|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is "Ode" dedicated to?
(a) Australians who died in war.
(b) England who died in war.
(c) Russia who died in war.
(d) Austria who died in war.
2. Who sits at Jesus's feet in "The Sons of Martha"?
(b) Marie Magdalene.
3. Where does the woman in "The Song of the Lathe" work?
(a) A cannon factory.
(b) A rifle factory.
(c) A bullet factory.
(d) A uniform factory.
4. Who does the old Queen ask the witnesses of the crowning to be?
(a) The Five Vasal Nations.
(b) The Three Free Nations.
(c) The Five Free Nations.
(d) The Five Contiguous Nations.
5. What did Kipling help the man learn about India?
(a) How hard traveling there is.
(b) Its heat is really bad.
(c) How happy its people is.
(d) Its customs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the profession of the man in "Gehazi"?
2. How does the King reward the man in "The Ballad of the King's Jest"?
3. Why does the main character of "The 'Mary Gloster'" want to be buried there?
4. What does Kipling say of those who worship Buddha in "Buddha at Kamakura"?
5. What is Boanerges Blitzen's profession in "The Man Who Could Write"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does "Hymn Before Action" deal with?
2. What does "The Native Poem" describe?
3. What happens when Tomlinson dies in "Tomlinson"?
4. What does "The Declaration of London" refer to?
5. What comparison is made between Buddhists and Christians in ""Buddha at Kamakura"?
6. What do the creatures do in "The Hyenas"?
7. What does the man on the ship describe in "The Galley-Slave"?
8. What does Queen Victoria tell the people of her land in "What the People Said"?
9. What does Kipling write about in "Our Lady of the Snows"?
10. What happens to Captain O'Neil in "The Ballad of Boh Da Thone"?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)