Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the possible suspect in the murders?
2. The first killing took place how long after the killer was offended by her?
3. What word best describes Vullion's reaction when he learns that Smithe has been arrested?
4. Where is the pimp supposedly located at that time?
5. What is the name of the hotel clerk that found Brown's body?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lucas find when he wakes up the next morning?
2. How is Davenport able to question Sparks when he is out of state?
3. Who does Lucas visit? What kind present does he bring?
4. What is one of the tasks Davenport must undertake even though he is unhappy about it?
5. What is the opening description of the room as it appears in the first chapter?
6. What kinds of injuries were sustained in the struggle between Vullion and Davenport?
7. How did Vullion gain entry into Wheatcroft's home?
8. What is Davenport doing in the beginning? Who is watching?
9. Who visits Nester? Why?
10. What is Lucas upset about in the beginning of this section?
Essay Topic 1
Davenport feels responsible for Carla's injuries. Was it Davenport's fault? Did Carla blame Davenport or was she thankful that she was saved from Vullion? How could the incident have been prevented? Would anyone be charged in the shooting of Vullion? Examine the motto "To Protect and Serve" as it applies to this scenario.
Essay Topic 2
Write a short story from the point of Jennifer Carey regarding her first meeting with Davenport. How did the pair become friends and eventually lovers? Does the couple have anything in common at all? If so, what? How does Carey adjust her professional life in regards to Lucas' work? How has the life of each character changed since they met?
Essay Topic 3
Write a short memoir that might have been written by Louis Vullion. What types of things would Vullion be most proud of in his career and personal lives? What other types of professional work might Vullion have done? Would the memoir include details of his relationships with his victims? How might Vullion describe how he felt before, during and after each murder?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)