|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Blunt wearing as he tries to avoid meeting his friends by hiding in Belvile's house?
2. Angellica says she would be less upset if she gave ____________ to Willmore instead of her heart.
3. Where is Antonio's duel with Pedro to take place?
4. Who is Willmore waiting for at Belvile's house as the first part of Act 5 comes to a close?
5. Why is Florinda's servant unable to tell her who Pedro is about to confront for the duel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which one was the true Willmore and not just a mask he donned to get his way: Willmore the contemptuous womanizer or Willmore the honest husband? Please explain your answer with at least four specific examples from The Rover.
Essay Topic 2
What is the definition of a tyrant? What larger context is Florinda referring to when she calls Pedro a tyrant in Act 4, Scene 2? Despite his love for her, does Belvile treat Florinda as an equal? Is his regard for her any better than her brothers? Give specific examples to support your answers.
Essay Topic 3
How do the scenes in which Blunt is tricked by Lucetta function to lay the groundwork for his important role in the play's climax? What, specifically, does he do in the last scene of Act 4 that plays such a pivotal role?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)