|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Vullion react to his increasing urge to kill?
2. What item does Lucas manufacture in Chapter 29?
3. At what time does Vullion supposedly go to bed?
4. What did Vullion fall into when trying to escape?
5. How does Vullion plan to escape?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Vullion do while driving through Wisconsin?
2. Who visits Nester? Why?
3. What does Vullion do when he reaches his house?
4. What does Lucas notice when he returns from picking up the pizza?
5. What hinders Vullion's escape?
6. What does Lucas find at Vullion's house?
7. What kind of research does Vullion do while waiting to kill his next victim?
8. What does Vullion do instead of going to bed?
9. What is Vullion's plan for getting into Ruiz's apartment? Does it work?
10. What does Lucas find when he wakes up the next morning?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose a feature story from one of the tabloids and re-write it as a real news item from Carey's point of view. Pretend that the story might be found in a respected newspaper. What are the challenges? Are you pleased with the outcome?
Essay Topic 2
Write a short story from the point of Jennifer Carey regarding her first meeting with Davenport. How did the pair become friends and eventually lovers? Does the couple have anything in common at all? If so, what? How does Carey adjust her professional life in regards to Lucas' work? How has the life of each character changed since they met?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characters, plots, settings, and outcomes of the stories woven into RULES OF PREY. Use the scenarios in another one of Sandford's series of books for comparison. How do the story lines differ? What is the conclusion of each story? Which lead character did you like better? Explain.
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)