|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Rover contrasts what two things?
(a) How the characters act versus others' acting ability.
(b) Good versus evil.
(c) What the characters say versus how they actually feel.
(d) The Montagues and the Capulets
2. Even though she is angry with Willmore, what does Hellena realize about him as he tries to explain where he has been?
(a) Hellena confesses she can't be angry with him because she does not care about him.
(b) Hellena confesses she can't be angry with him because he is obviously telling the truth.
(c) Hellena confesses she can't be angry with him because he lies so flatteringly.
(d) Hellena confesses she can't be angry with him because he is so handsome.
3. The Rover was first performed on stage in what year?
4. What does Angellica give to Willmore after Antonio and his men depart her house?
(a) A special ring.
(b) The large picture of herself.
(c) The small picture of herself.
(d) A lock of her hair.
5. What does Florinda intend to do at the carnival?
(a) Run away.
(b) Give a note to Captain Belvile.
(c) Dance all night.
(d) Kiss her future husband.
6. What does Hellena make Willmore promise after she catches him coming out of Angellica's house?
(a) Hellena says she will never see him again unless he refuses to pay her brother money.
(b) Hellena says she will never see him again unless he refuses to see Angellica
(c) Hellena says she will never see him again unless he marries her.
(d) Hellena says she will never see him again unless he refuses to see Lucetta.
7. What state is Willmore in when he sees Florinda waiting for Belvile in the garden?
(a) Willmore comes in ready to fight Pedro for Florinda.
(b) Willmore comes in very heartbroken.
(c) Willmore comes in very drunk.
(d) Willmore comes in very distraught with an urgent message.
8. What effect does tricking Blunt have on Phillippo?
(a) He become greedy and looks for other victims.
(b) He becomes angry and beats Lucetta.
(c) He becomes aroused, and takes Lucetta to bed.
(d) He becomes aroused, and takes Angellica to bed.
9. Willmore urges Angellica to be governed by her love not ___________.
10. Willmore tells Angellica that he disapproves of what as he banters with her in Act 2?
11. How does Hellena intend to get into the carnival?
(a) By wearing a disguise.
(b) By paying double the entrance fee.
(c) By dressing to look like her sister.
(d) By sneaking into a back gate.
12. Why is Willmore angry as he enters the garden and sees Florinda waiting for Belvile?
(a) He is angry with Hellena and Belvile for leaving him alone.
(b) He is angry with Belvile and Frederic for letting him drink too much.
(c) He is angry with Belvile and Frederic for leaving him alone.
(d) He is angry with Belvile and Blunt for leaving him alone.
13. What does Angellica reveal in an aside to the audience as Willmore attempts to seduce her?
(a) She despises Willmore.
(b) She is truly in love with Antonio.
(c) She intends to rob Willmore.
(d) Willmore's words are moving her.
14. In Angellica's bedchamber, what kind of "mask" is she showing Willmore?
(a) The mask of a flirting maiden.
(b) The mask of a lover.
(c) The mask of a hard-hearted business woman.
(d) The mask of a warrior.
15. What do the Englishmen decide to do to pass the time and bolster their spirits after all the women depart from the street in front of Angellica's?
(a) Go drinking.
(b) Go sailing.
(c) Go pick a fight.
(d) Go to the carnival.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pedro react when he sees Willmore, Belvile, and Frederic in his garden?
2. Who is Angellica's servant?
3. What little thing do Willmore and Antonio duel over in Act 2?
4. Why doesn' t Pedro know who the Englishmen were he fought off with his sword after the attack on Florinda?
5. What kind of "mask" does Willmore show Angellica in their first meeting?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)