|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the main character of "The 'Mary Gloster'" want to be buried?
(a) In the Winville cemetery.
(b) At sea.
(c) In a simple wood box.
(d) Next to his house.
2. What does "The Lover's Litany" indicate?
(a) The fickle nature of love.
(b) The universal nature of hate.
(c) The short life of bliss.
(d) The long duration of anger.
3. What do the people in "Russia to the Pacifists" refuse to do?
(a) Fight to abide by their alliances.
(b) Fight the enemy that attacks them.
(c) Fight the enemies of their friends.
(d) Fight their neigbors.
4. What does the man in "The Betrothed" choose over his fiancee?
(a) His smoking habit.
(b) His dog.
(c) His career.
(d) His mistress.
5. What did the man in "The Galley-Slave" gain that made him part of the ship?
(b) The right to be buried at sea.
(d) Marks on his body.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the main character in "One Viceroy Resigns" tell the other one not to do?
2. What reassembles in "The Declaration of London"?
3. How do "The Hyenas" see the dead men they feed on?
4. What future does the man in "The Galley-Slave" see for the ship?
5. What is "To Thomas Atkins" the prelude of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the poem "The Young Queen" address?
2. What warning does Lord Dufferin give the young viceroy in "One Viceroy Resigns"?
3. What does "The Lover's Litany" refer to?
4. What does "Hymn Before Action" deal with?
5. What does "The Sons of Martha" expand on?
6. What does Kipling refer to in "Gehazi"?
7. What does "Three Sealers" describe?
8. What happens when Tomlinson dies in "Tomlinson"?
9. What does Kipling reflect on in "Ave Imperatrix"?
10. What does "Epitaphs of War" include a variety of?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)