Short Answer Questions Key
1. The Rover was first performed on stage in what year?
2. What was unusual about the author of this play?
The author was a woman.
3. The Rover is considered to be what kind of play?
A Restoration Comedy.
4. The Rover contrasts what two things?
What the characters say versus how they actually feel.
5. According to the playwright, the audience comes to see The Rover for what reason?
The witty comments they will be able to make after the play.
6. Why is the playwright speaking in the prologue as a man?
The audience prefers a male playwright over a female.
This section contains 6,140 words
(approx. 21 pages at 300 words per page)