|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pedro say as he enters Act 2, scene 4 disguised in a mask and ready for his duel?
(a) He says he would rather not fight.
(b) He says he is ready to fight to the death.
(c) He wonders where Antonio is.
(d) He wonders where Belvile is.
2. In Act 4, Scene 2, what aspect of "the boy's" story causes Angellica and Willmore to argue?
(a) Whether "the boy" is talking about Antonio.
(b) Whether "the boy" is talking about Pedro.
(c) Whether "the boy" is talking about Willmore.
(d) Whether "the boy" is actually Hellena in disguise.
3. Who does Angellica tell Willmore he will be happier with instead of her?
(a) Only her.
(b) His filthy little mistress.
(c) His other slut.
(d) His virtuous mistress.
4. What does Belvile do when he comes upon the scene of the duel between Willmore and Antonio in Act 3?
(a) He joins the fight.
(b) He sneaks in to see Angellica.
(c) He attends to Willmore's wounds.
(d) He attends to Antonio's wounds.
5. Who is Willmore waiting for at Belvile's house as the first part of Act 5 comes to a close?
(a) His sister.
(b) His wench.
(c) His courtesan.
(d) His gypsy.
6. Where do Frederic, Belvile, and Pedro head off to after Frederic relates his funny story?
(a) To go see Angellica.
(b) To church.
(c) To go back to the carnival.
(d) To go tease Blunt.
7. Who does Florinda think is following her at the beginning of Scene 4 in Act 4?
8. What does Willmore wish for as the argument between himself and Angellica escalates as she accuses him of loving someone else?
(a) That Angellica was angry enough to leave him alone.
(b) That Angellica would sleep with him.
(c) That Hellena would sleep with him.
(d) That Hellena was angry enough to leave him alone.
9. In Act 5, who comes in and offers to kill Willmore for the masked woman after recognizing her carriage in front of the house?
10. What attractive woman does Willmore begin to follow as everyone heads out to the street in Act 4, Scene 3?
11. What announcement does Pedro make to Belvile, who he thinks is Antonio, after the duel is ended?
(a) Antonio is not worthy of Florinda.
(b) The wedding between Belvile and Florinda will take place immediately.
(c) The wedding between Antonio and Florinda will take place immediately.
(d) Antonio can never have his blessing to marry Florinda.
12. Whose house does Florinda unknowingly duck into to evade Pedro?
13. Where does Antonio order Belvile to be taken by the soldiers of town after they arrest him?
(a) To the jail.
(b) To Pedro's house.
(c) To his rooms.
(d) To board the next boat out.
14. After Antonio enters Willmore's house, who comes in unnoticed in Act 5?
15. How does Belvile show himself to be an honorable man to Pedro after Willmore draws his sword to attack Pedro?
(a) He draws his sword to protect Florinda.
(b) Belvile says he's reluctant to let someone Florinda loves so much be hurt by his friend's sword.
(c) He is reluctant to marry a woman he doesn't really love.
(d) He draws his sword to protect him.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Act 4, Scene 4 comes to a close, who is hiding from Willmore?
2. What does Pedro say to Blunt he enters the house with Belvile and Frederic and they demand to know what Blunt is up to?
3. Who besides Willmore determines he also has an appointment with Angellica for which he has paid her fee?
4. Who is the masked woman who has come to see Willmore?
5. Why isn't Antonio able to fight in the previously arranged duel between himself and Pedro?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)