|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Serafina say the women in the neighborhood live without?
2. What was the part of Alvaro that did not not remind Serafina of Rosario?
(a) His legs.
(b) His face.
(c) His hands.
(d) His hair.
3. What does Father de Leo want Serafina to attend more often?
(b) Community picnics.
(d) Sunday school.
4. What does Serafina throw against the wall?
(a) A vase.
(b) The television set.
(c) A knife.
(d) Rosario's urn.
5. Where does Serafina go when she sees Alvaro's rose tattoo?
(a) The bathroom.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) Her bedroom.
6. What does Serafina say it means when she feels the burn of a rose in her chest?
(a) She is getting married.
(b) She is going to move away.
(c) She has conceived.
(d) She is in love.
7. Who enters the house when Rosa leaves?
(d) Father de Leo.
8. Where does Jack have to be at 5 o'clock?
(b) His parent's house.
(c) His ship.
9. What is Serafina asking the Lady Madonna to give her?
(b) A sign.
(c) A husband.
10. What has Jack bought for Serafina?
(a) A blouse.
(b) A watch,
11. What kind of ring did Alvaro give his fiance?
(a) A gold ring.
(b) A ruby ring.
(c) A diamond ring.
(d) A zircon ring.
12. Who is the next person to visit Serafina?
(b) The mayor.
(d) A salesman.
13. What does Jack run towards?
(b) His ship.
(c) His parent's house.
(d) The library.
14. What part of Serafina's body does Alvaro pinch?
(a) Her backside.
(b) Her thigh.
(c) Her stomach.
(d) Her arm.
15. Who approaches the house at the beginning of this scene?
(b) Father de Leo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rosa ask Jack to describe to Serafina?
2. What does Alvaro call the salesman?
3. What is the name of the first book Jack shows Serafina?
4. For what was Serafina saving the undergarments Rosa is wearing?
5. Who did Father Leo have to baptize?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)