|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children does Cross have?
2. Where was Christine held captive?
(a) Long Island.
3. How does Cross find the hostages in the third robbery?
(a) Gagged with black tape.
(b) Poisoned like the Parkers.
(c) Shot dead.
(d) Gone from the premises.
4. What does Jannie eat in the hospital?
(a) Breyers Ice Cream.
(b) Hospital food only.
(c) Big Mike Giordano's pizza.
(d) Chinese food.
5. How do Brianne's eyes look when they find her dead?
(a) Cloudy, like she had cataracts.
(b) There is nothing in her eye sockets.
(c) Like someone had closed them after she died.
(d) Wide open and bloodshot.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the Parkers' hideout furnished?
2. What does Sampson call Cross as they head into the apartments?
3. Why does Cross take his kids into the basement?
4. What kind of apartments are the ones on First Avenue?
5. How many people die in the second robbery?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Brianne feel confident and in control of the situation at Citibank?
2. The author quotes an old saying, "Don't think there are no crocodiles because the water is calm." What does he mean by that?
3. The Mastermind writes letters to higher-ups in bank corporations. What are they about? Does he send them? Where does he put them?
4. What are Damon and Jannie doing when Jannie falls down? Did he mean to hurt Jannie?
5. How does Jannie describe the hospital food? Why is her assessment particularly funny?
6. How did it look to Cross and Sampson that the Mastermind killed the Parkers? Why kill them that way?
7. Is the bank robbery crew for the Falls Church job as good as the Parkers? Are they as expensive?
8. Are the Mastermind's motives easy to distinguish? What does he do that is different from most professional robbers?
9. What does Cross tease Nana Mama about when wakes up early the morning after finding the Parkers dead? How does she respond?
10. Where does Joseph Petrillo live? What is the neighborhood like? What happens when Cross and Cavalierre reach his house?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)