|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why isn't Antonio able to fight in the previously arranged duel between himself and Pedro?
(a) Because he is afraid of Pedro.
(b) Because he doesn't really care about Angellica.
(c) Because of the injury he suffered.
(d) Because he is against fighitng.
2. What in particular do Belvile, Willmore, and the others find objectionable about Antonio?
(a) His generosity.
(b) His stinginess.
(c) His lack of cooperation.
(d) His bad temper.
3. What does the audience know about the duel between Antonio and Pedro that Belvile doesn't know?
(a) That Florinda wants to marry him.
(b) That Antonio is tricking him.
(c) That the duel is with Pedro.
(d) That Willmore is a rogue.
4. What does Florinda intend to do at the carnival?
(a) Dance all night.
(b) Run away.
(c) Give a note to Captain Belvile.
(d) Kiss her future husband.
5. What comment does Pedro make as his servant tells him that Florinda is safe after the attack in the garden?
(a) Masquerading is a great custom, leading to interesting encounters.
(b) Masquerading is a disgusting custom, leading to debauchery.
(c) He will get his final revenge on these men.
(d) Drinking and fighting are disgusting habits, leading to debauchery.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Belvile taking a chance of ruining his happiness with Florinda?
2. Where is Antonio's duel with Pedro to take place?
3. What do Belvile and Frederic do as the action escalates in the garden?
4. Which suitor does Florinda's brother Pedro hope she will marry?
5. Florinda is in love with which of the following characters?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)