|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Blunt do to Florinda in the scene where she has entered a house to get away from Pedro?
(a) He makes her tea.
(b) He takes her to Belvile.
(c) He verbally and phsically attacks her.
(d) He ties her up.
2. Why does Florinda assume the duel is between Pedro and Belvile?
(a) Florinda recognizes his sword.
(b) The servant tells her they are fighting over her.
(c) Florinda hears his voice.
(d) The servant reveals his hair color.
3. What does Willmore do when he sees Angellica walking away from him in the second part of Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) Sings her a love song.
(b) Goes in search of Hellena.
(c) Runs after her.
(d) Shrugs and walks away.
4. Why is Florinda worried about Belvile at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) He did not come to the garden gate as planned.
(b) He is going to duel Antonio for her.
(c) He has been drinking too much.
(d) He did not come to her window as planned.
5. Who, disguised as a man, still hides when she sees Pedro coming her way?
6. What would be worse torture to Belvile than being imprisoned by Antonio?
(a) Losing his fortune.
(b) Losing Florinda.
(c) Marrying Florinda.
(d) Losing Valeria.
7. How does Belvile show himself to be an honorable man to Pedro after Willmore draws his sword to attack Pedro?
(a) Belvile says he's reluctant to let someone Florinda loves so much be hurt by his friend's sword.
(b) He draws his sword to protect Florinda.
(c) He draws his sword to protect him.
(d) He is reluctant to marry a woman he doesn't really love.
8. Whose house does Florinda unknowingly duck into to evade Pedro?
9. Where does Antonio order Belvile to be taken by the soldiers of town after they arrest him?
(a) To board the next boat out.
(b) To the jail.
(c) To Pedro's house.
(d) To his rooms.
10. What does Florinda get up her courage to do after she sees Blunt sitting and reading?
(a) Come out of hiding.
(b) Ask Blunt if he knows Belvile.
(c) Return to the house.
(d) Ask Blunt for help.
11. As all the characters are moving about the town in Act 4, what attractive woman begins to follow Willmore?
12. What happens when Willmore challenges Antonio to a duel?
(a) They fight and Willmore is wounded.
(b) Angellica steps in and stops them.
(c) Antonio laughs in his face.
(d) They fight and Antonio is wounded.
13. What does the masked woman demand that Willmore tell her as she reveals who she is?
(a) To know if he will marry her.
(b) To know his true love.
(c) To know how many other women he's betrayed.
(d) To know how much money he has.
14. What is Belvile's opinion of destiny as he finds himself a hopeless prisoner at Antonio's mercy?
(a) Destiny can be controlled.
(b) Destiny seems to be working against him.
(c) Destiny has favored him.
(d) He doesn't believe in destiny.
15. What announcement does Pedro make to Belvile, who he thinks is Antonio, after the duel is ended?
(a) Antonio is not worthy of Florinda.
(b) Antonio can never have his blessing to marry Florinda.
(c) The wedding between Belvile and Florinda will take place immediately.
(d) The wedding between Antonio and Florinda will take place immediately.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Blunt first tell his friends he is doing when they suddenly appear at his door in the beginning of Act 5?
2. What happens when Willmore comes in with Frederic and sees Belvile with Pedro and Florinda after the duel?
3. What does Pedro say as he enters Act 2, scene 4 disguised in a mask and ready for his duel?
4. Who does Angellica think Willmore is in love with after she has him followed?
5. When is Florinda to meet Belvile so they can finally run away together after Pedro thinks she is locked in her room?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)