|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the soldiers in "Hymn Before Action" praying for?
(a) For their enemies.
(b) For those who are not Christian.
(c) For their Queen.
(d) For their comrades.
2. What does the man in "The Betrothed" choose over his fiancee?
(a) His career.
(b) His dog.
(c) His smoking habit.
(d) His mistress.
3. What did the man in "The Galley-Slave" gain that made him part of the ship?
(c) The right to be buried at sea.
(d) Marks on his body.
4. What does the man in "The Galley-Slave" look back to at the start of the poem?
(a) His marriage.
(b) His years working as a farmer.
(c) The years he worked on the ship.
(d) His years watching ships going out to sea.
5. Whose epitaph is included in "Epitaphs of the War"?
(a) Hindu Sepoy.
(b) Maurice Brack.
(c) King George III.
(d) Queen Victoria.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the lady in "Delilah" convinced to tell?
2. What are Kipling's verses written for?
3. What is happening in"Three Sealers"?
4. What will one day come in "The Undertaker's Horse"?
5. What is "The Masque of Plenty" written as?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the old seamen say to God in "McAndrew's Hymn"?
2. What does Kipling's "Prelude" focus on?
3. What does "Epitaphs of War" include a variety of?
4. What warning does Lord Dufferin give the young viceroy in "One Viceroy Resigns"?
5. What does "The Native Poem" describe?
6. What does Kipling refer to in "Gehazi"?
7. What does the man on the ship describe in "The Galley-Slave"?
8. What do the creatures do in "The Hyenas"?
9. What does "The Lover's Litany" refer to?
10. What comparison is made between Buddhists and Christians in ""Buddha at Kamakura"?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)