|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes part in the interview?
2. What item is purchased by the man?
3. Vullion studies the downfall of which famous serial killer?
4. What is the man's occupation?
5. Where does Vullion go after escaping the surveillance team?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Vullion know for sure that the police are onto him?
2. How long has it been since Heather was murdered? What do the police surmise?
3. What is Lucas upset about in the beginning of this section?
4. What does Lucas find at Vullion's house?
5. How does McGowan react to the news that she is being placed under surveillance? Why?
6. What does Lucas notice when he returns from picking up the pizza?
7. What is Vullion's plan for getting into Ruiz's apartment? Does it work?
8. What does Vullion say when Lucas holds him at gunpoint?
9. What does Vullion do while driving through Wisconsin?
10. What does Maddog do when he gets home from work?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the relationship between Lucas and Elle. What is the common ground for friendship? How do their professional lives often interfere with their personal relationship? How does one know when a boundary has been crossed? Do the friends respect each other? How has their relationship evolved? Where might it go from here? Do you think the relationship will ever change drastically? Did Lucas' relationship with Elle help or hinder Lucas' opinion? How did it affect the case?
Essay Topic 2
At the end of the story, Vullion dies from gunshot wounds. Davenport makes the death look like self-defense. Is there any difference between self-defense and murder? How might it be prosecuted in court? What do you think would happen to Davenport? How could either side prove its case? Use a real life story to gain insight into the process and how a verdict is determined. Also discuss possible repercussions for Davenport.
Essay Topic 3
Davenport is often viewed as a rogue cop, one who does not play by the book. Discuss this behavior. How is Davenport's method helpful to his work? How might it hinder or jeopardize an investigation? How do Davenport's colleagues feel about his behavior? Is Davenport viewed as an asset or liability by his commander? What kind of reprimands might Davenport receive for his unusual methods? Does Daniel know about Davenport's antics? Explain.
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)