|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of drug does the doctor give Assunta to give to Serafina?
2. What happened to Rosario's body when his vehicle crashed?
3. What does Flora say Rosario was smuggling under the bananas?
4. Who is Rosario making his last run for that night?
5. What do the women say they could call Serafina to get her to open the door?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Father de Leo think Serafina has gone off the deep end?
2. What is Serafina doing inside the house?
3. What is the story that Peppina tells about Rosa?
4. Why does Serafina say she is not jealous of Bessie and Flora?
5. How did Serafina know she had conceived?
6. Why is Serafina pleased Rosario is quitting his job?
7. How does Assunta comfort Serafina?
8. How does Serafina react when Alvaro tell her that he loves her?
9. How does Miss Yorke's appearance enrage the women?
10. How does Jack gain Serafina's respect?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick two characters from the play and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters' goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 2
Asde from the main character examine the way the author uses the other characters in the play. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 3
Look at the structure of the play.
1. How does the author use character and dialogue to drive the narrative?
2. Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the play's themes?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)