|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is the drive from Ruiz's house to the cabin?
2. What is the name of the hotel clerk that found Brown's body?
3. Ruiz recognizes the suspect. Where has Ruiz seen the suspect before?
4. How does Jennifer get privileged information regarding the case?
5. Where does the suspect work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Vullion say when Lucas holds him at gunpoint?
2. What are some of the things discussed between the old friends?
3. What does Vullion say when he calls Davenport?
4. What is the opening description of the room as it appears in the first chapter?
5. How does McGowan react to the news that she is being placed under surveillance? Why?
6. How does Vullion know when Annie is home?
7. What does Maddog do regarding the news reports on the murders? What is the result?
8. What does Lucas do after shooting Vullion?
9. What have the detectives learned about tracing Vullion's identity?
10. What is the conclusion Vullion and Jennifer reach about Lucas and Carla?
Essay Topic 1
Vullion thinks about his past and how he started on the path to murder. Vullion used to torture animals, mostly squirrels. That torture led up to his first murder and the discovery of the excitement he felt each time some one or something died. Discuss Vullion's past. What might cause someone to torture an animal? What do you think prompted Vullion to do it? How did Vullion make the leap from torturing animals to killing people? Why is this a common thread amongst most serial killers?
Essay Topic 2
Choose a feature story from one of the tabloids and re-write it as a real news item from Carey's point of view. Pretend that the story might be found in a respected newspaper. What are the challenges? Are you pleased with the outcome?
Essay Topic 3
Davenport feels responsible for Carla's injuries. Was it Davenport's fault? Did Carla blame Davenport or was she thankful that she was saved from Vullion? How could the incident have been prevented? Would anyone be charged in the shooting of Vullion? Examine the motto "To Protect and Serve" as it applies to this scenario.
This section contains 1,732 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)