|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item of clothing is Alvaro without?
(a) A shirt.
(b) A pair of pants.
(c) A pair of shoes.
2. What kind of watch did Serafina buy for Rosa?
(a) A Swiss.
(b) A Timex.
(c) A Bulova.
(d) A Donova.
3. What does Jack run towards?
(a) The library.
(c) His parent's house.
(d) His ship.
4. What does Serafina treat Alvaro like?
(a) A rapist.
(b) A husband.
(c) A stranger.
(d) A criminal.
5. Who does the salesman say he will report Alvaro to?
(a) The mayor.
(b) Alvaro's mother.
(c) Alvaro's boss.
(d) The sheriff.
6. What does Alvaro's hair smell of?
(b) Rose oil.
(c) Olive oil.
7. What has happened to Rosario's ashes?
(a) The wind has blown them away.
(b) Rosa has stolen them.
(c) They have fallen under the floorboards.
(d) The cat has eaten them.
8. Why does Serafina leave the house?
(a) To find Rosa.
(b) To find Rosario's ashes.
(c) To buy luch.
(d) To find Alvaro.
9. Who enters the house when Rosa leaves?
(a) Father de Leo.
10. What has Jack bought for Serafina?
(c) A blouse.
(d) A watch,
11. Who does Serafina say Alvaro should never try to fool?
(c) The police.
12. What is the name of the first book Jack shows Serafina?
(a) The Digest of Knowledge.
(b) The Fountain of Knowledge.
(c) The American Splendour.
(d) Gideon's Bible.
13. What does Alvaro accuse Serafina of being for too long?
(a) A widow.
(b) A dog.
(c) A whore.
(d) A dressmaker.
14. What has Serafina spilled on her night dress?
15. What does Father de Leo want Serafina to attend more often?
(a) Community picnics.
(b) Sunday school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Serafina say had been outside?
2. Where does Rosa fall asleep?
3. What does Serafina start to arrange on the tray?
4. What religion did Jack swear he was?
5. What has Jack stopped doing?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)