|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is being interviewed to help Davenport find common threads between the victims?
2. Where does Davenport go to find the pimp's whereabouts?
3. How does Jennifer get privileged information regarding the case?
4. How many people had access to the evidence room?
5. What was the occupation of the second victim?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Davenport doing in the beginning? Who is watching?
2. What options are discussed in regards to tracking down Maddog's possible ID?
3. How is Davenport able to question Sparks when he is out of state?
4. How does Davenport react when Carey asks to interview Ruiz?
5. Explain what happens when Davenport goes to interview Carla Ruiz.
6. Who does Vullion spot on the street at the hotel? What does he do about it?
7. What offer does Davenport make to Ruiz in relation to police protection?
8. Who is the first person Davenport wants to track down? Where is the person?
9. What is the opening description of the room as it appears in the first chapter?
10. What news does Davenport get from Jennifer Carey? What is Carey's decision?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Sandford's use of Minnesota for the setting in the Lucas Davenport series. Why do you think Sandford chose Minnesota? How accurate do you think the setting is in regards to the real location? What areas are most commonly referenced in the story? What other location might have worked as well, if not better, than Minnesota? What is unique about the setting? What regionalisms are exhibited by Davenport and the rest of the characters? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Vullion thinks about his past and how he started on the path to murder. Vullion used to torture animals, mostly squirrels. That torture led up to his first murder and the discovery of the excitement he felt each time some one or something died. Discuss Vullion's past. What might cause someone to torture an animal? What do you think prompted Vullion to do it? How did Vullion make the leap from torturing animals to killing people? Why is this a common thread amongst most serial killers?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the relationship between Jennifer and Lucas. Are they close? Is there anything unusual about their relationship? How might the pregnancy affect the relationship? Why do you think Jennifer refuses to marry Lucas? What might happen to the baby? Who do you think would get custody? How will it affect the relationship?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)