|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is Florinda to meet Belvile so they can finally run away together after Pedro thinks she is locked in her room?
(a) When Pedro is drinking.
(b) When Pedro is at Angellica's.
(c) When Pedro is at the carnival.
(d) When Pedro is a church.
2. What does the masked woman demand that Willmore tell her as she reveals who she is?
(a) To know how many other women he's betrayed.
(b) To know how much money he has.
(c) To know his true love.
(d) To know if he will marry her.
3. Why is Florinda worried about Belvile at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) He did not come to the garden gate as planned.
(b) He did not come to her window as planned.
(c) He is going to duel Antonio for her.
(d) He has been drinking too much.
4. How is Belvile taking a chance of ruining his happiness with Florinda?
(a) By fighting the duel with Pedro for Antonio.
(b) By sleeping with Angellcia.
(c) By getting revenge against Willmore.
(d) By flirting with Valeria.
5. What does Belvile do when he comes upon the scene of the duel between Willmore and Antonio in Act 3?
(a) He attends to Antonio's wounds.
(b) He attends to Willmore's wounds.
(c) He joins the fight.
(d) He sneaks in to see Angellica.
6. What would be worse torture to Belvile than being imprisoned by Antonio?
(a) Losing his fortune.
(b) Losing Valeria.
(c) Marrying Florinda.
(d) Losing Florinda.
7. What does Blunt do to Florinda in the scene where she has entered a house to get away from Pedro?
(a) He takes her to Belvile.
(b) He verbally and phsically attacks her.
(c) He makes her tea.
(d) He ties her up.
8. Who does Angellica think Willmore is in love with after she has him followed?
9. Who comes into Angellica's disguised in men's clothing as she argues with Willmore?
10. Whose honor does Belvile believe Antonio is defending in the duel with Pedro?
11. What does "the boy" tell Angellica in Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) A story about a faithful lover.
(b) That Antonio is an unfaithful lover.
(c) A story about an unfaithful lover.
(d) That Willmore is a thief.
12. What does the audience know about the duel between Antonio and Pedro that Belvile doesn't know?
(a) That Florinda wants to marry him.
(b) That the duel is with Pedro.
(c) That Antonio is tricking him.
(d) That Willmore is a rogue.
13. What does Blunt first tell his friends he is doing when they suddenly appear at his door in the beginning of Act 5?
(a) He is on his way out.
(b) He is with a woman.
(c) He is reading.
(d) He is praying.
14. How does Florinda react to seeing Blunt as she enters the strange house in Act 4, Scene 5?
(a) She hides.
(b) She runs away.
(c) She is nervous.
(d) She is relieved.
15. What does Willmore do when he sees Angellica walking away from him in the second part of Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) Shrugs and walks away.
(b) Goes in search of Hellena.
(c) Runs after her.
(d) Sings her a love song.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pedro say to Blunt he enters the house with Belvile and Frederic and they demand to know what Blunt is up to?
2. What does Willmore do after he duels Antonio over Angellica?
3. Who besides Willmore determines he also has an appointment with Angellica for which he has paid her fee?
4. What does Pedro say as he enters Act 2, scene 4 disguised in a mask and ready for his duel?
5. What does Florinda get up her courage to do after she sees Blunt sitting and reading?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)