|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Rosario die?
(a) He drowned.
(b) He was shot in the head.
(c) He had a heart attack.
(d) He burned to death.
2. What does Rose have tied around her wrist?
(a) A hankerchief.
(b) A rag.
(c) A piece of string.
(d) A piece of rope.
3. What does Rosa say she is ashamed of?
(a) How she lives.
(b) Her education.
(c) Her mother.
(d) The house.
4. What does Rosario put in his hair?
(a) Olive oil.
(b) Brille cream.
(c) Whiskey cream.
(d) Rose oil.
5. What part of her body does Serafina clutch?
(a) Her throat.
(b) Her knee.
(c) Her hair.
(d) Her arm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Serafina wearing?
2. What do the women beat Estelle with?
3. Who pleads with Serafina to release the graduation dresses?
4. What does Estelle do to the boy?
5. What is Serafina worried she will be late for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Serafina say is the truth about Alvaro?
2. Why does Serafina not want Bessie and Flora to bother her?
3. What mistake does Alvaro make when protesting against being a flirt?
4. What sound comes from the back of the cottage?
5. Describe the play's setting.
6. Why is Serafina pleased Rosario is quitting his job?
7. Why does Serafina say she is not jealous of Bessie and Flora?
8. Why is Alvaro angry with the salesman?
9. How do the women react to Estelle's appearance?
10. What does the doctor tell Father de Leo about Serafina?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)