|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the priest?
2. What of the following words best describes Serafina?
3. What kind of entertainers are Flora and Bessie?
4. What does Estelle want made?
5. Who does Serafina blame for her recent trouble with her daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Serafina try to tidy her mother up?
2. How does the doctor want Assunta to help Serafina?
3. Why is Serafina frustrated at the beginning of this scene?
4. Why does Rosa say her mother is moaning?
5. Why did Alvaro's wedding never take place?
6. What does Alvaro foretell will happen to Serafina?
7. Why does Jack want to take Rosa's handkerchief back to his ship?
8. What does Serafina say is the truth about Alvaro?
9. What does Serafina make Jack do?
10. Why does Father de Leo think Serafina has gone off the deep end?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Serafina's character to the person she is at the beginning of the play to the person she is at the end.
1. What did Serafina hope to achieve at the beginning of the play?
2. What events changes Serafina's ideas about life?
3. How has Serafina's character changed by the end of the play?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the book's reception in three different countries including the country the book was written. How do their opinions about the books differ? Was the book more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the play and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)