|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Pedro challenge Don Antonio to a duel outside of Angellica's?
(a) To avenge Hellena's honor.
(b) Over who gets Angellica first.
(c) Over money Antonio owes him.
(d) To avenge for his father's death.
2. What does Blunt notice about Lucetta's home as he is led through it by Sancho in the second scene of Act 3?
(a) Her home seems amiss.
(b) Her home is poorly decorated.
(c) Her home is richly decorated.
(d) Her home is very dirty.
3. Who does Hellena flirt with as they approach the carnival?
(a) Ned Blunt.
(b) Captain Willmore.
(d) Captain Belvile.
4. What does Florinda think of falling in love at first sight?
(a) It is dangerous.
(b) It is how she fell in love.
(c) It is romantic and sexy.
(d) It is foolish and impulsive.
5. As he agrees to the duel, who does Don Antonio believe that the disguised Pedro really is?
6. What is unusual about the three couples at the center of the play?
(a) Two of the couples involve the same man.
(b) They are children.
(c) Two of the couples involve the same woman.
(d) They are all circus performers.
7. What does Blunt try to take from Angellica's after the Englishmen chase off Antonio and his men?
(a) The small picture of Angellica.
(b) Angellica's jewels.
(c) Angellica's money.
(d) The large picture of Angellica.
8. Which one of the following characters is NOT interested in marrying Florinda?
(a) Don Vicentio.
(b) Captain Belvile.
(c) Don Antonio.
(d) Ned Blunt.
9. How does Hellena intend to get into the carnival?
(a) By sneaking into a back gate.
(b) By dressing to look like her sister.
(c) By paying double the entrance fee.
(d) By wearing a disguise.
10. Where do Florinda and Belvile make arrangements to meet when they see each other at the carnival?
(a) The next morning at Belvile's house.
(b) The next morning at the garden gate.
(c) That night at her house.
(d) That night at the garden gate.
11. Why does Willmore offer to join forces and finances with the other merchants of the town?
(a) To go to the carnival.
(b) To destroy Don Antonio.
(c) To start a war.
(d) To afford to be with Angellica.
12. Why doesn' t Pedro know who the Englishmen were he fought off with his sword after the attack on Florinda?
(a) They were wearing masks.
(b) They ran away too quickly.
(c) They were too drunk.
(d) They have never met.
13. Who saves Florinda from Willmore when he is attacking her in Act 3, Scene 5?
(a) Pedro and Antonio appear and pull him off her.
(b) Blunt and Frederic appear and pull him off her.
(c) Belvile and Frederic appear and pull him off her.
(d) Belvile and Phillippo appear and pull him off her.
14. What does Willmore reveal in an aside to the audience in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) He is falling in love with Angellica.
(b) He can't stop thinking about Hellena.
(c) He believes Angellica is manipulating him.
(d) He believes Angellica love Antonio.
15. Willmore is willing to pay any price to be with Angellica because she is_______.
(a) "truly lovely."
(b) "divinely powerful."
(c) "utterly alluring."
(d) "dangerously beautiful."
Short Answer Questions
1. What effect does tricking Blunt have on Phillippo?
2. What does Hellena make Willmore promise after she catches him coming out of Angellica's house?
3. What does Blunt dread the most about his unfortunate incident with Lucetta and her accomplices?
4. According to the playwright, the audience comes to see The Rover for what reason?
5. What does Hellena decide to do to Willmore to make him pay for his attention of another woman?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)