|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Cross find the hostages in the third robbery?
(a) Shot dead.
(b) Poisoned like the Parkers.
(c) Gagged with black tape.
(d) Gone from the premises.
2. How does the Citibank robber feel about committing the robbery?
(a) Sad because she can never become a cop after this.
(b) Powerful because she gets to order people around.
(c) Up against the wall, like she has to do it or else.
(d) Frustrated because she can't find another job .
3. What condition is the nanny in when she is murdered?
(a) She has a brain tumor.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She has multiple sclerosis.
(d) She had a seizure.
4. Who are the robbers the police study from the past to compare to the current string of robberies?
(a) Simpson and De Luis.
(b) Danner and Snow.
(c) Dougherty and Connor.
(d) Sampson and Ruiz.
5. In what city does the Citbank robbery take place?
(a) Silver Spring, Maryland.
(b) Arlington, Virginia.
(c) Rosslyn, Virginia.
(d) Chevy Chase, Maryland.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Brianne's eyes look when they find her dead?
2. Who is the informant Cross and Cavalierre talk to in Chapter 39?
3. What does Sampson do with the baby?
4. What is different about the third robbery?
5. What time does Mrs. Casselman leave the house in the morning that gets Mr. Blue so mad?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Sampson have any hesitation in asking Cross about his troubled relationship with Christine? Who else does he ask about?
2. Why does the Mastermind kill the Parkers after all they had done for him?
3. Is the bank robbery crew for the Falls Church job as good as the Parkers? Are they as expensive?
4. How did it look to Cross and Sampson that the Mastermind killed the Parkers? Why kill them that way?
5. Where is Jannie's tumor located and is it serious?
6. Does the villain think that calling himself the Mastermind makes him seem powerful? Why does he pick the name?
7. With which drug does the Mastermind kill the second team of bank robbers? How does the drug work?
8. Does Kyle Craig like parties? How does the author indicate this?
9. From whom do the banks in the book generally receive hate mail? What does Cross do to investigate hate mail related to the robberies?
10. How many people are initially thought to have been killed in the Citibank robbery? How many were really killed by Errol Parker?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)