|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can the audience hear inside the house?
(b) A generator.
(c) A sewing machine.
2. What of the following words best describes Serafina?
3. What does Serafina beg her daughter not to do?
(a) Go to the dance.
(b) Marry Jack.
(c) Go to university.
(d) Leave her alone.
4. What does Serafina ask the group not to do?
(a) Come in.
(b) Sit down.
5. What does Rose have tied around her wrist?
(a) A piece of string.
(b) A hankerchief.
(c) A rag.
(d) A piece of rope.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Serafina say Bessie and Flora are crazy about?
2. Which of the characters is dead?
3. Who does Serafina blame for her recent trouble with her daughter?
4. Who had been Rosario's lover?
5. Who does Estelle yell is dead?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Serafina make Jack do?
2. What is Assunta's occupation?
3. How does Miss Yorke's appearance enrage the women?
4. Why does Rosa break open the piggy bank?
5. Why does the priest not want Rosario's body cremated?
6. Why did Rosa run to the bathroom at the dance?
7. What does Rosa say Jack told her about dancing on the dance floor?
8. What does Assunta say about Rosario's ashes?
9. How does the audience immediately understand that the owner of the house is a dressmaker?
10. Why is Rosa so sad?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)