|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Estelle want made?
2. What does Miss Yorke want to get from the closet?
3. What is Serafina wearing?
4. What is Serafina worried she will be late for?
5. What does Peppina say Rosa was wearing when she turned to look at her?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Serafina react when she hears Rosa screaming?
2. Why does Serafina say she does not want to make friends with her neighbors?
3. Why does Serafina tell Rosa not to look at Strega?
4. Why did Rosa run to the bathroom at the dance?
5. What does Alvaro foretell will happen to Serafina?
6. Why did Alvaro's wedding never take place?
7. Why is Serafina frustrated at the beginning of this scene?
8. Why does Father de Leo say he could not come earlier?
9. How does Serafina try to tidy her mother up?
10. What does Flora tell Serafina about Rosario?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the play and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
Essay Topic 2
Compare Serafina's character to the person she is at the beginning of the play to the person she is at the end.
1. What did Serafina hope to achieve at the beginning of the play?
2. What events changes Serafina's ideas about life?
3. How has Serafina's character changed by the end of the play?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the play's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas?
This section contains 1,256 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)