|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Estelle do to the boy?
(a) Licks him.
(b) Kisses him.
(c) Hits him.
(d) Kicks him.
2. What does Miss Yorke want to get from the closet?
(a) Rosa's dress.
(b) Rosa's homework.
(c) A broom.
(d) A cushion.
3. What does the priest not want to happen to Rosario's body?
(a) For it to be cremated.
(b) For it to be buried.
(c) For it to be disfigured.
(d) For it to be sent back to Italy.
4. Who pleads with Serafina to release the graduation dresses?
(d) Miss Yorke.
5. What does Rosa say her husband's skin was as smooth as?
(b) A rose petal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the women decide against calling the police?
2. What did Rose tell Peppina had been locked up?
3. Who is Rosario making his last run for that night?
4. What is Jack's job?
5. What does the doctor say Serafina had lost?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Serafina arrange for Alvaro to sleep at her house without the neighbors knowing?
2. What does the doctor tell Father de Leo about Serafina?
3. What does Alvaro foretell will happen to Serafina?
4. How does Miss Yorke's appearance enrage the women?
5. What does Flora tell Serafina about Rosario?
6. How does Rosa react to her father's death?
7. What lesson does Serafina say Alvaro should learn?
8. How did Serafina know she had conceived?
9. Why does Serafina say she is not jealous of Bessie and Flora?
10. Why is Rosa so sad?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)