|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Flora say Rosario was smuggling under the bananas?
2. What is the little boy playing with?
(a) A bicycle.
(b) A train.
(c) A ball.
(d) A dog.
3. What is Estelle's surname?
4. What did Estelle have tattooed onto her chest?
(a) A bluebell.
(b) A rose.
(c) Rosario's name.
(d) A heart.
5. Why do the women decide against calling the police?
(a) They don't want more trouble.
(b) They are on the run.
(c) The police are corrupt.
(d) The police have better things to do.
6. What is Miss Yorke's job?
(a) A dressmaker.
(b) A secretary.
(c) A housewife.
(d) A teacher.
7. What does Peppina say Rosa was wearing when she turned to look at her?
(b) A black dress.
(d) A night dress.
8. How did Rosario die?
(a) He burned to death.
(b) He had a heart attack.
(c) He drowned.
(d) He was shot in the head.
9. What is Assunta's job?
(a) A cook.
(b) A nurse.
(c) An herbalist.
(d) A dressmaker.
10. What kind of drug does the doctor give Assunta to give to Serafina?
11. What does Flora say she and Bessie will do if Serafina does not give them the blouse?
(a) Damage her house.
(b) Sit on the lawn.
(c) Damage her car.
(d) Report her.
12. Who pulled Rose away from the window?
13. What do the women say they could call Serafina to get her to open the door?
14. What does Rose have tied around her wrist?
(a) A piece of rope.
(b) A piece of string.
(c) A hankerchief.
(d) A rag.
15. What do the thorns tear from Rosa's face?
(a) Her veil.
(b) Her eye.
(c) Her nose.
(d) Her bandage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Yorke ask for?
2. What part of her body does Serafina clutch?
3. Who pleads with Serafina to release the graduation dresses?
4. Who does Serafina blame for her recent trouble with her daughter?
5. What kind of truck did Rosario drive for the Romano Brothers?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)