|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Estelle yell is dead?
(a) Her lover.
(b) Her best friend.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her papa.
2. What two cities is the play's setting located between?
(a) New Orleans and Mobile.
(b) Los Angeles and San Francisco.
(c) Houston and Dallas.
(d) New York and New Jersey.
3. What does Miss Yorke ask for?
(b) The graduation dresses.
(d) The keys to the closet.
4. What does Rosario put in his hair?
(a) Olive oil.
(b) Rose oil.
(c) Whiskey cream.
(d) Brille cream.
5. What does Flora say Rosario was smuggling under the bananas?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Estelle going to give Rosario as a gift?
2. What is the name of the woman who comes to the house in this scene?
3. Who pulled Rose away from the window?
4. What city are Bessie and Flora catching a train to?
5. Who does Serafina blame for her recent trouble with her daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is waiting outside Serafina's house?
2. Describe Alvaro.
3. How did Rosario die?
4. How does Serafina react when Alvaro tell her that he loves her?
5. How does Serafina arrange for Alvaro to sleep at her house without the neighbors knowing?
6. What does Flora tell Serafina about Rosario?
7. How does Serafina react when the group enters the house?
8. Why is Rosa so sad?
9. Why does Rosa say her mother is moaning?
10. Why is Alvaro angry with the salesman?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)