|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Rover was first performed on stage in what year?
2. What is the typical role of a woman at the time the play was written?
(a) To sell their bodies.
(b) To be seen and not heard.
(c) To run the local government only.
(d) To travel in singing troupes.
3. Which one of the following characters is NOT interested in marrying Florinda?
(a) Captain Belvile.
(b) Ned Blunt.
(c) Don Vicentio.
(d) Don Antonio.
4. What does Florinda intend to do at the carnival?
(a) Run away.
(b) Kiss her future husband.
(c) Dance all night.
(d) Give a note to Captain Belvile.
5. How do the men of the family treat Hellena and Florinda?
(a) Like precious princesses.
(b) Like spoiled brats.
(c) Like commodities to be owned and sold.
(d) Like slaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was unusual about the author of this play?
2. What is the general attitude of men toward women in the scene at the beginning of the carnival?
3. What are Frederic and Ned Blunt teasing Captain Belvile about in the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What does Hellena intend to find at the carnival?
5. What is unusual about the three couples at the center of the play?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)