|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Antonio order Belvile to be taken by the soldiers of town after they arrest him?
(a) To board the next boat out.
(b) To the jail.
(c) To his rooms.
(d) To Pedro's house.
2. What does Pedro say as he enters Act 2, scene 4 disguised in a mask and ready for his duel?
(a) He wonders where Antonio is.
(b) He wonders where Belvile is.
(c) He says he would rather not fight.
(d) He says he is ready to fight to the death.
3. Why isn't Antonio able to fight in the previously arranged duel between himself and Pedro?
(a) Because of the injury he suffered.
(b) Because he doesn't really care about Angellica.
(c) Because he is against fighitng.
(d) Because he is afraid of Pedro.
4. What does the masked woman show Willmore as she enters his house?
(a) A pistol.
(b) Her body.
(c) A knife.
(d) A bag of gold.
5. After Antonio enters Willmore's house, who comes in unnoticed in Act 5?
6. Because he can see how much the duel with her brother is upsetting Florinda, what unexpected thing does Belvile do?
(a) He flees the scene.
(b) He calls upon his friends to help fight.
(c) He wounds Pedro.
(d) He lays his sword at Florinda's feet.
7. What would be worse torture to Belvile than being imprisoned by Antonio?
(a) Losing his fortune.
(b) Losing Florinda.
(c) Marrying Florinda.
(d) Losing Valeria.
8. Why is Florinda's servant unable to tell her who Pedro is about to confront for the duel?
(a) The servant has been sworn to secrecy.
(b) Both men have their backs to the servant.
(c) Both men are wearing masks.
(d) The servant doesn't want to alarm her.
9. In Act 4, Scene 5 why is Blunt happy to see Florinda?
(a) He thinks she is his chance for revenge.
(b) He knows Belvile loves her.
(c) He is going to ask her for money.
(d) He is in love with her.
10. What does the audience know about the duel between Antonio and Pedro that Belvile doesn't know?
(a) That the duel is with Pedro.
(b) That Antonio is tricking him.
(c) That Florinda wants to marry him.
(d) That Willmore is a rogue.
11. What does the masked woman demand that Willmore tell her as she reveals who she is?
(a) To know if he will marry her.
(b) To know how many other women he's betrayed.
(c) To know his true love.
(d) To know how much money he has.
12. What is Blunt wearing as he tries to avoid meeting his friends by hiding in Belvile's house?
(b) He is wearing his underclothes and a rusty sword.
(c) A fancy spanish costume.
(d) A mask.
13. How does Belvile speak to the audience about his true feelings in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) In an aside.
(b) In a double entendre.
(c) In a monologue.
(d) In soliloquy.
14. What confuses Belvile about the speech Pedro gives before the duel in Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) His refusing to draw his sword.
(b) His referring to Antonio dishonoring Florinda.
(c) His referring to Antonio's attention to Angellica.
(d) His referring to Belvile as Willmore.
15. What attractive woman does Willmore begin to follow as everyone heads out to the street in Act 4, Scene 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 5, who comes in and offers to kill Willmore for the masked woman after recognizing her carriage in front of the house?
2. What proof of her virtue does Florinda show Blunt to try to dissuade him?
3. What does Blunt do when he apologizes to Florinda for attacking her?
4. How can Belvile win his freedom from Antonio in Act 4?
5. Whose house does Florinda unknowingly duck into to evade Pedro?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)