|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Serafina beg her daughter not to do?
2. How did Rosario die?
3. What does Miss Yorke want to get from the closet?
4. What is Miss Yorke's job?
5. What month does this scene take place in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Serafina frustrated at the beginning of this scene?
2. Why is Alvaro angry with the salesman?
3. Why does Father de Leo think Serafina should get her life together?
4. How does Serafina react when Alvaro tell her that he loves her?
5. How did Rosario die?
6. Describe Alvaro.
7. What does Assunta say about Rosario's ashes?
8. What mistake does Alvaro make when protesting against being a flirt?
9. Describe Serafina's appearance in this scene.
10. Why does Father de Leo say he could not come earlier?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Rosa has a difficult relationship with her mother. Why is a mother's relationship with her child so important? How has Rosa's relationship with her mother affected her?
Essay Topic 2
Choose two of the following people and outline his/her influence on Rosa's life.
Essay Topic 3
Pick two characters from the play and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters' goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)