|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does Rusty-James tell everyone at Benny's?
(a) His head injury.
(b) His expulsion from school.
(c) His wild night across the river.
(d) His father's old profession.
2. When he comes in after he and Motorcycle Boy get home from the pet store, what does Rusty-James ask his father?
(a) If he is adopted.
(b) Why does he leave Rusty-James?
(c) If his mother is crazy.
(d) If he is crazy.
3. Who is with Motorcycle Boy when he leaves his apartment and breaks in?
4. What does Rusty-James like about the ocean?
(a) It is blue.
(b) That it will always be there.
(c) It is big.
(d) It is wet.
5. After leaving the pet store, what does Motorcycle Boy do when he and Rusty-James get home?
(a) He yells at Rusty-James.
(b) He goes to sleep.
(c) He reads.
(d) He eats dinner.
6. Who is referred to as "royalty in exile?"
(c) Motorcycle Boy.
7. In the present, what does Steve invite Rusty-James to do as he stands on the beach?
(a) Go to the beach.
(b) Go to dinner.
(c) Go shopping.
(d) Go to class.
8. Rusty-James says seeing Steve again was like seeing what?
(a) Seeing a friend.
(b) Seeing a relative.
(c) Seeing a ghost.
(d) Seeing his brother.
9. What does Motorcycle Boy classify as dope?
10. What does Rusty-James hope will happen if he does not see Steve again?
(a) He will miss him.
(b) He will forget.
(c) He will sleep better.
(d) He will remember more.
11. Back in the present on the beach, what does Steve tell Rusty-James he has learned?
(a) Make up your mind and work hard to get there.
(b) Make up your mind and use people until you get what you want.
(c) Give up and quit trying.
(d) Make life easy by giving in.
12. What does Steve's father do when Steve comes home after 10 o'clock?
(a) He leeaves.
(b) He yells at Steve.
(c) He beats Steve.
(d) He grounds Steve.
13. Who does Steve say is "just like someone out of a book?"
(a) Motorcycle Boy.
(d) His father.
14. What does Motorcycle Boy tell Rusty-James scares him about their mother?
(a) That she will hurt him.
(b) That she will go away again.
(c) That Rusty-James' mother is alive in California.
(d) That she loves him.
15. How does Rusty-James think of Steve now?
(a) He is boring.
(b) He is still the same.
(c) He is crazy.
(d) He is a stranger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What place does Rusty-James hate?
2. If there were still gangs, why does Smokey believe he would be president of a gang?
3. Who sits down and talks to Rusty-James before going into Benny's?
4. What does Steve say Rusty-James would do to the people in the neighborhood if he went back?
5. What does Rusty-James' father say about Motorcycle Boy when Rusty-James asks if they are crazy?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)