|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "The Survival" speak about?
(a) A battle.
(b) The sinking of a ship.
(c) The passing nature of things on earth.
(d) The death of a king.
2. Who does Dinah wait for in "Dinah in Heaven"?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her daughter.
(c) Her man.
(d) Her son.
3. What is "The Runes of Weland's Sword" about?
(a) What terrible things a man can do.
(b) What terrible things a sword can do.
(c) What terrible things a soldier can do.
(d) What terrible things a woman can do.
4. How can would a group a people make another uncomfortable according to "The Stranger"?
(a) By being anti-monarchy.
(b) By not being Christian.
(c) By being too demanding.
(d) By being different.
5. Where does the British soldier in "Mandalay" want to return to?
(c) His unit.
(d) To a Burmese girl.
6. What does the man in "The Ladies" think he learned everything there is to know about?
(b) Upper society.
(c) The Army.
7. Who helps the king realize that he has the best job in the world in "The King's Job"?
(a) A group of women.
(b) A group of noblemen.
(c) A group of soldiers.
(d) A group of small children.
8. Where does the British soldier in "Mandalay" meet the woman he love?
(a) In England.
(b) In France.
(c) On the boat to Burma.
(d) By the Moulmein Pagoda.
9. What does Tubal believe in doing in "Jubal and Tubal Cain"?
(a) Staying out of the affairs of the world.
(b) Following its leader blindly.
(c) Preaching about the evils of earth.
(d) Taking action to help right the wrongs.
10. Who does the man in "A Smuggler's Song" tell to look away?
(a) His partner.
(b) The police.
(c) His wife.
(d) The old neighbor.
11. Where does the woman in "Old Mother Laidinwool" return to as it gets cold and dark?
(a) To her grave.
(b) To her mother's home.
(c) To the convent.
(d) To her husband.
12. Why should people not give advice to others according to Kipling in "The Comforters"?
(a) If they have not been in the same position.
(b) If they want the person to learn from their mistakes.
(c) If they think they are better than the other person.
(d) If they are mad at them.
13. What is Christ willing to let his children do in "The Return of the Children"?
(a) Worship him.
(b) Make their own decisions.
(c) Eat sugar and honey.
(d) Worship other gods.
14. What can "little" people become according to "A Pict Song"?
(a) A problem.
(b) A saving grace.
(c) A blessing.
(d) A disease.
15. What river does "The River's Tale" talk about?
(a) The Nile.
(b) The Thames.
(c) The Seine.
(d) The Rhone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the character in "The Widower" look forward to?
2. What do men in the service lose according to "The Service Man"?
3. Why are men inquisitive about snakes according to "Poison of Asps"?
4. What do the bees in "The Bee-Boy's Song" want?
5. What happens when St. Peter see Dinah react to the arrival of the person she was waiting for in "Dinah in Heaven"?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)