|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the sergeant in "Pharaoh and the Sergeant" sent to Pharaoh?
(a) To kill him.
(b) To present the respect of the King of Britain.
(c) To keep him in line with what England wants.
(d) To help him take down a rebelion.
2. What do the people who led the men to death in "Mesopotamia" try to do?
(a) Belittle the cause.
(b) Try to find a new cause.
(c) Make money with speaking engagements.
(d) Try to recruit other to sent to war.
3. Why is the country in "Our Lady of the Snows" receiving favors?
(a) It helped the Navy towning a ship.
(b) It has been loyal to queen Victoria.
(c) It helped a coup against Victoria.
(d) It had the best quote.
4. Who is "Ode" dedicated to?
(a) England who died in war.
(b) Australians who died in war.
(c) Russia who died in war.
(d) Austria who died in war.
5. Where is the poem "Cruisers" located?
(a) On a warship.
(b) On a science vessel.
(c) On a steamboat.
(d) On a cargo ship.
6. How do the inhabitants of the cities in "The Song of the Cities" refer the woman?
7. Why is Jack Barrett sent to that remote place in "The Story of Uriah"?
(a) Because he lost men during a battle.
(b) So his commander can have his way with his wife.
(c) Because he was not well connected.
(d) As a reward.
8. Where does the main character of "The 'Mary Gloster'" want to be buried?
(a) Next to his house.
(b) In the Winville cemetery.
(c) At sea.
(d) In a simple wood box.
9. What is Boanerges Blitzen's profession in "The Man Who Could Write"?
10. What queen is inaugurated in "The Young Queen" ?
(a) The new Queen of Australia.
(b) The new Queen of Russia.
(c) The new Queen of England.
(d) The new Queen of Austria.
11. What does the character of "McAndrew's Hymn" try to make excuses for?
(a) His lack of morality in war.
(b) His years of not going to church.
(c) His years neglecting his children.
(d) His behavior toward god.
12. What did Kipling help the man learn about India?
(a) Its heat is really bad.
(b) Its customs.
(c) How happy its people is.
(d) How hard traveling there is.
13. What are Kipling's poems based on according to "Prelude"?
(a) Everyday life.
(b) The British Court.
(c) His experience as a trade merchant.
(d) A fantastic realm.
14. Who are the soldiers in "Hymn Before Action" praying for?
(a) For their enemies.
(b) For their Queen.
(c) For their comrades.
(d) For those who are not Christian.
15. What does the man in "McAndrew's Hymn" realize about his good behavior?
(a) It doesn't make up for the bad things he did.
(b) It is enough to go to heaven.
(c) It is virtually non-existent.
(d) It is balancing his bad actions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What future does the man in "The Galley-Slave" see for the ship?
2. What are the sons made to live according to Kipling in "The Sons of Martha"?
3. What does the main character in "One Viceroy Resigns" tell the other one not to do?
4. Who is tending to household duties in "The Sons of Martha"?
5. What does the bird in "The Dove of Dacca" responsible for?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)