|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Kipling ask for respect for in "The Cure"?
(a) A young boy.
(b) A sick woman.
(c) A rich preacher.
(d) A poor preacher.
2. What is the man in "Shillin' a Day" no longer able to do?
3. What does the man in "The Dying Chauffeur" compare his heart to?
(a) A left-handed cylinder.
(b) A tranmission box.
(c) A righ-handed cylinder.
(d) A gear box
4. Why should people not give advice to others according to Kipling in "The Comforters"?
(a) If they think they are better than the other person.
(b) If they are mad at them.
(c) If they have not been in the same position.
(d) If they want the person to learn from their mistakes.
5. What does the man in "Back to the Army Again" pretend not to have in order to get off the streets?
(a) Military experience.
(b) His military ID paper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose trial is described in "Gallio's Song"?
2. What does Tubal believe in doing in "Jubal and Tubal Cain"?
3. How would the man in "A Smuggler's Song" answer any questions asked to him by the other character?
4. What god is the man being spoken about in "The Prayer" pray to?
5. What is "London Stone" about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is "Gallio's Song" based on?
2. What is a man indicate in "Half-Ballade of Watervale"?
3. What does "That Day" depict?
4. What does "Back to the Army Again" detail?
5. What does "Four-feet" show about the man and the dog?
6. What viewpoint is the poem "Wilful-missings" written from?
7. What happens to Dinah in "Dinah in Heaven"?
8. What does Kipling address in "The Service Man"?
9. What causes more grief in "The Power of the Dog"?
10. What does "The Runes of Weland's Sword" tell of a sword?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)