|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of costumes are Hellena and Florinda wearing to the carnival?
(a) Courtesan costumes.
(b) Circus acrobat costumes.
(c) Princess costumes.
(d) Gypsy costumes.
2. What are the women's attitudes toward the men in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) The women are falling helplessly in love.
(b) The women are at their mercy.
(c) The women are angry.
(d) The women are in control.
3. What does Hellena intend to find at the carnival?
(a) A special cake.
(b) A good bargain.
(c) A lover.
(d) A locket.
4. How do the men of the family treat Hellena and Florinda?
(a) Like precious princesses.
(b) Like commodities to be owned and sold.
(c) Like spoiled brats.
(d) Like slaves.
5. What does Florinda intend to do at the carnival?
(a) Dance all night.
(b) Kiss her future husband.
(c) Give a note to Captain Belvile.
(d) Run away.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hellena intend to get into the carnival?
2. What is the typical role of a woman at the time the play was written?
3. As Blunt walks away from the carnival to follow Lucetta, what do his friends comment about him?
4. Which one of the following characters is NOT interested in marrying Florinda?
5. The Rover contrasts what two things?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)