|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the ritual described in "The Cuckoo Song"?
2. Who does Kipling ask for respect for in "The Cure"?
3. What does Kipling make the case of sending young men back to after war?
4. What city is the centerpiece of "A British-Roman Song" and "A Pict Song?
5. What can still be heard at night according to Kipling in "The Way Through the Woods"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kipling record in "Cain and Abel"?
2. What viewpoint is the poem "Wilful-missings" written from?
3. What does the chauffeur talk about in "The Dying Chauffeur"?
4. What does Kipling note about power in "The Press"?
5. What does "The Rabbi's Song" talk about?
6. What does Kipling address in "The Service Man"?
7. What pain does "The Burden" express?
8. What does "Four-feet" show about the man and the dog?
9. What sounds does Kipling write about in "The Way Through the Woods"?
10. What does Kipling advise his reader of in "The Comforters"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze how Kipling used linguistic clues in his poetry and conclude how it added or detracted from his writing.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Kipling's reference to First Corinthians and his conclusions about grieving.
Essay Topic 3
Examine how Kipling uses religion to show man's disobedience and sinfulness.
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)