Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Assunta say her powder will do to Serafina's husband?
2. What does Serafina want someone to take away from Rosa?
3. What does Estelle want made?
4. Who is Rosario making his last run for that night?
5. What part of her body does Serafina clutch?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Serafina tell Rosa not to look at Strega?
2. What mistake does Alvaro make when protesting against being a flirt?
3. How does Serafina react when the group enters the house?
4. Why does Serafina have to go outside for some air?
5. What is Assunta's occupation?
6. What does Rosa say Jack told her about dancing on the dance floor?
7. Why does Jack say Rosa needs to forget about him?
8. Who is waiting outside Serafina's house?
9. What sound comes from the back of the cottage?
10. What do Bessie and Flora talk about that upsets Serafina?
Essay Topic 1
THE ROSE TATTOO is a play. What are the differences between a film and a play in terms of the following?
Essay Topic 2
What are the conventions of a play in terms of character, language and plot? In what way did THE ROSE TATTOO help to set the template for similar plays? Do modern plays still use the ideas the author used in THE ROSE TATTOO?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Rosario's death affected one of the following areas in Serafina's life.
2. Social life.
3. Intimate relationships.
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)