|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Frederic, Belvile, and Pedro head off to after Frederic relates his funny story?
(a) To go see Angellica.
(b) To go tease Blunt.
(c) To church.
(d) To go back to the carnival.
2. How does Angellica respond to "the boy"?
(a) She is angry at him for coming in uninvited.
(b) She slaps him for impertinance.
(c) She knows he is a woman in disguise.
(d) She flirts to make Willmore jealous.
3. Who does Willmore long to be with when he is arguing with Angellica?
(a) His gypsy.
(b) His friends.
4. As the duel has abruptly come to an end, what conclusion does Pedro come to about "Antonio"?
(a) He truly loves Angellica.
(b) He is Belvile.
(c) He is a coward,
(d) He truly loves Florinda.
5. In Act 4, Scene 2, what aspect of "the boy's" story causes Angellica and Willmore to argue?
(a) Whether "the boy" is talking about Pedro.
(b) Whether "the boy" is talking about Antonio.
(c) Whether "the boy" is talking about Willmore.
(d) Whether "the boy" is actually Hellena in disguise.
6. Why is Florinda's servant unable to tell her who Pedro is about to confront for the duel?
(a) Both men have their backs to the servant.
(b) The servant doesn't want to alarm her.
(c) Both men are wearing masks.
(d) The servant has been sworn to secrecy.
7. Why does Angellica weep as she listens to the story being told by "the boy"?
(a) She hates sad love stories.
(b) She takes Antonio's unfaithfulness seriously and personally.
(c) She is testing Willmore's love for her.
(d) She takes Willmore's unfaithfulness seriously and personally.
8. Angellica says she would be less upset if she gave ____________ to Willmore instead of her heart.
(a) A Vow.
(d) A Ring.
9. How does Florinda react to seeing Blunt as she enters the strange house in Act 4, Scene 5?
(a) She hides.
(b) She is relieved.
(c) She runs away.
(d) She is nervous.
10. What does Pedro say to Blunt he enters the house with Belvile and Frederic and they demand to know what Blunt is up to?
(a) He teases him for how he is dressed.
(b) He apologizes for his sister's bad manners.
(c) He apologizes for their bad manners.
(d) He is going to kill him for harming Florinda.
11. Who is the masked woman who has come to see Willmore?
12. Who does Angellica tell Willmore he will be happier with instead of her?
(a) His filthy little mistress.
(b) His virtuous mistress.
(c) His other slut.
(d) Only her.
13. Where is Antonio's duel with Pedro to take place?
(a) The Garden.
(b) The Plaza.
(c) The Molo.
(d) The Mall.
14. Who helps Florinda escape the room where Pedro locked her up?
15. What is the focus of Act 3, Scene 6?
(a) Providing comic relief.
(b) Developing the plot through confrontation.
(c) Providing a love story between Willmore and Angellica.
(d) Developing the plot through narrator explantion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What announcement does Pedro make to Belvile, who he thinks is Antonio, after the duel is ended?
2. What does the masked woman show Willmore as she enters his house?
3. What does Belvile do when he comes upon the scene of the duel between Willmore and Antonio in Act 3?
4. Because he can see how much the duel with her brother is upsetting Florinda, what unexpected thing does Belvile do?
5. Who, disguised as a man, still hides when she sees Pedro coming her way?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)