|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Just as Don Pedro appears at the carnival, what does Florinda give Belvile?
(a) A lock of her hair.
(b) A love letter.
(c) A locket.
(d) A lace handkerchief.
2. What kind of "mask" is Hellena showing to Willmore as she catches him coming out of Angellica's house?
(a) Hellena puts on a mask of a true lover as she pretends to be falling for him.
(b) Hellena puts on a mask of a nun as she pretends to be falling for him.
(c) Hellena puts on a mask of indifference as she pretends not to be falling for him.
(d) Hellena puts on a mask of hatred as she pretends not to be falling for him.
3. What does Willmore promise to give Angellica in the second act of The Rover?
(a) His time.
(b) His love.
(c) His sword.
(d) His money.
4. Why does Pedro challenge Don Antonio to a duel outside of Angellica's?
(a) To avenge for his father's death.
(b) Over who gets Angellica first.
(c) Over money Antonio owes him.
(d) To avenge Hellena's honor.
5. Who is Angellica's servant?
6. What does Blunt notice about Lucetta's home as he is led through it by Sancho in the second scene of Act 3?
(a) Her home is richly decorated.
(b) Her home seems amiss.
(c) Her home is very dirty.
(d) Her home is poorly decorated.
7. Why does Florinda run off after being rescued from Willmore?
(a) Florinda is frightened.
(b) Florinda sees Pedro coming.
(c) Florinda sees Hellena coming.
(d) Florinda goes to get help.
8. What is a "double entendre"?
(a) A deadly poison that can't be tasted.
(b) A word or phrase that when spoken, has a clear, simple meaning, but in context is understood as having a sexual meaning as well.
(c) A plot twist that the audience knows will happen, while the characters remain oblivious.
(d) A word or phrase that is code for "I love you."
9. What does Florinda think of falling in love at first sight?
(a) It is how she fell in love.
(b) It is romantic and sexy.
(c) It is foolish and impulsive.
(d) It is dangerous.
10. What do Lucetta, Sancho, and Phillippo do with Blunt's belongings?
(a) They sell them.
(b) They go through Blunt's clothes and jewelry, taking what's valuable.
(c) They take them to use as a disguise to escape.
(d) They burn them because he has nothing of value.
11. What are Frederic and Ned Blunt teasing Captain Belvile about in the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) How he is in love with Florinda.
(b) How he was banished from England
(c) How his uniform does not fit well.
(d) How he is in love with Hellena.
12. Who saves Florinda from Willmore when he is attacking her in Act 3, Scene 5?
(a) Pedro and Antonio appear and pull him off her.
(b) Blunt and Frederic appear and pull him off her.
(c) Belvile and Phillippo appear and pull him off her.
(d) Belvile and Frederic appear and pull him off her.
13. What does Florinda tell Belvile before she leaves the garden?
(a) To give a note to Hellena.
(b) To leave her alone.
(c) To come to her window.
(d) To wait for her signal.
14. What lie does Willmore tell Hellena when she approaches from the shadows in the first scene of Act 3?
(a) He has been with his friends all day.
(b) He has been out to sea.
(c) He has spent the whole day looking for her.
(d) He has been with Angellica.
15. What does Blunt try to take from Angellica's after the Englishmen chase off Antonio and his men?
(a) The small picture of Angellica.
(b) The large picture of Angellica.
(c) Angellica's money.
(d) Angellica's jewels.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why isn't Phillippo jealous of Lucetta flirting with Blunt?
2. The three couples in The Rover will struggle in what way?
3. Who is Ned Blunt infatuated with?
4. Who is Florinda waiting for in the beginning of Act 3, Scene 5?
5. As they are flirting with each other out on the street, how does Florinda reveal her true identity to Belvile?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)