|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Frederic, Belvile, and Pedro head off to after Frederic relates his funny story?
(a) To go tease Blunt.
(b) To church.
(c) To go back to the carnival.
(d) To go see Angellica.
2. What confuses Belvile about the speech Pedro gives before the duel in Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) His referring to Antonio's attention to Angellica.
(b) His refusing to draw his sword.
(c) His referring to Antonio dishonoring Florinda.
(d) His referring to Belvile as Willmore.
3. After Antonio enters Willmore's house, who comes in unnoticed in Act 5?
4. Why is Florinda worried about Belvile at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) He has been drinking too much.
(b) He did not come to the garden gate as planned.
(c) He did not come to her window as planned.
(d) He is going to duel Antonio for her.
5. After Blunt won't let them in, how do his friends enter the house?
(a) They break down the door.
(b) They use Belvile's key.
(c) Blunt asks them to use the back door.
(d) Blunt invites them in.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Belvile's opinion of destiny as he finds himself a hopeless prisoner at Antonio's mercy?
2. What does Willmore use to urge Pedro to consent to the marriage between Florinda and Belvile?
3. Who besides Willmore determines he also has an appointment with Angellica for which he has paid her fee?
4. What does the audience know about the duel between Antonio and Pedro that Belvile doesn't know?
5. What announcement does Pedro make to Belvile, who he thinks is Antonio, after the duel is ended?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)