|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Angellica overhear Willmore telling Hellena as she comes onto the scene with her servant?
(a) Willmore professing that he is not capable of love.
(b) Willmore professing that he loves only Angellica.
(c) Willmore professing that he loves only Florinda.
(d) Willmore professing that he loves only Hellena.
2. The three couples in The Rover will struggle in what way?
(a) To live well beyond their means.
(b) To live the way they want instead of what society wants.
(c) To have children.
(d) To move to America.
3. Willmore tells Angellica that he disapproves of what as he banters with her in Act 2?
4. What are the women's attitudes toward the men in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) The women are at their mercy.
(b) The women are angry.
(c) The women are in control.
(d) The women are falling helplessly in love.
5. How does Pedro react when he sees Willmore, Belvile, and Frederic in his garden?
(a) He runs after Florinda.
(b) He punches Willmore in the face.
(c) He draws his sword and fights Willmore.
(d) He calls his guards to attack the men.
6. What does Frederic tell Willmore is very dangerous as he goes into Angellica's house for the first time?
(a) To pay a courtesan money.
(b) To anger Blunt.
(c) To anger Antonio.
(d) To be with an angry courtesan.
7. What does Blunt try to take from Angellica's after the Englishmen chase off Antonio and his men?
(a) The large picture of Angellica.
(b) The small picture of Angellica.
(c) Angellica's jewels.
(d) Angellica's money.
8. As he agrees to the duel, who does Don Antonio believe that the disguised Pedro really is?
9. What state is Willmore in when he sees Florinda waiting for Belvile in the garden?
(a) Willmore comes in ready to fight Pedro for Florinda.
(b) Willmore comes in very heartbroken.
(c) Willmore comes in very distraught with an urgent message.
(d) Willmore comes in very drunk.
10. Who is Frederic flirting with out on the street in front of Angellica's home?
(a) Frederic is flirting with Hellena.
(b) Frederic is flirting with Florinda.
(c) Frederic is flirting with Lucetta.
(d) Frederic is flirting with Valeria.
11. What does Florinda intend to do at the carnival?
(a) Kiss her future husband.
(b) Run away.
(c) Dance all night.
(d) Give a note to Captain Belvile.
12. Who is Angellica's servant?
13. What does Florinda bring with her to the garden?
(a) Everything she owns.
(b) A case of clothes.
(c) A key to the gate.
(d) A case of jewelry.
14. Why does Florinda run off after being rescued from Willmore?
(a) Florinda is frightened.
(b) Florinda sees Hellena coming.
(c) Florinda goes to get help.
(d) Florinda sees Pedro coming.
15. At the beginning of the play, who has been banished, penniless from his homeland?
(a) Don Pedro.
(b) Captain Belvile.
(c) Don Antonio.
(d) Don Vicentio.
Short Answer Questions
1. What comment does Pedro make as his servant tells him that Florinda is safe after the attack in the garden?
2. What thought consoles Blunt after his bad experience with Lucetta?
3. Willmore is willing to pay any price to be with Angellica because she is_______.
4. As Blunt walks away from the carnival to follow Lucetta, what do his friends comment about him?
5. What lie does Willmore tell Hellena when she approaches from the shadows in the first scene of Act 3?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)