|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the intended victim's first name?
2. Where is the meeting between the cops held?
3. Where did the leak supposedly come from?
4. Ruiz recognizes the suspect. Where has Ruiz seen the suspect before?
5. Where does the next killing take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the police feel about the lead regarding Maddog's possible origin?
2. What is Davenport doing in the beginning? Who is watching?
3. How is Davenport able to question Sparks when he is out of state?
4. What is the result of Maddog's encounter with Carla Ruiz?
5. What is the opening description of the room as it appears in the first chapter?
6. What childhood activity was the springboard for Maddog's killing sprees?
7. How is Davenport notified of Brown's death? How did the clerk know something happened to Brown?
8. What does Davenport find when he searches the suspect's house?
9. How does Maddog approach his next victim? What is the reason he speaks with the woman?
10. What does Maddog do regarding the news reports on the murders? What is the result?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Vullion thinks about his past and how he started on the path to murder. Vullion used to torture animals, mostly squirrels. That torture led up to his first murder and the discovery of the excitement he felt each time some one or something died. Discuss Vullion's past. What might cause someone to torture an animal? What do you think prompted Vullion to do it? How did Vullion make the leap from torturing animals to killing people? Why is this a common thread amongst most serial killers?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the relationship between Jennifer and Lucas. Are they close? Is there anything unusual about their relationship? How might the pregnancy affect the relationship? Why do you think Jennifer refuses to marry Lucas? What might happen to the baby? Who do you think would get custody? How will it affect the relationship?
Essay Topic 3
Write a short story from the point of Jennifer Carey regarding her first meeting with Davenport. How did the pair become friends and eventually lovers? Does the couple have anything in common at all? If so, what? How does Carey adjust her professional life in regards to Lucas' work? How has the life of each character changed since they met?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)