|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will Vullion use as a defense?
2. What is Davenport unable to get?
3. Which of the following things is not on the list of things Vullion does when he gets home?
4. The victim's neighbor reports seeing Vullion's car nearby. What kind of car is it?
5. Who does Davenport visit in relation to the missing gun?
Short Essay Questions
1. What alerts Vullion to the presence of the police?
2. What news does Davenport receive about Annie McGowan?
3. What is Lucas upset about in the beginning of this section?
4. What does Carla tell Davenport in regards to their relationship?
5. What does Vullion do instead of going to bed?
6. Who visits Nester? Why?
7. What is the conclusion Vullion and Jennifer reach about Lucas and Carla?
8. How long has it been since Heather was murdered? What do the police surmise?
9. What does Lucas find at Vullion's house?
10. What hinders Vullion's escape?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Sandford's use of Minnesota for the setting in the Lucas Davenport series. Why do you think Sandford chose Minnesota? How accurate do you think the setting is in regards to the real location? What areas are most commonly referenced in the story? What other location might have worked as well, if not better, than Minnesota? What is unique about the setting? What regionalisms are exhibited by Davenport and the rest of the characters? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Write a short story from the point of Jennifer Carey regarding her first meeting with Davenport. How did the pair become friends and eventually lovers? Does the couple have anything in common at all? If so, what? How does Carey adjust her professional life in regards to Lucas' work? How has the life of each character changed since they met?
Essay Topic 3
Davenport is well known as a successful video game inventor. Discuss how Davenport got into the business. What was the original idea? How are video games developed? What kinds of games are Davenport's specialty? Is it expensive to develop a game? Where does Davenport do his work? Who helps Davenport test the games? How do you think the video game business affects Davenport's police work? Do you think Davenport will stay with the business as well as the police force? If not, which job will he quit?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)