|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 51-60.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kunta wearing when he wakes after his attack?
(a) White man's clothing
(b) Only a loincloth
(c) His own bloodied clothes
2. According to custom, when is Kunta to be weaned?
(a) When he can talk
(b) At one year
(c) When he can walk
(d) As soon as he can eat meat
3. What item is bestowed on Kunta by Binta to mark his next step into manhood?
(a) New shoes
(b) A slingshot
(c) New clothes
(d) A new knife
4. Why do the people of Kunta's village protect owls?
(a) They are protected by Allah.
(b) They are elusive.
(c) The spirits of ancestors reside in owls.
(d) They are prohibited by the religion.
5. Who has the responsibility for harvesting rice?
(a) The women
(b) The entire family
(c) The young boys
(d) The men
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bell say about the reason the master has never been married?
2. What name is given to Kunta's baby brother?
3. Why are the young men of Kunta's age urged to attend council meetings?
4. What is the significance of a wrestler picking up the headpiece of a village girl?
5. What does Kunta do with the food the woman brings him as he continues to convalesce?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)