|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Davenport go to find the pimp's whereabouts?
2. Where is the pimp supposedly located at that time?
3. What location could be used as a safe place until Maddog is apprehended?
4. What is the occupation of the killer?
5. The attacks never seem to take place when?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is one of the tasks Davenport must undertake even though he is unhappy about it?
2. Explain what happens when Davenport goes to interview Carla Ruiz.
3. What news does Davenport get from Jennifer Carey? What is Carey's decision?
4. What does Vullion say when he calls Davenport?
5. What are the initial actions being taken by the killer? How does he feel?
6. What is the result of Maddog's encounter with Carla Ruiz?
7. What happens when Vullion appears in court? What affects Vullion?
8. What is the opening description of the room as it appears in the first chapter?
9. What childhood activity was the springboard for Maddog's killing sprees?
10. What is the purpose of the conversation between Lucas and Internal Affairs? What is the result?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Vullion thinks about his past and how he started on the path to murder. Vullion used to torture animals, mostly squirrels. That torture led up to his first murder and the discovery of the excitement he felt each time some one or something died. Discuss Vullion's past. What might cause someone to torture an animal? What do you think prompted Vullion to do it? How did Vullion make the leap from torturing animals to killing people? Why is this a common thread amongst most serial killers?
Essay Topic 2
Daniel and Davenport have an interesting professional relationship. The two veteran cops seem to respect one another. Discuss how the mutual admiration benefits their working relationship. Explore how Daniel's style of leadership has helped Davenport form his own style. What are the similarities? What is Daniel's background and how does it compare to Davenport's background?
Essay Topic 3
At the end of the story, Vullion dies from gunshot wounds. Davenport makes the death look like self-defense. Is there any difference between self-defense and murder? How might it be prosecuted in court? What do you think would happen to Davenport? How could either side prove its case? Use a real life story to gain insight into the process and how a verdict is determined. Also discuss possible repercussions for Davenport.
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)