|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rosario's mark?
(a) A bluebell tattoo.
(b) A rose heart.
(c) A rose petal.
(d) A rose tattoo.
2. What does Rosa say her husband's skin was as smooth as?
(d) A rose petal.
3. What is the name of the priest?
(a) Father Donald.
(b) Father de Leo.
(c) Father de Niro.
(d) Father de Rio.
4. Who does Estelle yell is dead?
(a) Her best friend.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her papa.
(d) Her lover.
5. What can Serafina hear in the distance?
(a) The high school band.
(b) Boys playing.
(c) The church bells.
(d) The highway.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city are Bessie and Flora catching a train to?
2. What is Rosario's job?
3. Who is Rosario making his last run for that night?
4. Who does Serafina blame for her recent trouble with her daughter?
5. Why is Rosa allowed to graduate even though she missed her final examinations?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the doctor not see a problem with Serafina's cremating Rosario's body?
2. Why does the priest not want Rosario's body cremated?
3. What do Bessie and Flora talk about that upsets Serafina?
4. Why is Serafina pleased Rosario is quitting his job?
5. Why does Jack say Rosa needs to forget about him?
6. How does the doctor want Assunta to help Serafina?
7. Why does Father de Leo think Serafina has gone off the deep end?
8. Why does Serafina run out of her house screaming?
9. How does the audience immediately understand that the owner of the house is a dressmaker?
10. What does Serafina say is the truth about Alvaro?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)