|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the masked woman show Willmore as she enters his house?
(a) A pistol.
(b) A knife.
(c) A bag of gold.
(d) Her body.
2. Because he can see how much the duel with her brother is upsetting Florinda, what unexpected thing does Belvile do?
(a) He calls upon his friends to help fight.
(b) He wounds Pedro.
(c) He flees the scene.
(d) He lays his sword at Florinda's feet.
3. In the final scene of Act 3, what kind of appointment does Willmore have with Angellica?
(a) An appointment to duel Antonio for her.
(b) An appointment to eat dinner with her.
(c) An appointment to recite love poems to her.
(d) An appointment to sleep with her.
4. What is Blunt wearing as he tries to avoid meeting his friends by hiding in Belvile's house?
(a) A fancy spanish costume.
(b) He is wearing his underclothes and a rusty sword.
(d) A mask.
5. Who, disguised as a man, still hides when she sees Pedro coming her way?
6. What does Pedro say as he enters Act 2, scene 4 disguised in a mask and ready for his duel?
(a) He wonders where Antonio is.
(b) He says he is ready to fight to the death.
(c) He wonders where Belvile is.
(d) He says he would rather not fight.
7. What does a furious Belvile do to Willmore after he discovers him attacking Florinda?
(a) Wounds him with his sword.
(b) Slaps him on the back and takes him drinking.
(c) Yells curses at him.
(d) Belvile draws his sword and runs at him.
8. After Blunt won't let them in, how do his friends enter the house?
(a) Blunt asks them to use the back door.
(b) Blunt invites them in.
(c) They use Belvile's key.
(d) They break down the door.
9. Where is Belvile headed before he comes upon the duel between Willmore and Antonio?
(a) To find Blunt.
(b) To confront Pedro.
(c) To wait under Florinda's window.
(d) To wait for Florinda at the garden gate.
10. Whose honor does Belvile believe Antonio is defending in the duel with Pedro?
11. How does Belvile show himself to be an honorable man to Pedro after Willmore draws his sword to attack Pedro?
(a) He draws his sword to protect Florinda.
(b) He draws his sword to protect him.
(c) Belvile says he's reluctant to let someone Florinda loves so much be hurt by his friend's sword.
(d) He is reluctant to marry a woman he doesn't really love.
12. What condition is Antonio in as he comes into the room where he is holding Belvile prisoner?
(a) His arm is bandaged.
(b) His leg is bandaged.
(c) He has an eye patch.
(d) He has a cane to help him walk.
13. How does Belvile speak to the audience about his true feelings in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) In a monologue.
(b) In a double entendre.
(c) In an aside.
(d) In soliloquy.
14. What does Florinda get up her courage to do after she sees Blunt sitting and reading?
(a) Ask Blunt if he knows Belvile.
(b) Ask Blunt for help.
(c) Come out of hiding.
(d) Return to the house.
15. How does Florinda react to seeing Blunt as she enters the strange house in Act 4, Scene 5?
(a) She runs away.
(b) She hides.
(c) She is nervous.
(d) She is relieved.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes into Angellica's disguised in men's clothing as she argues with Willmore?
2. What does Willmore do after he duels Antonio over Angellica?
3. What does the masked woman demand that Willmore tell her as she reveals who she is?
4. Who is the masked woman who has come to see Willmore?
5. In Act 5, who comes in and offers to kill Willmore for the masked woman after recognizing her carriage in front of the house?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)