|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who pulled Rose away from the window?
2. What type of material is Serafina holding?
3. Why does Father de Leo not want Rosario's body to be cremated?
4. What part of her body does Serafina clutch?
5. What does Serafina shout at the women?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Serafina say she is not jealous of Bessie and Flora?
2. What is Serafina doing inside the house?
3. Why is Alvaro angry with the salesman?
4. What does Serafina say is the truth about Alvaro?
5. How does Serafina react when Alvaro tell her that he loves her?
6. How do the women react to Estelle's appearance?
7. What lesson does Serafina say Alvaro should learn?
8. Describe Serafina's appearance in this scene.
9. How does Assunta comfort Serafina?
10. Why does Serafina tell Rosa not to look at Strega?
Essay Topic 1
Why is the community so important? How can the community can help Serafina recover from her husband's death? Could Serafina recover from her husband's death if she did not have so many friends around her?
Essay Topic 2
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the play's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas?
This section contains 1,191 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)