|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. It is suspected that the killer is from what part of the country?
2. The attacks never seem to take place when?
3. What kind of shoes are found in the suspect's closet?
4. What is the surname of the Chief of Police?
5. What is the amount of time Vullion needs to be free of the surveillance from police?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news does Davenport get from Jennifer Carey? What is Carey's decision?
2. What does Davenport find when he searches the suspect's house?
3. Where did the next crime take place? What is found by the police? What is unusual about it?
4. Examine the first official police action in the investigation of Maddog.
5. What happens when Vullion appears in court? What affects Vullion?
6. What is one of the tasks Davenport must undertake even though he is unhappy about it?
7. What is the opening description of the room as it appears in the first chapter?
8. What options are discussed in regards to tracking down Maddog's possible ID?
9. Who is the suspect in the murders? Where does the man work?
10. What offer does Davenport make to Ruiz in relation to police protection?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jennifer Carey announces that she is pregnant but refuses to marry Lucas. Why does Carey refuse? What is Davenport's reaction? What are Carey's plans for work? What does Cary plan to do about the baby? What are Davenport's plans? To whom does Davenport go for advice? What is the state of the relationship between Carey and Davenport? What do you think might happen? Do you think the trend of unmarried people having babies has increased or decreased over the past 5 years? 10 years? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Write a short memoir that might have been written by Louis Vullion. What types of things would Vullion be most proud of in his career and personal lives? What other types of professional work might Vullion have done? Would the memoir include details of his relationships with his victims? How might Vullion describe how he felt before, during and after each murder?
Essay Topic 3
At the end of the story, Vullion dies from gunshot wounds. Davenport makes the death look like self-defense. Is there any difference between self-defense and murder? How might it be prosecuted in court? What do you think would happen to Davenport? How could either side prove its case? Use a real life story to gain insight into the process and how a verdict is determined. Also discuss possible repercussions for Davenport.
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)