|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cross know Errol Parker?
2. Where do the FBI agents meet to discuss the robberies in Chapter 23?
3. Where does Christine work?
4. Where is Mr. Grandstaff?
5. What does Jannie eat in the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Cross confused when he describes the case to Kyle Craig? How does Craig explain what Cross is confused about?
2. Why is Mr. Blue mad at the Chase Manhattan bank manager's wife, Victoria Casselman? What does he do to her?
3. Why does the Mastermind have Brianne and Errol do his dirty work instead of committing the horrible deeds himself?
4. What does Cross tease Nana Mama about when wakes up early the morning after finding the Parkers dead? How does she respond?
5. With which drug does the Mastermind kill the second team of bank robbers? How does the drug work?
6. As Cross and Sampson are running after Montgomery, Cross keeps saying that he is a fast runner in his mind. Is he serious? Why does he say that?
7. Are the Mastermind's motives easy to distinguish? What does he do that is different from most professional robbers?
8. Where does Joseph Petrillo live? What is the neighborhood like? What happens when Cross and Cavalierre reach his house?
9. What does Cross hope doesn't happen to Jannie in the ambulance? What happens as the doctors finish examining her at the hospital?
10. What is the No. 1 recommendation of the American Society for Industrial Safety in the event of a robbery? How does the author bring this fact up?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do Alex's feelings for Christine evolve throughout the novel? How do those feelings affect how he feels about Betsey?
Essay Topic 2
Explain what Christine's flower garden represents, using evidence from the book.
Essay Topic 3
There are quite a few secondary characters in the book. Name some of them and describe why they are there. How do they relate to the primary characters?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)