|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kipling say can bring memories in "Lichtenberg"?
(a) A breeze.
(b) A smell.
(c) A person.
(d) A pen.
2. What is "London Stone" about?
(a) The process of making a stone statue.
(b) The process of declaring war.
(c) The process of birth.
(d) The process of grieving.
3. What does the man in "The Return" say he did during his time in the army?
(a) He went abroad.
(b) He fled.
(c) He hid.
(d) He grew and matured.
4. What does Kipling think people are giving themselves by getting a dog, according to "The Power of the Dog"?
(a) More expenses.
(b) More work.
(c) More happiness.
(d) More grief.
5. What does Kipling say should be the goal of people reading "Verses from Land and Sea Tales" ?
(a) Being rich.
(b) Being fit in mind and body.
(c) Being a soldier.
(d) Being powerful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "The Hour of the Angel" speak of?
2. What is the man in "Half-Ballade of Watervale" in charge of?
3. Why does the man in "Half-Ballade of Watervale" understand them?
4. Who helps the king realize that he has the best job in the world in "The King's Job"?
5. What was signed in "The Reeds at Runnymede"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do bees threaten in "The Bee-Boy's Song"?
2. What does the chauffeur talk about in "The Dying Chauffeur"?
3. What does Kipling urge in "A Preface"?
4. What does "That Day" depict?
5. What does Kipling note about power in "The Press"?
6. What does "The Survival" speak of the passing of?
7. What happens to Dinah in "Dinah in Heaven"?
8. What does "Four-feet" show about the man and the dog?
9. What is a man indicate in "Half-Ballade of Watervale"?
10. What does Kipling advise his reader of in "The Comforters"?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)