|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who questions the leak to the press?
2. The first killing took place how long after the killer was offended by her?
3. Where does Davenport go to find the pimp's whereabouts?
4. Who will serve as Davenport's main contact in the case?
5. What is the only way Vullion could have gotten Davenport's phone number?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Davenport doing in the beginning? Who is watching?
2. What is the result of Maddog's encounter with Carla Ruiz?
3. Who is the suspect in the murders? Where does the man work?
4. How is Davenport notified of Brown's death? How did the clerk know something happened to Brown?
5. Where did the next crime take place? What is found by the police? What is unusual about it?
6. Who does Vullion spot on the street at the hotel? What does he do about it?
7. Who is the first person Davenport wants to track down? Where is the person?
8. What does Vullion say when he calls Davenport?
9. What does Davenport find when he searches the suspect's house?
10. What happens when Vullion appears in court? What affects Vullion?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine John Sandford's Lucas Davenport series. How many books are there? Write a character profile of Lucas Davenport. Discuss how the character has progressed and evolved throughout the series. Where might Davenport go next? How might Davenport's relationships with Elle, Jennifer, and his colleagues change in future books?
Essay Topic 2
At the end of the story, Vullion dies from gunshot wounds. Davenport makes the death look like self-defense. Is there any difference between self-defense and murder? How might it be prosecuted in court? What do you think would happen to Davenport? How could either side prove its case? Use a real life story to gain insight into the process and how a verdict is determined. Also discuss possible repercussions for Davenport.
Essay Topic 3
Assuming a psychiatrist's point of view, analyze the situation with Vullion. Discuss Vullion's past history in regards to psychiatric care. What would a psychiatrist say about Vullion's need to beat the women he murders? Was Vullion perverted, mentally ill, or something else? What would the terminology be from a psychiatrist's point of view? What kind of treatment might Vullion have benefited from before the situation got out of hand? Is the behavior something that can be "cured?" If so, how? If not, what else can be done?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)