|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Willmore comes in with Frederic and sees Belvile with Pedro and Florinda after the duel?
(a) He recognizes Belvile and greets him heartily, revealing his identity to Pedro.
(b) He joins in the fight, wounding Pedro.
(c) He recognizes Belvile and greets him heartily, revealing his identity to Florinda.
(d) He flirts with Florinda.
2. In the final scene of Act 3, what kind of appointment does Willmore have with Angellica?
(a) An appointment to sleep with her.
(b) An appointment to eat dinner with her.
(c) An appointment to duel Antonio for her.
(d) An appointment to recite love poems to her.
3. How does Angellica respond to "the boy"?
(a) She flirts to make Willmore jealous.
(b) She is angry at him for coming in uninvited.
(c) She slaps him for impertinance.
(d) She knows he is a woman in disguise.
4. What deal does Belvile agree to with Antonio in order to gain his freedom?
(a) He will support Antonio in his bid to be govenor.
(b) He will fight in Antonio's name and appear in Antonio's clothes.
(c) He will leave Florinda alone.
(d) He will give Antonio all his money.
5. Where do Frederic, Belvile, and Pedro head off to after Frederic relates his funny story?
(a) To go back to the carnival.
(b) To church.
(c) To go see Angellica.
(d) To go tease Blunt.
6. Who comes into Angellica's disguised in men's clothing as she argues with Willmore?
7. What attractive woman does Willmore begin to follow as everyone heads out to the street in Act 4, Scene 3?
8. What does Willmore use to urge Pedro to consent to the marriage between Florinda and Belvile?
(a) A knife.
(b) A gun.
(c) A crew of sailors nearby who'd be more than willing to go drinking with Pedro.
(d) A crew of sailors nearby who'd be more than willing to subdue Pedro.
9. How do Pedro, Belvile, and Frederic decide who gets to see Blunt's woman first, after they had entered Blunt's house?
(a) Drawing swords to see who is the quickest.
(b) Drawing swords to see who has the shortest.
(c) Drawing straws to see who has the longest.
(d) Drawing swords to see who has the longest.
10. Why is Florinda's servant unable to tell her who Pedro is about to confront for the duel?
(a) The servant has been sworn to secrecy.
(b) The servant doesn't want to alarm her.
(c) Both men have their backs to the servant.
(d) Both men are wearing masks.
11. What would be worse torture to Belvile than being imprisoned by Antonio?
(a) Losing Florinda.
(b) Losing his fortune.
(c) Losing Valeria.
(d) Marrying Florinda.
12. What does Belvile suddenly remember as he and Willmore walk towards Angellica's in Act 3?
(a) He is late for his appointment with Angellica.
(b) He is late for meeting Florinda.
(c) Florinda is supposed to marry Antonio tomorrow.
(d) He is supposed to leave tomorrow.
13. What does Blunt first tell his friends he is doing when they suddenly appear at his door in the beginning of Act 5?
(a) He is reading.
(b) He is with a woman.
(c) He is on his way out.
(d) He is praying.
14. Why is Florinda worried about Belvile at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) He has been drinking too much.
(b) He is going to duel Antonio for her.
(c) He did not come to her window as planned.
(d) He did not come to the garden gate as planned.
15. After Antonio enters Willmore's house, who comes in unnoticed in Act 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Angellica tell Willmore he will be happier with instead of her?
2. What does Willmore do when he sees Angellica walking away from him in the second part of Act 4, Scene 2?
3. What does the masked woman demand that Willmore tell her as she reveals who she is?
4. What does Willmore wish for as the argument between himself and Angellica escalates as she accuses him of loving someone else?
5. How is Belvile taking a chance of ruining his happiness with Florinda?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)