|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Pedro, Belvile, and Frederic decide who gets to see Blunt's woman first, after they had entered Blunt's house?
(a) Drawing swords to see who has the shortest.
(b) Drawing swords to see who has the longest.
(c) Drawing straws to see who has the longest.
(d) Drawing swords to see who is the quickest.
2. After Blunt won't let them in, how do his friends enter the house?
(a) Blunt asks them to use the back door.
(b) They use Belvile's key.
(c) Blunt invites them in.
(d) They break down the door.
3. Who is Willmore waiting for at Belvile's house as the first part of Act 5 comes to a close?
(a) His gypsy.
(b) His courtesan.
(c) His sister.
(d) His wench.
4. Why does Hellena worry in an aside in Act 4, Scene 2 that all her hopes for love from Willmore are about to be destroyed?
(a) He is professing his love for Angellica.
(b) He recognizes her through her disguise.
(c) He is going to leave the country soon.
(d) He is after Angellica's money.
5. What does Pedro say as he enters Act 2, scene 4 disguised in a mask and ready for his duel?
(a) He wonders where Antonio is.
(b) He says he would rather not fight.
(c) He wonders where Belvile is.
(d) He says he is ready to fight to the death.
6. What does the masked woman demand that Willmore tell her as she reveals who she is?
(a) To know his true love.
(b) To know if he will marry her.
(c) To know how many other women he's betrayed.
(d) To know how much money he has.
7. What does the masked woman show Willmore as she enters his house?
(a) A bag of gold.
(b) A knife.
(c) Her body.
(d) A pistol.
8. How does Belvile speak to the audience about his true feelings in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) In an aside.
(b) In soliloquy.
(c) In a monologue.
(d) In a double entendre.
9. Who does Antonio tell Belvile he is as they discuss Belvile's imprisonment?
(a) The viceroy's son.
(b) The viceroy.
(c) The govenor's son.
(d) Angellica's benefactor.
10. As the duel has abruptly come to an end, what conclusion does Pedro come to about "Antonio"?
(a) He is a coward,
(b) He truly loves Angellica.
(c) He is Belvile.
(d) He truly loves Florinda.
11. What does Willmore do when he sees Angellica walking away from him in the second part of Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) Shrugs and walks away.
(b) Runs after her.
(c) Sings her a love song.
(d) Goes in search of Hellena.
12. Where is Antonio's duel with Pedro to take place?
(a) The Mall.
(b) The Plaza.
(c) The Molo.
(d) The Garden.
13. Whose servant has been told to follow Willmore and discover which woman he is pursuing in Act 4?
14. What happens when Willmore challenges Antonio to a duel?
(a) They fight and Antonio is wounded.
(b) Angellica steps in and stops them.
(c) Antonio laughs in his face.
(d) They fight and Willmore is wounded.
15. What does Belvile do when he comes upon the scene of the duel between Willmore and Antonio in Act 3?
(a) He sneaks in to see Angellica.
(b) He attends to Antonio's wounds.
(c) He joins the fight.
(d) He attends to Willmore's wounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. How can Belvile win his freedom from Antonio in Act 4?
2. What does Willmore use to urge Pedro to consent to the marriage between Florinda and Belvile?
3. What happens when Willmore comes in with Frederic and sees Belvile with Pedro and Florinda after the duel?
4. In Act 4, Scene 2, what aspect of "the boy's" story causes Angellica and Willmore to argue?
5. Because he can see how much the duel with her brother is upsetting Florinda, what unexpected thing does Belvile do?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)