|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hellena intend to get into the carnival?
(a) By paying double the entrance fee.
(b) By sneaking into a back gate.
(c) By wearing a disguise.
(d) By dressing to look like her sister.
2. What does Blunt dread the most about his unfortunate incident with Lucetta and her accomplices?
(a) He dreads losing Lucetta.
(b) He dreads being hungry and poor.
(c) He dreads having no money.
(d) He dreads his friends finding out.
3. What do the Englishmen decide to do to pass the time and bolster their spirits after all the women depart from the street in front of Angellica's?
(a) Go to the carnival.
(b) Go drinking.
(c) Go pick a fight.
(d) Go sailing.
4. Even though she is angry with Willmore, what does Hellena realize about him as he tries to explain where he has been?
(a) Hellena confesses she can't be angry with him because he is so handsome.
(b) Hellena confesses she can't be angry with him because he is obviously telling the truth.
(c) Hellena confesses she can't be angry with him because she does not care about him.
(d) Hellena confesses she can't be angry with him because he lies so flatteringly.
5. The Rover was first performed on stage in what year?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the typical role of a woman at the time the play was written?
2. Why doesn't the playwright want to say anything to welcome the audience?
3. What are Frederic and Ned Blunt teasing Captain Belvile about in the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
4. Why does Florinda run off after being rescued from Willmore?
5. At the beginning of the play, who has been banished, penniless from his homeland?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)