|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "The Lover's Litany" indicate?
(a) The short life of bliss.
(b) The fickle nature of love.
(c) The long duration of anger.
(d) The universal nature of hate.
2. How do "The Hyenas" see the dead men they feed on?
(a) As a safe form of nourishment.
(b) As a good source of protein.
(c) As a danger.
(d) As a punishment.
3. What does Kipling say the people in "The Declaration of London" had a taste of?
(a) Voting freedom.
4. What is Boanerges Blitzen's profession in "The Man Who Could Write"?
5. What queen is inaugurated in "The Young Queen" ?
(a) The new Queen of Russia.
(b) The new Queen of Australia.
(c) The new Queen of Austria.
(d) The new Queen of England.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man in "McAndrew's Hymn" realize about his good behavior?
2. What does the viceroy in "One Viceroy Resigns" share his wisdom with?
3. What are the main characters of "The Native Poem" taught to be respectful of?
4. Who are the soldiers in "Hymn Before Action" praying for?
5. Who does the main character of "One Viceroy Resigns" call on to help the man he shares his wisdom with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the man on the ship describe in "The Galley-Slave"?
2. What happens to Captain O'Neil in "The Ballad of Boh Da Thone"?
3. What does "Hymn Before Action" deal with?
4. What does Kipling write about in "The Undertaker's Horse"?
5. What does Kipling write about in the poem "Mesopotamia"?
6. What does "Epitaphs of War" include a variety of?
7. What does Kipling's "Prelude" focus on?
8. What does Kipling write about in "Our Lady of the Snows"?
9. What does "The Native Poem" describe?
10. What warning does Lord Dufferin give the young viceroy in "One Viceroy Resigns"?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)