|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do soldiers of the town arrest Belvile?
(a) They assume he is the man who assulted Antonio.
(b) They assume he is the man who assulted Willmore.
(c) They catch him attacking Angellica.
(d) They catch him stealing from Antonio.
2. As all the characters are moving about the town in Act 4, what attractive woman begins to follow Willmore?
3. What deal does Belvile agree to with Antonio in order to gain his freedom?
(a) He will give Antonio all his money.
(b) He will fight in Antonio's name and appear in Antonio's clothes.
(c) He will support Antonio in his bid to be govenor.
(d) He will leave Florinda alone.
4. In Act 4, Scene 2, what aspect of "the boy's" story causes Angellica and Willmore to argue?
(a) Whether "the boy" is actually Hellena in disguise.
(b) Whether "the boy" is talking about Pedro.
(c) Whether "the boy" is talking about Willmore.
(d) Whether "the boy" is talking about Antonio.
5. How is Belvile taking a chance of ruining his happiness with Florinda?
(a) By flirting with Valeria.
(b) By sleeping with Angellcia.
(c) By getting revenge against Willmore.
(d) By fighting the duel with Pedro for Antonio.
6. In the final scene of Act 3, what kind of appointment does Willmore have with Angellica?
(a) An appointment to eat dinner with her.
(b) An appointment to sleep with her.
(c) An appointment to duel Antonio for her.
(d) An appointment to recite love poems to her.
7. How do Pedro, Belvile, and Frederic decide who gets to see Blunt's woman first, after they had entered Blunt's house?
(a) Drawing swords to see who has the longest.
(b) Drawing swords to see who is the quickest.
(c) Drawing swords to see who has the shortest.
(d) Drawing straws to see who has the longest.
8. Who helps Florinda escape the room where Pedro locked her up?
9. Where is Antonio's duel with Pedro to take place?
(a) The Plaza.
(b) The Molo.
(c) The Garden.
(d) The Mall.
10. How does Angellica respond to "the boy"?
(a) She flirts to make Willmore jealous.
(b) She knows he is a woman in disguise.
(c) She slaps him for impertinance.
(d) She is angry at him for coming in uninvited.
11. What announcement does Pedro make to Belvile, who he thinks is Antonio, after the duel is ended?
(a) Antonio is not worthy of Florinda.
(b) The wedding between Belvile and Florinda will take place immediately.
(c) Antonio can never have his blessing to marry Florinda.
(d) The wedding between Antonio and Florinda will take place immediately.
12. What confuses Belvile about the speech Pedro gives before the duel in Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) His referring to Antonio dishonoring Florinda.
(b) His refusing to draw his sword.
(c) His referring to Antonio's attention to Angellica.
(d) His referring to Belvile as Willmore.
13. Whose house does Florinda unknowingly duck into to evade Pedro?
14. In Act 4, Scene 5 why is Blunt happy to see Florinda?
(a) He thinks she is his chance for revenge.
(b) He is going to ask her for money.
(c) He is in love with her.
(d) He knows Belvile loves her.
15. Who does Willmore long to be with when he is arguing with Angellica?
(a) His gypsy.
(d) His friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Willmore challenges Antonio to a duel?
2. What does the masked woman show Willmore as she enters his house?
3. What does Willmore do after he duels Antonio over Angellica?
4. Who is the masked woman who has come to see Willmore?
5. Whose servant has been told to follow Willmore and discover which woman he is pursuing in Act 4?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)