|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which suitor does Florinda's brother Pedro hope she will marry?
(a) Captain Belvile.
(b) Don Antonio.
(c) Ned Blunt.
(d) Don Vicentio.
2. Just as Don Pedro appears at the carnival, what does Florinda give Belvile?
(a) A lace handkerchief.
(b) A locket.
(c) A lock of her hair.
(d) A love letter.
3. In teasing his friend as they go to the carnival, Captain Belvile refers to Willmore as what?
(a) The casanova.
(b) The sailor.
(c) The rover.
(d) The captain.
4. Why can't Willmore believe Angellica is being sincere in her offer to be with him without payment?
(a) He loves her too much.
(b) He has been cheated too many times.
(c) He has heard her lies before.
(d) She is a known liar.
5. What does Willmore reveal in an aside to the audience in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) He believes Angellica love Antonio.
(b) He is falling in love with Angellica.
(c) He believes Angellica is manipulating him.
(d) He can't stop thinking about Hellena.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Blunt tell Lucetta as he prepares to get into bed with her?
2. Why does Behn choose to have a male playwright to speak in the Prologue?
3. What does Blunt notice about Lucetta's home as he is led through it by Sancho in the second scene of Act 3?
4. Why doesn't Willmore wear his mask to the carnival?
5. What kind of costumes are Hellena and Florinda wearing to the carnival?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)