|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city are Bessie and Flora catching a train to?
(b) New Orleans.
(c) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
2. Who is Father de Leo talking to at the beginning of the scene?
(c) A nurse.
(d) A doctor.
3. What part of her body does Serafina clutch?
(a) Her hair.
(b) Her knee.
(c) Her arm.
(d) Her throat.
4. What does Serafina say her husband had a body like?
(a) A young boy.
(b) A teenager.
(c) A body builder.
(d) An old man.
5. What ethnic group is the area mostly populated with?
(b) African Americans.
6. What color is the cottage wallpaper?
7. What does the doctor say Serafina had lost?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her job.
(c) Her baby.
(d) Her money.
8. Who is Rosario making his last run for that night?
(a) Brothers Romano.
(b) Brothers Mercutio.
(c) Brothers Coen.
(d) Brothers Grimm.
9. What does Rosa say her husband's skin was as smooth as?
(d) A rose petal.
10. Who does Estelle yell is dead?
(a) Her best friend.
(b) Her papa.
(c) Her lover.
(d) Her brother.
11. What is the name of Serafina's daughter?
12. What do the women say they could call Serafina to get her to open the door?
13. What is Serafina's surname?
(a) La San.
(b) Delle Rose.
14. What is Miss Yorke's job?
(a) A housewife.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A dressmaker.
(d) A secretary.
15. What is Rosario's mark?
(a) A rose heart.
(b) A bluebell tattoo.
(c) A rose tattoo.
(d) A rose petal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had been Rosario's lover?
2. When does the doctor say Assunta should inject Serafina with the morphine?
3. What of the following words best describes Serafina?
4. What does Peppina say Rosa was wearing when she turned to look at her?
5. What is Serafina worried she will be late for?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)