|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Peppina hear calling to her from inside the house?
2. What does Serafina say her husband had a body like?
3. How does Serafina think her daughter has hurt herself?
4. Why do the women decide against calling the police?
5. What is Serafina wearing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Serafina say is the truth about Alvaro?
2. Why is Serafina pleased Rosario is quitting his job?
3. How does the audience immediately understand that the owner of the house is a dressmaker?
4. What does Flora tell Serafina about Rosario?
5. What is the story that Peppina tells about Rosa?
6. What does Rosa say Jack told her about dancing on the dance floor?
7. How does Serafina arrange for Alvaro to sleep at her house without the neighbors knowing?
8. How did Rosa meet Jack?
9. How does Serafina react when Alvaro tell her that he loves her?
10. How does Miss Yorke's appearance enrage the women?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
Look at the generation gap between younger and the older characters. What different experiences did both generations go through? What problems is the generation gap causing the characters? Is generational gap expressed in THE ROSE TATTOO particularly wide during this time or is a wide generational gap common to all ages?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and examine what it expresses about mid 20th century society.
1. The Catholic Church.
2. Teenage years.
3. Sicilian culture.
This section contains 1,271 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)