Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Frederic flirting with out on the street in front of Angellica's home?
(a) Frederic is flirting with Florinda.
(b) Frederic is flirting with Valeria.
(c) Frederic is flirting with Hellena.
(d) Frederic is flirting with Lucetta.
2. Why does Angellica think Willmore is dishonorable?
(a) He has stolen from Moretta.
(b) She believes he uses women for his own pleasure.
(c) She believes he wants to marry for money.
(d) He won't fight for her.
3. What is the typical role of a woman at the time the play was written?
(a) To travel in singing troupes.
(b) To sell their bodies.
(c) To run the local government only.
(d) To be seen and not heard.
4. In Angellica's bedchamber, what kind of "mask" is she showing Willmore?
(a) The mask of a lover.
(b) The mask of a warrior.
(c) The mask of a flirting maiden.
(d) The mask of a hard-hearted business woman.
5. Which of the following is NOT an example of foreshadowing in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Belvile's calling Willmore the rover.
(b) Blunt's comment about being robbed by prostitutes.
(c) Frederic's comment that he hopes Luceta will teach Blunt a lesson.
(d) Pedro's comment that Florinda will find true love.
6. What does Florinda intend to do at the carnival?
(a) Run away.
(b) Give a note to Captain Belvile.
(c) Dance all night.
(d) Kiss her future husband.
7. After stepping out of sight of the approaching Englishmen in the beginning of Act 3, what does Hellena overhear Willmore telling his friends?
(a) He professes his love for the gypsy girl.
(b) He brags happily about good a time he had with Angellica.
(c) He professes his love for Angellica.
(d) He brags loudly about his many conquests.
8. What does Willmore promise to give Angellica in the second act of The Rover?
(a) His love.
(b) His money.
(c) His time.
(d) His sword.
9. Which suitor does Florinda's father hope she will marry?
(a) Don Antonio.
(b) Captain Belvile.
(c) Ned Blunt.
(d) Don Vicentio.
10. Florinda is in love with which of the following characters?
(a) Don Vencentio.
(b) Ned Blunt.
(c) Don Antonio.
(d) Captain Belvile.
11. According to Blunt, what kind of things could Lucetta teach the prostitutes of England?
(a) A lesson in generosity .
(b) A lesson in love.
(c) A love song about France.
(d) A song about Italy.
12. What in particular do Belvile, Willmore, and the others find objectionable about Antonio?
(a) His generosity.
(b) His bad temper.
(c) His lack of cooperation.
(d) His stinginess.
13. Which of the following is NOT one of the things Willmore tells Florinda before he realizes who she is in the garden?
(a) How attractive she is.
(b) How honest he is.
(c) That he is looking for a girl to marry.
(d) That it doesn't matter that he doesn't know her name.
14. The Rover was first performed on stage in what year?
15. Willmore urges Angellica to be governed by her love not ___________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Pedro challenge Don Antonio to a duel outside of Angellica's?
2. The Rover contrasts what two things?
3. What does Florinda tell Belvile before she leaves the garden?
4. Willmore is willing to pay any price to be with Angellica because she is_______.
5. What are the women's attitudes toward the men in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)