Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Assunta say her powder will do to Serafina's husband?
(a) Make him fall in love.
(b) Make him work harder.
(c) Make him more potent.
(d) Make him do the housework.
2. What does Serafina want someone to take away from Rosa?
(a) A clock.
(b) A gun.
(c) A knife.
(d) A brick.
3. What does Estelle want made?
(a) A dress.
(b) A shirt.
4. Who is Rosario making his last run for that night?
(a) Brothers Mercutio.
(b) Brothers Grimm.
(c) Brothers Coen.
(d) Brothers Romano.
5. What part of her body does Serafina clutch?
(a) Her hair.
(b) Her knee.
(c) Her arm.
(d) Her throat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What language does Miss Yorke say she speaks?
2. What does Flora say she and Bessie will do if Serafina does not give them the blouse?
3. Who is Serafina waiting for?
4. Why do the women decide against calling the police?
5. What does Serafina say her husband had a body like?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Serafina tell Rosa not to look at Strega?
2. What mistake does Alvaro make when protesting against being a flirt?
3. How does Serafina react when the group enters the house?
4. Why does Serafina have to go outside for some air?
5. What is Assunta's occupation?
6. What does Rosa say Jack told her about dancing on the dance floor?
7. Why does Jack say Rosa needs to forget about him?
8. Who is waiting outside Serafina's house?
9. What sound comes from the back of the cottage?
10. What do Bessie and Flora talk about that upsets Serafina?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)