|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the RN Cross talks to about Jannie's condition at the hospital?
2. What is probably wrong with Jannie after Damon punches her?
3. What was supposed to have happened to the hostages in the Citibank robbery?
4. What is the difference between the current robberies and the ones in the past?
5. What kind of brain tumor does Jannie have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Cross confused when he describes the case to Kyle Craig? How does Craig explain what Cross is confused about?
2. How does Jannie describe the hospital food? Why is her assessment particularly funny?
3. How does Christine react to hearing the news of the murdered mother in a London supermarket? Why is her suspicion about who committed the crime particularly odd?
4. Does Kyle Craig like parties? How does the author indicate this?
5. Does the villain think that calling himself the Mastermind makes him seem powerful? Why does he pick the name?
6. Where does Jannie think she is when she wakes up from surgery? What has Cross done to show camaraderie for her after her surgery?
7. Is the bank robbery crew for the Falls Church job as good as the Parkers? Are they as expensive?
8. Describe how Cross feels about Christine. Why does Christine act distantly toward Cross?
9. Are the Mastermind's motives easy to distinguish? What does he do that is different from most professional robbers?
10. What does Cross tease Nana Mama about when wakes up early the morning after finding the Parkers dead? How does she respond?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the various conflicts between the different law-enforcement groups throughout the novel. What are the various causes of these conflicts? How are they approached and resolved, if at all?
Essay Topic 2
Alex Cross is always weighing the importance of his job against how it interferes with his personal life. What conflicts arise as a result of this? How does he deal with these conflicts?
Essay Topic 3
There is an old saying, "If you want something done right, do it yourself." Why doesn't the Mastermind commit the robberies himself? How does he ensure that the people he works with will do what he says? How does he feel about his vantage point as the observer?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)