|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Estelle yell is dead?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her lover.
(c) Her best friend.
(d) Her papa.
2. What ethnic group is the area mostly populated with?
(c) African Americans.
3. Who are the graduation dresses for?
(a) The women's granddaughters.
(b) The women.
(c) The women's daughters.
(d) The women's cutomers.
4. What can the audience hear inside the house?
(c) A sewing machine.
(d) A generator.
5. What does Rose have tied around her wrist?
(a) A rag.
(b) A hankerchief.
(c) A piece of string.
(d) A piece of rope.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peppina say Rosa was wearing when she turned to look at her?
2. Which of the characters is dead?
3. Who does Serafina blame for her recent trouble with her daughter?
4. What does Miss Yorke want to get from the closet?
5. What month does this scene take place in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the doctor not see a problem with Serafina's cremating Rosario's body?
2. How does Assunta comfort Serafina?
3. Describe Serafina's appearance in this scene.
4. How do the women react to Estelle's appearance?
5. How does Serafina arrange for Alvaro to sleep at her house without the neighbors knowing?
6. How does the doctor want Assunta to help Serafina?
7. Why does Father de Leo think Serafina has gone off the deep end?
8. How does the audience immediately understand that the owner of the house is a dressmaker?
9. How does Miss Yorke's appearance enrage the women?
10. How does Serafina react when the group enters the house?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)