|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Serafina say she has lost?
(a) Her husband's love.
(b) Her daughter's gift.
(c) Her daughter's love.
(d) Her virginity.
2. Who had been Rosario's lover?
3. What is Assunta's job?
(a) A dressmaker.
(b) A cook.
(c) A nurse.
(d) An herbalist.
4. Who are the graduation dresses for?
(a) The women's daughters.
(b) The women.
(c) The women's granddaughters.
(d) The women's cutomers.
5. Who pleads with Serafina to release the graduation dresses?
(c) Miss Yorke.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who pulled Rose away from the window?
2. Which of the group opens the house door?
3. What is the name of the woman who comes to the house in this scene?
4. What does Flora want to pick up from Serafina?
5. What of the following words best describes Serafina?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Alvaro foretell will happen to Serafina?
2. Why does Serafina run out of her house screaming?
3. Why does Rosa say her mother locked up her clothes?
4. Why are the women gathered outside Serafina's house?
5. What does Assunta say about Rosario's ashes?
6. How does Serafina react when the group enters the house?
7. Why did Rosa run to the bathroom at the dance?
8. Why is Alvaro angry with the salesman?
9. What lesson does Serafina say Alvaro should learn?
10. How does Miss Yorke's appearance enrage the women?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)