|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Gypsy Trail through The Last Suttee.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the main character of "One Viceroy Resigns" believe concerning the marks one can make on the world?
(a) It is only meaningful to a few.
(b) It will be destroy by war.
(c) It will soon be forgotten.
(d) It will stay in history.
2. Where is Mulholland forced to go back to after being saved in "Mulholland's Contract"?
(a) To London
(b) To China.
(c) To the ship.
(d) To France.
3. What does Kipling say of the son of the main character in "The 'Mary Gloster"?
(a) He love to gamble.
(b) He is loving.
(c) He is good for nothing.
(d) He ignores his mother.
4. What are Kipling's verses written for?
(a) To make the reader experience freedom.
(b) To expose capitalism.
(c) To amuse the reader.
(d) To expose the danger of a Monarchy.
5. How does Kipling describe the lady in "Delilah"?
(a) A lady of some importance.
(b) A lady of honor.
(c) An old lady of no consequence.
(d) A poor lady.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Boanerges Blitzen 's stature in his profession?
2. What did Kipling help the man learn about India?
3. What does Kipling say of those who worship Buddha in "Buddha at Kamakura"?
4. What does the man in "The Galley-Slave" look back to at the start of the poem?
5. Why is the sergeant in "Pharaoh and the Sergeant" sent to Pharaoh?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)