|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Davenport notice about Vullion when he calls?
2. How long is the next victim stalked?
3. Which was not mentioned as being an item in the room?
4. What character becomes pregnant?
5. What item has disappeared from the evidence locker at the police station?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the suspect in the murders? Where does the man work?
2. What does Lucas do after shooting Vullion?
3. What is the purpose of the conversation between Lucas and Internal Affairs? What is the result?
4. What kinds of injuries were sustained in the struggle between Vullion and Davenport?
5. What offer does Davenport make to Ruiz in relation to police protection?
6. What does Vullion do when he reaches his house?
7. Where did the next crime take place? What is found by the police? What is unusual about it?
8. How does Vullion react when he begins to get restless?
9. Why doesn't Nester spend much time with the Rices? How does it affect the case?
10. What kind of research does Vullion do while waiting to kill his next victim?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jennifer Carey announces that she is pregnant but refuses to marry Lucas. Why does Carey refuse? What is Davenport's reaction? What are Carey's plans for work? What does Cary plan to do about the baby? What are Davenport's plans? To whom does Davenport go for advice? What is the state of the relationship between Carey and Davenport? What do you think might happen? Do you think the trend of unmarried people having babies has increased or decreased over the past 5 years? 10 years? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Assuming a psychiatrist's point of view, analyze the situation with Vullion. Discuss Vullion's past history in regards to psychiatric care. What would a psychiatrist say about Vullion's need to beat the women he murders? Was Vullion perverted, mentally ill, or something else? What would the terminology be from a psychiatrist's point of view? What kind of treatment might Vullion have benefited from before the situation got out of hand? Is the behavior something that can be "cured?" If so, how? If not, what else can be done?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characters, plots, settings, and outcomes of the stories woven into RULES OF PREY. Use the scenarios in another one of Sandford's series of books for comparison. How do the story lines differ? What is the conclusion of each story? Which lead character did you like better? Explain.
This section contains 1,717 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)