Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the possible suspect in the murders?
2. The first killing took place how long after the killer was offended by her?
3. What word best describes Vullion's reaction when he learns that Smithe has been arrested?
4. Where is the pimp supposedly located at that time?
5. What is the name of the hotel clerk that found Brown's body?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lucas find when he wakes up the next morning?
2. How is Davenport able to question Sparks when he is out of state?
3. Who does Lucas visit? What kind present does he bring?
4. What is one of the tasks Davenport must undertake even though he is unhappy about it?
5. What is the opening description of the room as it appears in the first chapter?
6. What kinds of injuries were sustained in the struggle between Vullion and Davenport?
7. How did Vullion gain entry into Wheatcroft's home?
8. What is Davenport doing in the beginning? Who is watching?
9. Who visits Nester? Why?
10. What is Lucas upset about in the beginning of this section?
Assuming a psychiatrist's point of view, analyze the situation with Vullion. Discuss Vullion's past history in regards to psychiatric care. What would a psychiatrist say about Vullion's need to beat the women he murders? Was Vullion perverted, mentally ill, or something else? What would the terminology be from a psychiatrist's point of view? What kind of treatment might Vullion have benefited from before the situation got out of hand? Is the behavior something that can be "cured?" If so, how? If not, what else can be done?
Daniel and Davenport have an interesting professional relationship. The two veteran cops seem to respect one another. Discuss how the mutual admiration benefits their working relationship. Explore how Daniel's style of leadership has helped Davenport form his own style. What are the similarities? What is Daniel's background and how does it compare to Davenport's background?
Write a short memoir that might have been written by Louis Vullion. What types of things would Vullion be most proud of in his career and personal lives? What other types of professional work might Vullion have done? Would the memoir include details of his relationships with his victims? How might Vullion describe how he felt before, during and after each murder?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)