|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Maddog go to stalk his next victim?
2. Where did the leak supposedly come from?
3. Which was not mentioned as being an item in the room?
4. Who is the head of homicide?
5. What is the name of the reporter taking over for Carey?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Davenport able to question Sparks when he is out of state?
2. What does Davenport find when he searches the suspect's house?
3. What does Vullion say when he calls Davenport?
4. What is one of the reasons Smithe cannot be guilty of the murders?
5. How does Maddog approach his next victim? What is the reason he speaks with the woman?
6. What is one of the tasks Davenport must undertake even though he is unhappy about it?
7. What options are discussed in regards to tracking down Maddog's possible ID?
8. How do the police feel about the lead regarding Maddog's possible origin?
9. Who is the first person Davenport wants to track down? Where is the person?
10. Who does Vullion spot on the street at the hotel? What does he do about it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Daniel and Davenport have an interesting professional relationship. The two veteran cops seem to respect one another. Discuss how the mutual admiration benefits their working relationship. Explore how Daniel's style of leadership has helped Davenport form his own style. What are the similarities? What is Daniel's background and how does it compare to Davenport's background?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Sandford's use of Minnesota for the setting in the Lucas Davenport series. Why do you think Sandford chose Minnesota? How accurate do you think the setting is in regards to the real location? What areas are most commonly referenced in the story? What other location might have worked as well, if not better, than Minnesota? What is unique about the setting? What regionalisms are exhibited by Davenport and the rest of the characters? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Write your own murder mystery based on RULES OF PREY. Use Davenport as the lead character. Supply complete storyboards. Include character information, plot, synopsis, etc. Explain your inspiration.
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)