|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Yorke ask for?
2. What does Rosa say she is ashamed of?
3. What two cities is the play's setting located between?
4. What does Rose have tied around her wrist?
5. What does the sign in the window say?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Serafina react when the group enters the house?
2. Why does Rosa break open the piggy bank?
3. How did Rosario die?
4. How did Serafina know she had conceived?
5. How does Assunta comfort Serafina?
6. Who is waiting outside Serafina's house?
7. How does Serafina arrange for Alvaro to sleep at her house without the neighbors knowing?
8. What does the doctor tell Father de Leo about Serafina?
9. What is the story that Peppina tells about Rosa?
10. Why is Rosa so sad?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how Rosario's death affected one of the following areas in Serafina's life.
2. Social life.
3. Intimate relationships.
Essay Topic 3
Compare Serafina's character to the person she is at the beginning of the play to the person she is at the end.
1. What did Serafina hope to achieve at the beginning of the play?
2. What events changes Serafina's ideas about life?
3. How has Serafina's character changed by the end of the play?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)