|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hellena decide to do to Willmore to make him pay for his attention of another woman?
(a) She is going to write him a love letter.
(b) She is going to play a trick on him.
(c) She is going to introduce him to her brother.
(d) She is going to buy him a present for their wedding day.
2. What does Hellena intend to find at the carnival?
(a) A special cake.
(b) A locket.
(c) A good bargain.
(d) A lover.
3. What does Florinda bring with her to the garden?
(a) A case of clothes.
(b) Everything she owns.
(c) A case of jewelry.
(d) A key to the gate.
4. What effect does tricking Blunt have on Phillippo?
(a) He becomes angry and beats Lucetta.
(b) He becomes aroused, and takes Lucetta to bed.
(c) He become greedy and looks for other victims.
(d) He becomes aroused, and takes Angellica to bed.
5. Why doesn' t Pedro know who the Englishmen were he fought off with his sword after the attack on Florinda?
(a) They were too drunk.
(b) They have never met.
(c) They were wearing masks.
(d) They ran away too quickly.
6. Which one of the following characters is NOT interested in marrying Florinda?
(a) Captain Belvile.
(b) Don Vicentio.
(c) Ned Blunt.
(d) Don Antonio.
7. How does Hellena intend to get into the carnival?
(a) By dressing to look like her sister.
(b) By wearing a disguise.
(c) By sneaking into a back gate.
(d) By paying double the entrance fee.
8. As the play opens, who is about to go to a convent?
9. Florinda is in love with which of the following characters?
(a) Don Vencentio.
(b) Ned Blunt.
(c) Don Antonio.
(d) Captain Belvile.
10. The Rover was first performed on stage in what year?
11. Who is Ned Blunt infatuated with?
12. What do the Englishmen decide to do to pass the time and bolster their spirits after all the women depart from the street in front of Angellica's?
(a) Go drinking.
(b) Go to the carnival.
(c) Go pick a fight.
(d) Go sailing.
13. Who is Frederic flirting with out on the street in front of Angellica's home?
(a) Frederic is flirting with Valeria.
(b) Frederic is flirting with Hellena.
(c) Frederic is flirting with Lucetta.
(d) Frederic is flirting with Florinda.
14. What does Willmore promise to give Angellica in the second act of The Rover?
(a) His money.
(b) His love.
(c) His sword.
(d) His time.
15. Why is the playwright speaking in the prologue as a man?
(a) The audience is always just men.
(b) The audience prefers a male playwright over a female.
(c) The audience is deaf.
(d) The play was written by a man.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Blunt, what kind of things could Lucetta teach the prostitutes of England?
2. What lie does Willmore tell Hellena when she approaches from the shadows in the first scene of Act 3?
3. Where does Blunt end up after he leaves Lucetta's house?
4. Why doesn't the playwright want to say anything to welcome the audience?
5. As he agrees to the duel, who does Don Antonio believe that the disguised Pedro really is?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)