|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Blunt first tell his friends he is doing when they suddenly appear at his door in the beginning of Act 5?
(a) He is praying.
(b) He is on his way out.
(c) He is with a woman.
(d) He is reading.
2. Who is Willmore waiting for at Belvile's house as the first part of Act 5 comes to a close?
(a) His courtesan.
(b) His gypsy.
(c) His sister.
(d) His wench.
3. As the duel has abruptly come to an end, what conclusion does Pedro come to about "Antonio"?
(a) He truly loves Angellica.
(b) He is a coward,
(c) He is Belvile.
(d) He truly loves Florinda.
4. How can Belvile win his freedom from Antonio in Act 4?
(a) Pay Antonio a large sum of money.
(b) Leaving the city immediately.
(c) Taking Antonio's place in the duel to be fought tomorrow morning.
(d) Taking Antonio's place in the duel to be fought at midnight.
5. What deal does Belvile agree to with Antonio in order to gain his freedom?
(a) He will support Antonio in his bid to be govenor.
(b) He will leave Florinda alone.
(c) He will give Antonio all his money.
(d) He will fight in Antonio's name and appear in Antonio's clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Blunt do when he apologizes to Florinda for attacking her?
2. As Act 4, Scene 4 comes to a close, who is hiding from Willmore?
3. Angellica says she would be less upset if she gave ____________ to Willmore instead of her heart.
4. How do Pedro, Belvile, and Frederic decide who gets to see Blunt's woman first, after they had entered Blunt's house?
5. Who, disguised as a man, still hides when she sees Pedro coming her way?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)