|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 51-60.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kunta begin eating the horrible gruel that's put before him?
(a) So that he will regain his strength.
(b) He is hungry.
(c) He comes to accept that it's all that will be offered.
(d) To keep from being beaten for not eating.
2. How many strings does the instrument called a kora have?
3. According to custom, when is Kunta to be weaned?
(a) When he can walk
(b) At one year
(c) As soon as he can eat meat
(d) When he can talk
4. What year is the baby who will be named Kunta born?
5. Who tells the slaves about the Manumission Act that allows masters to free their slaves?
(b) Master William
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kunta's punishment upon his capture?
2. What does Kunta steal in the hope that it might help him escape?
3. Why does Kunta hate the task of carrying Bell's basket of vegetables when she first begins asking him to do it?
4. What does Fiddler do to make his fingers nimble again?
5. How many times daily do the men stop for prayers?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)