Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Assunta say her powder will do to Serafina's husband?
2. What does Serafina want someone to take away from Rosa?
3. What does Estelle want made?
4. Who is Rosario making his last run for that night?
5. What part of her body does Serafina clutch?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Serafina tell Rosa not to look at Strega?
2. What mistake does Alvaro make when protesting against being a flirt?
3. How does Serafina react when the group enters the house?
4. Why does Serafina have to go outside for some air?
5. What is Assunta's occupation?
6. What does Rosa say Jack told her about dancing on the dance floor?
7. Why does Jack say Rosa needs to forget about him?
8. Who is waiting outside Serafina's house?
9. What sound comes from the back of the cottage?
10. What do Bessie and Flora talk about that upsets Serafina?
Examine the play's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the 1950s? How does the author express these concerns?
2. How would the author change the play if it was set in today's society?
Asde from the main character examine the way the author uses the other characters in the play. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Pick two characters from the play and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters' goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)