|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Florinda react to seeing Blunt as she enters the strange house in Act 4, Scene 5?
(a) She is relieved.
(b) She is nervous.
(c) She runs away.
(d) She hides.
2. How does Angellica respond to "the boy"?
(a) She is angry at him for coming in uninvited.
(b) She flirts to make Willmore jealous.
(c) She knows he is a woman in disguise.
(d) She slaps him for impertinance.
3. How does Belvile react to Willmore's attack on Florinda?
(a) Belvile is yelling curses at him.
(b) Belvile punches him in the face.
(c) Belvile pats him on the back.
(d) Belvile is speechless with fury.
4. When is Florinda to meet Belvile so they can finally run away together after Pedro thinks she is locked in her room?
(a) When Pedro is a church.
(b) When Pedro is at Angellica's.
(c) When Pedro is at the carnival.
(d) When Pedro is drinking.
5. What does Willmore wish for as the argument between himself and Angellica escalates as she accuses him of loving someone else?
(a) That Hellena was angry enough to leave him alone.
(b) That Angellica would sleep with him.
(c) That Angellica was angry enough to leave him alone.
(d) That Hellena would sleep with him.
6. Why does Hellena worry in an aside in Act 4, Scene 2 that all her hopes for love from Willmore are about to be destroyed?
(a) He is after Angellica's money.
(b) He is professing his love for Angellica.
(c) He is going to leave the country soon.
(d) He recognizes her through her disguise.
7. Whose servant has been told to follow Willmore and discover which woman he is pursuing in Act 4?
8. What does the masked woman show Willmore as she enters his house?
(a) A bag of gold.
(b) A pistol.
(c) Her body.
(d) A knife.
9. What is Belvile's opinion of destiny as he finds himself a hopeless prisoner at Antonio's mercy?
(a) Destiny can be controlled.
(b) Destiny has favored him.
(c) He doesn't believe in destiny.
(d) Destiny seems to be working against him.
10. Who is the masked woman who has come to see Willmore?
11. Whose honor does Belvile believe Antonio is defending in the duel with Pedro?
12. In Act 4, Scene 5 why is Blunt happy to see Florinda?
(a) He is going to ask her for money.
(b) He thinks she is his chance for revenge.
(c) He knows Belvile loves her.
(d) He is in love with her.
13. How does Belvile speak to the audience about his true feelings in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) In soliloquy.
(b) In an aside.
(c) In a double entendre.
(d) In a monologue.
14. What would be worse torture to Belvile than being imprisoned by Antonio?
(a) Losing Florinda.
(b) Marrying Florinda.
(c) Losing Valeria.
(d) Losing his fortune.
15. What announcement does Pedro make to Belvile, who he thinks is Antonio, after the duel is ended?
(a) The wedding between Antonio and Florinda will take place immediately.
(b) Antonio is not worthy of Florinda.
(c) Antonio can never have his blessing to marry Florinda.
(d) The wedding between Belvile and Florinda will take place immediately.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Belvile headed before he comes upon the duel between Willmore and Antonio?
2. What does a furious Belvile do to Willmore after he discovers him attacking Florinda?
3. As Act 4, Scene 4 comes to a close, who is hiding from Willmore?
4. What funny news does Frederic share with Belvile and Pedro as they return to Pedro's garden?
5. Angellica says she would be less upset if she gave ____________ to Willmore instead of her heart.
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)