|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Pedro react when he sees Willmore, Belvile, and Frederic in his garden?
(a) He calls his guards to attack the men.
(b) He punches Willmore in the face.
(c) He runs after Florinda.
(d) He draws his sword and fights Willmore.
2. Who does Hellena flirt with as they approach the carnival?
(a) Ned Blunt.
(b) Captain Willmore.
(d) Captain Belvile.
3. What in particular do Belvile, Willmore, and the others find objectionable about Antonio?
(a) His stinginess.
(b) His bad temper.
(c) His generosity.
(d) His lack of cooperation.
4. What does Blunt tell Lucetta as he prepares to get into bed with her?
(a) If Lucetta's rich old husband were dead, he would marry her.
(b) If Lucetta young handsome husband were dead, he would marry her.
(c) If Lucetta would consent, he would like to marry her.
(d) If Lucetta wouldn't mind, he likes the candle lit.
5. What does Hellena intend to find at the carnival?
(a) A lover.
(b) A special cake.
(c) A good bargain.
(d) A locket.
6. Who is Angellica's servant?
7. Which of the following is NOT an example of foreshadowing in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Blunt's comment about being robbed by prostitutes.
(b) Frederic's comment that he hopes Luceta will teach Blunt a lesson.
(c) Pedro's comment that Florinda will find true love.
(d) Belvile's calling Willmore the rover.
8. What does Willmore reveal in an aside to the audience in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) He is falling in love with Angellica.
(b) He believes Angellica is manipulating him.
(c) He believes Angellica love Antonio.
(d) He can't stop thinking about Hellena.
9. Willmore is willing to pay any price to be with Angellica because she is_______.
(a) "divinely powerful."
(b) "dangerously beautiful."
(c) "utterly alluring."
(d) "truly lovely."
10. What does Angellica reveal in an aside to the audience as Willmore attempts to seduce her?
(a) She despises Willmore.
(b) She intends to rob Willmore.
(c) She is truly in love with Antonio.
(d) Willmore's words are moving her.
11. The Rover is considered to be what kind of play?
(a) A Restoration Comedy.
(b) Sketch comedy.
(d) Situation comedy.
12. What lie does Willmore tell Hellena when she approaches from the shadows in the first scene of Act 3?
(a) He has been with his friends all day.
(b) He has been out to sea.
(c) He has spent the whole day looking for her.
(d) He has been with Angellica.
13. What are the women's attitudes toward the men in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) The women are in control.
(b) The women are at their mercy.
(c) The women are falling helplessly in love.
(d) The women are angry.
14. At the beginning of the play, who has been banished, penniless from his homeland?
(a) Don Pedro.
(b) Captain Belvile.
(c) Don Antonio.
(d) Don Vicentio.
15. Willmore tells Angellica that he disapproves of what as he banters with her in Act 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of "mask" does Willmore show Angellica in their first meeting?
2. What does Florinda tell Belvile before she leaves the garden?
3. Who is Frederic flirting with out on the street in front of Angellica's home?
4. Why do Lucetta, Sancho, and Phillippo feel safe from Blunt's retribution?
5. Why can't Willmore believe Angellica is being sincere in her offer to be with him without payment?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)