|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Florinda assume the duel is between Pedro and Belvile?
(a) Florinda hears his voice.
(b) The servant tells her they are fighting over her.
(c) The servant reveals his hair color.
(d) Florinda recognizes his sword.
2. Who comes into Angellica's disguised in men's clothing as she argues with Willmore?
3. How is Belvile taking a chance of ruining his happiness with Florinda?
(a) By flirting with Valeria.
(b) By getting revenge against Willmore.
(c) By sleeping with Angellcia.
(d) By fighting the duel with Pedro for Antonio.
4. How can Belvile win his freedom from Antonio in Act 4?
(a) Pay Antonio a large sum of money.
(b) Leaving the city immediately.
(c) Taking Antonio's place in the duel to be fought tomorrow morning.
(d) Taking Antonio's place in the duel to be fought at midnight.
5. Whose house does Florinda unknowingly duck into to evade Pedro?
6. What does Pedro say as he enters Act 2, scene 4 disguised in a mask and ready for his duel?
(a) He says he would rather not fight.
(b) He wonders where Antonio is.
(c) He says he is ready to fight to the death.
(d) He wonders where Belvile is.
7. How does Florinda react to seeing Blunt as she enters the strange house in Act 4, Scene 5?
(a) She hides.
(b) She is relieved.
(c) She runs away.
(d) She is nervous.
8. Because he can see how much the duel with her brother is upsetting Florinda, what unexpected thing does Belvile do?
(a) He lays his sword at Florinda's feet.
(b) He calls upon his friends to help fight.
(c) He wounds Pedro.
(d) He flees the scene.
9. As all the characters are moving about the town in Act 4, what attractive woman begins to follow Willmore?
10. What condition is Antonio in as he comes into the room where he is holding Belvile prisoner?
(a) His leg is bandaged.
(b) He has an eye patch.
(c) His arm is bandaged.
(d) He has a cane to help him walk.
11. As the duel has abruptly come to an end, what conclusion does Pedro come to about "Antonio"?
(a) He is a coward,
(b) He truly loves Florinda.
(c) He is Belvile.
(d) He truly loves Angellica.
12. In the final scene of Act 3, what kind of appointment does Willmore have with Angellica?
(a) An appointment to recite love poems to her.
(b) An appointment to eat dinner with her.
(c) An appointment to duel Antonio for her.
(d) An appointment to sleep with her.
13. Where does Antonio order Belvile to be taken by the soldiers of town after they arrest him?
(a) To board the next boat out.
(b) To his rooms.
(c) To the jail.
(d) To Pedro's house.
14. What confuses Belvile about the speech Pedro gives before the duel in Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) His referring to Antonio's attention to Angellica.
(b) His refusing to draw his sword.
(c) His referring to Antonio dishonoring Florinda.
(d) His referring to Belvile as Willmore.
15. What does Belvile do when he comes upon the scene of the duel between Willmore and Antonio in Act 3?
(a) He attends to Antonio's wounds.
(b) He sneaks in to see Angellica.
(c) He attends to Willmore's wounds.
(d) He joins the fight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the focus of Act 3, Scene 6?
2. Where is Antonio's duel with Pedro to take place?
3. Why do soldiers of the town arrest Belvile?
4. What does Willmore do when he sees Angellica walking away from him in the second part of Act 4, Scene 2?
5. Who besides Willmore determines he also has an appointment with Angellica for which he has paid her fee?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)