|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Serafina's husband?
2. What do the women beat Estelle with?
3. What does Rose have tied around her wrist?
4. What does Serafina say is now her only concern?
5. Who will not allow Rosario's body to be cremated?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jack want to take Rosa's handkerchief back to his ship?
2. What is the story that Peppina tells about Rosa?
3. How do the women react to Estelle's appearance?
4. What lesson does Serafina say Alvaro should learn?
5. How does Serafina react when she hears Rosa screaming?
6. Why does Serafina say she is not jealous of Bessie and Flora?
7. Describe Serafina's appearance in this scene.
8. Why are the women gathered outside Serafina's house?
9. Why is Alvaro angry with the salesman?
10. What does Serafina say is the truth about Alvaro?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
THE ROSE TATTOO is a play. What are the differences between a film and a play in terms of the following?
Essay Topic 2
Rosa has a difficult relationship with her mother. Why is a mother's relationship with her child so important? How has Rosa's relationship with her mother affected her?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the play's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the 1950s? How does the author express these concerns?
2. How would the author change the play if it was set in today's society?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)