|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the priest?
(a) Father Donald.
(b) Father de Leo.
(c) Father de Rio.
(d) Father de Niro.
2. Which of the characters is dead?
3. What two cities is the play's setting located between?
(a) New York and New Jersey.
(b) Houston and Dallas.
(c) Los Angeles and San Francisco.
(d) New Orleans and Mobile.
4. What do the women beat Estelle with?
(a) A shoe.
(b) A baseball bat.
(c) Her roses.
(d) A whip.
5. What does Estelle do to the boy?
(a) Kicks him.
(b) Hits him.
(c) Licks him.
(d) Kisses him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Miss Yorke's job?
2. What are people in New Orleans dropping out of windows?
3. What is Rosario's mark?
4. When does the doctor say Assunta should inject Serafina with the morphine?
5. What do the thorns tear from Rosa's face?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Alvaro crawl over to Rosa?
2. Why does Serafina say she does not want to make friends with her neighbors?
3. What does the doctor tell Father de Leo about Serafina?
4. What does Rosa say Jack told her about dancing on the dance floor?
5. How does Miss Yorke's appearance enrage the women?
6. What mistake does Alvaro make when protesting against being a flirt?
7. What does Assunta say about Rosario's ashes?
8. How does Serafina arrange for Alvaro to sleep at her house without the neighbors knowing?
9. Describe Serafina's appearance in this scene.
10. How does the audience immediately understand that the owner of the house is a dressmaker?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)