|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ruiz recognizes the suspect. Where has Ruiz seen the suspect before?
2. The first killing took place how long after the killer was offended by her?
3. Who is the possible suspect in the murders?
4. What is the name of Brown's pimp?
5. What seems to be a possible thread to the victims?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the initial actions being taken by the killer? How does he feel?
2. Examine the first official police action in the investigation of Maddog.
3. What childhood activity was the springboard for Maddog's killing sprees?
4. Who does Vullion spot on the street at the hotel? What does he do about it?
5. What does Davenport find when he searches the suspect's house?
6. Where did the next crime take place? What is found by the police? What is unusual about it?
7. What offer does Davenport make to Ruiz in relation to police protection?
8. What is one of the reasons Smithe cannot be guilty of the murders?
9. Explain what happens when Davenport goes to interview Carla Ruiz.
10. What does Davenport learn about Sparks?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the characters, plots, settings, and outcomes of the stories woven into RULES OF PREY. Use the scenarios in another one of Sandford's series of books for comparison. How do the story lines differ? What is the conclusion of each story? Which lead character did you like better? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Write a short memoir that might have been written by Louis Vullion. What types of things would Vullion be most proud of in his career and personal lives? What other types of professional work might Vullion have done? Would the memoir include details of his relationships with his victims? How might Vullion describe how he felt before, during and after each murder?
Essay Topic 3
Jennifer Carey announces that she is pregnant but refuses to marry Lucas. Why does Carey refuse? What is Davenport's reaction? What are Carey's plans for work? What does Cary plan to do about the baby? What are Davenport's plans? To whom does Davenport go for advice? What is the state of the relationship between Carey and Davenport? What do you think might happen? Do you think the trend of unmarried people having babies has increased or decreased over the past 5 years? 10 years? Explain.
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)