|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the man's occupation?
2. Where did Vullion spot the surveillance?
3. Who do the partners approach once again?
4. Which character gets a new job?
5. Vullion studies the downfall of which famous serial killer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lucas do after shooting Vullion?
2. What does Lucas find at Vullion's house?
3. What hinders Vullion's escape?
4. What is Lucas upset about in the beginning of this section?
5. How long has it been since Heather was murdered? What do the police surmise?
6. What kind of research does Vullion do while waiting to kill his next victim?
7. What do the police discover when they get into Vullion's house?
8. How does Vullion know when Annie is home?
9. What does Lucas find when he wakes up the next morning?
10. Who visits Nester? Why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Davenport is often viewed as a rogue cop, one who does not play by the book. Discuss this behavior. How is Davenport's method helpful to his work? How might it hinder or jeopardize an investigation? How do Davenport's colleagues feel about his behavior? Is Davenport viewed as an asset or liability by his commander? What kind of reprimands might Davenport receive for his unusual methods? Does Daniel know about Davenport's antics? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Daniel and Davenport have an interesting professional relationship. The two veteran cops seem to respect one another. Discuss how the mutual admiration benefits their working relationship. Explore how Daniel's style of leadership has helped Davenport form his own style. What are the similarities? What is Daniel's background and how does it compare to Davenport's background?
Essay Topic 3
At the end of the story, Vullion dies from gunshot wounds. Davenport makes the death look like self-defense. Is there any difference between self-defense and murder? How might it be prosecuted in court? What do you think would happen to Davenport? How could either side prove its case? Use a real life story to gain insight into the process and how a verdict is determined. Also discuss possible repercussions for Davenport.
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)