|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Willmore do when he sees Angellica walking away from him in the second part of Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) Runs after her.
(b) Sings her a love song.
(c) Goes in search of Hellena.
(d) Shrugs and walks away.
2. How does Belvile show himself to be an honorable man to Pedro after Willmore draws his sword to attack Pedro?
(a) He is reluctant to marry a woman he doesn't really love.
(b) He draws his sword to protect him.
(c) Belvile says he's reluctant to let someone Florinda loves so much be hurt by his friend's sword.
(d) He draws his sword to protect Florinda.
3. Where do Frederic, Belvile, and Pedro head off to after Frederic relates his funny story?
(a) To go see Angellica.
(b) To go back to the carnival.
(c) To go tease Blunt.
(d) To church.
4. Why does Angellica weep as she listens to the story being told by "the boy"?
(a) She takes Antonio's unfaithfulness seriously and personally.
(b) She takes Willmore's unfaithfulness seriously and personally.
(c) She is testing Willmore's love for her.
(d) She hates sad love stories.
5. What does Pedro say to Blunt he enters the house with Belvile and Frederic and they demand to know what Blunt is up to?
(a) He apologizes for his sister's bad manners.
(b) He is going to kill him for harming Florinda.
(c) He apologizes for their bad manners.
(d) He teases him for how he is dressed.
6. Why do soldiers of the town arrest Belvile?
(a) They assume he is the man who assulted Antonio.
(b) They assume he is the man who assulted Willmore.
(c) They catch him stealing from Antonio.
(d) They catch him attacking Angellica.
7. What does "the boy" tell Angellica in Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) That Willmore is a thief.
(b) A story about a faithful lover.
(c) A story about an unfaithful lover.
(d) That Antonio is an unfaithful lover.
8. What does Antonio accuse Belvile of doing as he mistakes him for Willmore, who has already left the scene?
(a) Attacking him once.
(b) Robbing him.
(c) Attacking him twice.
(d) Attacking Angellica.
9. Who does Florinda think is following her at the beginning of Scene 4 in Act 4?
10. Whose house does Florinda unknowingly duck into to evade Pedro?
11. Who does Angellica tell Willmore he will be happier with instead of her?
(a) Only her.
(b) His virtuous mistress.
(c) His other slut.
(d) His filthy little mistress.
12. Who besides Willmore determines he also has an appointment with Angellica for which he has paid her fee?
13. Because he can see how much the duel with her brother is upsetting Florinda, what unexpected thing does Belvile do?
(a) He calls upon his friends to help fight.
(b) He flees the scene.
(c) He wounds Pedro.
(d) He lays his sword at Florinda's feet.
14. What does Belvile suddenly remember as he and Willmore walk towards Angellica's in Act 3?
(a) Florinda is supposed to marry Antonio tomorrow.
(b) He is supposed to leave tomorrow.
(c) He is late for meeting Florinda.
(d) He is late for his appointment with Angellica.
15. Angellica says she would be less upset if she gave ____________ to Willmore instead of her heart.
(a) A Ring.
(b) A Vow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the audience know about the duel between Antonio and Pedro that Belvile doesn't know?
2. Why is Florinda worried about Belvile at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 2?
3. What deal does Belvile agree to with Antonio in order to gain his freedom?
4. As Act 4, Scene 4 comes to a close, who is hiding from Willmore?
5. Whose honor does Belvile believe Antonio is defending in the duel with Pedro?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)