|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the character in "The Ballad of the King's Jest" love to do?
(b) Play golf.
2. Who realizes that God is the one who is in control in "What the People Said"?
(a) The gardener.
(b) The soldier.
(c) The plowman.
(d) The priest.
3. Why is the sergeant in "Pharaoh and the Sergeant" sent to Pharaoh?
(a) To present the respect of the King of Britain.
(b) To keep him in line with what England wants.
(c) To help him take down a rebelion.
(d) To kill him.
4. Where does the main character of "The 'Mary Gloster'" want to be buried?
(a) In the Winville cemetery.
(b) Next to his house.
(c) At sea.
(d) In a simple wood box.
5. What makes the character in "Gehazi" evidently dishonest?
(a) His limping leg.
(b) His leprosy.
(c) His face.
(d) His history.
6. What does "The Lover's Litany" indicate?
(a) The fickle nature of love.
(b) The long duration of anger.
(c) The universal nature of hate.
(d) The short life of bliss.
7. What is "The Masque of Plenty" written as?
(a) An opinion piece.
(b) A sonnet.
(c) A quatrain.
(d) A musical.
8. What will one day come in "The Undertaker's Horse"?
9. What are the habits of the gypsies in "The Gypsy Trail" compared to by Kipling?
10. How do the inhabitants of the cities in "The Song of the Cities" refer the woman?
11. Whose lives does "The Masque of Plenty" describe?
12. What do the people who led the men to death in "Mesopotamia" try to do?
(a) Belittle the cause.
(b) Try to find a new cause.
(c) Try to recruit other to sent to war.
(d) Make money with speaking engagements.
13. What did Kipling help the man learn about India?
(a) How happy its people is.
(b) Its heat is really bad.
(c) Its customs.
(d) How hard traveling there is.
14. What does "The Lesson" make a case for doing?
(a) Learning from the priests.
(b) Learning from our helders.
(c) Leaning from others.
(d) Learning from past mistakes.
15. What is the bullet in "The Ballad of Boh Da Thone" made of?
(b) An old coin.
(c) Telegraph wire.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do "The Hyenas" see the dead men they feed on?
2. Who sits at Jesus's feet in "The Sons of Martha"?
3. Who tricks the lady in "Delilah" into telling a secret she should not have told?
4. Who is the main character in "McAndrew's Hymn"?
5. What does Mulholland say he will do if God saves him in "Mulholland's Contract"?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)