|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal did the killer torture as a child?
2. Where is the meeting between the cops held?
3. Who is watching Lucas as he goes about his day?
4. What is the nickname of the setting where the killings occur?
5. What did the pimp say about the description of Vullion? What did the man look like?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Davenport doing in the beginning? Who is watching?
2. What does Vullion say when he calls Davenport?
3. Examine the first official police action in the investigation of Maddog.
4. What options are discussed in regards to tracking down Maddog's possible ID?
5. What happens when Vullion appears in court? What affects Vullion?
6. What is one of the tasks Davenport must undertake even though he is unhappy about it?
7. What does Maddog do regarding the news reports on the murders? What is the result?
8. What is the purpose of the conversation between Lucas and Internal Affairs? What is the result?
9. Explain what happens when Davenport goes to interview Carla Ruiz.
10. Who does Vullion spot on the street at the hotel? What does he do about it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the relationship between Jennifer and Lucas. Are they close? Is there anything unusual about their relationship? How might the pregnancy affect the relationship? Why do you think Jennifer refuses to marry Lucas? What might happen to the baby? Who do you think would get custody? How will it affect the relationship?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the relationship between Lucas and Elle. What is the common ground for friendship? How do their professional lives often interfere with their personal relationship? How does one know when a boundary has been crossed? Do the friends respect each other? How has their relationship evolved? Where might it go from here? Do you think the relationship will ever change drastically? Did Lucas' relationship with Elle help or hinder Lucas' opinion? How did it affect the case?
Essay Topic 3
Write a short memoir that might have been written by Louis Vullion. What types of things would Vullion be most proud of in his career and personal lives? What other types of professional work might Vullion have done? Would the memoir include details of his relationships with his victims? How might Vullion describe how he felt before, during and after each murder?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)