|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rosario put in his hair?
(a) Whiskey cream.
(b) Brille cream.
(c) Rose oil.
(d) Olive oil.
2. What does Flora want to pick up from Serafina?
(a) A pair of pants.
(b) A pair of shoes.
(c) A blouse.
3. What does Estelle ask Serafina about?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her washing.
(d) Her sewing.
4. What are people in New Orleans dropping out of windows?
(a) Balloons filled with water.
(b) Paper bags filled with water.
5. What do the women say they could call Serafina to get her to open the door?
6. Who does the group agree should tell Serafina the news?
(c) Father de Leo.
7. What does Rose have tied around her wrist?
(a) A rag.
(b) A hankerchief.
(c) A piece of rope.
(d) A piece of string.
8. Who did Peppina hear calling to her from inside the house?
9. What does the doctor say Serafina had lost?
(a) Her job.
(b) Her money.
(c) Her baby.
(d) Her mother.
10. Who did Rose want Peppina to call?
11. Where did Rose meet Jack?
(a) A bar.
(b) On holiday.
(c) The graduation dance.
(d) A high school dance.
12. What is Rosario's mark?
(a) A rose heart.
(b) A rose petal.
(c) A bluebell tattoo.
(d) A rose tattoo.
13. What is Jack's job?
(a) A builder.
(b) A barman.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A sailor.
14. What does Serafina say Bessie and Flora are crazy about?
(c) New Orleans.
15. What is Estelle's surname?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the little boy playing with?
2. What did Rose tell Peppina had been locked up?
3. What is Assunta's job?
4. Why is Rosa allowed to graduate even though she missed her final examinations?
5. What does Flora say she and Bessie will do if Serafina does not give them the blouse?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)