|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is the next victim stalked?
2. What mode of transportation does Davenport use to return to the cabin?
3. What does Davenport do as a sideline to police work?
4. What is the name of the hotel clerk that found Brown's body?
5. Who does Vullion see on the street but surpasses as a victim for that night?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Maddog do regarding the news reports on the murders? What is the result?
2. How does Maddog approach his next victim? What is the reason he speaks with the woman?
3. What is the purpose of the conversation between Lucas and Internal Affairs? What is the result?
4. How is Davenport able to question Sparks when he is out of state?
5. What is the result of Maddog's encounter with Carla Ruiz?
6. What is the opening description of the room as it appears in the first chapter?
7. What are at least two unusual things about the killings thus far?
8. Who does Vullion spot on the street at the hotel? What does he do about it?
9. What does Davenport learn about Sparks?
10. What is one of the reasons Smithe cannot be guilty of the murders?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the characters, plots, settings, and outcomes of the stories woven into RULES OF PREY. Use the scenarios in another one of Sandford's series of books for comparison. How do the story lines differ? What is the conclusion of each story? Which lead character did you like better? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the relationship between Jennifer and Lucas. Are they close? Is there anything unusual about their relationship? How might the pregnancy affect the relationship? Why do you think Jennifer refuses to marry Lucas? What might happen to the baby? Who do you think would get custody? How will it affect the relationship?
Essay Topic 3
Jennifer Carey announces that she is pregnant but refuses to marry Lucas. Why does Carey refuse? What is Davenport's reaction? What are Carey's plans for work? What does Cary plan to do about the baby? What are Davenport's plans? To whom does Davenport go for advice? What is the state of the relationship between Carey and Davenport? What do you think might happen? Do you think the trend of unmarried people having babies has increased or decreased over the past 5 years? 10 years? Explain.
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)