|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Belvile tell Florinda when he takes her aside after Pedro's announcement after the duel is halted?
(a) He reveals his reluctance to marry her.
(b) He reveals his true identity.
(c) He reveals that Antonio loves Angellica.
(d) He reveals his love for Angellica.
2. Who is Willmore waiting for at Belvile's house as the first part of Act 5 comes to a close?
(a) His sister.
(b) His gypsy.
(c) His wench.
(d) His courtesan.
3. How does Angellica respond to "the boy"?
(a) She is angry at him for coming in uninvited.
(b) She knows he is a woman in disguise.
(c) She slaps him for impertinance.
(d) She flirts to make Willmore jealous.
4. How can Belvile win his freedom from Antonio in Act 4?
(a) Taking Antonio's place in the duel to be fought at midnight.
(b) Leaving the city immediately.
(c) Pay Antonio a large sum of money.
(d) Taking Antonio's place in the duel to be fought tomorrow morning.
5. What does Willmore do after he duels Antonio over Angellica?
(a) He attends to his own wounds.
(b) He attends to Antonio's wounds.
(c) He sleeps with Angellica.
(d) He flees.
6. What does Florinda get up her courage to do after she sees Blunt sitting and reading?
(a) Come out of hiding.
(b) Ask Blunt if he knows Belvile.
(c) Ask Blunt for help.
(d) Return to the house.
7. Where is Antonio's duel with Pedro to take place?
(a) The Molo.
(b) The Garden.
(c) The Mall.
(d) The Plaza.
8. How is Belvile taking a chance of ruining his happiness with Florinda?
(a) By flirting with Valeria.
(b) By sleeping with Angellcia.
(c) By getting revenge against Willmore.
(d) By fighting the duel with Pedro for Antonio.
9. What does Blunt first tell his friends he is doing when they suddenly appear at his door in the beginning of Act 5?
(a) He is on his way out.
(b) He is reading.
(c) He is praying.
(d) He is with a woman.
10. Who helps Florinda escape the room where Pedro locked her up?
11. Why does Hellena worry in an aside in Act 4, Scene 2 that all her hopes for love from Willmore are about to be destroyed?
(a) He is after Angellica's money.
(b) He recognizes her through her disguise.
(c) He is going to leave the country soon.
(d) He is professing his love for Angellica.
12. Whose honor does Belvile believe Antonio is defending in the duel with Pedro?
13. Who does Antonio tell Belvile he is as they discuss Belvile's imprisonment?
(a) The govenor's son.
(b) Angellica's benefactor.
(c) The viceroy's son.
(d) The viceroy.
14. Why isn't Antonio able to fight in the previously arranged duel between himself and Pedro?
(a) Because he is against fighitng.
(b) Because he is afraid of Pedro.
(c) Because of the injury he suffered.
(d) Because he doesn't really care about Angellica.
15. Whose house does Florinda unknowingly duck into to evade Pedro?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Angellica think Willmore is in love with after she has him followed?
2. What does Willmore use to urge Pedro to consent to the marriage between Florinda and Belvile?
3. What does a furious Belvile do to Willmore after he discovers him attacking Florinda?
4. After Antonio enters Willmore's house, who comes in unnoticed in Act 5?
5. What does Blunt do to Florinda in the scene where she has entered a house to get away from Pedro?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)