|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was signed in "The Reeds at Runnymede"?
(a) The Declaration of Independence.
(b) The Magna Carta.
(c) The English Constitution.
(d) The Rochester Decree.
2. Who are the only ones attending the service in "Eddi's Service"?
(a) Young children.
(b) Ox and donkeys.
3. What was Queen Mary according to Kipling in "The Looking-Glass"?
(a) Attractive, but unlucky and lonely.
(b) Attractive and happy.
(c) Ugly, but happy.
(d) Ugly and unhappy.
4. What does Kipling note about the press in "The Press"?
(a) Its power over the establishment.
(b) Its power over the military.
(c) Its power over opinions.
(d) Its power over the Queen.
5. What does the man in "Back to the Army Again" pretend not to have in order to get off the streets?
(a) His military ID paper.
(b) Military experience.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can still be heard at night according to Kipling in "The Way Through the Woods"?
2. What god is the man being spoken about in "The Prayer" pray to?
3. What does Kipling say man believes in "The Rabbi's Song"?
4. Who does Dinah wait for in "Dinah in Heaven"?
5. Where is the man in "The Mother's Son"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What sounds does Kipling write about in "The Way Through the Woods"?
2. What happens to Dinah in "Dinah in Heaven"?
3. What pain does "The Burden" express?
4. What does "The Prayer" speak of?
5. What causes more grief in "The Power of the Dog"?
6. What viewpoint is the poem "Wilful-missings" written from?
7. What story does the poem "Our Lady of the Sackcloth" tell?
8. What does Kipling advise his reader of in "The Comforters"?
9. What does "The Survival" speak of the passing of?
10. What happens in the poem "Mandalay"?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)