|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following things is not on the list of things Vullion does when he gets home?
2. When did Vullion return to Minneapolis?
3. What type of dog attacks Vullion?
4. Who takes part in the interview?
5. On what day did the coverage stop regarding Wheatcroft's murder?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Vullion gain entry into Wheatcroft's home?
2. What does Lucas find at Vullion's house?
3. What alerts Vullion to the presence of the police?
4. Why doesn't Nester spend much time with the Rices? How does it affect the case?
5. What news does Davenport receive about Annie McGowan?
6. What does Vullion say when Lucas holds him at gunpoint?
7. What kind of research does Vullion do while waiting to kill his next victim?
8. What is Lucas upset about in the beginning of this section?
9. What does Vullion do while driving through Wisconsin?
10. Who visits Nester? Why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the relationship between Lucas and Elle. What is the common ground for friendship? How do their professional lives often interfere with their personal relationship? How does one know when a boundary has been crossed? Do the friends respect each other? How has their relationship evolved? Where might it go from here? Do you think the relationship will ever change drastically? Did Lucas' relationship with Elle help or hinder Lucas' opinion? How did it affect the case?
Essay Topic 2
At the end of the story, Vullion dies from gunshot wounds. Davenport makes the death look like self-defense. Is there any difference between self-defense and murder? How might it be prosecuted in court? What do you think would happen to Davenport? How could either side prove its case? Use a real life story to gain insight into the process and how a verdict is determined. Also discuss possible repercussions for Davenport.
Essay Topic 3
Davenport is often viewed as a rogue cop, one who does not play by the book. Discuss this behavior. How is Davenport's method helpful to his work? How might it hinder or jeopardize an investigation? How do Davenport's colleagues feel about his behavior? Is Davenport viewed as an asset or liability by his commander? What kind of reprimands might Davenport receive for his unusual methods? Does Daniel know about Davenport's antics? Explain.
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)