|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Serafina waiting for?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her daughter.
(d) Her husband.
2. What does Serafina beg her daughter not to do?
(a) Marry Jack.
(b) Go to the dance.
(c) Leave her alone.
(d) Go to university.
3. Who does Serafina not want the women to behave improper in front of?
(a) The dog.
(b) Her dead husband.
4. Who is Father de Leo talking to at the beginning of the scene?
(a) A doctor.
(c) A nurse.
5. What does Estelle want made?
(a) A shirt.
(b) A dress.
6. What does Peppina say Rosa was wearing when she turned to look at her?
(a) A night dress.
(b) A black dress.
7. What part of her body does Serafina clutch?
(a) Her hair.
(b) Her arm.
(c) Her knee.
(d) Her throat.
8. What do the women beat Estelle with?
(a) Her roses.
(b) A whip.
(c) A shoe.
(d) A baseball bat.
9. What is the name of Serafina's husband?
10. Which of the characters is dead?
11. What does Miss Yorke want to get from the closet?
(a) A cushion.
(b) Rosa's dress.
(c) A broom.
(d) Rosa's homework.
12. When does the doctor say Assunta should inject Serafina with the morphine?
(a) If she talks about her husband.
(b) When she tries to get up.
(c) When she hits out.
(d) When she becomes hysterical.
13. What do the thorns tear from Rosa's face?
(a) Her nose.
(b) Her bandage.
(c) Her eye.
(d) Her veil.
14. What did Estelle have tattooed onto her chest?
(a) A rose.
(b) A heart.
(c) A bluebell.
(d) Rosario's name.
15. How did Rosario die?
(a) He drowned.
(b) He was shot in the head.
(c) He burned to death.
(d) He had a heart attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Rosario making his last run for that night?
2. What can Serafina hear in the distance?
3. What are the mothers demanding Serafina give them?
4. What color is the cottage wallpaper?
5. Why does Father de Leo not want Rosario's body to be cremated?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)