|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Serafina ask the group not to do?
(b) Sit down.
(d) Come in.
2. What are the mothers demanding Serafina give them?
(a) School uniforms.
(b) Graduation dresses.
(c) Funeral suits.
(d) Baseball uniforms.
3. What does the sign in the window say?
(a) Beware of dog.
(c) Go away.
(d) Room free.
4. What does Estelle ask Serafina about?
(a) Her washing.
(b) Her sewing.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her son.
5. What is Estelle carrying a bouquet of?
(b) Fox gloves.
(d) Blue bells.
6. Which of the group opens the house door?
(b) Father de Leo.
7. What is the little boy playing with?
(a) A dog.
(b) A ball.
(c) A train.
(d) A bicycle.
8. Who does Serafina not want the women to behave improper in front of?
(b) The dog.
(d) Her dead husband.
9. What can Serafina hear in the distance?
(a) The church bells.
(b) Boys playing.
(c) The highway.
(d) The high school band.
10. Who do the women consider calling?
(b) The army.
(c) The police.
(d) Their husbands.
11. What kind of drug does the doctor give Assunta to give to Serafina?
12. What did Estelle have tattooed onto her chest?
(a) A rose.
(b) Rosario's name.
(c) A heart.
(d) A bluebell.
13. What is the name of the woman who comes to the house in this scene?
14. What needs to be repaired?
(a) The car.
(b) The cottage.
(c) The swimming pool.
(d) The church.
15. What does Rosa say she is ashamed of?
(a) Her mother.
(b) How she lives.
(c) Her education.
(d) The house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the group agree should tell Serafina the news?
2. What city are Bessie and Flora catching a train to?
3. What does the priest not want to happen to Rosario's body?
4. What does Serafina say she has lost?
5. What does Serafina say is now her only concern?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)