motorcycle Boy is not crazy.
(d) That Motorcycle Boy is like him.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Rusty-James tell everyone at Benny's?
2. Back in the present on the beach, what does Steve tell Rusty-James he has learned?
3. What does Steve say Rusty-James would do to the people in the neighborhood if he went back?
4. What does Rusty-James like about being out in the city?
5. What does Rusty-James do for the first time when Motorcycle Boy opens all the cages?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)