|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the doctor say Serafina had lost?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her job.
(c) Her baby.
(d) Her money.
2. What is Serafina's surname?
(b) Delle Rose.
(c) La San.
3. Why does Father de Leo not want Rosario's body to be cremated?
(a) It is an abomination of the Catholic Church.
(b) It is against Rosario's wishes.
(c) Serafina cannot afford such a funeral.
(d) It is against Serafina's wishes.
4. What is Estelle's surname?
5. Who pleads with Serafina to release the graduation dresses?
(d) Miss Yorke.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of truck did Rosario drive for the Romano Brothers?
2. What does Serafina say her husband had a body like?
3. What color is the cottage wallpaper?
4. What does Serafina ask the group not to do?
5. Who does the group agree should tell Serafina the news?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Alvaro's wedding never take place?
2. Describe Alvaro.
3. Describe Serafina's appearance in this scene.
4. Why does Serafina run out of her house screaming?
5. Why is Serafina frustrated at the beginning of this scene?
6. How does Miss Yorke's appearance enrage the women?
7. Why is Rosa so sad?
8. Why does Serafina not want Bessie and Flora to bother her?
9. What does Rosa say Jack told her about dancing on the dance floor?
10. Why does Serafina have to go outside for some air?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)