|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the masked woman show Willmore as she enters his house?
(a) A bag of gold.
(b) A pistol.
(c) Her body.
(d) A knife.
2. Who is the masked woman who has come to see Willmore?
3. Where does Antonio order Belvile to be taken by the soldiers of town after they arrest him?
(a) To board the next boat out.
(b) To his rooms.
(c) To Pedro's house.
(d) To the jail.
4. What is Blunt wearing as he tries to avoid meeting his friends by hiding in Belvile's house?
(a) A fancy spanish costume.
(b) He is wearing his underclothes and a rusty sword.
(c) A mask.
5. Who does Angellica think Willmore is in love with after she has him followed?
6. What is the focus of Act 3, Scene 6?
(a) Providing comic relief.
(b) Developing the plot through confrontation.
(c) Developing the plot through narrator explantion.
(d) Providing a love story between Willmore and Angellica.
7. Who besides Willmore determines he also has an appointment with Angellica for which he has paid her fee?
8. In Act 4, Scene 5 why is Blunt happy to see Florinda?
(a) He is going to ask her for money.
(b) He is in love with her.
(c) He knows Belvile loves her.
(d) He thinks she is his chance for revenge.
9. Who helps Florinda escape the room where Pedro locked her up?
10. Where is Antonio's duel with Pedro to take place?
(a) The Garden.
(b) The Mall.
(c) The Molo.
(d) The Plaza.
11. What does "the boy" tell Angellica in Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) A story about an unfaithful lover.
(b) A story about a faithful lover.
(c) That Antonio is an unfaithful lover.
(d) That Willmore is a thief.
12. Because he can see how much the duel with her brother is upsetting Florinda, what unexpected thing does Belvile do?
(a) He lays his sword at Florinda's feet.
(b) He flees the scene.
(c) He wounds Pedro.
(d) He calls upon his friends to help fight.
13. What deal does Belvile agree to with Antonio in order to gain his freedom?
(a) He will fight in Antonio's name and appear in Antonio's clothes.
(b) He will give Antonio all his money.
(c) He will support Antonio in his bid to be govenor.
(d) He will leave Florinda alone.
14. What does a furious Belvile do to Willmore after he discovers him attacking Florinda?
(a) Belvile draws his sword and runs at him.
(b) Wounds him with his sword.
(c) Slaps him on the back and takes him drinking.
(d) Yells curses at him.
15. Why does Florinda assume the duel is between Pedro and Belvile?
(a) The servant reveals his hair color.
(b) The servant tells her they are fighting over her.
(c) Florinda recognizes his sword.
(d) Florinda hears his voice.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Pedro, Belvile, and Frederic decide who gets to see Blunt's woman first, after they had entered Blunt's house?
2. What does Willmore do when he sees Angellica walking away from him in the second part of Act 4, Scene 2?
3. How does Belvile show himself to be an honorable man to Pedro after Willmore draws his sword to attack Pedro?
4. What does the masked woman demand that Willmore tell her as she reveals who she is?
5. What does Belvile suddenly remember as he and Willmore walk towards Angellica's in Act 3?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)