|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rosa say her husband's skin was as smooth as?
2. What do the women beat Estelle with?
3. What does Serafina say is now her only concern?
4. What color is the cottage wallpaper?
5. Which of the group opens the house door?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the doctor tell Father de Leo about Serafina?
2. What is the story that Peppina tells about Rosa?
3. What is Assunta's occupation?
4. What mistake does Alvaro make when protesting against being a flirt?
5. Describe Alvaro.
6. How does the audience immediately understand that the owner of the house is a dressmaker?
7. Why does Father de Leo think Serafina has gone off the deep end?
8. How does Rosa react to her father's death?
9. What does Serafina make Jack do?
10. How does the doctor want Assunta to help Serafina?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how Rosario's death affected one of the following areas in Serafina's life.
2. Social life.
3. Intimate relationships.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the play's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the play's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the 1950s? How does the author express these concerns?
2. How would the author change the play if it was set in today's society?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)