|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What funny news does Frederic share with Belvile and Pedro as they return to Pedro's garden?
2. After Antonio enters Willmore's house, who comes in unnoticed in Act 5?
3. What is the focus of Act 3, Scene 6?
4. How does Florinda react to seeing Blunt as she enters the strange house in Act 4, Scene 5?
5. What does Antonio accuse Belvile of doing as he mistakes him for Willmore, who has already left the scene?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do the scenes in which Blunt is tricked by Lucetta function to lay the groundwork for his important role in the play's climax? What, specifically, does he do in the last scene of Act 4 that plays such a pivotal role?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the difference between the way men treated high-born women like Florinda and low-born women, prostitutes in particular? Give two specific examples to back up your point of view.
Essay Topic 3
Willmore seems to continually frustrate or infuriate Belvile. Give three examples of this occurring in The Rover. Do think Willmore's gaffes are intentional? What purpose do they serve to the plot or theme of the play?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)