|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Antonio accuse Belvile of doing as he mistakes him for Willmore, who has already left the scene?
(a) Attacking Angellica.
(b) Attacking him twice.
(c) Attacking him once.
(d) Robbing him.
2. Who is the masked woman who has come to see Willmore?
3. What happens when Willmore challenges Antonio to a duel?
(a) Angellica steps in and stops them.
(b) They fight and Antonio is wounded.
(c) Antonio laughs in his face.
(d) They fight and Willmore is wounded.
4. Who does Florinda think is following her at the beginning of Scene 4 in Act 4?
5. What does a furious Belvile do to Willmore after he discovers him attacking Florinda?
(a) Belvile draws his sword and runs at him.
(b) Yells curses at him.
(c) Wounds him with his sword.
(d) Slaps him on the back and takes him drinking.
6. What deal does Belvile agree to with Antonio in order to gain his freedom?
(a) He will support Antonio in his bid to be govenor.
(b) He will give Antonio all his money.
(c) He will fight in Antonio's name and appear in Antonio's clothes.
(d) He will leave Florinda alone.
7. What does Belvile suddenly remember as he and Willmore walk towards Angellica's in Act 3?
(a) He is late for his appointment with Angellica.
(b) He is supposed to leave tomorrow.
(c) Florinda is supposed to marry Antonio tomorrow.
(d) He is late for meeting Florinda.
8. Who besides Willmore determines he also has an appointment with Angellica for which he has paid her fee?
9. What is Belvile's opinion of destiny as he finds himself a hopeless prisoner at Antonio's mercy?
(a) Destiny has favored him.
(b) Destiny can be controlled.
(c) He doesn't believe in destiny.
(d) Destiny seems to be working against him.
10. What announcement does Pedro make to Belvile, who he thinks is Antonio, after the duel is ended?
(a) Antonio is not worthy of Florinda.
(b) The wedding between Antonio and Florinda will take place immediately.
(c) Antonio can never have his blessing to marry Florinda.
(d) The wedding between Belvile and Florinda will take place immediately.
11. What does Pedro say to Blunt he enters the house with Belvile and Frederic and they demand to know what Blunt is up to?
(a) He apologizes for his sister's bad manners.
(b) He teases him for how he is dressed.
(c) He apologizes for their bad manners.
(d) He is going to kill him for harming Florinda.
12. What proof of her virtue does Florinda show Blunt to try to dissuade him?
(a) A corset.
(b) A locket.
(c) A letter.
(d) A ring.
13. What would be worse torture to Belvile than being imprisoned by Antonio?
(a) Losing Valeria.
(b) Marrying Florinda.
(c) Losing Florinda.
(d) Losing his fortune.
14. What does "the boy" tell Angellica in Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) That Willmore is a thief.
(b) That Antonio is an unfaithful lover.
(c) A story about a faithful lover.
(d) A story about an unfaithful lover.
15. Whose house does Florinda unknowingly duck into to evade Pedro?
Short Answer Questions
1. What attractive woman does Willmore begin to follow as everyone heads out to the street in Act 4, Scene 3?
2. What does Pedro say as he enters Act 2, scene 4 disguised in a mask and ready for his duel?
3. How is Belvile taking a chance of ruining his happiness with Florinda?
4. In Act 5, who comes in and offers to kill Willmore for the masked woman after recognizing her carriage in front of the house?
5. What does Willmore do after he duels Antonio over Angellica?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)