|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What needs to be repaired?
2. How does Serafina think her daughter has hurt herself?
3. What does Estelle do to the boy?
4. What can Serafina hear in the distance?
5. What is Rosario's job?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Flora and Bessie say they will do if Serafina does not finish their blouses?
2. Why does Father de Leo say he could not come earlier?
3. Why does Rosa break open the piggy bank?
4. How does the doctor want Assunta to help Serafina?
5. What do Bessie and Flora talk about that upsets Serafina?
6. What lesson does Serafina say Alvaro should learn?
7. Why is Alvaro angry with the salesman?
8. How did Rosa meet Jack?
9. Why does Jack want to take Rosa's handkerchief back to his ship?
10. Why does Rosa say her mother locked up her clothes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Rosa has a difficult relationship with her mother. Why is a mother's relationship with her child so important? How has Rosa's relationship with her mother affected her?
Essay Topic 2
THE ROSE TATTOO is a play. What are the differences between a film and a play in terms of the following?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Rosario's death affected one of the following areas in Serafina's life.
2. Social life.
3. Intimate relationships.
This section contains 1,175 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)