|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Assunta's job?
(a) A nurse.
(b) A cook.
(c) An herbalist.
(d) A dressmaker.
2. Why is Rosa allowed to graduate even though she missed her final examinations?
(a) She is the school mascot.
(b) She is an ambassador for the school.
(c) She achieved good grades in the past.
(d) She is a popular student.
3. What does Serafina say is now her only concern?
(a) The happiness of her daughter.
(b) Her husband's ashes.
(c) Her own happiness.
(d) The graduation dresses.
4. What does Rose have tied around her wrist?
(a) A hankerchief.
(b) A rag.
(c) A piece of string.
(d) A piece of rope.
5. Who did Rose want Peppina to call?
6. What are people in New Orleans dropping out of windows?
(a) Paper bags filled with water.
(c) Balloons filled with water.
7. What color is the cottage wallpaper?
8. What does Rosa say she is ashamed of?
(a) The house.
(b) Her education.
(c) How she lives.
(d) Her mother.
9. What does Flora say she and Bessie will do if Serafina does not give them the blouse?
(a) Damage her car.
(b) Report her.
(c) Sit on the lawn.
(d) Damage her house.
10. What is Rosario's mark?
(a) A rose tattoo.
(b) A bluebell tattoo.
(c) A rose heart.
(d) A rose petal.
11. Who does Serafina not want the women to behave improper in front of?
(a) Her dead husband.
(b) The dog.
12. What type of material is Serafina holding?
13. Who is Rosario making his last run for that night?
(a) Brothers Coen.
(b) Brothers Mercutio.
(c) Brothers Romano.
(d) Brothers Grimm.
14. Who does Serafina blame for her recent trouble with her daughter?
(a) The school.
(b) The local boys.
(d) Her dead husband.
15. What was Estelle going to give Rosario as a gift?
(a) A pair of shoes.
(b) An ashtray.
(c) A television.
(d) A shirt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Assunta say her powder will do to Serafina's husband?
2. What is the name of Serafina's husband?
3. How did Rosario die?
4. What is Serafina giving Rosa as her graduation present?
5. Why do the women decide against calling the police?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)