|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 51-60.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the rule Kunta must follow when it is time to eat?
(a) Chew with his mouth closed
(b) Never speak to adults who are eating
(c) Eati only after the adults begin
(d) Keep his eyes on his own food
2. What does Kunta learn is the reason that Fiddler is no longer playing for the slaves?
(a) He is planning to leave the plantation.
(b) He is angry at Kunta.
(c) He is paid to play for the whites and is worn out.
(d) He is getting too old to play well.
3. What is the significance of a wrestler picking up the headpiece of a village girl?
(a) There is no significance.
(b) He is expressing his interest in marriage.
(c) He is signalling an appreciation for her sewing ability.
(d) He is offering to trade her a gift for the head piece.
4. What do Kunta's friends believe about the toubob?
(a) That they take captives to become their slaves.
(b) That they kill their captives as offerings to their gods.
(c) That they take captives to eat them.
(d) That they force their captives to walk until they die.
5. Where is Kunta to live when he returns to the village after his manhood training?
(a) In the hut of his mother
(b) In the hut with his father
(c) In his own hut
(d) In a hut with other young men of his age
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the gift Nyo Boto gives Kunta as he prepares to go on the journey with his father?
2. Why does Kunta remain away from the Fiddler's house during Christmas?
3. How is Bell getting information about the uprising against England?
4. What is the gift Omoro gives Kunta upon his graduation?
5. How is Kunta told that a griot learns his skill?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)