|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Estelle want made?
2. What does Serafina say her husband had a body like?
3. Why does Serafina want Rosario's body cremated?
4. What part of her body does Serafina clutch?
5. Why is Rosa allowed to graduate even though she missed her final examinations?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Assunta's occupation?
2. Why does Serafina say she is not jealous of Bessie and Flora?
3. Why does Serafina run out of her house screaming?
4. Describe the play's setting.
5. Why is Serafina frustrated at the beginning of this scene?
6. Why can Rosa still graduate despite the fact she had not attended any exams?
7. Why does Serafina tell Rosa not to look at Strega?
8. Why does Jack say Rosa needs to forget about him?
9. What is the story that Peppina tells about Rosa?
10. How did Serafina know she had conceived?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the play's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the 1950s? How does the author express these concerns?
2. How would the author change the play if it was set in today's society?
Essay Topic 2
THE ROSE TATTOO was made into a film starring Burt Lancaster. How did the filmmakers adapt Williams' ideas to film? How did these changes affect the meaning of the story?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the author's life. In what way are his life and personality is reflected in the book? Do the students think it is important to understand the author's life to understand the meaning of a work?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)