|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the pimp say about the description of Vullion? What did the man look like?
2. What is the name of Davenport's childhood friend?
3. What word best describes Vullion's reaction when he learns that Smithe has been arrested?
4. What is the name of Brown's pimp?
5. What do the police notice about Heather Brown's body?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the first person Davenport wants to track down? Where is the person?
2. What is the result of Maddog's encounter with Carla Ruiz?
3. What is Davenport doing in the beginning? Who is watching?
4. How is Davenport notified of Brown's death? How did the clerk know something happened to Brown?
5. What news does Davenport get from Jennifer Carey? What is Carey's decision?
6. What happens when Vullion appears in court? What affects Vullion?
7. Who is the suspect in the murders? Where does the man work?
8. How does Davenport react when Carey asks to interview Ruiz?
9. What is one of the reasons Smithe cannot be guilty of the murders?
10. Who does Vullion spot on the street at the hotel? What does he do about it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Davenport is well known as a successful video game inventor. Discuss how Davenport got into the business. What was the original idea? How are video games developed? What kinds of games are Davenport's specialty? Is it expensive to develop a game? Where does Davenport do his work? Who helps Davenport test the games? How do you think the video game business affects Davenport's police work? Do you think Davenport will stay with the business as well as the police force? If not, which job will he quit?
Essay Topic 2
At the end of the story, Vullion dies from gunshot wounds. Davenport makes the death look like self-defense. Is there any difference between self-defense and murder? How might it be prosecuted in court? What do you think would happen to Davenport? How could either side prove its case? Use a real life story to gain insight into the process and how a verdict is determined. Also discuss possible repercussions for Davenport.
Essay Topic 3
Jennifer Carey announces that she is pregnant but refuses to marry Lucas. Why does Carey refuse? What is Davenport's reaction? What are Carey's plans for work? What does Cary plan to do about the baby? What are Davenport's plans? To whom does Davenport go for advice? What is the state of the relationship between Carey and Davenport? What do you think might happen? Do you think the trend of unmarried people having babies has increased or decreased over the past 5 years? 10 years? Explain.
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)