|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Mrs. Milagros' daughters relate to Camilo?
(a) They become infatuated with him, much to Mrs. Milagros' dismay.
(b) They become his painting students.
(c) They become familiar with him and like him.
(d) They learn to create their own medicines from him.
2. What does Eufrasia argue is "evident" in Part I, Chapter 4?
(a) Mrs. Milagros has a right to open the letter.
(b) Mrs. Milagros' soup has made Camilo sick.
(c) Matilde is in love with Camilo.
(d) The letters are arriving with such frequency that Mrs. Milagros must speak with Camilo.
3. What form does Mrs. Milagros' narration take?
(a) A song.
(b) A dialog with her daughter.
(c) A letter.
(d) A declaration.
4. What does Mrs. Milagros describe as difficult ("un arte nada facil") for the owners of boarding houses?
(a) Making sure her young children are not negatively influenced by the presence of her guests.
(b) Creating meals that satisfy everyone's tastes.
(c) To find and select clients.
(d) Making sure clients keep the place clean so as to avoid attracting mice.
5. How do guests organize for meal times?
(a) They eat in their own rooms.
(b) They eat at a picnic table in the yard.
(c) They all eat at the same table.
(d) They don't eat together since the kitchen is being remodeled.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what did Mrs. Milagros' husband die?
2. What does Camilo paint in his piece titled "La Madrilena"?
3. How does Camilo react to Mrs. Milagros at the end of Part I, Chapter 4?
4. Which of the following best describes Camilo's attitude toward La Chelo?
5. After the dinner described in Part I, Chapter 4, how do the boarding house guests feel?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)