|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why isn't Antonio able to fight in the previously arranged duel between himself and Pedro?
2. What does Belvile tell Florinda when he takes her aside after Pedro's announcement after the duel is halted?
3. What does Pedro say to Blunt he enters the house with Belvile and Frederic and they demand to know what Blunt is up to?
4. Where does Antonio order Belvile to be taken by the soldiers of town after they arrest him?
5. Whose honor does Belvile believe Antonio is defending in the duel with Pedro?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe in detail three particular events in Act 1, Scene 2 that foreshadowed what would happen to Ned Blunt later in the play.
Essay Topic 2
What is a farce? Give specific examples of how it was used in The Rover. How did these scenes differ in tone from other scenes in the play?
Essay Topic 3
An aspect to the play's thematic point is that sometimes there are masks within masks, and the removal of one layer of disguise doesn't mean there aren't more beneath it. In a cohesive page or two, describe the first "mask" Willmore shows to Angellica. When he throws this first mask aside, what does he reveal underneath? Who do you think is the "real" Willmore? Are there any other characters with multiple-layered masks?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)