|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What announcement does Pedro make to Belvile, who he thinks is Antonio, after the duel is ended?
2. Who does Antonio tell Belvile he is as they discuss Belvile's imprisonment?
3. What does Willmore do when he sees Angellica walking away from him in the second part of Act 4, Scene 2?
4. Where do Frederic, Belvile, and Pedro head off to after Frederic relates his funny story?
5. Who does Angellica think Willmore is in love with after she has him followed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe in detail three particular events in Act 1, Scene 2 that foreshadowed what would happen to Ned Blunt later in the play.
Essay Topic 2
What might have Aphra Behn considered a virtuous woman versus a prostitute or courtesan? Using characters and situations from The Rover, discuss what could be meant by the term "virtuous woman." What makes someone virtuous? Does station in life make one more virtuous than another?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the difference between the way men treated high-born women like Florinda and low-born women, prostitutes in particular? Give two specific examples to back up your point of view.
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)