|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Belvile taking a chance of ruining his happiness with Florinda?
(a) By fighting the duel with Pedro for Antonio.
(b) By flirting with Valeria.
(c) By sleeping with Angellcia.
(d) By getting revenge against Willmore.
2. What does Blunt do to Florinda in the scene where she has entered a house to get away from Pedro?
(a) He takes her to Belvile.
(b) He verbally and phsically attacks her.
(c) He makes her tea.
(d) He ties her up.
3. What does Willmore wish for as the argument between himself and Angellica escalates as she accuses him of loving someone else?
(a) That Angellica would sleep with him.
(b) That Angellica was angry enough to leave him alone.
(c) That Hellena was angry enough to leave him alone.
(d) That Hellena would sleep with him.
4. How does Belvile speak to the audience about his true feelings in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) In soliloquy.
(b) In an aside.
(c) In a double entendre.
(d) In a monologue.
5. What attractive woman does Willmore begin to follow as everyone heads out to the street in Act 4, Scene 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Willmore do when he sees Angellica walking away from him in the second part of Act 4, Scene 2?
2. What does a furious Belvile do to Willmore after he discovers him attacking Florinda?
3. Why does Hellena worry in an aside in Act 4, Scene 2 that all her hopes for love from Willmore are about to be destroyed?
4. Because he can see how much the duel with her brother is upsetting Florinda, what unexpected thing does Belvile do?
5. In Act 5, who comes in and offers to kill Willmore for the masked woman after recognizing her carriage in front of the house?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)