|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Belvile taking a chance of ruining his happiness with Florinda?
(a) By flirting with Valeria.
(b) By sleeping with Angellcia.
(c) By getting revenge against Willmore.
(d) By fighting the duel with Pedro for Antonio.
2. Whose house does Florinda unknowingly duck into to evade Pedro?
3. Who does Antonio tell Belvile he is as they discuss Belvile's imprisonment?
(a) The viceroy's son.
(b) The viceroy.
(c) Angellica's benefactor.
(d) The govenor's son.
4. What does Belvile do when he comes upon the scene of the duel between Willmore and Antonio in Act 3?
(a) He attends to Antonio's wounds.
(b) He joins the fight.
(c) He attends to Willmore's wounds.
(d) He sneaks in to see Angellica.
5. How does Belvile react to Willmore's attack on Florinda?
(a) Belvile is yelling curses at him.
(b) Belvile pats him on the back.
(c) Belvile is speechless with fury.
(d) Belvile punches him in the face.
6. What is Belvile's opinion of destiny as he finds himself a hopeless prisoner at Antonio's mercy?
(a) He doesn't believe in destiny.
(b) Destiny seems to be working against him.
(c) Destiny has favored him.
(d) Destiny can be controlled.
7. Whose honor does Belvile believe Antonio is defending in the duel with Pedro?
8. Why is Florinda worried about Belvile at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) He did not come to the garden gate as planned.
(b) He is going to duel Antonio for her.
(c) He did not come to her window as planned.
(d) He has been drinking too much.
9. Who is Willmore waiting for at Belvile's house as the first part of Act 5 comes to a close?
(a) His sister.
(b) His courtesan.
(c) His gypsy.
(d) His wench.
10. Because he can see how much the duel with her brother is upsetting Florinda, what unexpected thing does Belvile do?
(a) He lays his sword at Florinda's feet.
(b) He calls upon his friends to help fight.
(c) He flees the scene.
(d) He wounds Pedro.
11. Why isn't Antonio able to fight in the previously arranged duel between himself and Pedro?
(a) Because of the injury he suffered.
(b) Because he is afraid of Pedro.
(c) Because he doesn't really care about Angellica.
(d) Because he is against fighitng.
12. What attractive woman does Willmore begin to follow as everyone heads out to the street in Act 4, Scene 3?
13. In Act 4, Scene 5 why is Blunt happy to see Florinda?
(a) He knows Belvile loves her.
(b) He is in love with her.
(c) He thinks she is his chance for revenge.
(d) He is going to ask her for money.
14. Who is the masked woman who has come to see Willmore?
15. As Act 4, Scene 4 comes to a close, who is hiding from Willmore?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Belvile speak to the audience about his true feelings in Act 4, Scene 1?
2. What happens when Willmore challenges Antonio to a duel?
3. What happens when Willmore comes in with Frederic and sees Belvile with Pedro and Florinda after the duel?
4. Who does the servant mistakenly think is Wilmore's love-interest after he sees a young woman with the unfaithful Englishman?
5. Whose servant has been told to follow Willmore and discover which woman he is pursuing in Act 4?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)