|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Serafina try to hurt the priest?
(a) She hits him.
(b) She scratches him.
(c) She spits at him.
(d) She kicks him.
2. What is Serafina asking the Lady Madonna to give her?
(b) A sign.
(c) A husband.
3. What has happened to Rosario's ashes?
(a) They have fallen under the floorboards.
(b) The cat has eaten them.
(c) Rosa has stolen them.
(d) The wind has blown them away.
4. Who does Serafina say Alvaro should never try to fool?
(b) The police.
5. Why does Serafina leave the house?
(a) To find Rosa.
(b) To find Rosario's ashes.
(c) To buy luch.
(d) To find Alvaro.
6. Who does Alvaro phone?
7. What item of his clothing did Alvaro tear in the fight?
(a) His jacket.
(b) His sweat shirt.
(c) His shirt.
(d) His pants.
8. Who does Serafina say is always watching?
(a) Father de Leo.
(b) Lady Madonna.
9. Who does Serafina say Alvaro reminded her of?
(b) Father de Leo.
(c) Frank Sinatra.
(d) Her father.
10. What does Alvaro ask if Jack has?
(a) A tattoo.
(b) A crew cut.
(c) A sailor's hat.
(d) Big ears.
11. What does Father de Leo want Serafina to attend more often?
(a) Community picnics.
(c) Sunday school.
12. Where does Rosa fall asleep?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The bathroom.
(c) The couch.
(d) Her bed.
13. What does Alvaro accuse Serafina of being for too long?
(a) A whore.
(b) A dog.
(c) A dressmaker.
(d) A widow.
14. How does Rosa react when she sees Alvaro?
(a) She laughs.
(b) She hits him.
(c) She grabs him.
(d) She screams.
15. What are the two books tied with?
(a) White satin.
(b) A purple ribbon.
(c) A red ribbon.
(d) White silk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Serafina start to arrange on the tray?
2. What does Rosa break on the floor?
3. What is the name of the first book Jack shows Serafina?
4. What does Serafina put in her purse?
5. Who does Serafina ask to forgive her?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)