|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Rose meet Jack?
2. Who are the graduation dresses for?
3. What do the women beat Estelle with?
4. What happened to Rosario's body when his vehicle crashed?
5. What are people in New Orleans dropping out of windows?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rosa react to her father's death?
2. Why does Father de Leo think Serafina has gone off the deep end?
3. Why does Rosa say her mother is moaning?
4. Why does Serafina say she is not jealous of Bessie and Flora?
5. Why does Father de Leo say he could not come earlier?
6. Why did Rosa run to the bathroom at the dance?
7. Why does Alvaro crawl over to Rosa?
8. What does Serafina say is the truth about Alvaro?
9. Why does Serafina not want Bessie and Flora to bother her?
10. How does Assunta comfort Serafina?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the play and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and examine what it expresses about mid 20th century society.
1. The Catholic Church.
2. Teenage years.
3. Sicilian culture.
Essay Topic 3
Choose two of the following people and outline his/her influence on Rosa's life.
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)