|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Father de Leo not want Rosario's body to be cremated?
(a) It is against Serafina's wishes.
(b) It is against Rosario's wishes.
(c) It is an abomination of the Catholic Church.
(d) Serafina cannot afford such a funeral.
2. What does Serafina say her husband had a body like?
(a) A teenager.
(b) A young boy.
(c) An old man.
(d) A body builder.
3. Which of the group opens the house door?
(d) Father de Leo.
4. Who pulled Rose away from the window?
5. What is the name of the woman who comes to the house in this scene?
6. What did Rose tell Peppina had been locked up?
(a) Her keys.
(b) Her money.
(c) Her dog.
(d) Her clothes.
7. What does Rosa say her husband's skin was as smooth as?
(b) A rose petal.
8. What does Flora say she and Bessie will do if Serafina does not give them the blouse?
(a) Damage her house.
(b) Sit on the lawn.
(c) Damage her car.
(d) Report her.
9. What does Rose have tied around her wrist?
(a) A piece of string.
(b) A piece of rope.
(c) A hankerchief.
(d) A rag.
10. Who does Estelle yell is dead?
(a) Her lover.
(b) Her papa.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her best friend.
11. How does Serafina think her daughter has hurt herself?
(a) Slit her throat.
(b) Stabbed her knee.
(c) Slit her wrists.
(d) Sliced her eye.
12. What are the mothers demanding Serafina give them?
(a) Graduation dresses.
(b) School uniforms.
(c) Baseball uniforms.
(d) Funeral suits.
13. Who is Father de Leo talking to at the beginning of the scene?
(b) A nurse.
(c) A doctor.
14. Which of the characters is dead?
15. Who are the graduation dresses for?
(a) The women's cutomers.
(b) The women.
(c) The women's daughters.
(d) The women's granddaughters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Serafina want Rosario's body cremated?
2. What part of her body does Serafina clutch?
3. What is Serafina giving Rosa as her graduation present?
4. What is Miss Yorke's job?
5. Who did Peppina hear calling to her from inside the house?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)