Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Assunta say her powder will do to Serafina's husband?
2. What does Serafina want someone to take away from Rosa?
3. What does Estelle want made?
4. Who is Rosario making his last run for that night?
5. What part of her body does Serafina clutch?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Serafina tell Rosa not to look at Strega?
2. What mistake does Alvaro make when protesting against being a flirt?
3. How does Serafina react when the group enters the house?
4. Why does Serafina have to go outside for some air?
5. What is Assunta's occupation?
6. What does Rosa say Jack told her about dancing on the dance floor?
7. Why does Jack say Rosa needs to forget about him?
8. Who is waiting outside Serafina's house?
9. What sound comes from the back of the cottage?
10. What do Bessie and Flora talk about that upsets Serafina?
Look at the structure of the play.
1. How does the author use character and dialogue to drive the narrative?
2. Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the play's themes?
Asde from the main character examine the way the author uses the other characters in the play. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Choose two of the following people and outline his/her influence on Rosa's life.
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)