|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who at the boarding house goes out for the mail?
(d) Mrs. Milagros.
2. How does Mrs. Milagros describe Camilo in Part I, Chapter 2?
(a) As verbally abusive.
(b) As innocent.
(c) As unkind.
(d) As intelligent.
3. What does Mrs. Milagros' daughter Enilde do?
(a) She is now the boarding house cook.
(b) She works on a farm.
(c) She studies music.
(d) She studies painting.
4. In Part I, Chapter 4, what is missing from the letter that earlier letters had?
(b) The name of the person that the letter was addressed to.
(c) A return address, since Rosaura had already left her father's house when she wrote it.
(d) The full address.
5. Mrs. Milagros opens the book with a description of a guest arriving at her boarding house. Who was that guest?
(a) Brooke Castillo.
(b) Carlos Rios.
(c) Camilo Canegato.
(d) Lila Lombrozo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finds the language of the letters to Camilo to be indecent?
2. Where does Camilo claim he learned of the pills, powders, and syrups that he uses?
3. In Part I, Chapter 1, Mrs. Milagros claims that Camilo had been staying with her for six months. In Part I, Chapter 2, how long does she say that he had stayed with her?
4. What form does Mrs. Milagros' narration take?
5. What does Mrs. Milagros do with the letter that arrives for Camilo in Part I, Chapter 4?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)