|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Christians referred to in "Hadramauti"?
(a) As spiteful, hateful people.
(b) As the only people that will go to heaven.
(c) As a kind people
(d) As the best people.
2. What is "Gertrude's Prayer" about?
(a) Things that must be ignored.
(b) Things that make people happy.
(c) Thing that cannot be bought.
(d) Things lost that can never be gotten back.
3. What does Kipling say does not change much in "A Truthful Song"?
(a) Human beings.
(b) Common jobs.
4. What was Queen Mary according to Kipling in "The Looking-Glass"?
(a) Attractive, but unlucky and lonely.
(b) Ugly, but happy.
(c) Ugly and unhappy.
(d) Attractive and happy.
5. What does Kipling refer to in "The Junk and the Dhow"?
(a) Sailors and ships of the old age.
(c) His youth of voyages and study.
(d) The Queen herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the British soldier in "Mandalay" want to return to?
2. What are the people in "Poor Honest Men because they are different?
3. What does "Troopin'" record?
4. Who are the only ones attending the service in "Eddi's Service"?
5. What does the man in "Back to the Army Again" pretend not to have in order to get off the streets?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kipling advise his reader of in "The Comforters"?
2. What do bees threaten in "The Bee-Boy's Song"?
3. What does "The Rabbi's Song" talk about?
4. What causes more grief in "The Power of the Dog"?
5. What does "The Survival" speak of the passing of?
6. What does Kipling embellish in "The Prodigal Son"?
7. What happens to Dinah in "Dinah in Heaven"?
8. What does "The Nurses" speak of?
9. What does "The Runes of Weland's Sword" tell of a sword?
10. What pain does "The Burden" express?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)