|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose servant has been told to follow Willmore and discover which woman he is pursuing in Act 4?
2. Who comes into Angellica's disguised in men's clothing as she argues with Willmore?
3. Why do soldiers of the town arrest Belvile?
(a) They catch him attacking Angellica.
(b) They assume he is the man who assulted Willmore.
(c) They assume he is the man who assulted Antonio.
(d) They catch him stealing from Antonio.
4. In Act 4, Scene 2, what aspect of "the boy's" story causes Angellica and Willmore to argue?
(a) Whether "the boy" is talking about Antonio.
(b) Whether "the boy" is actually Hellena in disguise.
(c) Whether "the boy" is talking about Pedro.
(d) Whether "the boy" is talking about Willmore.
5. Why does Florinda assume the duel is between Pedro and Belvile?
(a) Florinda hears his voice.
(b) The servant reveals his hair color.
(c) The servant tells her they are fighting over her.
(d) Florinda recognizes his sword.
6. Why isn't Antonio able to fight in the previously arranged duel between himself and Pedro?
(a) Because of the injury he suffered.
(b) Because he is afraid of Pedro.
(c) Because he doesn't really care about Angellica.
(d) Because he is against fighitng.
7. Who helps Florinda escape the room where Pedro locked her up?
8. What does "the boy" tell Angellica in Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) That Willmore is a thief.
(b) A story about an unfaithful lover.
(c) That Antonio is an unfaithful lover.
(d) A story about a faithful lover.
9. What would be worse torture to Belvile than being imprisoned by Antonio?
(a) Losing Valeria.
(b) Losing Florinda.
(c) Marrying Florinda.
(d) Losing his fortune.
10. What is the focus of Act 3, Scene 6?
(a) Providing comic relief.
(b) Providing a love story between Willmore and Angellica.
(c) Developing the plot through confrontation.
(d) Developing the plot through narrator explantion.
11. Whose house does Florinda unknowingly duck into to evade Pedro?
12. Who does Angellica think Willmore is in love with after she has him followed?
13. How does Angellica respond to "the boy"?
(a) She knows he is a woman in disguise.
(b) She flirts to make Willmore jealous.
(c) She is angry at him for coming in uninvited.
(d) She slaps him for impertinance.
14. How does Belvile react to Willmore's attack on Florinda?
(a) Belvile punches him in the face.
(b) Belvile pats him on the back.
(c) Belvile is yelling curses at him.
(d) Belvile is speechless with fury.
15. After Antonio enters Willmore's house, who comes in unnoticed in Act 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. Because he can see how much the duel with her brother is upsetting Florinda, what unexpected thing does Belvile do?
2. In the final scene of Act 3, what kind of appointment does Willmore have with Angellica?
3. Why is Florinda worried about Belvile at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 2?
4. Who does Angellica tell Willmore he will be happier with instead of her?
5. Who is the masked woman who has come to see Willmore?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)