|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Boanerges Blitzen 's stature in his profession?
(a) He is the main scholar of his profession.
(b) He is well known.
(c) He is less than famous.
(d) He is the leader of a faction.
2. What do the people who led the men to death in "Mesopotamia" try to do?
(a) Make money with speaking engagements.
(b) Try to find a new cause.
(c) Belittle the cause.
(d) Try to recruit other to sent to war.
3. What future does the man in "The Galley-Slave" see for the ship?
(a) Being destroyed by the enemy.
(b) Being sold for scrap.
(c) Being sent to help others.
(d) Being decommissioned by the king.
4. What is Mulholland's cargo in "Mulholland's Contract"?
5. Why is the sergeant in "Pharaoh and the Sergeant" sent to Pharaoh?
(a) To present the respect of the King of Britain.
(b) To help him take down a rebelion.
(c) To keep him in line with what England wants.
(d) To kill him.
6. What does "The Lesson" make a case for doing?
(a) Learning from the priests.
(b) Learning from past mistakes.
(c) Leaning from others.
(d) Learning from our helders.
7. What does the character of "McAndrew's Hymn" try to make excuses for?
(a) His years of not going to church.
(b) His years neglecting his children.
(c) His behavior toward god.
(d) His lack of morality in war.
8. What part of life does the man in "The Galley-Slave" describe?
(a) It's simplicity.
(b) It's discipline.
(c) It's hardness.
(d) It's greatness.
9. How do the inhabitants of the cities in "The Song of the Cities" refer the woman?
10. What is a reminder of those who died in "The Undertaker's Horse"?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His horse.
(c) His rake.
(d) His dog.
11. What does Kipling say many Christians believe concerning those who worship Buddha in "Buddha at Kamakura"?
(a) That they are strange.
(b) That they are non-Christians.
(c) That they are weak.
(d) That they are dangerous.
12. How do "The Hyenas" see the dead men they feed on?
(a) As a good source of protein.
(b) As a punishment.
(c) As a danger.
(d) As a safe form of nourishment.
13. What message does "The Masque of Plenty" try to convey?
(a) That the Monarchy should be taken down.
(b) That war can be justified.
(c) That everyone has problems, however happy they appear on the outside.
(d) That goats are dangerous.
14. What are the main characters of "The Native Poem" taught to be respectful of?
(a) Their parents.
(b) Their Army.
(c) Their motherland.
(d) Their Queen.
15. Who is the main character of "One Viceroy Resigns"?
(a) Lord Sauron.
(b) Lord Dufferin.
(c) Lod Darmuh.
(d) Lord Rick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the man in "The Lament of the Border Cattle Thief" use to stealing?
2. What does the man in "The Betrothed" choose over his fiancee?
3. What is the lady in "Delilah" convinced to tell?
4. What does the character in "The Ballad of the King's Jest" love to do?
5. What do the attitudes of the men in "Mesopotamia" bring to the human race?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)