|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who besides Willmore determines he also has an appointment with Angellica for which he has paid her fee?
2. What does "the boy" tell Angellica in Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) That Willmore is a thief.
(b) That Antonio is an unfaithful lover.
(c) A story about a faithful lover.
(d) A story about an unfaithful lover.
3. In the final scene of Act 3, what kind of appointment does Willmore have with Angellica?
(a) An appointment to sleep with her.
(b) An appointment to recite love poems to her.
(c) An appointment to duel Antonio for her.
(d) An appointment to eat dinner with her.
4. Who helps Florinda escape the room where Pedro locked her up?
5. How does Florinda react to seeing Blunt as she enters the strange house in Act 4, Scene 5?
(a) She hides.
(b) She is relieved.
(c) She is nervous.
(d) She runs away.
6. What is Belvile's opinion of destiny as he finds himself a hopeless prisoner at Antonio's mercy?
(a) Destiny seems to be working against him.
(b) He doesn't believe in destiny.
(c) Destiny can be controlled.
(d) Destiny has favored him.
7. What does a furious Belvile do to Willmore after he discovers him attacking Florinda?
(a) Belvile draws his sword and runs at him.
(b) Wounds him with his sword.
(c) Slaps him on the back and takes him drinking.
(d) Yells curses at him.
8. What deal does Belvile agree to with Antonio in order to gain his freedom?
(a) He will support Antonio in his bid to be govenor.
(b) He will leave Florinda alone.
(c) He will give Antonio all his money.
(d) He will fight in Antonio's name and appear in Antonio's clothes.
9. What does Willmore use to urge Pedro to consent to the marriage between Florinda and Belvile?
(a) A gun.
(b) A crew of sailors nearby who'd be more than willing to subdue Pedro.
(c) A knife.
(d) A crew of sailors nearby who'd be more than willing to go drinking with Pedro.
10. Where do Frederic, Belvile, and Pedro head off to after Frederic relates his funny story?
(a) To go tease Blunt.
(b) To church.
(c) To go back to the carnival.
(d) To go see Angellica.
11. Who does the servant mistakenly think is Wilmore's love-interest after he sees a young woman with the unfaithful Englishman?
12. As all the characters are moving about the town in Act 4, what attractive woman begins to follow Willmore?
13. When is Florinda to meet Belvile so they can finally run away together after Pedro thinks she is locked in her room?
(a) When Pedro is drinking.
(b) When Pedro is a church.
(c) When Pedro is at Angellica's.
(d) When Pedro is at the carnival.
14. How can Belvile win his freedom from Antonio in Act 4?
(a) Leaving the city immediately.
(b) Pay Antonio a large sum of money.
(c) Taking Antonio's place in the duel to be fought at midnight.
(d) Taking Antonio's place in the duel to be fought tomorrow morning.
15. What does Willmore wish for as the argument between himself and Angellica escalates as she accuses him of loving someone else?
(a) That Hellena was angry enough to leave him alone.
(b) That Angellica would sleep with him.
(c) That Angellica was angry enough to leave him alone.
(d) That Hellena would sleep with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Antonio order Belvile to be taken by the soldiers of town after they arrest him?
2. Why do soldiers of the town arrest Belvile?
3. What does the masked woman demand that Willmore tell her as she reveals who she is?
4. Why isn't Antonio able to fight in the previously arranged duel between himself and Pedro?
5. What attractive woman does Willmore begin to follow as everyone heads out to the street in Act 4, Scene 3?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)