|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is missing from Vullion's house?
2. What item does Davenport leave behind?
3. What is missing from the scene at Carla's?
4. From that point, how does Vullion get away?
5. What item is purchased by the man?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Vullion do instead of going to bed?
2. What have the detectives learned about tracing Vullion's identity?
3. What is Vullion's plan for getting into Ruiz's apartment? Does it work?
4. What alerts Vullion to the presence of the police?
5. How does Vullion react when he begins to get restless?
6. What does Lucas do after shooting Vullion?
7. What do the police discover when they get into Vullion's house?
8. What does Vullion say when Lucas holds him at gunpoint?
9. What kind of research does Vullion do while waiting to kill his next victim?
10. What is Lucas upset about in the beginning of this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At the end of the story, Vullion dies from gunshot wounds. Davenport makes the death look like self-defense. Is there any difference between self-defense and murder? How might it be prosecuted in court? What do you think would happen to Davenport? How could either side prove its case? Use a real life story to gain insight into the process and how a verdict is determined. Also discuss possible repercussions for Davenport.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the relationship between Lucas and Elle. What is the common ground for friendship? How do their professional lives often interfere with their personal relationship? How does one know when a boundary has been crossed? Do the friends respect each other? How has their relationship evolved? Where might it go from here? Do you think the relationship will ever change drastically? Did Lucas' relationship with Elle help or hinder Lucas' opinion? How did it affect the case?
Essay Topic 3
Davenport shot Vullion, knowing that Vullion would probably get away with the crimes. Examine Davenport's attempt at making the death look like self-defense. How else might Davenport have killed Vullion while making it look like self-defense or suicide? What kinds of tests might be conducted to prove or disprove Davenport's story? Use examples to illustrate your point.
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)