|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Antonio tell Belvile he is as they discuss Belvile's imprisonment?
2. Whose servant has been told to follow Willmore and discover which woman he is pursuing in Act 4?
3. Where is Belvile headed before he comes upon the duel between Willmore and Antonio?
4. Why does Angellica weep as she listens to the story being told by "the boy"?
5. What does Blunt do to Florinda in the scene where she has entered a house to get away from Pedro?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe in detail three particular events in Act 1, Scene 2 that foreshadowed what would happen to Ned Blunt later in the play.
Essay Topic 2
Who is the one character of the play who wears no mask, literal or metaphorical? How does this provide a defining contrast to the other characters in The Rover? Discuss the contrast between this character's honesty versus the varied emotions being displayed by Willmore and Angellica. What purpose does this character serve to the subtext of The Rover? Fully explain your answer, giving specific examples.
Essay Topic 3
What is the definition of a tyrant? What larger context is Florinda referring to when she calls Pedro a tyrant in Act 4, Scene 2? Despite his love for her, does Belvile treat Florinda as an equal? Is his regard for her any better than her brothers? Give specific examples to support your answers.
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)