|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mrs. Milagros hang the painting "La Madrilena"?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) In the restroom.
(c) In her green room.
(d) In the dining room.
2. How does Mrs. Milagros describe watching Camilo go to his room where he will read his letter?
(a) Like a mother watching a bird leave the nest.
(b) Like a hopeless romantic, hoping for the best.
(c) Like a manager, sending an entertainer out to the stage.
(d) Like a mother watching a son go to war.
3. In Part I, Chapter 1, Mrs. Milagros claims that Camilo had been staying with her for six months. In Part I, Chapter 2, how long does she say that he had stayed with her?
(a) 12 years.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 1 year.
4. Who else is in the house where Camilo converses with a patron in Part I, Chapter 5?
(a) The man's wife.
(b) A young woman.
(c) A host of servants.
(d) A young man.
5. Why does Mrs. Milagros not wish to open the final letter delivered for Camilo from Rosaura?
(a) She is jealous of Camilo.
(b) She does not want to anger Camilo.
(c) She worries Camilo may walk in.
(d) She is ashamed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Milagros suggest that Camilo do?
2. Who joins Mrs. Milagros to the door to greet Rosaura in Part I, Chapter 8?
3. How does Mrs. Milagros describe Camilo in Part I, Chapter 2?
4. What is the subject of the painting described in Part I, Chapter 5?
5. Which of the following best describes Mrs. Milagros' reaction to Rosaura's letter?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)