|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vullion locate in/on his car?
2. Where does Vullion spend the night?
3. What does Davenport find at Vullion's home?
4. In what city does Vullion spend the night?
5. How does Vullion react to his increasing urge to kill?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lucas do after shooting Vullion?
2. How long has it been since Heather was murdered? What do the police surmise?
3. How does Vullion know for sure that the police are onto him?
4. What is Vullion's plan for getting into Ruiz's apartment? Does it work?
5. What does Vullion do when he reaches his house?
6. What does Vullion do while driving through Wisconsin?
7. Why doesn't Nester spend much time with the Rices? How does it affect the case?
8. What kind of research does Vullion do while waiting to kill his next victim?
9. What does Lucas find at Vullion's house?
10. What does Vullion say when Lucas holds him at gunpoint?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the characters, plots, settings, and outcomes of the stories woven into RULES OF PREY. Use the scenarios in another one of Sandford's series of books for comparison. How do the story lines differ? What is the conclusion of each story? Which lead character did you like better? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Daniel and Davenport have an interesting professional relationship. The two veteran cops seem to respect one another. Discuss how the mutual admiration benefits their working relationship. Explore how Daniel's style of leadership has helped Davenport form his own style. What are the similarities? What is Daniel's background and how does it compare to Davenport's background?
Essay Topic 3
Write a short story from the point of Jennifer Carey regarding her first meeting with Davenport. How did the pair become friends and eventually lovers? Does the couple have anything in common at all? If so, what? How does Carey adjust her professional life in regards to Lucas' work? How has the life of each character changed since they met?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)