|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is being interviewed to help Davenport find common threads between the victims?
2. What was the suspect doing near the house being shown by Lewis?
3. Where is Lucas approached by the watchers?
4. Where is the meeting between the cops held?
5. How does Vullion get information about Heather Brown?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Davenport find when he searches the suspect's house?
2. Who does Vullion spot on the street at the hotel? What does he do about it?
3. How do the police feel about the lead regarding Maddog's possible origin?
4. What offer does Davenport make to Ruiz in relation to police protection?
5. What happens when Vullion appears in court? What affects Vullion?
6. Examine the first official police action in the investigation of Maddog.
7. What are at least two unusual things about the killings thus far?
8. Who is the first person Davenport wants to track down? Where is the person?
9. What news does Davenport get from Jennifer Carey? What is Carey's decision?
10. What childhood activity was the springboard for Maddog's killing sprees?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a short memoir that might have been written by Louis Vullion. What types of things would Vullion be most proud of in his career and personal lives? What other types of professional work might Vullion have done? Would the memoir include details of his relationships with his victims? How might Vullion describe how he felt before, during and after each murder?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the characters, plots, settings, and outcomes of the stories woven into RULES OF PREY. Use the scenarios in another one of Sandford's series of books for comparison. How do the story lines differ? What is the conclusion of each story? Which lead character did you like better? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Davenport is often viewed as a rogue cop, one who does not play by the book. Discuss this behavior. How is Davenport's method helpful to his work? How might it hinder or jeopardize an investigation? How do Davenport's colleagues feel about his behavior? Is Davenport viewed as an asset or liability by his commander? What kind of reprimands might Davenport receive for his unusual methods? Does Daniel know about Davenport's antics? Explain.
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)