|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Vullion put his necessary supplies?
2. How does Vullion get information about Heather Brown?
3. What is the name of the widow related to the gun?
4. What offer does Davenport make to Ruiz?
5. What was the occupation of the second victim?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the first person Davenport wants to track down? Where is the person?
2. How does Davenport react when Carey asks to interview Ruiz?
3. What are the initial actions being taken by the killer? How does he feel?
4. What does Davenport find when he searches the suspect's house?
5. Examine the first official police action in the investigation of Maddog.
6. What is the purpose of the conversation between Lucas and Internal Affairs? What is the result?
7. What does Maddog do regarding the news reports on the murders? What is the result?
8. What offer does Davenport make to Ruiz in relation to police protection?
9. How does Maddog approach his next victim? What is the reason he speaks with the woman?
10. What childhood activity was the springboard for Maddog's killing sprees?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write your own murder mystery based on RULES OF PREY. Use Davenport as the lead character. Supply complete storyboards. Include character information, plot, synopsis, etc. Explain your inspiration.
Essay Topic 2
Vullion had frequent flashbacks about childhood, being abused, and torturing animals. Write an essay explaining Vullion's violent and traumatic childhood. What happened to Vullion's parents? Why was she so badly abused? How did the experience change Vullion? Do you think Vullion could have overcome his childhood traumas? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Sandford's use of Minnesota for the setting in the Lucas Davenport series. Why do you think Sandford chose Minnesota? How accurate do you think the setting is in regards to the real location? What areas are most commonly referenced in the story? What other location might have worked as well, if not better, than Minnesota? What is unique about the setting? What regionalisms are exhibited by Davenport and the rest of the characters? Explain.
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)