|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Rosario die?
2. What needs to be repaired?
3. What two cities is the play's setting located between?
4. What does Serafina say is now her only concern?
5. What ethnic group is the area mostly populated with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What lesson does Serafina say Alvaro should learn?
2. How does Serafina react when the group enters the house?
3. What does Flora tell Serafina about Rosario?
4. Why does Rosa say her mother is moaning?
5. Why does Rosa say her mother locked up her clothes?
6. Why does Father de Leo think Serafina should get her life together?
7. Why does Rosa break open the piggy bank?
8. How does Rosa react to her father's death?
9. Why are the women gathered outside Serafina's house?
10. Why does Serafina run out of her house screaming?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is the community so important? How can the community can help Serafina recover from her husband's death? Could Serafina recover from her husband's death if she did not have so many friends around her?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the author's life. In what way are his life and personality is reflected in the book? Do the students think it is important to understand the author's life to understand the meaning of a work?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the author's style. How would you describe the author's style? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)