|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Serafina's surname?
(b) Delle Rose.
(c) La San.
2. Why does Father de Leo not want Rosario's body to be cremated?
(a) Serafina cannot afford such a funeral.
(b) It is against Serafina's wishes.
(c) It is an abomination of the Catholic Church.
(d) It is against Rosario's wishes.
3. What can Serafina hear in the distance?
(a) The high school band.
(b) Boys playing.
(c) The church bells.
(d) The highway.
4. What does Flora say Rosario was smuggling under the bananas?
5. What kind of entertainers are Flora and Bessie?
6. What is Estelle's surname?
7. What is Estelle carrying a bouquet of?
(c) Blue bells.
(d) Fox gloves.
8. What does Assunta say her powder will do to Serafina's husband?
(a) Make him do the housework.
(b) Make him work harder.
(c) Make him fall in love.
(d) Make him more potent.
9. Which of the characters is dead?
10. What are the mothers demanding Serafina give them?
(a) Baseball uniforms.
(b) Graduation dresses.
(c) Funeral suits.
(d) School uniforms.
11. Who had been Rosario's lover?
12. What happened to Rosario's body when his vehicle crashed?
(a) It was burned.
(b) It was split in half.
(c) It was crushed.
(d) It was thrown onto the road.
13. What is the little boy playing with?
(a) A dog.
(b) A ball.
(c) A bicycle.
(d) A train.
14. Who pleads with Serafina to release the graduation dresses?
(d) Miss Yorke.
15. What type of material is Serafina holding?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the doctor say Serafina had lost?
2. Where did Rose meet Jack?
3. What is Serafina worried she will be late for?
4. What ethnic group is the area mostly populated with?
5. Who pulled Rose away from the window?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)