Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Lucetta, Sancho, and Phillippo do with Blunt's belongings?
(a) They sell them.
(b) They burn them because he has nothing of value.
(c) They take them to use as a disguise to escape.
(d) They go through Blunt's clothes and jewelry, taking what's valuable.
2. What happens to Blunt after he gets into bed with Lucetta?
(a) He passes out from drinking too much.
(b) He falls out of the bed and bumps his head.
(c) He has a heart attack.
(d) He falls through a trap in the bottom of the bed and disappears.
3. As Pedro leaves the first scene, what does he tell the maid Callis to do?
(a) Lock Hellena in her room.
(b) Take Hellena to the carnival.
(c) Lock Florinda in her room.
(d) Take the night off.
4. Which one of the following characters is NOT interested in marrying Florinda?
(a) Ned Blunt.
(b) Captain Belvile.
(c) Don Antonio.
(d) Don Vicentio.
5. The Rover was first performed on stage in what year?
6. Just as Don Pedro appears at the carnival, what does Florinda give Belvile?
(a) A lock of her hair.
(b) A love letter.
(c) A locket.
(d) A lace handkerchief.
7. What does Angellica give to Willmore after Antonio and his men depart her house?
(a) A lock of her hair.
(b) The small picture of herself.
(c) A special ring.
(d) The large picture of herself.
8. What is unusual about the three couples at the center of the play?
(a) They are all circus performers.
(b) They are children.
(c) Two of the couples involve the same man.
(d) Two of the couples involve the same woman.
9. As Blunt walks away from the carnival to follow Lucetta, what do his friends comment about him?
(a) He has no money with him.
(b) He is a great guy.
(c) He has all their money.
(d) He was a war hero.
10. As they are flirting with each other out on the street, how does Florinda reveal her true identity to Belvile?
(a) Florinda gives Belvile a good kick and then leaves.
(b) Florinda gives Belvile a picture of herself and then leaves.
(c) Florinda gives Belvile a kiss and then leaves.
(d) Florinda gives Belvile back the ring he gave her.
11. What is the important symbol that appears as the characters head to the carnival?
(a) The secret note.
(b) The mask.
(c) The rover.
(d) The rose.
12. What kind of "mask" is Hellena showing to Willmore as she catches him coming out of Angellica's house?
(a) Hellena puts on a mask of a true lover as she pretends to be falling for him.
(b) Hellena puts on a mask of indifference as she pretends not to be falling for him.
(c) Hellena puts on a mask of a nun as she pretends to be falling for him.
(d) Hellena puts on a mask of hatred as she pretends not to be falling for him.
13. What does Florinda bring with her to the garden?
(a) Everything she owns.
(b) A case of clothes.
(c) A case of jewelry.
(d) A key to the gate.
14. After he realizes he's been fooled, who besides Lucetta is Blunt angry with?
15. Why isn't Phillippo jealous of Lucetta flirting with Blunt?
(a) Phillippo doesn't care about Lucetta.
(b) Although Blunt has money, he is very ugly.
(c) Phillippo knows he will kill Blunt anyway.
(d) Although Blunt has money, he is a complete fool.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Willmore angry as he enters the garden and sees Florinda waiting for Belvile?
2. How does Pedro react when he sees Willmore, Belvile, and Frederic in his garden?
3. Why does Willmore offer to join forces and finances with the other merchants of the town?
4. Willmore tells Angellica that he disapproves of what as he banters with her in Act 2?
5. Willmore is willing to pay any price to be with Angellica because she is_______.
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)