|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Serafina beg her daughter not to do?
(a) Marry Jack.
(b) Leave her alone.
(c) Go to university.
(d) Go to the dance.
2. What does Serafina say she has lost?
(a) Her virginity.
(b) Her daughter's love.
(c) Her daughter's gift.
(d) Her husband's love.
3. What did Estelle have tattooed onto her chest?
(a) A rose.
(b) A heart.
(c) Rosario's name.
(d) A bluebell.
4. What does Flora say Rosario was smuggling under the bananas?
5. Which of the group opens the house door?
(d) Father de Leo.
6. Who do the women consider calling?
(a) The police.
(c) The army.
(d) Their husbands.
7. What does Rosa say her husband's skin was as smooth as?
(a) A rose petal.
8. Why is Rosa allowed to graduate even though she missed her final examinations?
(a) She achieved good grades in the past.
(b) She is the school mascot.
(c) She is a popular student.
(d) She is an ambassador for the school.
9. What does Rosa say she is ashamed of?
(a) Her education.
(b) The house.
(c) How she lives.
(d) Her mother.
10. What is Rosario's mark?
(a) A rose tattoo.
(b) A rose heart.
(c) A rose petal.
(d) A bluebell tattoo.
11. Which of the characters is dead?
12. What does Estelle want made?
(a) A dress.
(b) A shirt.
13. Who are the graduation dresses for?
(a) The women's daughters.
(b) The women's cutomers.
(c) The women's granddaughters.
(d) The women.
14. Who does Serafina blame for her recent trouble with her daughter?
(a) The school.
(c) The local boys.
(d) Her dead husband.
15. What does Miss Yorke ask for?
(a) The keys to the closet.
(b) The graduation dresses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city are Bessie and Flora catching a train to?
2. What of the following words best describes Serafina?
3. What kind of entertainers are Flora and Bessie?
4. What does Miss Yorke want to get from the closet?
5. What does the doctor say Serafina had lost?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)