|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the suspect work?
2. The items in the room give the impression that the occupant is which of the following?
3. What is the occupation of the killer?
4. Who is being interviewed to help Davenport find common threads between the victims?
5. What is the occupation of the next potential victim?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Vullion say when he calls Davenport?
2. What is the result of Maddog's encounter with Carla Ruiz?
3. Who does Vullion spot on the street at the hotel? What does he do about it?
4. Examine the first official police action in the investigation of Maddog.
5. How do the police feel about the lead regarding Maddog's possible origin?
6. What news does Davenport get from Jennifer Carey? What is Carey's decision?
7. What is one of the tasks Davenport must undertake even though he is unhappy about it?
8. What are the initial actions being taken by the killer? How does he feel?
9. What is Davenport doing in the beginning? Who is watching?
10. What does Maddog do regarding the news reports on the murders? What is the result?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Vullion had frequent flashbacks about childhood, being abused, and torturing animals. Write an essay explaining Vullion's violent and traumatic childhood. What happened to Vullion's parents? Why was she so badly abused? How did the experience change Vullion? Do you think Vullion could have overcome his childhood traumas? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Assuming a psychiatrist's point of view, analyze the situation with Vullion. Discuss Vullion's past history in regards to psychiatric care. What would a psychiatrist say about Vullion's need to beat the women he murders? Was Vullion perverted, mentally ill, or something else? What would the terminology be from a psychiatrist's point of view? What kind of treatment might Vullion have benefited from before the situation got out of hand? Is the behavior something that can be "cured?" If so, how? If not, what else can be done?
Essay Topic 3
Write a short story from the point of Jennifer Carey regarding her first meeting with Davenport. How did the pair become friends and eventually lovers? Does the couple have anything in common at all? If so, what? How does Carey adjust her professional life in regards to Lucas' work? How has the life of each character changed since they met?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)