|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the doctor say Serafina had lost?
(a) Her job.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her money.
(d) Her baby.
2. What does Miss Yorke want to get from the closet?
(a) A cushion.
(b) Rosa's homework.
(c) A broom.
(d) Rosa's dress.
3. What city are Bessie and Flora catching a train to?
(a) New York.
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) New Orleans.
4. What of the following words best describes Serafina?
5. Who does Serafina not want the women to behave improper in front of?
(b) Her dead husband.
(d) The dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peppina say Rosa was wearing when she turned to look at her?
2. What does Serafina say she has lost?
3. Who do the women consider calling?
4. What happened to Rosario's body when his vehicle crashed?
5. What is Serafina wearing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the priest not want Rosario's body cremated?
2. How did Rosario die?
3. Why does Serafina run out of her house screaming?
4. How does Assunta comfort Serafina?
5. How does the doctor want Assunta to help Serafina?
6. What does Flora tell Serafina about Rosario?
7. What do Bessie and Flora talk about that upsets Serafina?
8. Describe Alvaro.
9. How do the women react to Estelle's appearance?
10. What is Serafina doing inside the house?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)