|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose servant has been told to follow Willmore and discover which woman he is pursuing in Act 4?
2. Who comes into Angellica's disguised in men's clothing as she argues with Willmore?
3. Why do soldiers of the town arrest Belvile?
4. In Act 4, Scene 2, what aspect of "the boy's" story causes Angellica and Willmore to argue?
5. Why does Florinda assume the duel is between Pedro and Belvile?
Essay Topic 1
How do the scenes in which Blunt is tricked by Lucetta function to lay the groundwork for his important role in the play's climax? What, specifically, does he do in the last scene of Act 4 that plays such a pivotal role?
Essay Topic 2
Give three examples of "double entendre" in The Rover. What purpose do they serve to the plot of the play?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Frederic agree that Blunt is justified in attacking Florinda? Why does he then hesitate after he determines Florinda might be a virtuous woman? How does this illustrate one of the core themes of The Rover in regard to how women were treated? Fully explain your answer, giving specific examples.
This section contains 1,129 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)