|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Estelle yell is dead?
2. What does Rosa say she is ashamed of?
3. What does Miss Yorke want to get from the closet?
4. What does the priest not want to happen to Rosario's body?
5. What does Estelle ask Serafina about?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the doctor want Assunta to help Serafina?
2. Why does Jack say Rosa needs to forget about him?
3. Why does Rosa say her mother locked up her clothes?
4. What does the doctor tell Father de Leo about Serafina?
5. Why does Father de Leo say he could not come earlier?
6. How does the audience immediately understand that the owner of the house is a dressmaker?
7. Why does Serafina say she does not want to make friends with her neighbors?
8. How does Jack gain Serafina's respect?
9. Why does Serafina have to go outside for some air?
10. What lesson does Serafina say Alvaro should learn?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is the community so important? How can the community can help Serafina recover from her husband's death? Could Serafina recover from her husband's death if she did not have so many friends around her?
Essay Topic 2
Pick two characters from the play and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters' goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
Look at the generation gap between younger and the older characters. What different experiences did both generations go through? What problems is the generation gap causing the characters? Is generational gap expressed in THE ROSE TATTOO particularly wide during this time or is a wide generational gap common to all ages?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)