|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Angellica respond to "the boy"?
2. What is the focus of Act 3, Scene 6?
3. How is Belvile taking a chance of ruining his happiness with Florinda?
4. What happens when Willmore comes in with Frederic and sees Belvile with Pedro and Florinda after the duel?
5. After Blunt won't let them in, how do his friends enter the house?
Essay Topic 1
Why does Frederic agree that Blunt is justified in attacking Florinda? Why does he then hesitate after he determines Florinda might be a virtuous woman? How does this illustrate one of the core themes of The Rover in regard to how women were treated? Fully explain your answer, giving specific examples.
Essay Topic 2
Describe in detail three particular events in Act 1, Scene 2 that foreshadowed what would happen to Ned Blunt later in the play.
Essay Topic 3
An aspect to the play's thematic point is that sometimes there are masks within masks, and the removal of one layer of disguise doesn't mean there aren't more beneath it. In a cohesive page or two, describe the first "mask" Willmore shows to Angellica. When he throws this first mask aside, what does he reveal underneath? Who do you think is the "real" Willmore? Are there any other characters with multiple-layered masks?
This section contains 1,160 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)