|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Vullion contact Davenport regarding the arrest of Smithe?
2. What word best describes Vullion's reaction when he learns that Smithe has been arrested?
3. What does Davenport do as a sideline to police work?
4. What is the amount of time Vullion needs to be free of the surveillance from police?
5. What is the intended victim's first name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Examine the first official police action in the investigation of Maddog.
2. Who does Vullion spot on the street at the hotel? What does he do about it?
3. What options are discussed in regards to tracking down Maddog's possible ID?
4. What is the opening description of the room as it appears in the first chapter?
5. How is Davenport notified of Brown's death? How did the clerk know something happened to Brown?
6. What childhood activity was the springboard for Maddog's killing sprees?
7. How do the police feel about the lead regarding Maddog's possible origin?
8. What are at least two unusual things about the killings thus far?
9. Where did the next crime take place? What is found by the police? What is unusual about it?
10. What news does Davenport get from Jennifer Carey? What is Carey's decision?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Vullion thinks about his past and how he started on the path to murder. Vullion used to torture animals, mostly squirrels. That torture led up to his first murder and the discovery of the excitement he felt each time some one or something died. Discuss Vullion's past. What might cause someone to torture an animal? What do you think prompted Vullion to do it? How did Vullion make the leap from torturing animals to killing people? Why is this a common thread amongst most serial killers?
Essay Topic 2
Write your own murder mystery based on RULES OF PREY. Use Davenport as the lead character. Supply complete storyboards. Include character information, plot, synopsis, etc. Explain your inspiration.
Essay Topic 3
Davenport feels responsible for Carla's injuries. Was it Davenport's fault? Did Carla blame Davenport or was she thankful that she was saved from Vullion? How could the incident have been prevented? Would anyone be charged in the shooting of Vullion? Examine the motto "To Protect and Serve" as it applies to this scenario.
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)