|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first name of the female artist that got away?
2. What does Maddog save in relation to the murders?
3. What kind of thrill does the killer get from the act of violence?
4. Who is the head of homicide?
5. What adjective can be used in describing the suspect's behavior when being interviewed by police?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of the conversation between Lucas and Internal Affairs? What is the result?
2. What happens when Vullion appears in court? What affects Vullion?
3. What does Vullion say when he calls Davenport?
4. What is the opening description of the room as it appears in the first chapter?
5. What are the initial actions being taken by the killer? How does he feel?
6. What is Davenport doing in the beginning? Who is watching?
7. Explain what happens when Davenport goes to interview Carla Ruiz.
8. How does Davenport react when Carey asks to interview Ruiz?
9. What childhood activity was the springboard for Maddog's killing sprees?
10. How is Davenport notified of Brown's death? How did the clerk know something happened to Brown?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the relationship between Jennifer and Lucas. Are they close? Is there anything unusual about their relationship? How might the pregnancy affect the relationship? Why do you think Jennifer refuses to marry Lucas? What might happen to the baby? Who do you think would get custody? How will it affect the relationship?
Essay Topic 2
Davenport is well known as a successful video game inventor. Discuss how Davenport got into the business. What was the original idea? How are video games developed? What kinds of games are Davenport's specialty? Is it expensive to develop a game? Where does Davenport do his work? Who helps Davenport test the games? How do you think the video game business affects Davenport's police work? Do you think Davenport will stay with the business as well as the police force? If not, which job will he quit?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the relationship between Lucas and Elle. What is the common ground for friendship? How do their professional lives often interfere with their personal relationship? How does one know when a boundary has been crossed? Do the friends respect each other? How has their relationship evolved? Where might it go from here? Do you think the relationship will ever change drastically? Did Lucas' relationship with Elle help or hinder Lucas' opinion? How did it affect the case?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)