Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose servant has been told to follow Willmore and discover which woman he is pursuing in Act 4?
2. Who comes into Angellica's disguised in men's clothing as she argues with Willmore?
3. Why do soldiers of the town arrest Belvile?
4. In Act 4, Scene 2, what aspect of "the boy's" story causes Angellica and Willmore to argue?
5. Why does Florinda assume the duel is between Pedro and Belvile?
Describe in detail three particular events in Act 1, Scene 2 that foreshadowed what would happen to Ned Blunt later in the play.
What is the definition of a tyrant? What larger context is Florinda referring to when she calls Pedro a tyrant in Act 4, Scene 2? Despite his love for her, does Belvile treat Florinda as an equal? Is his regard for her any better than her brothers? Give specific examples to support your answers.
One of the larger themes of the play seems to be warning women to beware of the charms of men. Give four specific examples of this. Are there examples of men falling to the charms of women? How is this interpreted differently in the subtext of The Rover?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)