|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Belvile tell Florinda when he takes her aside after Pedro's announcement after the duel is halted?
(a) He reveals his true identity.
(b) He reveals his reluctance to marry her.
(c) He reveals his love for Angellica.
(d) He reveals that Antonio loves Angellica.
2. What is Blunt wearing as he tries to avoid meeting his friends by hiding in Belvile's house?
(a) A fancy spanish costume.
(c) He is wearing his underclothes and a rusty sword.
(d) A mask.
3. How does Angellica respond to "the boy"?
(a) She is angry at him for coming in uninvited.
(b) She flirts to make Willmore jealous.
(c) She knows he is a woman in disguise.
(d) She slaps him for impertinance.
4. How does Belvile react to Willmore's attack on Florinda?
(a) Belvile punches him in the face.
(b) Belvile is yelling curses at him.
(c) Belvile pats him on the back.
(d) Belvile is speechless with fury.
5. Where does Antonio order Belvile to be taken by the soldiers of town after they arrest him?
(a) To the jail.
(b) To his rooms.
(c) To board the next boat out.
(d) To Pedro's house.
6. Who, disguised as a man, still hides when she sees Pedro coming her way?
7. What would be worse torture to Belvile than being imprisoned by Antonio?
(a) Losing Florinda.
(b) Marrying Florinda.
(c) Losing Valeria.
(d) Losing his fortune.
8. How can Belvile win his freedom from Antonio in Act 4?
(a) Leaving the city immediately.
(b) Taking Antonio's place in the duel to be fought tomorrow morning.
(c) Taking Antonio's place in the duel to be fought at midnight.
(d) Pay Antonio a large sum of money.
9. Who does Angellica tell Willmore he will be happier with instead of her?
(a) His virtuous mistress.
(b) His filthy little mistress.
(c) Only her.
(d) His other slut.
10. How does Belvile speak to the audience about his true feelings in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) In a double entendre.
(b) In an aside.
(c) In soliloquy.
(d) In a monologue.
11. Who does Antonio tell Belvile he is as they discuss Belvile's imprisonment?
(a) The viceroy.
(b) The viceroy's son.
(c) The govenor's son.
(d) Angellica's benefactor.
12. What confuses Belvile about the speech Pedro gives before the duel in Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) His referring to Antonio's attention to Angellica.
(b) His referring to Antonio dishonoring Florinda.
(c) His referring to Belvile as Willmore.
(d) His refusing to draw his sword.
13. What does the masked woman demand that Willmore tell her as she reveals who she is?
(a) To know if he will marry her.
(b) To know how many other women he's betrayed.
(c) To know his true love.
(d) To know how much money he has.
14. What does Willmore do when he sees Angellica walking away from him in the second part of Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) Sings her a love song.
(b) Runs after her.
(c) Goes in search of Hellena.
(d) Shrugs and walks away.
15. What does Florinda get up her courage to do after she sees Blunt sitting and reading?
(a) Ask Blunt for help.
(b) Ask Blunt if he knows Belvile.
(c) Come out of hiding.
(d) Return to the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Frederic, Belvile, and Pedro head off to after Frederic relates his funny story?
2. Who besides Willmore determines he also has an appointment with Angellica for which he has paid her fee?
3. Who helps Florinda escape the room where Pedro locked her up?
4. Why does Hellena worry in an aside in Act 4, Scene 2 that all her hopes for love from Willmore are about to be destroyed?
5. Where is Antonio's duel with Pedro to take place?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)