|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Estelle want made?
2. What does Serafina ask the group not to do?
3. What city are Bessie and Flora catching a train to?
4. What do the women say they could call Serafina to get her to open the door?
5. What is Serafina worried she will be late for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Serafina doing inside the house?
2. Why does Serafina have to go outside for some air?
3. Why does Serafina say she does not want to make friends with her neighbors?
4. What do Flora and Bessie say they will do if Serafina does not finish their blouses?
5. How does Serafina react when Alvaro tell her that he loves her?
6. Describe Serafina's appearance in this scene.
7. Why does Father de Leo say he could not come earlier?
8. How does Serafina arrange for Alvaro to sleep at her house without the neighbors knowing?
9. Why does Alvaro crawl over to Rosa?
10. What sound comes from the back of the cottage?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
THE ROSE TATTOO was made into a film starring Burt Lancaster. How did the filmmakers adapt Williams' ideas to film? How did these changes affect the meaning of the story?
Essay Topic 3
Choose two of the following people and outline his/her influence on Rosa's life.
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)