|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the first person to be killed before the story starts?
2. What does Maddog save in relation to the murders?
3. Who is informed of the leak to the press and offered a hideaway?
4. What is the only way Vullion could have gotten Davenport's phone number?
5. What word can be used to describe the hotel clerk?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of the conversation between Lucas and Internal Affairs? What is the result?
2. How is Davenport able to question Sparks when he is out of state?
3. What offer does Davenport make to Ruiz in relation to police protection?
4. What does Davenport learn about Sparks?
5. How do the police feel about the lead regarding Maddog's possible origin?
6. What does Maddog do regarding the news reports on the murders? What is the result?
7. What does Davenport find when he searches the suspect's house?
8. Examine the first official police action in the investigation of Maddog.
9. What happens when Vullion appears in court? What affects Vullion?
10. What is one of the tasks Davenport must undertake even though he is unhappy about it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jennifer Carey announces that she is pregnant but refuses to marry Lucas. Why does Carey refuse? What is Davenport's reaction? What are Carey's plans for work? What does Cary plan to do about the baby? What are Davenport's plans? To whom does Davenport go for advice? What is the state of the relationship between Carey and Davenport? What do you think might happen? Do you think the trend of unmarried people having babies has increased or decreased over the past 5 years? 10 years? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Write your own murder mystery based on RULES OF PREY. Use Davenport as the lead character. Supply complete storyboards. Include character information, plot, synopsis, etc. Explain your inspiration.
Essay Topic 3
Davenport feels responsible for Carla's injuries. Was it Davenport's fault? Did Carla blame Davenport or was she thankful that she was saved from Vullion? How could the incident have been prevented? Would anyone be charged in the shooting of Vullion? Examine the motto "To Protect and Serve" as it applies to this scenario.
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)