|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose honor does Belvile believe Antonio is defending in the duel with Pedro?
2. What happens when Willmore challenges Antonio to a duel?
(a) They fight and Antonio is wounded.
(b) They fight and Willmore is wounded.
(c) Angellica steps in and stops them.
(d) Antonio laughs in his face.
3. How can Belvile win his freedom from Antonio in Act 4?
(a) Taking Antonio's place in the duel to be fought at midnight.
(b) Taking Antonio's place in the duel to be fought tomorrow morning.
(c) Leaving the city immediately.
(d) Pay Antonio a large sum of money.
4. What does Pedro say as he enters Act 2, scene 4 disguised in a mask and ready for his duel?
(a) He wonders where Belvile is.
(b) He says he would rather not fight.
(c) He wonders where Antonio is.
(d) He says he is ready to fight to the death.
5. What proof of her virtue does Florinda show Blunt to try to dissuade him?
(a) A corset.
(b) A locket.
(c) A ring.
(d) A letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Angellica think Willmore is in love with after she has him followed?
2. What does Willmore do when he sees Angellica walking away from him in the second part of Act 4, Scene 2?
3. Where is Antonio's duel with Pedro to take place?
4. Why does Angellica weep as she listens to the story being told by "the boy"?
5. How does Belvile show himself to be an honorable man to Pedro after Willmore draws his sword to attack Pedro?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)