|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What funny news does Frederic share with Belvile and Pedro as they return to Pedro's garden?
(a) What happened to Willmore.
(b) What happened to Antonio.
(c) What happend to Blunt.
(d) What happened to Sancho.
2. Who helps Florinda escape the room where Pedro locked her up?
3. In Act 4, Scene 5 why is Blunt happy to see Florinda?
(a) He knows Belvile loves her.
(b) He is in love with her.
(c) He thinks she is his chance for revenge.
(d) He is going to ask her for money.
4. How does Florinda react to seeing Blunt as she enters the strange house in Act 4, Scene 5?
(a) She is relieved.
(b) She hides.
(c) She is nervous.
(d) She runs away.
5. In Act 4, Scene 2, what aspect of "the boy's" story causes Angellica and Willmore to argue?
(a) Whether "the boy" is talking about Antonio.
(b) Whether "the boy" is actually Hellena in disguise.
(c) Whether "the boy" is talking about Pedro.
(d) Whether "the boy" is talking about Willmore.
6. What does Blunt do to Florinda in the scene where she has entered a house to get away from Pedro?
(a) He takes her to Belvile.
(b) He ties her up.
(c) He verbally and phsically attacks her.
(d) He makes her tea.
7. Because he can see how much the duel with her brother is upsetting Florinda, what unexpected thing does Belvile do?
(a) He lays his sword at Florinda's feet.
(b) He flees the scene.
(c) He calls upon his friends to help fight.
(d) He wounds Pedro.
8. As all the characters are moving about the town in Act 4, what attractive woman begins to follow Willmore?
9. As Act 4, Scene 4 comes to a close, who is hiding from Willmore?
10. Angellica says she would be less upset if she gave ____________ to Willmore instead of her heart.
(a) A Ring.
(c) A Vow.
11. What does a furious Belvile do to Willmore after he discovers him attacking Florinda?
(a) Slaps him on the back and takes him drinking.
(b) Yells curses at him.
(c) Wounds him with his sword.
(d) Belvile draws his sword and runs at him.
12. Who does the servant mistakenly think is Wilmore's love-interest after he sees a young woman with the unfaithful Englishman?
13. Who does Angellica tell Willmore he will be happier with instead of her?
(a) His other slut.
(b) His filthy little mistress.
(c) His virtuous mistress.
(d) Only her.
14. Why does Hellena worry in an aside in Act 4, Scene 2 that all her hopes for love from Willmore are about to be destroyed?
(a) He is after Angellica's money.
(b) He is going to leave the country soon.
(c) He is professing his love for Angellica.
(d) He recognizes her through her disguise.
15. What proof of her virtue does Florinda show Blunt to try to dissuade him?
(a) A ring.
(b) A locket.
(c) A corset.
(d) A letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Florinda think is following her at the beginning of Scene 4 in Act 4?
2. What is Belvile's opinion of destiny as he finds himself a hopeless prisoner at Antonio's mercy?
3. After Blunt won't let them in, how do his friends enter the house?
4. What does Belvile tell Florinda when he takes her aside after Pedro's announcement after the duel is halted?
5. What does Florinda get up her courage to do after she sees Blunt sitting and reading?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)