|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Belvile speak to the audience about his true feelings in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) In a monologue.
(b) In a double entendre.
(c) In soliloquy.
(d) In an aside.
2. What condition is Antonio in as he comes into the room where he is holding Belvile prisoner?
(a) His leg is bandaged.
(b) His arm is bandaged.
(c) He has an eye patch.
(d) He has a cane to help him walk.
3. What does Blunt do when he apologizes to Florinda for attacking her?
(a) Bows to her.
(b) Returns her ring.
(c) Returns her money.
(d) Kisses her.
4. How does Angellica respond to "the boy"?
(a) She flirts to make Willmore jealous.
(b) She is angry at him for coming in uninvited.
(c) She slaps him for impertinance.
(d) She knows he is a woman in disguise.
5. Why is Florinda's servant unable to tell her who Pedro is about to confront for the duel?
(a) The servant has been sworn to secrecy.
(b) Both men have their backs to the servant.
(c) Both men are wearing masks.
(d) The servant doesn't want to alarm her.
6. In Act 4, Scene 5 why is Blunt happy to see Florinda?
(a) He thinks she is his chance for revenge.
(b) He knows Belvile loves her.
(c) He is going to ask her for money.
(d) He is in love with her.
7. Who is the masked woman who has come to see Willmore?
8. What does Willmore use to urge Pedro to consent to the marriage between Florinda and Belvile?
(a) A knife.
(b) A gun.
(c) A crew of sailors nearby who'd be more than willing to subdue Pedro.
(d) A crew of sailors nearby who'd be more than willing to go drinking with Pedro.
9. Why does Hellena worry in an aside in Act 4, Scene 2 that all her hopes for love from Willmore are about to be destroyed?
(a) He is after Angellica's money.
(b) He is professing his love for Angellica.
(c) He is going to leave the country soon.
(d) He recognizes her through her disguise.
10. Why isn't Antonio able to fight in the previously arranged duel between himself and Pedro?
(a) Because he doesn't really care about Angellica.
(b) Because he is afraid of Pedro.
(c) Because of the injury he suffered.
(d) Because he is against fighitng.
11. How does Florinda react to seeing Blunt as she enters the strange house in Act 4, Scene 5?
(a) She is relieved.
(b) She is nervous.
(c) She hides.
(d) She runs away.
12. Angellica says she would be less upset if she gave ____________ to Willmore instead of her heart.
(c) A Vow.
(d) A Ring.
13. How do Pedro, Belvile, and Frederic decide who gets to see Blunt's woman first, after they had entered Blunt's house?
(a) Drawing straws to see who has the longest.
(b) Drawing swords to see who is the quickest.
(c) Drawing swords to see who has the longest.
(d) Drawing swords to see who has the shortest.
14. What does Willmore do when he sees Angellica walking away from him in the second part of Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) Shrugs and walks away.
(b) Runs after her.
(c) Sings her a love song.
(d) Goes in search of Hellena.
15. Who does Antonio tell Belvile he is as they discuss Belvile's imprisonment?
(a) Angellica's benefactor.
(b) The viceroy's son.
(c) The viceroy.
(d) The govenor's son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes into Angellica's disguised in men's clothing as she argues with Willmore?
2. What confuses Belvile about the speech Pedro gives before the duel in Act 4, Scene 2?
3. How does Belvile react to Willmore's attack on Florinda?
4. What does the masked woman demand that Willmore tell her as she reveals who she is?
5. What does the masked woman show Willmore as she enters his house?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)