|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the widow related to the gun?
2. The first killing took place how long after the killer was offended by her?
3. What is the occupation of the next potential victim?
4. What is the name of Davenport's childhood friend?
5. How does Vullion get information about Heather Brown?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Davenport learn about Sparks?
2. What happens when Vullion appears in court? What affects Vullion?
3. What is the result of Maddog's encounter with Carla Ruiz?
4. What is Davenport doing in the beginning? Who is watching?
5. What childhood activity was the springboard for Maddog's killing sprees?
6. What does Davenport find when he searches the suspect's house?
7. How is Davenport notified of Brown's death? How did the clerk know something happened to Brown?
8. Who is the suspect in the murders? Where does the man work?
9. What is the purpose of the conversation between Lucas and Internal Affairs? What is the result?
10. How does Maddog approach his next victim? What is the reason he speaks with the woman?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose a feature story from one of the tabloids and re-write it as a real news item from Carey's point of view. Pretend that the story might be found in a respected newspaper. What are the challenges? Are you pleased with the outcome?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the relationship between Jennifer and Lucas. Are they close? Is there anything unusual about their relationship? How might the pregnancy affect the relationship? Why do you think Jennifer refuses to marry Lucas? What might happen to the baby? Who do you think would get custody? How will it affect the relationship?
Essay Topic 3
Write your own murder mystery based on RULES OF PREY. Use Davenport as the lead character. Supply complete storyboards. Include character information, plot, synopsis, etc. Explain your inspiration.
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)