|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At Benny's, who does Rusty-James ask to step outside to talk?
2. What happens to Rusty-James during the last rumble?
(a) Rusty-James is shot.
(b) Rusty-James is cut with a knife.
(c) Rusty-James beats up someone.
(d) Rusty-James goes to jail.
3. Why does Rusty-James say Steve is his best friend?
(a) He does not have to pretend to be the toughest cat in town with Steve.
(b) Steve is smart.
(c) Steve is rich.
(d) Steve needs him.
4. Who shows up and meets Smokey at Benny's?
5. In the present, what does Steve invite Rusty-James to do as he stands on the beach?
(a) Go shopping.
(b) Go to dinner.
(c) Go to class.
(d) Go to the beach.
6. What does Rusty-James like about being out in the city?
(a) He enjoys the scents.
(b) He enjoys the crowds and the lights.
(c) He enjoys the booze.
(d) He enjoys the freedom.
7. According to Steve, what "set off" his dad after he comes home at six in the morning?
(a) Steve's attitude.
(b) Steve's denial.
(c) Steve's hangover.
(d) The orange makeup on his shirt from the girl he met the previous night.
8. In Chapter 7, whom does Steve worry Rusty-James will become?
(a) Motorcycle Boy.
(b) Rusty-James' father.
(c) A criminal.
(d) A bum.
9. Who does Rusty-James often says forgets about him?
(b) Motorcycle Boy.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
10. What does Motorcycle Boy tell Rusty-James scares him about their mother?
(a) That she loves him.
(b) That she will hurt him.
(c) That she will go away again.
(d) That Rusty-James' mother is alive in California.
11. What kind of movie does Motorcycle Boy buy for Steve and Rusty-James to see?
(a) An action movie.
(b) A skin flick.
(c) A drama.
(d) A science fiction movie.
12. What happens to Rusty-James when he discovers Motorcycle Boy is dead?
(a) The world loses color and sound.
(b) He faints.
(c) He fights.
(d) He screams.
13. About what does Rusty-James tell everyone at Benny's?
(a) His head injury.
(b) His wild night across the river.
(c) His father's old profession.
(d) His expulsion from school.
14. Rusty-James says seeing Steve again was like seeing what?
(a) Seeing a friend.
(b) Seeing a ghost.
(c) Seeing a relative.
(d) Seeing his brother.
15. When Rusty-James and Steve wake up after passing out at the bar, who has left them?
(c) Motorcycle Boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of temper does Rusty-James usually have?
2. Who does Steve say is "just like a ball in a pinball machine?"
3. What does Steve do when he notices what is playing on the screen at the movie?
4. For what does Rusty-James lose his taste?
5. Who is with Motorcycle Boy when he leaves his apartment and breaks in?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)