|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Davenport notice about Vullion when he calls?
2. How does Vullion get information about Heather Brown?
3. What is the occupation of the next potential victim?
4. What animal did the killer torture as a child?
5. What was the suspect doing near the house being shown by Lewis?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Davenport find when he searches the suspect's house?
2. Who is the suspect in the murders? Where does the man work?
3. What is one of the tasks Davenport must undertake even though he is unhappy about it?
4. What options are discussed in regards to tracking down Maddog's possible ID?
5. How does Maddog approach his next victim? What is the reason he speaks with the woman?
6. What is one of the reasons Smithe cannot be guilty of the murders?
7. What are the initial actions being taken by the killer? How does he feel?
8. Where did the next crime take place? What is found by the police? What is unusual about it?
9. How do the police feel about the lead regarding Maddog's possible origin?
10. What offer does Davenport make to Ruiz in relation to police protection?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Daniel and Davenport have an interesting professional relationship. The two veteran cops seem to respect one another. Discuss how the mutual admiration benefits their working relationship. Explore how Daniel's style of leadership has helped Davenport form his own style. What are the similarities? What is Daniel's background and how does it compare to Davenport's background?
Essay Topic 2
Davenport is well known as a successful video game inventor. Discuss how Davenport got into the business. What was the original idea? How are video games developed? What kinds of games are Davenport's specialty? Is it expensive to develop a game? Where does Davenport do his work? Who helps Davenport test the games? How do you think the video game business affects Davenport's police work? Do you think Davenport will stay with the business as well as the police force? If not, which job will he quit?
Essay Topic 3
Davenport feels responsible for Carla's injuries. Was it Davenport's fault? Did Carla blame Davenport or was she thankful that she was saved from Vullion? How could the incident have been prevented? Would anyone be charged in the shooting of Vullion? Examine the motto "To Protect and Serve" as it applies to this scenario.
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)