|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 51-60.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Kunta's friends believe about the toubob?
(a) That they take captives to eat them.
(b) That they take captives to become their slaves.
(c) That they kill their captives as offerings to their gods.
(d) That they force their captives to walk until they die.
2. What happens to Kunta's food on the first night he is in the custody of his new master?
(a) It is out of his reach and he cannot get it.
(b) Some children take it from him.
(c) The dog eats it.
(d) He eats it.
3. What is the fate of the young girl who jumps overboard?
(a) She is shot by the slavers.
(b) She is eaten by sharks.
(c) She is left behind.
(d) She drowns.
4. How is Bell getting information about the uprising against England?
(a) She finds documents left by the master
(b) The master is talking to her.
(c) She listens in on conversations whenever there is company.
(d) News comes from slaves of other plantations.
5. What is the one item Omoro keeps from Kunta's childish grasp?
(a) The charms at the head of his bed
(b) The prayer rug
(c) The arrows
(d) The hot coals of the fire
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the fate of the Wolof who attacks the toubobs?
2. What does Kunta believe to be the reason for the scrubbing, medicating and shaving just after land is sighted?
3. Why does the old gardener tell Kunta their master doesn't have an overseer?
4. What is the purpose of the turtle and the fish in the village well?
5. Who has the responsibility for harvesting rice?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)