|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What object does this particular victim use to hit the killer?
2. What was the suspect doing near the house being shown by Lewis?
3. Who does Davenport interview about the attacks?
4. What was the occupation of the second victim?
5. What does the woman do for a living?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Maddog do regarding the news reports on the murders? What is the result?
2. Where did the next crime take place? What is found by the police? What is unusual about it?
3. How is Davenport notified of Brown's death? How did the clerk know something happened to Brown?
4. What does Davenport find when he searches the suspect's house?
5. What are the initial actions being taken by the killer? How does he feel?
6. Who does Vullion spot on the street at the hotel? What does he do about it?
7. What happens when Vullion appears in court? What affects Vullion?
8. How does Davenport react when Carey asks to interview Ruiz?
9. What is the opening description of the room as it appears in the first chapter?
10. How do the police feel about the lead regarding Maddog's possible origin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Davenport is well known as a successful video game inventor. Discuss how Davenport got into the business. What was the original idea? How are video games developed? What kinds of games are Davenport's specialty? Is it expensive to develop a game? Where does Davenport do his work? Who helps Davenport test the games? How do you think the video game business affects Davenport's police work? Do you think Davenport will stay with the business as well as the police force? If not, which job will he quit?
Essay Topic 2
Examine John Sandford's Lucas Davenport series. How many books are there? Write a character profile of Lucas Davenport. Discuss how the character has progressed and evolved throughout the series. Where might Davenport go next? How might Davenport's relationships with Elle, Jennifer, and his colleagues change in future books?
Essay Topic 3
Vullion had frequent flashbacks about childhood, being abused, and torturing animals. Write an essay explaining Vullion's violent and traumatic childhood. What happened to Vullion's parents? Why was she so badly abused? How did the experience change Vullion? Do you think Vullion could have overcome his childhood traumas? Explain.
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)