|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "the boy" tell Angellica in Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) That Willmore is a thief.
(b) That Antonio is an unfaithful lover.
(c) A story about a faithful lover.
(d) A story about an unfaithful lover.
2. In Act 5, who comes in and offers to kill Willmore for the masked woman after recognizing her carriage in front of the house?
3. When is Florinda to meet Belvile so they can finally run away together after Pedro thinks she is locked in her room?
(a) When Pedro is at the carnival.
(b) When Pedro is at Angellica's.
(c) When Pedro is a church.
(d) When Pedro is drinking.
4. What does Willmore wish for as the argument between himself and Angellica escalates as she accuses him of loving someone else?
(a) That Angellica would sleep with him.
(b) That Hellena would sleep with him.
(c) That Angellica was angry enough to leave him alone.
(d) That Hellena was angry enough to leave him alone.
5. What does a furious Belvile do to Willmore after he discovers him attacking Florinda?
(a) Wounds him with his sword.
(b) Yells curses at him.
(c) Slaps him on the back and takes him drinking.
(d) Belvile draws his sword and runs at him.
6. How does Angellica respond to "the boy"?
(a) She flirts to make Willmore jealous.
(b) She knows he is a woman in disguise.
(c) She is angry at him for coming in uninvited.
(d) She slaps him for impertinance.
7. Who does Angellica think Willmore is in love with after she has him followed?
8. Whose honor does Belvile believe Antonio is defending in the duel with Pedro?
9. What proof of her virtue does Florinda show Blunt to try to dissuade him?
(a) A locket.
(b) A letter.
(c) A ring.
(d) A corset.
10. Where is Belvile headed before he comes upon the duel between Willmore and Antonio?
(a) To wait for Florinda at the garden gate.
(b) To find Blunt.
(c) To confront Pedro.
(d) To wait under Florinda's window.
11. Who is the masked woman who has come to see Willmore?
12. Who does Florinda think is following her at the beginning of Scene 4 in Act 4?
13. Why does Florinda assume the duel is between Pedro and Belvile?
(a) The servant tells her they are fighting over her.
(b) Florinda hears his voice.
(c) Florinda recognizes his sword.
(d) The servant reveals his hair color.
14. How does Belvile react to Willmore's attack on Florinda?
(a) Belvile is speechless with fury.
(b) Belvile is yelling curses at him.
(c) Belvile pats him on the back.
(d) Belvile punches him in the face.
15. Who does Angellica tell Willmore he will be happier with instead of her?
(a) His filthy little mistress.
(b) His virtuous mistress.
(c) His other slut.
(d) Only her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Frederic, Belvile, and Pedro head off to after Frederic relates his funny story?
2. Where is Antonio's duel with Pedro to take place?
3. Who, disguised as a man, still hides when she sees Pedro coming her way?
4. What does Willmore do after he duels Antonio over Angellica?
5. Who helps Florinda escape the room where Pedro locked her up?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)