|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Serafina's husband?
2. Who does Serafina blame for her recent trouble with her daughter?
(a) Her dead husband.
(b) The local boys.
(d) The school.
3. Why is Rosa allowed to graduate even though she missed her final examinations?
(a) She is a popular student.
(b) She achieved good grades in the past.
(c) She is an ambassador for the school.
(d) She is the school mascot.
4. What can Serafina hear in the distance?
(a) The high school band.
(b) The highway.
(c) The church bells.
(d) Boys playing.
5. Which of the group opens the house door?
(b) Father de Leo.
6. What is Assunta's job?
(a) An herbalist.
(b) A dressmaker.
(c) A cook.
(d) A nurse.
7. What is the name of the woman who comes to the house in this scene?
8. Which of the characters is dead?
9. What is Miss Yorke's job?
(a) A housewife.
(b) A secretary.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A dressmaker.
10. What is Jack's job?
(a) A barman.
(b) A soldier.
(c) A sailor.
(d) A builder.
11. What does Rose have tied around her wrist?
(a) A piece of rope.
(b) A rag.
(c) A piece of string.
(d) A hankerchief.
12. What does Serafina beg her daughter not to do?
(a) Go to the dance.
(b) Leave her alone.
(c) Go to university.
(d) Marry Jack.
13. What does Serafina say her husband had a body like?
(a) A young boy.
(b) An old man.
(c) A teenager.
(d) A body builder.
14. What happened to Rosario's body when his vehicle crashed?
(a) It was burned.
(b) It was crushed.
(c) It was split in half.
(d) It was thrown onto the road.
15. What is Serafina giving Rosa as her graduation present?
(a) A car.
(b) A book.
(c) A dress.
(d) A watch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Serafina say is now her only concern?
2. Who do the women consider calling?
3. What is the name of the priest?
4. Who is Father de Leo talking to at the beginning of the scene?
5. What does Flora say Rosario was smuggling under the bananas?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)