|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the cottage wallpaper?
2. Who did Peppina hear calling to her from inside the house?
3. What needs to be repaired?
4. Who pulled Rose away from the window?
5. What is Miss Yorke's job?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the women react to Estelle's appearance?
2. Why does Rosa break open the piggy bank?
3. Why does Serafina run out of her house screaming?
4. Why does Rosa say her mother is moaning?
5. How does Miss Yorke's appearance enrage the women?
6. How does the doctor want Assunta to help Serafina?
7. Describe Alvaro.
8. What does Flora tell Serafina about Rosario?
9. Why does Father de Leo say he could not come earlier?
10. How does Serafina try to tidy her mother up?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and examine what it expresses about mid 20th century society.
1. The Catholic Church.
2. Teenage years.
3. Sicilian culture.
Essay Topic 2
Why is the community so important? How can the community can help Serafina recover from her husband's death? Could Serafina recover from her husband's death if she did not have so many friends around her?
Essay Topic 3
What are the conventions of a play in terms of character, language and plot? In what way did THE ROSE TATTOO help to set the template for similar plays? Do modern plays still use the ideas the author used in THE ROSE TATTOO?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)