|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Willmore wish for as the argument between himself and Angellica escalates as she accuses him of loving someone else?
(a) That Angellica would sleep with him.
(b) That Hellena would sleep with him.
(c) That Hellena was angry enough to leave him alone.
(d) That Angellica was angry enough to leave him alone.
2. Whose servant has been told to follow Willmore and discover which woman he is pursuing in Act 4?
3. What funny news does Frederic share with Belvile and Pedro as they return to Pedro's garden?
(a) What happened to Antonio.
(b) What happened to Sancho.
(c) What happened to Willmore.
(d) What happend to Blunt.
4. Who does Florinda think is following her at the beginning of Scene 4 in Act 4?
5. Who is Willmore waiting for at Belvile's house as the first part of Act 5 comes to a close?
(a) His gypsy.
(b) His wench.
(c) His sister.
(d) His courtesan.
6. What does the masked woman demand that Willmore tell her as she reveals who she is?
(a) To know how many other women he's betrayed.
(b) To know if he will marry her.
(c) To know how much money he has.
(d) To know his true love.
7. What does Blunt first tell his friends he is doing when they suddenly appear at his door in the beginning of Act 5?
(a) He is praying.
(b) He is on his way out.
(c) He is with a woman.
(d) He is reading.
8. After Antonio enters Willmore's house, who comes in unnoticed in Act 5?
9. What does Florinda get up her courage to do after she sees Blunt sitting and reading?
(a) Ask Blunt for help.
(b) Ask Blunt if he knows Belvile.
(c) Return to the house.
(d) Come out of hiding.
10. What deal does Belvile agree to with Antonio in order to gain his freedom?
(a) He will leave Florinda alone.
(b) He will support Antonio in his bid to be govenor.
(c) He will fight in Antonio's name and appear in Antonio's clothes.
(d) He will give Antonio all his money.
11. What does Pedro say to Blunt he enters the house with Belvile and Frederic and they demand to know what Blunt is up to?
(a) He is going to kill him for harming Florinda.
(b) He teases him for how he is dressed.
(c) He apologizes for his sister's bad manners.
(d) He apologizes for their bad manners.
12. Because he can see how much the duel with her brother is upsetting Florinda, what unexpected thing does Belvile do?
(a) He flees the scene.
(b) He wounds Pedro.
(c) He calls upon his friends to help fight.
(d) He lays his sword at Florinda's feet.
13. Who, disguised as a man, still hides when she sees Pedro coming her way?
14. What does a furious Belvile do to Willmore after he discovers him attacking Florinda?
(a) Yells curses at him.
(b) Slaps him on the back and takes him drinking.
(c) Belvile draws his sword and runs at him.
(d) Wounds him with his sword.
15. Who comes into Angellica's disguised in men's clothing as she argues with Willmore?
Short Answer Questions
1. What confuses Belvile about the speech Pedro gives before the duel in Act 4, Scene 2?
2. Who does Angellica think Willmore is in love with after she has him followed?
3. Who besides Willmore determines he also has an appointment with Angellica for which he has paid her fee?
4. What is the focus of Act 3, Scene 6?
5. What does Blunt do to Florinda in the scene where she has entered a house to get away from Pedro?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)