|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Florinda get up her courage to do after she sees Blunt sitting and reading?
(a) Return to the house.
(b) Come out of hiding.
(c) Ask Blunt for help.
(d) Ask Blunt if he knows Belvile.
2. How does Belvile react to Willmore's attack on Florinda?
(a) Belvile is speechless with fury.
(b) Belvile punches him in the face.
(c) Belvile pats him on the back.
(d) Belvile is yelling curses at him.
3. Why does Florinda assume the duel is between Pedro and Belvile?
(a) The servant reveals his hair color.
(b) Florinda hears his voice.
(c) The servant tells her they are fighting over her.
(d) Florinda recognizes his sword.
4. How does Angellica respond to "the boy"?
(a) She knows he is a woman in disguise.
(b) She is angry at him for coming in uninvited.
(c) She flirts to make Willmore jealous.
(d) She slaps him for impertinance.
5. Why does Hellena worry in an aside in Act 4, Scene 2 that all her hopes for love from Willmore are about to be destroyed?
(a) He recognizes her through her disguise.
(b) He is professing his love for Angellica.
(c) He is going to leave the country soon.
(d) He is after Angellica's money.
6. What funny news does Frederic share with Belvile and Pedro as they return to Pedro's garden?
(a) What happened to Sancho.
(b) What happened to Antonio.
(c) What happend to Blunt.
(d) What happened to Willmore.
7. What happens when Willmore comes in with Frederic and sees Belvile with Pedro and Florinda after the duel?
(a) He recognizes Belvile and greets him heartily, revealing his identity to Florinda.
(b) He flirts with Florinda.
(c) He recognizes Belvile and greets him heartily, revealing his identity to Pedro.
(d) He joins in the fight, wounding Pedro.
8. Who does Angellica tell Willmore he will be happier with instead of her?
(a) His other slut.
(b) Only her.
(c) His filthy little mistress.
(d) His virtuous mistress.
9. What is the focus of Act 3, Scene 6?
(a) Providing a love story between Willmore and Angellica.
(b) Developing the plot through confrontation.
(c) Providing comic relief.
(d) Developing the plot through narrator explantion.
10. Why is Florinda's servant unable to tell her who Pedro is about to confront for the duel?
(a) The servant doesn't want to alarm her.
(b) The servant has been sworn to secrecy.
(c) Both men have their backs to the servant.
(d) Both men are wearing masks.
11. Who does Willmore long to be with when he is arguing with Angellica?
(b) His friends.
(d) His gypsy.
12. What does Blunt first tell his friends he is doing when they suddenly appear at his door in the beginning of Act 5?
(a) He is praying.
(b) He is on his way out.
(c) He is with a woman.
(d) He is reading.
13. Who is Willmore waiting for at Belvile's house as the first part of Act 5 comes to a close?
(a) His sister.
(b) His courtesan.
(c) His wench.
(d) His gypsy.
14. What happens when Willmore challenges Antonio to a duel?
(a) They fight and Antonio is wounded.
(b) Antonio laughs in his face.
(c) Angellica steps in and stops them.
(d) They fight and Willmore is wounded.
15. When is Florinda to meet Belvile so they can finally run away together after Pedro thinks she is locked in her room?
(a) When Pedro is drinking.
(b) When Pedro is at the carnival.
(c) When Pedro is at Angellica's.
(d) When Pedro is a church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Angellica says she would be less upset if she gave ____________ to Willmore instead of her heart.
2. What does Willmore use to urge Pedro to consent to the marriage between Florinda and Belvile?
3. Because he can see how much the duel with her brother is upsetting Florinda, what unexpected thing does Belvile do?
4. What proof of her virtue does Florinda show Blunt to try to dissuade him?
5. How does Belvile show himself to be an honorable man to Pedro after Willmore draws his sword to attack Pedro?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)