|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Florinda assume the duel is between Pedro and Belvile?
2. What does Belvile suddenly remember as he and Willmore walk towards Angellica's in Act 3?
3. What does Belvile tell Florinda when he takes her aside after Pedro's announcement after the duel is halted?
4. Who does Florinda think is following her at the beginning of Scene 4 in Act 4?
5. Where is Belvile headed before he comes upon the duel between Willmore and Antonio?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Give three examples of "double entendre" in The Rover. What purpose do they serve to the plot of the play?
Essay Topic 2
Willmore seems to continually frustrate or infuriate Belvile. Give three examples of this occurring in The Rover. Do think Willmore's gaffes are intentional? What purpose do they serve to the plot or theme of the play?
Essay Topic 3
What is a farce? Give specific examples of how it was used in The Rover. How did these scenes differ in tone from other scenes in the play?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)