|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What deal does Belvile agree to with Antonio in order to gain his freedom?
(a) He will give Antonio all his money.
(b) He will support Antonio in his bid to be govenor.
(c) He will leave Florinda alone.
(d) He will fight in Antonio's name and appear in Antonio's clothes.
2. What does Belvile suddenly remember as he and Willmore walk towards Angellica's in Act 3?
(a) He is late for meeting Florinda.
(b) He is supposed to leave tomorrow.
(c) He is late for his appointment with Angellica.
(d) Florinda is supposed to marry Antonio tomorrow.
3. What does Pedro say as he enters Act 2, scene 4 disguised in a mask and ready for his duel?
(a) He wonders where Antonio is.
(b) He says he would rather not fight.
(c) He wonders where Belvile is.
(d) He says he is ready to fight to the death.
4. Who does Angellica tell Willmore he will be happier with instead of her?
(a) Only her.
(b) His other slut.
(c) His filthy little mistress.
(d) His virtuous mistress.
5. What does Pedro say to Blunt he enters the house with Belvile and Frederic and they demand to know what Blunt is up to?
(a) He apologizes for their bad manners.
(b) He is going to kill him for harming Florinda.
(c) He teases him for how he is dressed.
(d) He apologizes for his sister's bad manners.
6. What happens when Willmore comes in with Frederic and sees Belvile with Pedro and Florinda after the duel?
(a) He recognizes Belvile and greets him heartily, revealing his identity to Pedro.
(b) He flirts with Florinda.
(c) He recognizes Belvile and greets him heartily, revealing his identity to Florinda.
(d) He joins in the fight, wounding Pedro.
7. How does Angellica respond to "the boy"?
(a) She knows he is a woman in disguise.
(b) She flirts to make Willmore jealous.
(c) She is angry at him for coming in uninvited.
(d) She slaps him for impertinance.
8. Who does Antonio tell Belvile he is as they discuss Belvile's imprisonment?
(a) The govenor's son.
(b) Angellica's benefactor.
(c) The viceroy.
(d) The viceroy's son.
9. What would be worse torture to Belvile than being imprisoned by Antonio?
(a) Losing his fortune.
(b) Marrying Florinda.
(c) Losing Florinda.
(d) Losing Valeria.
10. What happens when Willmore challenges Antonio to a duel?
(a) Antonio laughs in his face.
(b) They fight and Willmore is wounded.
(c) Angellica steps in and stops them.
(d) They fight and Antonio is wounded.
11. Who does Angellica think Willmore is in love with after she has him followed?
12. How does Florinda react to seeing Blunt as she enters the strange house in Act 4, Scene 5?
(a) She runs away.
(b) She is relieved.
(c) She is nervous.
(d) She hides.
13. Who does Willmore long to be with when he is arguing with Angellica?
(b) His friends.
(d) His gypsy.
14. What does the audience know about the duel between Antonio and Pedro that Belvile doesn't know?
(a) That the duel is with Pedro.
(b) That Willmore is a rogue.
(c) That Antonio is tricking him.
(d) That Florinda wants to marry him.
15. What condition is Antonio in as he comes into the room where he is holding Belvile prisoner?
(a) He has an eye patch.
(b) He has a cane to help him walk.
(c) His leg is bandaged.
(d) His arm is bandaged.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose honor does Belvile believe Antonio is defending in the duel with Pedro?
2. Because he can see how much the duel with her brother is upsetting Florinda, what unexpected thing does Belvile do?
3. What proof of her virtue does Florinda show Blunt to try to dissuade him?
4. How can Belvile win his freedom from Antonio in Act 4?
5. Why isn't Antonio able to fight in the previously arranged duel between himself and Pedro?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)