|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Willmore wear his mask to the carnival?
(a) He is afraid Angellica won't reconize him.
(b) He is afraid Hellena won't recognize him.
(c) He is very vain.
(d) He wants his enemies to recognize him.
2. What does Willmore reveal in an aside to the audience in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) He believes Angellica is manipulating him.
(b) He believes Angellica love Antonio.
(c) He can't stop thinking about Hellena.
(d) He is falling in love with Angellica.
3. What does Blunt dread the most about his unfortunate incident with Lucetta and her accomplices?
(a) He dreads his friends finding out.
(b) He dreads losing Lucetta.
(c) He dreads being hungry and poor.
(d) He dreads having no money.
4. Why does Willmore offer to join forces and finances with the other merchants of the town?
(a) To destroy Don Antonio.
(b) To start a war.
(c) To afford to be with Angellica.
(d) To go to the carnival.
5. As he agrees to the duel, who does Don Antonio believe that the disguised Pedro really is?
6. What does Blunt try to take from Angellica's after the Englishmen chase off Antonio and his men?
(a) Angellica's money.
(b) The small picture of Angellica.
(c) Angellica's jewels.
(d) The large picture of Angellica.
7. Which one of the following characters is NOT interested in marrying Florinda?
(a) Ned Blunt.
(b) Don Vicentio.
(c) Don Antonio.
(d) Captain Belvile.
8. As Pedro leaves the first scene, what does he tell the maid Callis to do?
(a) Take Hellena to the carnival.
(b) Lock Florinda in her room.
(c) Lock Hellena in her room.
(d) Take the night off.
9. What does Moretta think of Willmore as he tries to seduce Angellica?
(a) He is poor and Angellica should not be involved with him.
(b) He is rich and Angellica should treat him well.
(c) He is worthy of Angellica's affection.
(d) He is going to rob them and kill them.
10. Which suitor does Florinda's brother Pedro hope she will marry?
(a) Don Vicentio.
(b) Don Antonio.
(c) Ned Blunt.
(d) Captain Belvile.
11. What do Belvile and Frederic do as the action escalates in the garden?
(a) They run after Florinda.
(b) They get into a fight with the guards.
(c) They attempt to defend Willmore.
(d) They run away.
12. What do the Englishmen decide to do to pass the time and bolster their spirits after all the women depart from the street in front of Angellica's?
(a) Go to the carnival.
(b) Go sailing.
(c) Go drinking.
(d) Go pick a fight.
13. Who is Frederic flirting with out on the street in front of Angellica's home?
(a) Frederic is flirting with Florinda.
(b) Frederic is flirting with Valeria.
(c) Frederic is flirting with Lucetta.
(d) Frederic is flirting with Hellena.
14. What effect does tricking Blunt have on Phillippo?
(a) He becomes aroused, and takes Angellica to bed.
(b) He become greedy and looks for other victims.
(c) He becomes angry and beats Lucetta.
(d) He becomes aroused, and takes Lucetta to bed.
15. What are Frederic and Ned Blunt teasing Captain Belvile about in the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) How he was banished from England
(b) How he is in love with Hellena.
(c) How he is in love with Florinda.
(d) How his uniform does not fit well.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the men of the family treat Hellena and Florinda?
2. Where does Blunt end up after he leaves Lucetta's house?
3. Why does Angellica think Willmore is dishonorable?
4. As they are flirting with each other out on the street, how does Florinda reveal her true identity to Belvile?
5. What lie does Willmore tell Hellena when she approaches from the shadows in the first scene of Act 3?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)