|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Pedro leaves the first scene, what does he tell the maid Callis to do?
(a) Take Hellena to the carnival.
(b) Take the night off.
(c) Lock Florinda in her room.
(d) Lock Hellena in her room.
2. Angellica allows which man to come inside her house without charge, something she rarely does?
3. What is unusual about the three couples at the center of the play?
(a) They are all circus performers.
(b) Two of the couples involve the same woman.
(c) They are children.
(d) Two of the couples involve the same man.
4. What is the typical role of a woman at the time the play was written?
(a) To travel in singing troupes.
(b) To run the local government only.
(c) To be seen and not heard.
(d) To sell their bodies.
5. What are Frederic and Ned Blunt teasing Captain Belvile about in the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) How his uniform does not fit well.
(b) How he is in love with Hellena.
(c) How he was banished from England
(d) How he is in love with Florinda.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Frederic flirting with out on the street in front of Angellica's home?
2. Which one of the following characters is NOT interested in marrying Florinda?
3. Who is Ned Blunt infatuated with?
4. Who is Angellica's servant?
5. Who saves Florinda from Willmore when he is attacking her in Act 3, Scene 5?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)