|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Peppina hear calling to her from inside the house?
2. What happened to Rosario's body when his vehicle crashed?
3. What does Rosa say her husband's skin was as smooth as?
4. What type of material is Serafina holding?
5. What did Estelle have tattooed onto her chest?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jack say Rosa needs to forget about him?
2. What does Serafina make Jack do?
3. What does Flora tell Serafina about Rosario?
4. How does Serafina react when she hears Rosa screaming?
5. What does Alvaro foretell will happen to Serafina?
6. Why does Serafina say she does not want to make friends with her neighbors?
7. Why does Serafina say she is not jealous of Bessie and Flora?
8. Why does Jack want to take Rosa's handkerchief back to his ship?
9. How does the doctor want Assunta to help Serafina?
10. How does Serafina react when the group enters the house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Rosa has a difficult relationship with her mother. Why is a mother's relationship with her child so important? How has Rosa's relationship with her mother affected her?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the book's reception in three different countries including the country the book was written. How do their opinions about the books differ? Was the book more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
Essay Topic 3
Why is the community so important? How can the community can help Serafina recover from her husband's death? Could Serafina recover from her husband's death if she did not have so many friends around her?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)