|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had been Rosario's lover?
2. Who does Estelle yell is dead?
3. What do the women beat Estelle with?
4. What needs to be repaired?
5. What is Estelle carrying a bouquet of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the story that Peppina tells about Rosa?
2. How does Serafina arrange for Alvaro to sleep at her house without the neighbors knowing?
3. Why does Father de Leo say he could not come earlier?
4. Why can Rosa still graduate despite the fact she had not attended any exams?
5. How do the women react to Estelle's appearance?
6. Why does Jack want to take Rosa's handkerchief back to his ship?
7. Why does Serafina not want Bessie and Flora to bother her?
8. How does the audience immediately understand that the owner of the house is a dressmaker?
9. Describe Alvaro.
10. Describe the play's setting.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the author's style. How would you describe the author's style? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 2
Look at the generation gap between younger and the older characters. What different experiences did both generations go through? What problems is the generation gap causing the characters? Is generational gap expressed in THE ROSE TATTOO particularly wide during this time or is a wide generational gap common to all ages?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the play and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)