|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Blunt do to Florinda in the scene where she has entered a house to get away from Pedro?
2. What does Florinda get up her courage to do after she sees Blunt sitting and reading?
3. Who does the servant mistakenly think is Wilmore's love-interest after he sees a young woman with the unfaithful Englishman?
4. Who does Willmore long to be with when he is arguing with Angellica?
5. What does Willmore wish for as the argument between himself and Angellica escalates as she accuses him of loving someone else?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the relationships of Willmore and Angellica and Willmore and Hellena. What elements are similar and what are different? Also, compare Willmore's relationships with that of Belvile and Florinda. What makes these relationships different?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Frederic agree that Blunt is justified in attacking Florinda? Why does he then hesitate after he determines Florinda might be a virtuous woman? How does this illustrate one of the core themes of The Rover in regard to how women were treated? Fully explain your answer, giving specific examples.
Essay Topic 3
What is a farce? Give specific examples of how it was used in The Rover. How did these scenes differ in tone from other scenes in the play?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)