|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why isn't Phillippo jealous of Lucetta flirting with Blunt?
(a) Although Blunt has money, he is a complete fool.
(b) Phillippo doesn't care about Lucetta.
(c) Phillippo knows he will kill Blunt anyway.
(d) Although Blunt has money, he is very ugly.
2. As Blunt walks away from the carnival to follow Lucetta, what do his friends comment about him?
(a) He has all their money.
(b) He is a great guy.
(c) He was a war hero.
(d) He has no money with him.
3. What does Blunt dread the most about his unfortunate incident with Lucetta and her accomplices?
(a) He dreads having no money.
(b) He dreads being hungry and poor.
(c) He dreads his friends finding out.
(d) He dreads losing Lucetta.
4. What do the Englishmen decide to do to pass the time and bolster their spirits after all the women depart from the street in front of Angellica's?
(a) Go drinking.
(b) Go sailing.
(c) Go pick a fight.
(d) Go to the carnival.
5. Many of the characters behave according to what standard?
(a) What they want to believe instead of what is actually in front of them.
(b) The rules of the church.
(c) The king's commands.
(d) The rules of the land.
6. What does Hellena make Willmore promise after she catches him coming out of Angellica's house?
(a) Hellena says she will never see him again unless he refuses to pay her brother money.
(b) Hellena says she will never see him again unless he refuses to see Angellica
(c) Hellena says she will never see him again unless he marries her.
(d) Hellena says she will never see him again unless he refuses to see Lucetta.
7. What does Willmore promise to give Angellica in the second act of The Rover?
(a) His money.
(b) His love.
(c) His sword.
(d) His time.
8. What is unusual about the three couples at the center of the play?
(a) Two of the couples involve the same man.
(b) Two of the couples involve the same woman.
(c) They are all circus performers.
(d) They are children.
9. As the play opens, who is about to go to a convent?
10. As Pedro leaves the first scene, what does he tell the maid Callis to do?
(a) Take Hellena to the carnival.
(b) Take the night off.
(c) Lock Florinda in her room.
(d) Lock Hellena in her room.
11. In Angellica's bedchamber, what kind of "mask" is she showing Willmore?
(a) The mask of a warrior.
(b) The mask of a flirting maiden.
(c) The mask of a lover.
(d) The mask of a hard-hearted business woman.
12. Who saves Florinda from Willmore when he is attacking her in Act 3, Scene 5?
(a) Pedro and Antonio appear and pull him off her.
(b) Blunt and Frederic appear and pull him off her.
(c) Belvile and Frederic appear and pull him off her.
(d) Belvile and Phillippo appear and pull him off her.
13. What do Belvile and Frederic do as the action escalates in the garden?
(a) They attempt to defend Willmore.
(b) They run away.
(c) They get into a fight with the guards.
(d) They run after Florinda.
14. Why does Behn choose to have a male playwright to speak in the Prologue?
(a) To make a point about the costumes of male characters.
(b) Behn is a man.
(c) Behn is poking fun at woman.
(d) To make a point about the role of woman in society.
15. How do the men of the family treat Hellena and Florinda?
(a) Like slaves.
(b) Like precious princesses.
(c) Like spoiled brats.
(d) Like commodities to be owned and sold.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Blunt notice about Lucetta's home as he is led through it by Sancho in the second scene of Act 3?
2. Who is Frederic flirting with out on the street in front of Angellica's home?
3. Who is Ned Blunt infatuated with?
4. Where does Blunt end up after he leaves Lucetta's house?
5. What does Florinda do to test Belvile's love for her as they are standing around with Frederica and Valeria?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)