|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Serafina say she has lost?
2. Who will not allow Rosario's body to be cremated?
3. What does Serafina ask the group not to do?
4. Who did Peppina hear calling to her from inside the house?
5. Which of the characters is dead?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Serafina run out of her house screaming?
2. How does Serafina react when Alvaro tell her that he loves her?
3. Why does Serafina have to go outside for some air?
4. How did Rosa meet Jack?
5. Why does Father de Leo think Serafina should get her life together?
6. Why does Father de Leo say he could not come earlier?
7. How does Assunta comfort Serafina?
8. Why does the priest not want Rosario's body cremated?
9. Describe Alvaro.
10. How does Miss Yorke's appearance enrage the women?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the play and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
Essay Topic 2
Look at the generation gap between younger and the older characters. What different experiences did both generations go through? What problems is the generation gap causing the characters? Is generational gap expressed in THE ROSE TATTOO particularly wide during this time or is a wide generational gap common to all ages?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Serafina's character to the person she is at the beginning of the play to the person she is at the end.
1. What did Serafina hope to achieve at the beginning of the play?
2. What events changes Serafina's ideas about life?
3. How has Serafina's character changed by the end of the play?
This section contains 1,173 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)