|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 4, Scene 5 why is Blunt happy to see Florinda?
(a) He knows Belvile loves her.
(b) He is going to ask her for money.
(c) He is in love with her.
(d) He thinks she is his chance for revenge.
2. Why do soldiers of the town arrest Belvile?
(a) They catch him attacking Angellica.
(b) They assume he is the man who assulted Willmore.
(c) They catch him stealing from Antonio.
(d) They assume he is the man who assulted Antonio.
3. Why does Angellica weep as she listens to the story being told by "the boy"?
(a) She hates sad love stories.
(b) She takes Willmore's unfaithfulness seriously and personally.
(c) She is testing Willmore's love for her.
(d) She takes Antonio's unfaithfulness seriously and personally.
4. What does Willmore use to urge Pedro to consent to the marriage between Florinda and Belvile?
(a) A crew of sailors nearby who'd be more than willing to subdue Pedro.
(b) A knife.
(c) A gun.
(d) A crew of sailors nearby who'd be more than willing to go drinking with Pedro.
5. How can Belvile win his freedom from Antonio in Act 4?
(a) Taking Antonio's place in the duel to be fought at midnight.
(b) Pay Antonio a large sum of money.
(c) Leaving the city immediately.
(d) Taking Antonio's place in the duel to be fought tomorrow morning.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Belvile show himself to be an honorable man to Pedro after Willmore draws his sword to attack Pedro?
2. Why does Florinda assume the duel is between Pedro and Belvile?
3. How do Pedro, Belvile, and Frederic decide who gets to see Blunt's woman first, after they had entered Blunt's house?
4. Who does Antonio tell Belvile he is as they discuss Belvile's imprisonment?
5. Who is the masked woman who has come to see Willmore?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)