|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the soldiers in "Hymn Before Action" praying for?
(a) For those who are not Christian.
(b) For their enemies.
(c) For their Queen.
(d) For their comrades.
2. What are the main characters of "The Native Poem" taught to be respectful of?
(a) Their Army.
(b) Their parents.
(c) Their Queen.
(d) Their motherland.
3. What does the old Queen pray the young Queen will have?
(a) A good life.
(b) The love of those who serve her.
(c) Courage to rule.
(d) Many male heir
4. How do the inhabitants of the cities in "The Song of the Cities" refer the woman?
5. Why are the hyenas not guilty of defiling the dead?
(a) They are too wild.
(b) They are not Christians or Buddists.
(c) They are animals.
(d) They have no souls.
6. Who is the main character of "One Viceroy Resigns"?
(a) Lord Rick.
(b) Lord Dufferin.
(c) Lord Sauron.
(d) Lod Darmuh.
7. Who is the rival of the teenage girl in "My Rival"?
(a) Her cousin.
(b) A younger woman.
(c) Her sister.
(d) An older woman.
8. How does Kipling describe the lady in "Delilah"?
(a) A lady of some importance.
(b) A lady of honor.
(c) An old lady of no consequence.
(d) A poor lady.
9. What do the people who led the men to death in "Mesopotamia" try to do?
(a) Try to find a new cause.
(b) Belittle the cause.
(c) Try to recruit other to sent to war.
(d) Make money with speaking engagements.
10. What did the man in "The Galley-Slave" gain that made him part of the ship?
(a) The right to be buried at sea.
(c) Marks on his body.
11. What is a reminder of those who died in "The Undertaker's Horse"?
(a) His dog.
(b) His rake.
(c) His horse.
(d) His daughter.
12. What does "The Lesson" make a case for doing?
(a) Leaning from others.
(b) Learning from past mistakes.
(c) Learning from the priests.
(d) Learning from our helders.
13. Where does the woman in "The Song of the Lathe" work?
(a) A cannon factory.
(b) A rifle factory.
(c) A uniform factory.
(d) A bullet factory.
14. Who sits at Jesus's feet in "The Sons of Martha"?
(d) Marie Magdalene.
15. What do the men on "The Veterans" ask them to pray for?
(a) The soul of their comrades.
(b) For them to have as much courage as the veterans did.
(d) The soul of their enemies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the widow and the mother in "The Gift of the Sea" ignore?
2. What do the attitudes of the men in "Mesopotamia" bring to the human race?
3. What are the men in "The Lost Legion" never given credit for ?
4. What does the man in "The Ballad of the King's Jest" warn the King about?
5. Where did "General Joubert" die?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)