|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Rover contrasts what two things?
(a) What the characters say versus how they actually feel.
(b) The Montagues and the Capulets
(c) Good versus evil.
(d) How the characters act versus others' acting ability.
2. What does Blunt dread the most about his unfortunate incident with Lucetta and her accomplices?
(a) He dreads being hungry and poor.
(b) He dreads having no money.
(c) He dreads his friends finding out.
(d) He dreads losing Lucetta.
3. What kind of costumes are Hellena and Florinda wearing to the carnival?
(a) Gypsy costumes.
(b) Circus acrobat costumes.
(c) Courtesan costumes.
(d) Princess costumes.
4. Why does Pedro challenge Don Antonio to a duel outside of Angellica's?
(a) Over money Antonio owes him.
(b) Over who gets Angellica first.
(c) To avenge for his father's death.
(d) To avenge Hellena's honor.
5. What is the typical role of a woman at the time the play was written?
(a) To sell their bodies.
(b) To be seen and not heard.
(c) To travel in singing troupes.
(d) To run the local government only.
6. What does Hellena decide to do to Willmore to make him pay for his attention of another woman?
(a) She is going to introduce him to her brother.
(b) She is going to write him a love letter.
(c) She is going to play a trick on him.
(d) She is going to buy him a present for their wedding day.
7. Where does Blunt end up after he leaves Lucetta's house?
(a) Naked in the ocean.
(b) Naked, roaming the streets lost.
(c) Naked in the sewer.
(d) Naked in the woods.
8. Willmore urges Angellica to be governed by her love not ___________.
9. Angellica allows which man to come inside her house without charge, something she rarely does?
10. As Pedro leaves the first scene, what does he tell the maid Callis to do?
(a) Take the night off.
(b) Lock Hellena in her room.
(c) Lock Florinda in her room.
(d) Take Hellena to the carnival.
11. The Rover is considered to be what kind of play?
(b) A Restoration Comedy.
(c) Sketch comedy.
(d) Situation comedy.
12. Willmore tells Angellica that he disapproves of what as he banters with her in Act 2?
13. What state is Willmore in when he sees Florinda waiting for Belvile in the garden?
(a) Willmore comes in ready to fight Pedro for Florinda.
(b) Willmore comes in very drunk.
(c) Willmore comes in very heartbroken.
(d) Willmore comes in very distraught with an urgent message.
14. Who is Angellica's servant?
15. What effect does tricking Blunt have on Phillippo?
(a) He becomes aroused, and takes Angellica to bed.
(b) He become greedy and looks for other victims.
(c) He becomes aroused, and takes Lucetta to bed.
(d) He becomes angry and beats Lucetta.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Belvile and Frederic do as the action escalates in the garden?
2. Who is Florinda waiting for in the beginning of Act 3, Scene 5?
3. Even though she is angry with Willmore, what does Hellena realize about him as he tries to explain where he has been?
4. Which suitor does Florinda's father hope she will marry?
5. According to Blunt, what kind of things could Lucetta teach the prostitutes of England?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)