Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose servant has been told to follow Willmore and discover which woman he is pursuing in Act 4?
2. Who comes into Angellica's disguised in men's clothing as she argues with Willmore?
3. Why do soldiers of the town arrest Belvile?
4. In Act 4, Scene 2, what aspect of "the boy's" story causes Angellica and Willmore to argue?
5. Why does Florinda assume the duel is between Pedro and Belvile?
Essay Topic 1
An aspect to the play's thematic point is that sometimes there are masks within masks, and the removal of one layer of disguise doesn't mean there aren't more beneath it. In a cohesive page or two, describe the first "mask" Willmore shows to Angellica. When he throws this first mask aside, what does he reveal underneath? Who do you think is the "real" Willmore? Are there any other characters with multiple-layered masks?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Frederic agree that Blunt is justified in attacking Florinda? Why does he then hesitate after he determines Florinda might be a virtuous woman? How does this illustrate one of the core themes of The Rover in regard to how women were treated? Fully explain your answer, giving specific examples.
Essay Topic 3
Which one was the true Willmore and not just a mask he donned to get his way: Willmore the contemptuous womanizer or Willmore the honest husband? Please explain your answer with at least four specific examples from The Rover.
This section contains 1,129 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)