|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Serafina say is now her only concern?
(a) The happiness of her daughter.
(b) Her husband's ashes.
(c) Her own happiness.
(d) The graduation dresses.
2. What are people in New Orleans dropping out of windows?
(a) Paper bags filled with water.
(d) Balloons filled with water.
3. What do the thorns tear from Rosa's face?
(a) Her bandage.
(b) Her nose.
(c) Her veil.
(d) Her eye.
4. Who do the women consider calling?
(b) The police.
(c) The army.
(d) Their husbands.
5. How does Serafina think her daughter has hurt herself?
(a) Slit her wrists.
(b) Stabbed her knee.
(c) Slit her throat.
(d) Sliced her eye.
6. What happened to Rosario's body when his vehicle crashed?
(a) It was thrown onto the road.
(b) It was split in half.
(c) It was crushed.
(d) It was burned.
7. Who pleads with Serafina to release the graduation dresses?
(a) Miss Yorke.
8. What does the doctor say Serafina had lost?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her money.
(c) Her job.
(d) Her baby.
9. What does Flora say she and Bessie will do if Serafina does not give them the blouse?
(a) Sit on the lawn.
(b) Damage her house.
(c) Damage her car.
(d) Report her.
10. What is the name of Serafina's husband?
11. Who does Serafina not want the women to behave improper in front of?
(b) Her dead husband.
(c) The dog.
12. What type of material is Serafina holding?
13. What does Serafina say Bessie and Flora are crazy about?
(c) New Orleans.
14. Who did Rose want Peppina to call?
15. What does Miss Yorke want to get from the closet?
(a) A cushion.
(b) A broom.
(c) Rosa's homework.
(d) Rosa's dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Rose meet Jack?
2. What did Estelle have tattooed onto her chest?
3. Which of the group opens the house door?
4. What does Miss Yorke ask for?
5. How did Rosario die?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)