|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Pedro leaves the first scene, what does he tell the maid Callis to do?
(a) Take the night off.
(b) Lock Florinda in her room.
(c) Take Hellena to the carnival.
(d) Lock Hellena in her room.
2. What is unusual about the three couples at the center of the play?
(a) Two of the couples involve the same woman.
(b) They are children.
(c) They are all circus performers.
(d) Two of the couples involve the same man.
3. Why doesn't the playwright want to say anything to welcome the audience?
(a) He says they should all go home.
(b) He says the play is bad.
(c) He says it doesn't matter.
(d) He says the audience didn't pay to get in.
4. Why is the playwright speaking in the prologue as a man?
(a) The audience prefers a male playwright over a female.
(b) The audience is deaf.
(c) The play was written by a man.
(d) The audience is always just men.
5. At the beginning of the play, who has been banished, penniless from his homeland?
(a) Don Vicentio.
(b) Don Antonio.
(c) Don Pedro.
(d) Captain Belvile.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Behn choose to have a male playwright to speak in the Prologue?
2. The Rover contrasts what two things?
3. Many of the characters behave according to what standard?
4. What does Florinda intend to do at the carnival?
5. As Blunt walks away from the carnival to follow Lucetta, what do his friends comment about him?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)