|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of shoes are found in the suspect's closet?
2. Where does the next killing take place?
3. What do the police notice about Heather Brown's body?
4. The attacks never seem to take place when?
5. What object does this particular victim use to hit the killer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news does Davenport get from Jennifer Carey? What is Carey's decision?
2. What childhood activity was the springboard for Maddog's killing sprees?
3. What are the initial actions being taken by the killer? How does he feel?
4. What offer does Davenport make to Ruiz in relation to police protection?
5. What is the opening description of the room as it appears in the first chapter?
6. Where did the next crime take place? What is found by the police? What is unusual about it?
7. What does Davenport learn about Sparks?
8. How does Maddog approach his next victim? What is the reason he speaks with the woman?
9. What are at least two unusual things about the killings thus far?
10. What happens when Vullion appears in court? What affects Vullion?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Davenport is well known as a successful video game inventor. Discuss how Davenport got into the business. What was the original idea? How are video games developed? What kinds of games are Davenport's specialty? Is it expensive to develop a game? Where does Davenport do his work? Who helps Davenport test the games? How do you think the video game business affects Davenport's police work? Do you think Davenport will stay with the business as well as the police force? If not, which job will he quit?
Essay Topic 2
Write a short memoir that might have been written by Louis Vullion. What types of things would Vullion be most proud of in his career and personal lives? What other types of professional work might Vullion have done? Would the memoir include details of his relationships with his victims? How might Vullion describe how he felt before, during and after each murder?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the relationship between Lucas and Elle. What is the common ground for friendship? How do their professional lives often interfere with their personal relationship? How does one know when a boundary has been crossed? Do the friends respect each other? How has their relationship evolved? Where might it go from here? Do you think the relationship will ever change drastically? Did Lucas' relationship with Elle help or hinder Lucas' opinion? How did it affect the case?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)