|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the mothers demanding Serafina give them?
2. What language does Miss Yorke say she speaks?
3. What is the name of Serafina's husband?
4. What is Miss Yorke's job?
5. What does the sign in the window say?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Serafina's appearance in this scene.
2. What is Serafina doing inside the house?
3. What does Assunta say about Rosario's ashes?
4. Why does Rosa say her mother locked up her clothes?
5. Why does Father de Leo think Serafina has gone off the deep end?
6. How does the doctor want Assunta to help Serafina?
7. How does Rosa react to her father's death?
8. Why is Serafina pleased Rosario is quitting his job?
9. Why does Serafina say she is not jealous of Bessie and Flora?
10. How does Assunta comfort Serafina?
Essay Topic 1
Asde from the main character examine the way the author uses the other characters in the play. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 2
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 3
Choose two of the following people and outline his/her influence on Rosa's life.
This section contains 1,197 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)