|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of drug does the doctor give Assunta to give to Serafina?
2. What does Flora say she and Bessie will do if Serafina does not give them the blouse?
(a) Report her.
(b) Sit on the lawn.
(c) Damage her house.
(d) Damage her car.
3. What can the audience hear inside the house?
(c) A sewing machine.
(d) A generator.
4. What is Estelle carrying a bouquet of?
(c) Fox gloves.
(d) Blue bells.
5. Who is Father de Leo talking to at the beginning of the scene?
(a) A doctor.
(c) A nurse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Serafina blame for her recent trouble with her daughter?
2. What does Serafina beg her daughter not to do?
3. Who had been Rosario's lover?
4. What is the name of Serafina's daughter?
5. What does Rosa say she is ashamed of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Serafina tell Rosa not to look at Strega?
2. How do the women react to Estelle's appearance?
3. How does Serafina react when Alvaro tell her that he loves her?
4. Why does the doctor not see a problem with Serafina's cremating Rosario's body?
5. Why does Jack say Rosa needs to forget about him?
6. What is Serafina doing inside the house?
7. How does Serafina arrange for Alvaro to sleep at her house without the neighbors knowing?
8. Why is Serafina pleased Rosario is quitting his job?
9. Why did Rosa run to the bathroom at the dance?
10. Why does Serafina have to go outside for some air?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)