|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the surname of the Chief of Police?
2. The police suspect there is an important trait about the killer. What is it?
3. Where does the suspect work?
4. What kind of shoes are found in the suspect's closet?
5. What happens to the IA investigation on Lucas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Vullion say when he calls Davenport?
2. What does Lucas find at Vullion's house?
3. What kinds of injuries were sustained in the struggle between Vullion and Davenport?
4. What have the detectives learned about tracing Vullion's identity?
5. What alerts Vullion to the presence of the police?
6. How does Vullion react when he begins to get restless?
7. What does Vullion do instead of going to bed?
8. How does Maddog approach his next victim? What is the reason he speaks with the woman?
9. Where did the next crime take place? What is found by the police? What is unusual about it?
10. Who does Vullion spot on the street at the hotel? What does he do about it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Vullion thinks about his past and how he started on the path to murder. Vullion used to torture animals, mostly squirrels. That torture led up to his first murder and the discovery of the excitement he felt each time some one or something died. Discuss Vullion's past. What might cause someone to torture an animal? What do you think prompted Vullion to do it? How did Vullion make the leap from torturing animals to killing people? Why is this a common thread amongst most serial killers?
Essay Topic 2
Daniel and Davenport have an interesting professional relationship. The two veteran cops seem to respect one another. Discuss how the mutual admiration benefits their working relationship. Explore how Daniel's style of leadership has helped Davenport form his own style. What are the similarities? What is Daniel's background and how does it compare to Davenport's background?
Essay Topic 3
Davenport is often viewed as a rogue cop, one who does not play by the book. Discuss this behavior. How is Davenport's method helpful to his work? How might it hinder or jeopardize an investigation? How do Davenport's colleagues feel about his behavior? Is Davenport viewed as an asset or liability by his commander? What kind of reprimands might Davenport receive for his unusual methods? Does Daniel know about Davenport's antics? Explain.
This section contains 1,731 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)